One For All URC-8910 w/Harman/Kardon HK-3490? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-08-2010, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone out there happen to use a One For All universal remote with the Harman/Kardon HK-3490 stereo receiver?

In particular, I have the One For All URC-8910. I tried the codes for Harman stereos (0110) and Harman amplifiers (0892), but neither worked.

Also, I tried emailing One For All's support email and got no response. Likewise, I've tried calling their support number several times, but it's always busy. Their website doesn't even have any information relating to the URC-8910.

It's a shame, because I really like the remote. It's been a solid performer for years, and I'm pretty sure I spent at most $25 on it! If I can't get it to work with the HK-3490, though, I'm afraid I'll have to find a replacement.

Thanks!
Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-08-2010, 05:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 279
Post your code search at the JP1 site (link in my sig) and mention you need someone to make a wav file for you. Then you can load the HK code via your computer speaker. If you read the beginner threads, you can even learn how to make wav files yourself and control any new device you like. I still use my 8910 all the time with all my latest equipment.

If you have any soldering skills, you can make a cable for around $5 and program your remote from your computer and add lots of new capabilities, similar to harmony.

If you decide to get a new remote, I'd love to have your old 8910. PM me if you're interested.
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page