AVS Forum banner
57K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Roscoe76 
#1 ·
I have a Vizio VBR231 BLU-RAY DVD player and am trying to program my COX Universal Remote (used on a Motorola DCT6416 DVR) to work with it. The two DVD player codes (1064, 1226) listed in the remote's manual are useless and I cannot find any DVD codes on the Vizio WWWeb site. Can anyone help?

#2 ·
Let's see if the DVD codes are the same as VBR200W. Using Setup code 1064, tap the number 4 button on the remote. See if it toggles power on the DVD player. Also check if the CH+ button on the remote causes a down arrow on the DVD player.

If these work, we'll be able to customize the remote to control everything..

#4 ·
OK, that's the Channel Lock feature, which is primarily used on cable remotes to route CH+/- and digit buttons to the cable box, even if the remote is in TV mode. That's defeatable, but let's do the test in a different way. Again using 1064 (needs to be on the DVD or VCR device button, not on a TV device button), tap Setup and then enter the 5 digit sequence 00053. When you enter the last digit (3), the remote will send an IR signal. I'm hoping that will toggle the DVD power. Menu may be 00084. Play is 00155 and Stop is 00149.

#6 ·
This could be like looking for a needle in a haystack. I recommend that you email Vizio and ask for the IR codes.

They have supplied these for TVs, and the format would look something like:

Volume + ---- 02FD.

Play --------- B04F

I would not ask for a setup code. You're looking for a list of perhaps 40-50 IR function codes.

#7 ·
I contacted Vizio tech support with little success...

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your recent inquiry with VIZIO. I would be more than happy to help you with your concern. Here at VIZIO we do offer best in class technical support.

Currently the only code the VBR231 will respond to is 22563."

I then replied that I need a 4 digit code for my universal remote and got this `final' reply...

"I apologize but 22563 is the only code I have. We don't have any 4 digit codes for the VIZIO Blu-Ray players."

So I guess I'll be juggling with yet another remote...

#8 ·
Here's an example of an email from Vizio tech support. The important point is to not ask for a setup code (they've already done all they can--22563 just means Video 2563; the leading 2 implies Video to some UEI remotes.) Instead you need to ask for the individual function numbers. The below email excerpt refers to a TV, but they should have similar information for the DVD. They won't send this to you unless you specifically ask for it, because most people have no idea what to do with the info.

We use NEC protocol with address 04FB for all of our TVs (except the really old ones, like P4)

Key Label Code

CH + 00

CH 01

VOL + 02

VOL 03

DEVICE PWR TOGGLE 07

POWER 08

MUTE 09

MTS 0A

AUDIO 0B

SLEEP 0E

0 10

1 11

2 12

3 13

4 14

5 15

6 16

7 17

8 18

9 19

LAST 1A

INFO 1B

GUIDE 1C

LIST 1D

MUTE ON 20

MUTE OFF 21

#14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe76  /t/1288816/universal-remote-codes-for-vizio-dvd-player#post_24803561

Greetings,  googled across these posts.  Using a RC65RBX DirectTV remote I used the 21064 code & while it did not work according to the remote the "4" button turned on the power as predicted by 3FingeredGlove... not sure where I go from here....Thank You.

With Directv remote you can't do anything with that, it doesn't allow for keymoves, or accepting advanced codes or teaching commands, you're stuck with whatever's preset.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.