Logitech Harmony 620 not working with Cisco CIS430 set top box - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 12-13-2010, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a logitech harmony 620 universal remote and have been loving it from day 1. Haven't encountered any problems until now. I have a cisco CIS430 set top box for my Telus tv and the remote won't work with it. When I input the commands as RAW it recognizes them but then after when I try to use those commands through the 620 to power on the set top box, nothing happens. As far as I can tell, no commands work even though they are all recognized commands from the original remote. I believe the model number of the cisco is 1215875 (and I also have one that is 1215874). I know that to control the set top box with the original remote, you first have to press the "Telus STB" button to send commands to that as opposed the pressing "TV" to work the TV. Once you press the "Telus STB" button, you can then press the power button to toggle the set top box power on/off. The "Telus STB" and "TV" buttons aren't recognized by the harmony as IR button presses so they must be internal on the original remote.

Anyone got any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2010, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicestain09 View Post

I have a logitech harmony 620 universal remote and have been loving it from day 1. Haven't encountered any problems until now. I have a cisco CIS430 set top box for my Telus tv and the remote won't work with it. When I input the commands as RAW it recognizes them but then after when I try to use those commands through the 620 to power on the set top box, nothing happens. As far as I can tell, no commands work even though they are all recognized commands from the original remote. I believe the model number of the cisco is 1215875 (and I also have one that is 1215874). I know that to control the set top box with the original remote, you first have to press the "Telus STB" button to send commands to that as opposed the pressing "TV" to work the TV. Once you press the "Telus STB" button, you can then press the power button to toggle the set top box power on/off. The "Telus STB" and "TV" buttons aren't recognized by the harmony as IR button presses so they must be internal on the original remote.

Anyone got any ideas?

Yes, those two buttons on the original remote are switching the codes sent by the remote from TV codes to STB codes. You can find your Cisco CIS430 in the Logitech database, so you can easily add it as a device using the software for the Harmony remote. There is already a set of codes there, probably the ones regarding the STB. If you need to use the commands for the TV too, you can add your TV as a separate device and add it to the activity, or you can learn the IR commands from the original remote at the STB device within the software, and name them like "Volume Up TV", "Menu TV", "Mute TV", etc. (in order to make the difference between them and the STB commands).
I hope I didn't twist the words too much ...
Old 12-14-2010, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

Ya I know how to do all that already and when I set up the device as Cisco CIS430 it didn't seem to work, which is why I am here. I was able to get it to recognize commands now but it seems to not always turn the STB on or off when it's told to. Even when I press help on the remote and try turning it on or off that way. Any ideas?
Old 11-29-2012, 12:26 AM

I find the harmony 620 doesn't work great with it either. I am still fiddling with it. Initially I couldn't get it to work at all until I upgraded the firmware.