Please HELP Xsight Touch Connection Problems - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 01-19-2011, 06:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got a Xsight touch remote yesterday and am having some trouble getting it to sync with the EZ-RC software.

When I first connected it via USB to my computer the EZ-RC software updated the firmware on the controller. I think that this process might have forze as it continued to say updating firmware for some time and I ended up disconnecting the USB and removing the battery.

The spesific problem is that when I press "Download To Remote" I get an error saying "Please connect your remote to your PC ..." but it is connected and the task bar icon verifys this. This is despite the fact that it is able to connect to the remote on start up of the web app.

When the download starts a status bar appears at the bottom and then goes away, The remotes sound changes at this time as well, so it appears as though it is trying to write to memory but is unable to for some reason.

I Have tried to reset and factory reset but neither of them worked, is there anyway to check that the firmware is correct or if I can reflash the firmware?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-19-2011, 01:10 PM

I think you nailed the problem. the firmware got corrupted on the install. From the xSight thread here and from some review it takes a long time and is slow to do the updates etc. I would go exchange it or call AR for warranty...

DJ
Vischeck Color deficiency goodies: 8.5% of the human population
post #3 of 7 Old 01-19-2011, 05:59 PM - Thread Starter

My problem is that AR has no phone support and has a slow responce time for email questions. It could take a very long time to get any support from them. As for returning it I got it online so I would like perfer to fix it.

Is there no flasher tool for this type of product or is there anything I can use in the manafest folder of the program?
post #4 of 7 Old 01-23-2011, 10:24 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by UndisputedOne View Post

My problem is that AR has no phone support and has a slow responce time for email questions. It could take a very long time to get any support from them. As for returning it I got it online so I would like perfer to fix it.

Did you ever find a solution to your problem? I have a similar problem with my XSight Color remote, except it has lost most of the screen content and I can only see the first (language) screen for the initial setup. I called the service number (800-276-0509) and the CR told me to remove the batteries and then press the power button and OK button at the same time for 10 seconds and then to replace the batteries while keeping the buttons depressed. When I did that, the remote goes into an "Update Mode" at which time you connect the USB and run an update. My remote went through all of the steps, but then after I see it saying that the firmware is being updated, it throws me back into an endless loop to connect my remote...even though the screen on the remote says it is connected and the symbol in the sytem tray is showing green. Once I told the CR I was getting the loop, he told me I had to send the remote in to Audiovox Electronics fpr repair.

Mel
post #5 of 7 Old 01-23-2011, 05:46 PM

Got my xSight color setup. But their software interface and CD install is really a pain. would not install period on one of my computers but did on the other 2. You need to make sure that the little EZ RC symbol is present and running in the lower right of the taskbar. Also it only runs on IE not on Firefox and needs to install an Active X control

Now I got mine setup I have it doing everything I want it to

DJ
post #6 of 7 Old 01-24-2011, 07:58 AM - Thread Starter

after a Week i got this response, however I have asked for a replacement unit and thus have not tried it.

try doing a firmware update, and see what happens after that.
To do the firm update, do this:
1. Boot the PC normally
2. Check that the conduit icon is red (right click to check the version) and update if needed
3. Place the remote into boot mode by removing the batteries, hold 2 buttons (POWER & OK) down at the same time for about 10-15 secs.
4. insert the batteries while holding those 2 buttons down (you may need a helper there)
5. The remote will now be in boot mode.
6. Connect to ez-rc
7. download new Firmware

After that, see if you are still having the same issue with uploading or downloading.

You can always call our help line at 1-800-276-0509 (M-F 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM, and Sat 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM Eastern) and your questions will be promptly answered.
Best regards,
Sum
Customer Service
post #7 of 7 Old 01-24-2011, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndisputedOne View Post

after a Week i got this response, however I have asked for a replacement unit and thus have not tried it.

try doing a firmware update, and see what happens after that.
To do the firm update, do this:
1. Boot the PC normally
2. Check that the conduit icon is red (right click to check the version) and update if needed
3. Place the remote into boot mode by removing the batteries, hold 2 buttons (POWER & OK) down at the same time for about 10-15 secs.
4. insert the batteries while holding those 2 buttons down (you may need a helper there)
5. The remote will now be in boot mode.
6. Connect to ez-rc
7. download new Firmware

After that, see if you are still having the same issue with uploading or downloading.

You can always call our help line at 1-800-276-0509 (M-F 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM, and Sat 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM Eastern) and your questions will be promptly answered.
Best regards,
Sum
Customer Service

So why are you complaining if you have not even tried what their tech support asked you to do???

DJ
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page