1Likes

post #121 of 362 Old 11-06-2011, 08:16 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Kuma,

That is amazingly awesome!!!! Thanks for sharing, it is amazing what some of you guys like your self Steve Goff and others with real talent can do with this!! I myself am taking forever trying to create a nice looking interface using a combination of very basic editing skills and all of the wonderful graphics others have shared in the library. I wish more people would share pictures of there work so we could all see!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 362 Old 12-11-2011, 03:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey anyone have any new stuff? I am very interested in some new ideas!
post #123 of 362 Old 12-15-2011, 02:07 PM

New to the forum and new to iRule but here is my 1st work in progress. I am still waiting for the gateway to arrive so haven't done much in the way of coding yet incase I am doing it wrong. Will test and tune once I'm all set up.

This won't be my finished product, but I will definitely be doing something that doesn't resemble the standard layout with devices down the left hand side. I don't have many devices either so I will be able to keep it fairly clean.

post #124 of 362 Old 12-19-2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffneil View Post

Hey anyone have any new stuff? I am very interested in some new ideas!

I finally got around to this last weekend for an iPod Touch. I'm not finished yet, but you get the idea. The graphics are purchased so I can't share them. I had to resize everything in Photoshop Elements anyway.
LL
LL
LL
LL
post #125 of 362 Old 12-19-2011, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auger66 View Post

I finally got around to this last weekend for an iPod Touch. I'm not finished yet, but you get the idea. The graphics are purchased so I can't share them. I had to resize everything in Photoshop Elements anyway.

Nice job on the Tactical UI! Just bought the package myself earlier in week, so you are a couple of days ahead of me.

One question - I am on the road so have not had a chance to play, but did you use the retina or std version of the graphics below? I assume Retina would be sized properly for the iPod/iPhone UI.

Regards, Mark
post #126 of 362 Old 12-19-2011, 06:56 PM

Thats looks really really good! I haven't played with ipod / iphone interfaces but looking at that I need to get on it!
post #127 of 362 Old 12-19-2011, 09:24 PM

Here's my setup. Not so pretty but functional. Activity based with a panel for device control. Keyboard is for htpc input with mce.
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
post #128 of 362 Old 12-19-2011, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetDude View Post

Nice job on the Tactical UI! Just bought the package myself earlier in week, so you are a couple of days ahead of me.

One question - I am on the road so have not had a chance to play, but did you use the retina or std version of the graphics below? I assume Retina would be sized properly for the iPod/iPhone UI.

Retina. Not really.

The transport buttons are way too small. He would probably resize them for you/me; but I was on a mission once I started and didn't want to stop. Pretty much every graphic you see is resized and/or text is added. But I am really pleased with the look of Tactical.
post #129 of 362 Old 12-20-2011, 02:40 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by auger66 View Post

Auger66, whom did you purchase the templates from? Love the layout and color scheme.
post #130 of 362 Old 12-20-2011, 11:33 PM

Here you go. Scroll down to read about Tactical Single Use. I originally read about it on the HomeSeer forum.

http://guijaboard.com/category/gui-news
post #131 of 362 Old 12-31-2011, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mborner View Post

I'm not controlling iTunes with iRule. As far as I know it can't be done. When I press the iTunes button in my UI, it links to a page that explains how to use iTunes. It also changes the input on my receiver. I have full 2-way control of iTunes on my iPad with all of my music streaming to my receiver using Airport Express.

BTW, how did you know I was controlling iTunes with my iPad?

Yes you can control iTunes with iRule. You need to run EventGhost with the iTunes and Broadcaster plugins on the iTunes PC. Setup the PC as a network gateway in iRule and off you go! You would probably need the feedback option to make it useful though, so you can see what's going on.

Actually, using Apples Remote app is probably the better solution for most.

Edit: Using the built in EventGhost webserver, you can actually parse the song info and even art and display in an iRule url object. Thus the basic version of iRule will do. A lot of scripting required in EventGhost just to mimic the basic functionality of the Remote app, but if you want it all seamlessly integrated in iRule, it can certainly be done.
post #132 of 362 Old 01-07-2012, 04:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Don't have a house ... don't have a theatre ... no GC stuff yet ... but it hasn't stopped my from playing with iRule on my new iPad. My aim was to come up with an interface that's dark enough to be used in a total light controlled room with system lock prevented and hopefully it won't be too distracting.

So far I haven't even setup any proper pages, just some images thrown randomly on a couple of pages.

Here they are ...

Happy to share the graphics if anyone is interested.

Cheers,
post #133 of 362 Old 01-14-2012, 08:18 PM
Advanced Member

Hi guys,

thought I would share some of my panels I have been working on. I have started to use J. River Media Center for my audio needs and wanted to show you how I integrated the new Webgizmo as a URL into iRule. It is really nice to be able to browse with album art and control from within iRule as opposed to exiting to use iTunes remote.

DirecTv controls for the Theatre room including some scene presets for my Grafik Eye.

HTPC controls for Theatre room.

Music controls with J.River Webgizmo.

Hope you guys like them, I wish more people would post their setups in here!
post #134 of 362 Old 01-15-2012, 07:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezit73 View Post

Hi guys,

thought I would share some of my panels I have been working on. I have started to use J. River Media Center for my audio needs and wanted to show you how I integrated the new Webgizmo as a URL into iRule. It is really nice to be able to browse with album art and control from within iRule as opposed to exiting to use iTunes remote.

DirecTv controls for the Theatre room including some scene presets for my Grafik Eye.

Love the look. I use j.river also but have webremote embedded in my iRule set up. Yours looks so much better. Is the gizmo interface now available? I use the app on my android phone but would love to update the look in irule. Can you explain more how you've done this?

On a sharing note, anyone know how to take a screen cap in adroid? Specifically a Kindle Fire running stock OS? I'm pretty happy with some of my Kindle layouts and would like to share them.

PSN ID: Seldom_Seen
post #135 of 362 Old 01-15-2012, 10:14 AM
Advanced Member

Seldomseen thanks for the compliments!

It is called webgizmo, it is an update to web remote/webplay and I believe you need the latest version of mc17. It is just a URL link so you can open it in any browser or embed it like I did in irule.

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/WebGizmo

Also in the wiki it says to use the URL: [ip address or machine name]:52199

If you navigate to that URL in a browser such as firefox or chrome you get several options one of which is webremote, click web remote and then on the next page click "click to start" on the next page choose audio, on the next page click the option of how you want your album art to show up in irule, by artist, album, etc.. Now you will see the album art as you want it to look in irule. Copy that URL from your browser and paste it into irule as your URL link and your good to go!
post #136 of 362 Old 01-15-2012, 10:16 AM

Nice screen setup! I use that same directv control from JClam and I like it a lot. I use it even with SageTV. A buddy of mine modified some of the buttons for sage specific stuff so I am happy as a clam (had to use that pun!)

Neil
post #137 of 362 Old 01-16-2012, 06:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:

Seldomseen thanks for the compliments!

It is called webgizmo, it is an update to web remote/webplay and I believe you need the latest version of mc17. It is just a URL link so you can open it in any browser or embed it like I did in irule.

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/WebGizmo

Also in the wiki it says to use the URL: [ip address or machine name]:52199

If you navigate to that URL in a browser such as firefox or chrome you get several options one of which is webremote, click web remote and then on the next page click "click to start" on the next page choose audio, on the next page click the option of how you want your album art to show up in irule, by artist, album, etc.. Now you will see the album art as you want it to look in irule. Copy that URL from your browser and paste it into irule as your URL link and your good to go!

That's great. Looks like version 17.0.64 is required. I'm running the latest non-beta 17.0.62, looks like I'll need to wait a for 64 to release as I don't have a beta password.

I'm using webremote embedded now, so making the change to gizmo should be no big deal. Much nicer appearance. Looking forward to that.

PSN ID: Seldom_Seen
post #138 of 362 Old 01-19-2012, 10:25 AM

Liked: 12
This still has a long way to go. But here is what I have so far.
The landing page. Hit Rebel logo for Living Room, Imperial Logo for Theater.

Then Choose your Function. The volume controls control the living room receiver.

Main TV Panel (MC7)

Xfinity Link Takes you to these:

Music Choice Takes your here:

XBMC

PS3:

360: I've been having some trouble with my hdmi switch switching to the 360 correctly. Only happens like every 3rd time hence the button that ensure the 360 is on and issues the switch command again until I can get it figure out.

Power off all components:
post #139 of 362 Old 01-20-2012, 05:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

IGO2XS and Spartan94 Thanks for the compliments!!

Spartan,

I am not sure if you know this but you can have multiple background layers. The trick is to drag your first background in and change its row/column size in irule to only 1x1, All this does is specify how many rows/columns the image takes up even though the actual image size remains untouched. This way you can drag a second image in and since all but one square is taken up you will be able to place it as well, repeat changing its size to 1x1.

So I found an image of the pioneer AVR and re-sized it in photoshop and then added it as a background layer on my panel. I then setup the feedbacks and dragged them into place over the image of the avr, sized them and choose orange for the colors!!

The preset volumes are just silver buttons dragged into place with labels placed over them.

Hope this helps.

Just found this thread; hope you're still around...
I didn't realize that one could do this. I am having trouble figuring the final step. Once items such as the AVR pic are sized and placed where you want, do you then resize the 1 x 1 images to what you want? I assume at that point the images will overlap such as the main background brushed metal will fill the background?
post #140 of 362 Old 01-20-2012, 08:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Clue View Post

Just found this thread; hope you're still around...
I didn't realize that one could do this. I am having trouble figuring the final step. Once items such as the AVR pic are sized and placed where you want, do you then resize the 1 x 1 images to what you want? I assume at that point the images will overlap such as the main background brushed metal will fill the background?

So to clairfy.....

You use a photo editing program to make each one of your individual images that will make up the background as a whole the correct size.

So lets say you have as in my example one of the default iRule background from the builder, the default inset image from the builder, and a customized picture of the pioneer AVR.

I first re sized the picture of the AVR so on its own it was the size I wanted it to be in iRule then uploaded it to the builder.

Then on my new panel I did the following in order:

1. Make sure in the builder you select "Background" not Foreground or Both.

2. Drag the first image (default iRule background) onto the panel.

3. Click on the image and then under cell width and height change it to 1 x 1

4. Under Row and Column change it to row 1, column 1.

5. Now drag the inset into the builder and repeat step 3.

6. You can now put the inset in any row/column except row 1 column 1.

7. Repeat for the third and subsequent images.

Now you can switch to the foreground or both layers and drag buttons and labels over any part of the "Combined" background.

Hope this helps!
post #141 of 362 Old 01-20-2012, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Thanks! I am looking forward to trying it.
post #142 of 362 Old 01-25-2012, 08:07 PM

Wanted to post here that I've shared an image library that I created. If you like it, let me know and if you need different buttons for certain items of interest, PM me and I'll try to help you out.

The name of the library is saved as the title of this post states.....

John's Industrial Buttons

Enjoy!!!!!!!
post #143 of 362 Old 01-25-2012, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by impmonkey View Post

This still has a long way to go. But here is what I have so far.
The landing page. Hit Rebel logo for Living Room, Imperial Logo for Theater.

Hey impmonkey..... I see you are using android..... how is your connection to equipment????

I find it hard to keep connected sometimes when my tablet is put to sleep and brought back up.

I like the way your layout looks. Could you give me some tips on what you did to control your playstation. I'm trying to figure that portion out. I think I have to buy some kind of adapter that will convert to the Sony Bluetooth protocol.....correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks for any help you can give.
post #144 of 362 Old 01-28-2012, 11:57 PM

This thread offends my eyes!
post #145 of 362 Old 01-29-2012, 04:15 AM - Thread Starter

I'm going out on a limb here but was curious if a generous member would be able to hook me up with some fine photoshop skills?

Since the last time I configured my remote I got rid of my laptop that had photoshop on it so I can no longer add buttons and im in need of 4 iPad source buttons. One set for a Panasonic tv, and the other for a Yamaha receiver. I just want them to show the brand logo, one With the blue light on and one with it off.

If someone is willing to hook me up please pm me I can shoot you my email address, thank you in advance
post #146 of 362 Old 01-29-2012, 07:22 AM

I'll be happy to help you out......
post #147 of 362 Old 01-29-2012, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter

I just saw that you posted a few days ago services to help out those with images :P. I definitely didn't notice that until now but I'm still very appreciative.
post #148 of 362 Old 02-02-2012, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilwheezy75 View Post

I'm going out on a limb here but was curious if a generous member would be able to hook me up with some fine photoshop skills?

Since the last time I configured my remote I got rid of my laptop that had photoshop on it so I can no longer add buttons and im in need of 4 iPad source buttons. One set for a Panasonic tv, and the other for a Yamaha receiver. I just want them to show the brand logo, one With the blue light on and one with it off.

If someone is willing to hook me up please pm me I can shoot you my email address, thank you in advance

Try using gimp. It's free and good enough for what you want to do.
post #149 of 362 Old 02-06-2012, 10:26 AM

here we go, I hope this will give you some ideas...
LL
LL
LL
LL
post #150 of 362 Old 02-08-2012, 06:48 AM

I was wondering if someone could help clean-up some images I tried to create (for lack of a better term!) for my Samsung Smart TV.

I couldn't find anything shared in iRule for it so I took the blank source buttons and added the Smart TV logo to them trying to get the transparency to work (using SnagIt editor).

What is attached is a source button, source on & source off version. I was wondering if someone with actual Photoshop skills might be able to clean up the edges of the transparency and get it to look as clean as the default iRule source buttons... maybe starting fresh is the best option!

source-smarttv.zip 21.306640625k . file
Attached Files
File Type: zip source-smarttv.zip (21.3 KB, 10 views)
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Irule Llc , Irule

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page