IR Extender Problems. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-13-2011, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I have two IR extender systems that are both malfunctioning in my system. I only use one of them but I tried both and they both act the same. These are the non-pro kind you buy at Fry's, RCA and Recoton. They have a receiver and a transmitter where the receiver outputs the signals from the transmitter over 2.5mm plug/wire to the individual components. For some reason the receiver seems to emit a constant signal that is preventing any remote control action from executing. I can stand in front of the equipment rack and when the extender system is on a direct aimed remote control action is not accepted by any of the units. If I power down the extender system the remotes work immediately. I've seen this before but can't remember what is actually happening and how to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-14-2011, 05:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have had similar problems when system is near a compact florescent light bulb or light off a plasma display. Had to relocate or shade system to work properly. Ended up moving to RF system to simplify. Good luck.
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page