iRule - RS-232 :: Samsung D8000 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 04-20-2011, 02:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

Anyone knows if is possible control de Samsung D8000 ( http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/samsu...0110108982.htm ) by RS-232 or another protocol?

I want avoid the iRda because isn't reliability.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-16-2012, 11:31 PM

did you find any solution to controlling Samsung D8000 without using IR? IF so do you have the solution and commands?
post #3 of 6 Old 06-17-2012, 03:24 PM

Liked: 11
yep! trade it or sell it for a es8000 with voice control! It controls power on/off channel up/down/volume up/down and smarthub controls!smile.gif I had the same question and now problem solved.

I do not condone what i do, but i will not deny myself the pleasure!
post #4 of 6 Old 06-17-2012, 10:39 PM

Liked: 11
The Samsung D8000 is controlable from IP. Samsung has it's own app. Only problem is that IP control cannot turn the TV on.
post #5 of 6 Old 10-26-2012, 06:56 AM

IP cant turn it on but serial command could turn it on from the info i found below. So couldn't you use iRule with a serial adapter to turn the tv on then you would need the rest of the ip controls for everything else? Does anyone have these commands and will this work? Again i take no credit for the below information i found it on the web a while ago and pasted it into a word document so i could reference the code later unfortunately i don't remember the original author.
Quote:
How to switch the TV on.
As many have discovered there is no way to turn on most of the Sammy TVs using IP (their own iPhone app can't do it!). However, you can turn on many of them using a serial command via the ex-link port. There is a lot of chat about having to switch on Hotel Mode via the extended menus but that certainly wasn't necessary on my C8000. You can buy a Serial to 3.5mm cable with the correct pin-outs from Amazon. I actually have a custom 3.5mm to RJ45 cable at the TV end, then a standard CAT5 run to the wiring closet and a RJ45 to Serial cable at the HS server end. Thanks again drule for the custom cables

The correct serial string is: 0x08 0x22 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x02 0xd4 I am sending this using the same universal IP/Serial plugin that I mentioned above. There are several more basic serial commands posted on various forums, but I am only using the Power On, preferring to use the much wider range of controls available over IP.
post #6 of 6 Old 10-26-2012, 08:01 AM

IP cant turn it on but serial command could turn it on from the info i found below. So couldn't you use iRule with a serial adapter to turn the tv on then you would need the rest of the ip controls for everything else? Does anyone have these commands and will this work? Again i take no credit for the below information i found it on the web a while ago and pasted it into a word document so i could reference the code later unfortunately i don't remember the original author.
Quote:
How to switch the TV on.
As many have discovered there is no way to turn on most of the Sammy TVs using IP (their own iPhone app can't do it!). However, you can turn on many of them using a serial command via the ex-link port. There is a lot of chat about having to switch on Hotel Mode via the extended menus but that certainly wasn't necessary on my C8000. You can buy a Serial to 3.5mm cable with the correct pin-outs from Amazon. I actually have a custom 3.5mm to RJ45 cable at the TV end, then a standard CAT5 run to the wiring closet and a RJ45 to Serial cable at the HS server end. Thanks again drule for the custom cables

The correct serial string is: 0x08 0x22 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x02 0xd4 I am sending this using the same universal IP/Serial plugin that I mentioned above. There are several more basic serial commands posted on various forums, but I am only using the Power On, preferring to use the much wider range of controls available over IP.
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page