lots of questions below. i appreciate all the help.
im looking to switch from a harmony one and move towards an irule setup.
i run an xbmc set up and will be recessing my new display on the wall. so i will have only one chance to run cable. right now i will be running 2x hdmi, optical, network, antenna and it seems IR emitter.
ive been doing global cache and i rule research and still have some questions. i apologize in advance if somethings been discussed and i missed it.
i have 6 devices right now to be controlled via IR (tv, receiver, xbmc pc, xbox 360, blu ray, dtv)
all items will be network hardwired.
thanks in advance!
1) which GC product is best for me itach ip2ir or gc-100-6. i think the 100-6 has features i dont need or really understand what they do.
2) each has 3 IR ports, its my understanding that I can run 6 or 12 devices off 3 IR ports as long as i have multiple emitters. is there anything special that needs to be done? or is it as simple as buying 2/3/4 head IR emitters? for some reason on amazon i can only find 3 and 6 head emitters.
2a) will there be any interference issues?
3) whats the significance of mono or stereo plugs and how do i know what i need?
4) are all IR emitters more or less that same? i will need to get a longer cable to run to the display. can i separate the cables apart if i need one to go to the tv and another to go another source? it looks like i can.
5) ive read about running IR to RF dongles or adapters and I assume this takes up one of the IR ports. what kind of range is on the RF? im sort of interested in the idea of light control through my ipad at a later date.
6) why does one use a blaster vs an emitter eye? i remember my tivo had those 2 arms (blaster i think) but i never knew why.
moral of the story is id like to use one of the 3 port IR solutions but if its necessary i would buy one of the more expensive ones.
i see potentially running 2x 4 eye IR and 1x RF if possible.
most of the time i will be within xbmc. currently i run the harmony one and have it mimic an MCE keyboard and run a lot of keyboard shortcuts to control xbmc.
i assume thats how it would most likely work with irule?
is there any integration between the xbmc remotes and irule? or if i wanted that stuff i would have to switch apps?
thanks again for all the help!!!!!