trouble adding cd jukebox - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 05-07-2011, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 48
bought a Sony 300 disc player w/o remote. The exact model is CDR CX 691. Tried a few times to put it into remote but, the commands won't turn it on. Should I continue trying to install it? Every activity went in smoothly so far since I had remote, AVR, cd player, PS3, watch tv, listen to cds.. Can't figure out why I am having trouble with the cd player..Great remote, does everything,dims lights also..thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-07-2011, 03:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman48 View Post

bought a Sony 300 disc player w/o remote. The exact model is CDR CX 691. Tried a few times to put it into remote but, the commands won't turn it on. Should I continue trying to install it? Every activity went in smoothly so far since I had remote, AVR, cd player, PS3, watch tv, listen to cds.. Can't figure out why I am having trouble with the cd player..Great remote, does everything,dims lights also..thanks in advance.

What remote are you using? You might want to add that to your message, or leave a message on the thread for that remote, if there is one.

Steve Goff
post #3 of 8 Old 05-07-2011, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Sorry Steve, its the Harmony 1000 remote, works perfect but can't seem to get it to accept the Sony Jukebox cd player.. any ideas? thanks for reply

post #4 of 8 Old 05-07-2011, 08:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Did you try the commands with jukebox on? Or are you waiting for the power key to turn it on?
post #5 of 8 Old 05-08-2011, 08:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Edmund: My previous jukebox was a JVC which was controlled flawlessly by the Harmony 1000. I read in the manual for the 300, 333ES and 691, (same manual for all 3), that only the 300 and 333ES has remotes included.. Maybe this unit doesn't have a remote to control it? That might be the only reason why the Harmony can't control it. Harmony only turns on AVR to Jukebox, nothing else..thanks for help..

post #6 of 8 Old 05-10-2011, 06:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Does the CD Player have a switch on the back for 3 different remote positions? Some of the Sony players have a feature where you can control 3 similar units with one remote and it has a position switch on the unit as well as the remote.

post #7 of 8 Old 05-11-2011, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Murph: Yes it does, its called the command mode. With supplied remote, you can control 2 other players by setting their switches to 2 and 3, but the manual only says the supplied remote is for the 300 and 333ES model..Which makes me understand that this model does not have a remote to control it. DId a search for it, no results..thanks for reply..

post #8 of 8 Old 05-14-2011, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Murph: update on Harmony problem.. As a last resort, I checked the back and the switch was in the #2 position. I tried right away to power it up from Harmony and it worked. I shut it off then pushed Activity button for "Jukebox" and both the AVR and Sony powered up flawlessly.. All buttons work on the remote such as stop, advance, next disc etc. Many thanks for the tip..matt

Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page