How to program left/right button on Comcast DVR remote - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 05-12-2011, 08:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have tried to search this forum before posting, and I think I found a partial solution, but I need some clarification.

I have a Comcast remote with the red OK button, attempting to control a Mitsubishi WD-60735 DLP.

I am currently able to control most functions of the TV with the Comcast remote. When I try to change the source to the DVD player, the source menu appears, but I am not able to use the left/right directional buttons to actually change the source. The control remains on the cable box instead of switching over to TV control.

I have read the following thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1215270
and I believe this is similar to my problem, but I need to reprogram the left/right buttons as well as the OK/Enter.

Can anyone give me step-by-step instructions on how to do this? I can provide any more information if necessary.

Also, I attempted some of the solutions in that thread and may have deactivated some of the buttons functionality. Is there any way to reset the remote control before I attempt any new solutions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-12-2011, 09:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 553 Post(s)
Liked: 429
You can try these following the manual programming instructions for advanced codes at the JP1 Wiki site in my sig:

Up 00169
Down 00041
Left 00200
Right 00072
ENTER 00152

If those don't work, please post the TV setup code you're currently using so we can give you better advice. If you don't know, just do a code blink back as described in the wiki instructions.

Any reset you do will wipe out the remaining functionality you have, so I don't recommend it.

I see you're new to the forums, but cross-posting is a no-no (posting the same question in several threads). It would be nice if you deleted all your duplicate posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 05-12-2011, 11:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

You can try these following the manual programming instructions for advanced codes at the JP1 Wiki site in my sig:

Up 00169
Down 00041
Left 00200
Right 00072
ENTER 00152

If those don't work, please post the TV setup code you're currently using so we can give you better advice. If you don't know, just do a code blink back as described in the wiki instructions.

Any reset you do will wipe out the remaining functionality you have, so I don't recommend it.

I see you're new to the forums, but cross-posting is a no-no (posting the same question in several threads). It would be nice if you deleted all your duplicate posts.

If you mean the 4-digit code used to program the remote to the TV, it's 0150.

Also, wanted to say thank you for letting me know about duplicate posts. How do I go about deleting my other posts on this subject?

UPDATE: Never mind, I figured it out thanks (how to delete posts, that is).
post #4 of 7 Old 05-13-2011, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you, mdavej.

Your posted solution worked perfectly. Thank you for the quick reply and great solution. This is a very good reference site.
post #5 of 7 Old 05-17-2011, 07:28 AM

I kno this thread is slightly old but I think my problem is similar to this one.

These codes will program the ARROW buttons (not volume, channel or page) right? Also, when I program them under the TV device key, will I lose the Directional function while under the Cable device key?
post #6 of 7 Old 05-17-2011, 08:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 553 Post(s)
Liked: 429
Whatever buttons and device mode you assign them in is how they will work. So assigning TV Up will have no effect on other buttons in other modes. Also the posted codes are specific to the subject TV model and setup code. You'll need different codes for a different TV.
post #7 of 7 Old 05-17-2011, 08:47 AM

thank you
Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page