Vizio PDP sometimes doesn't power ON using Harmony Logitech Remote - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-01-2011, 10:26 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I tried to check where I could adjust something in the Logitech software but am not seeing anything that would affect it that wouldn't adversely affect other settings. I also did some searches but didn't find anything specific to my question. How can I make it so this particular TV powers on first time every time? If I hit 'help' and then go to the option where it asks if the TV is on and say no it gets it right every time. Doesn't seem to make any adjustments for the next time though. It doesn't do it every time and it's only probably about 20% of the time or so.

Any tips for me to correct his behavior? I have similar issues with power OFF a projector in the basement (same model remote in three rooms) so perhaps I can use this gained info to correct that problem too. I have an older Maxent PDP int he bedroom that performs perfectly on both power on and off for years so I'm not sure why these two devices have issues only on power. If I change the order of the power (move the TV from first to second after the receiver) will this help or no? In other words, is it a wakeup issue with the remote itself or just something in the way it communicates with the actual device?

Thanks for the help!

Jer

'Build a man a fire and he stays warm for one night. Set a man afire and he stays warm for the rest of his life.'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-02-2011, 08:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Jer

'Build a man a fire and he stays warm for one night. Set a man afire and he stays warm for the rest of his life.'
post #3 of 4 Old 06-03-2011, 04:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Are you pointing the remote at the TV during the entire time the activity is starting?

Do you have line-of-sight to the TV's IR receiver?

Another option that I used with my Xbox 360 not wanting to start every time is to just add an extra Power On command to the activity. As long as you are using a discrete On or Off and not a Power Toggle it shouldn't cause any problems. There is a setting where you can add additional commands in the activity's setup.

post #4 of 4 Old 06-03-2011, 03:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj View Post

Are you pointing the remote at the TV during the entire time the activity is starting?

Do you have line-of-sight to the TV's IR receiver?

Yeah, straight line of sight at the same level (usually standing as I power everything up) and distance is only about 3-4' and I've established the remote will work at much more extreme angles and much further distances so I don't think it's a physical issue. Also tried new batteries many times and still it doesn't seem to affect the frequency of the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj View Post

Another option that I used with my Xbox 360 not wanting to start every time is to just add an extra Power On command to the activity. As long as you are using a discrete On or Off and not a Power Toggle it shouldn't cause any problems. There is a setting where you can add additional commands in the activity's setup.

Now this is something I didn't think about and will add a discrete power on and discrete power off to my TV and projector remotes and see if that solves it. In theory it should and I didn't even think about doubling up the discrete commands. I'll give it a try. Thanks!

Jer

Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page