Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Goff View Post

Here is a button you can drag off the page and use in iRule:

EDIT: Here are ones on my brass and walnut burl buttons:

I've saved these two to my libraries.

Thanks! Awesome!

I hate to do this but do u have one for "the Hub"? IT only has to be transparent logo. i can take it from there. . .

thanks Steve,

jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 10266 Old 01-08-2011, 11:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I can control xbmc from the xbmc remote inside the app store and from the airmouse app as well so im fairly certain the port is good. Just using port 80.

Inside the Builder should I be using the device called xbmc http or xbmc light?
post #273 of 10266 Old 01-08-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:

I'd make sure that XBMC is set up to communicate via the network on the port you are using, and that you are using an HTTP gateway for XBMC Lite.

Figured it out, didn't realize that the name for the gateway configuration was the USERNAME.

Thanks for the assistance
post #274 of 10266 Old 01-08-2011, 03:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimim View Post

Thanks! Awesome!

I hate to do this but do u have one for "the Hub"? IT only has to be transparent logo. i can take it from there. . .

thanks Steve,

jim

Sure, but what is the Hub?

EDIT: Is this what you are looking for?

Steve Goff
post #275 of 10266 Old 01-08-2011, 04:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:

Ya I never heard of it before I found a new transformers series that is on it and now I never remembercwhat channel it is! Lol

U rock!

Jimi
post #276 of 10266 Old 01-08-2011, 05:42 PM

I'm having problems with Entrances. They only seem to execute the first command in the sequence. I've tried inserting delays, but to no avail. I've tried shifting the order, and the new first command executes...so seems to prove my theory.

Anyone know what to do to fix this problem?
post #277 of 10266 Old 01-08-2011, 06:03 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:

Steve,

I am looking for the Comcast TV Channel image for CNN (Comcast Channel 234), and Comcast Sportnet HD (Comcast Channel 252). Can you create some buttons for these channels. I am using the default theme (black background)...
post #278 of 10266 Old 01-08-2011, 06:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pglover19 View Post

Steve,

I am looking for the Comcast TV Channel image for CNN (Comcast Channel 234), and Comcast Sportnet HD (Comcast Channel 252). Can you create some buttons for these channels. I am using the default theme (black background)...

Odd that they are not in the default image library. Here is CNN and a first take on CSN:

I'm going to work on them more later when I have time, so expect something better later. I have to stop now, though.

Steve Goff
post #279 of 10266 Old 01-08-2011, 11:00 PM

I am trying to connect my Global Cache ITACH Serial to my B&K components avr507 through the serial port and it will not respond to programmed buttons. I can see the lights working on the ITACH, but commands are not operating the B&K. Here is what I have done. What am I missing?

1. ITach plugged into router and visible on the network.
2. programmed a simple screen, added the B&K receiver device, created a volume button and dropped the corresponding command from the database onto the screen. Button shows programmed, but I cannot see a code set on the button. If I select the button on the left side menu in irulebuilder (panels area), the properties of the button says Volume Down with Type - Database Code. I do not see any hex or global cache codes listed. I assume the database code is known and will convert to appropriate Hex / serial command?
3. Synched the screen to my Ipad. I have the gateway and devices programmed as well.
4. Press the buttons and they show communication on the IPAD screen. The lights on the global cache light up for data receive and send on the ethernet as well as the light next to the serial port.
5. NO Change to volume on the unit?

I have already checked the cables and the serial conversion and can directly connect and control my AVR507 from my laptop.

What am I missing. Assistance is greatly appreciated.

regards,
DK
post #280 of 10266 Old 01-09-2011, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizell View Post

JBB122
Incidentally, I have a Yamaha 667 with my client and have been using the file I downloaded from the iRule Device files. Someone has cataloged them nicely by year, so I grabbed the 2011 version. Be sure to grab both the MAIN ZONE and the ZONE 2 files so you can control of both zones. So far I've had zero problems and I'm controlling it using a standard stereo mini-plug straight from the iTach to the IR in on the Yamaha. The only code that was missing was the 10+ so I learned that and threw it in.

Excellent! Thanks for letting me know. Did you figure out if the 667 supported "VOLUME MEMORY" and recall certain volume settings or how do you increase/decrease volume quickly since the 0.5 dB for each press is quite slow.
post #281 of 10266 Old 01-09-2011, 06:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Dkolchins, AFAIK Database codes are IR Codes. They are not serial (RS232) codes. They are the codes supplied by iRule from a database of IR codes that they license from a third party. Serial (RS232 codes) have to be developed on your own or found if they exist.

I have quite a bit of duocumentation on the B&K RS232 system which they call BKC-DIP including codes, message layout and format. I have one of their series 5 preamps that I used over RS232 for whole house audio. If you drop me an email, my name is barry and my domain is the-gordons.net, so my email is the obvious, I will send the info to you.

Be warned if you have no experience programming serial communications it can be a bit daunting.

The program on my Web site TCPIP Explorer, while not specificaly built to do serial communications, can be used to drive an iTach via TCP to see how it operates in serial mode and send commands to it to see how the B&K device responds. Unfortunately I don't have an iTach with a serial port to test with.

I do however have a device that is similar to the itach for serial comms, and have been meaning to try it out so if I get some time on Monday I will see what I can do. It is much cheaper than an itach and does tcp-serial on a single port.
post #282 of 10266 Old 01-09-2011, 08:24 AM

I finally completed my iRule panels and have everything setup -- this replaced a first generation Pronto. While I find the iRule system more flexible, I miss the simplicity of a single hardware/panel device.

I have one issue and one question:

1. All of my devices (sans my TiVo) are controlled via an iTech -- it works GREAT! I opted to control my TiVo natively via IP; because of this method, I'm having a gateway issue about 25-50% of the time -- especially if I navigate away from iRule on my iPad and then return... In short, iRule needs to reconnect to the gateway, which takes anywhere from 3-10 seconds. FAR too long for my wife, who's used to instant access when needing to satisfy 2 year-old triplet TV watching habits :-)

I'm thinking of picking up a duel emitter for my iTech (all three ports are taken at the moment), but wanted to see if there's something else I might tweak with the native TCP/IP access to the TiVo to aliviate the gateway reconnect issue (the iTech does not do this).

2. Now that my iPad landscape solution is set, I'm going to create portrait and iPhone/iTouch versions. Can anyone share tips on how to handle this -- my initial research seems to indicate that I'll need to recreate the button layout, macros and codes from scratch :-) Any update on a copy or duplicate function within iRule to move from landscape to portrait or from iPad to iPhone?

TIA
post #283 of 10266 Old 01-09-2011, 09:12 AM

Quote:

Please do.. I am trying to get this thing working this weekend.. I have PMed you my email address. It must be the HEX CODES in the iRULE Builder database. Please send me all your configuration information from iRule and the Global Cache unit... This is really strange and has been bugging me for the last several days.. I am waiting for your response...

I finally figured out how to control the Emotiva UMC-1 using iRULE. The configuration of the Global Cache device as well as the configuration in the iRule Builder was correct. The IR HEX Codes in the iRULE database for the Emotive UMC-1 (Milled Remote) is working correctly now.. So, on to the solution. I had to turn the power off on the UMC-1 device by flipping the power button located on the back of the unit. I waited for 2 minutes and then flipped the power button on the back to the on position. Now everything is working flawlessly. I found this solution on the EmotivaLounge website.

In addition, rather than putting the IR emitter on the front the UMC-1 device, I am using the IR input on the back of the UMC-1 device. The IR Input uses a 3.5mm stereo jack and will accept the IR input from any IR repeater. So, you don't have to put an IR emitter on the front panel of the UMC-1 device.

Happy iRULE customer right now....
post #284 of 10266 Old 01-09-2011, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbbullock View Post

I'm having problems with Entrances. They only seem to execute the first command in the sequence. I've tried inserting delays, but to no avail. I've tried shifting the order, and the new first command executes...so seems to prove my theory.

Anyone know what to do to fix this problem?

Try 0.5 seconds delay instead of the default 0.2.

Cheers
post #285 of 10266 Old 01-09-2011, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassioac View Post

Try 0.5 seconds delay instead of the default 0.2.

Cheers

Thanks for the advice! It worked perfectly with this modification!!
post #286 of 10266 Old 01-09-2011, 10:02 AM

I have an old DirecTV Tivo unit (Sony model SAT-T60) and have not yet found a code set that works with it.

Anyone know which iRule device code set I should use?
post #287 of 10266 Old 01-09-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbbullock View Post

Thanks for the advice! It worked perfectly with this modification!!

On a related note, how are folks using entrance commands versus macros (command lists assigned to a button or link). Is there also a way to create alias buttons--buttons that point to other buttons or macros. As I've set this up now, I need to touch the same code lists on many pages (instead of changing it once).
post #288 of 10266 Old 01-09-2011, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd_cooke View Post

2. Now that my iPad landscape solution is set, I'm going to create portrait and iPhone/iTouch versions. Can anyone share tips on how to handle this -- my initial research seems to indicate that I'll need to recreate the button layout, macros and codes from scratch :-) Any update on a copy or duplicate function within iRule to move from landscape to portrait or from iPad to iPhone?

TIA

Unfortunately you are correct. It is manual. I did not bother with portrait on the iPad and landscape on the iPod for that reason.
post #289 of 10266 Old 01-09-2011, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Odd that they are not in the default image library. Here is CNN and a first take on CSN:

I'm going to work on them more later when I have time, so expect something better later. I have to stop now, though.

As promised, here is a btter version of the CSN button:

I couldn't find a usable version of the HD logo, but I'll keep looking.
EDIT: Here is an HD version:

Steve Goff
post #290 of 10266 Old 01-09-2011, 12:52 PM

Hello,
I purchased an iRule Builder account a few months back. I have been unable to sync my iPod touch app (v1.71) with the iRule Builder today--I get a "Wrong user credentials" error message soon after I attempt to sync. I can log into the iRule Builder online without issue. I have reinstalled the iPod app and have verified multiple times that I am entering the correct google.com password.
The only distractor is that I recently changed my google.com password.
I would appreciate anyone's ideas for a solution.
Thank you,
Craig
post #291 of 10266 Old 01-09-2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:

Please do.. I am trying to get this thing working this weekend.. I have PMed you my email address. It must be the HEX CODES in the iRULE Builder database. Please send me all your configuration information from iRule and the Global Cache unit... This is really strange and has been bugging me for the last several days.. I am waiting for your response...

Quote:

As promised, here is a btter version of the CSN button:

I couldn't find a usable version of the HD logo, but I'll keep looking.
EDIT: Here is an HD version:

Thank you so much Steve.. You rock!!!
post #292 of 10266 Old 01-09-2011, 01:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 252
How would you toggle a relay on the GC100. It seems it wants a separate button to turn on the relay and turn off. I just want to close and open the relay for about 200ms with a single button push. Ideally you would need to specify a pulse period as well although 200ms would be pretty generic for most applications.

Any ideas?

TIA

Glimmie's HT Page
Being redone - comming soon!

post #293 of 10266 Old 01-09-2011, 02:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
When I see the beautiful work people like Steve do, I am getting 'button-envy'. I would also like to create a few buttons of my own. From what I have heard the best software for this would be Photoshop, but it is rather pricey and probably way more complex than it needed to be for this kind of work. I was wondering if there were less expensive and/or complex options out there, that would still do the trick. I played with Gimp, but was not too thrilled.

TIA!
____
Axel

post #294 of 10266 Old 01-09-2011, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post

When I see the beautiful work people like Steve do, I am getting 'button-envy'. I would also like to create a few buttons of my own. From what I have heard the best software for this would be Photoshop, but it is rather pricey and probably way more complex than it needed to be for this kind of work. I was wondering if there were less expensive and/or complex options out there, that would still do the trick. I played with Gimp, but was not too thrilled.

TIA!
____
Axel

Check out paint.net (http://www.getpaint.net/). Not as feature rich as Photoshop, but will do the trick for creating overlays and transparent png files.
post #295 of 10266 Old 01-09-2011, 02:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Glimmie,

The GC devices do not allow for a relay toggle. AFAIK, the iRule system does not allow for a TCPIP command (turn the relay On) followed by a programmable delay (the On Time), followed by another command (turn the relay off) which would do what you want.

Other devices do. I have been very successful with RS232/relay driver boards from weeder tech. They run about $60 and could be fed from an iTach and daisy chained.

There are many relay boards that are ethernet controlled but they are expensive.
post #296 of 10266 Old 01-09-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeldomSeen31 View Post

I was able to create a new device, get my ip2sl hooked up to the tv and got it all up and running. Thanks for your help.

Hi SeldomSeen31, Thanks for your work with RS232 and LG. I have not brokken the code until you showed me your progress. Now I have just set up my iTouch to control my LG SL8500 with RS232 Codes. At last. In my search i have found the following LG home page, that describes their RS232 codes. It is as follows:
http://www.lgrs232.com/ It contains a program that makes it possible to control and test the codes from your pc.
I had to change the baud rate in my itack devise to 9600 before it worked. Did you also do that or did you just use the default 19200 baud rate?
Strange enough my codes for on and off are oppisite of what it sayes in the manual.
My POWER ON is = ka 00 01\\x0d
Power OFF is= ka 00 00\\x0d
I decided to use two caracters but I dont really think it matters.
But again Thanks for your inspiration.
BRDGS,
Jacob
post #297 of 10266 Old 01-09-2011, 03:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd_cooke View Post

Check out paint.net (http://www.getpaint.net/). Not as feature rich as Photoshop, but will do the trick for creating overlays and transparent png files.

Will do. Thanks for the tip!
____
Axel

post #298 of 10266 Old 01-09-2011, 03:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrygordon View Post

Glimmie,

The GC devices do not allow for a relay toggle. AFAIK, the iRule system does not allow for a TCPIP command (turn the relay On) followed by a programmable delay (the On Time), followed by another command (turn the relay off) which would do what you want.

Other devices do. I have been very successful with RS232/relay driver boards from weeder tech. They run about $60 and could be fed from an iTach and daisy chained.

There are many relay boards that are ethernet controlled but they are expensive.

Hmmm, I can build a board with RS232 or even TCP/IP with a WEB server on chip. ATmel makes several embedded WEB server devices.

This is part of a project to remote the 20x2 LCD display on my Lexicon DC1 processor under my screen so I have some visual feedback. OSD no good because it's only composite video. The DC1 internal display is a standard 20x2 LCD format and I can parallel another VFD display with it - I already tested this. So I need to:

1) Buffer the DC1 data buss to the outside world.
2) Go thru an FPGA in a small box to allow putting the display to sleep and controlling the brightness by injecting commands to the slave display while the DC1 LCD address is quiet.
3) Come up with a way to drive a 60 foot cable, probably just TTL but may need RS422 per bit, 11 total.
4) The relay is needed to remotely turn the screen display on and off.

-or-

build a box that takes the DC1 composite menu video, uprezzes it to 1080P. Then keys it over the projector feed. Problem: Damn HDCP and access to HDMI parts.

Crazy huh?

Glimmie's HT Page

post #299 of 10266 Old 01-09-2011, 03:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glimmie View Post

How would you toggle a relay on the GC100. It seems it wants a separate button to turn on the relay and turn off. I just want to close and open the relay for about 200ms with a single button push. Ideally you would need to specify a pulse period as well although 200ms would be pretty generic for most applications.

Since you have commands to set the state to ON or OFF, why can't you just attach both commands to the same button in iRule with a delay in between?

And feedback in iRule is coming (soon I think), so if your Lexicon can supply all the info over RS232 you will be able to see it on your iPhone.
post #300 of 10266 Old 01-09-2011, 03:27 PM
AVS Special Member

I am trying to get my hands around the menuing structure of I-Rule. In the sample page what does the Activity page do? It seems redundant and deleting it seems to do no harm?

Glimmie's HT Page

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr 3311ci Receiver , Sharp Aquos , Lcd Hdtv , Receivers Amplifiers , Philips Pronto Tsu7000 The Intelligent Remote Control For Home Theater
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page