Forum Jump: 

post #5041 of 9940 Old 10-15-2011, 06:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zellarman View Post

Thanks, I'd have done the same myself if I knew how. Other companies that support their OWN forums often have a 'product feature request' category where users can make often valuable input. I'd also suggest

being able to move device codes and feedbacks up and down like we can do with pages within panels

Being able to copy device codes and feedbacks, making adding similar ones much easier and faster

Being able to copy 'blocks' of buttons from one page to another

I know there's others, but they're just not coming to me right now

Funny that you say that. In the beta builder, you can move device codes up and down (enhancement request submitted by me).

Ability to copy/paste feedback is already a request ticket.

One thing that may help people with figuring out which device code is IR, RS232 or IP, there is now going to be a column that tells you which device code type it is.

Being able to copy blocks of buttons (to move several at a time up or down in my case), is already requested also. It is pretty complicated, from what I can tell.

I believe the forum is located here: http://www.irulecommunity.com/

The more people use the richer it becomes. So lets get started!

Alex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5042 of 9940 Old 10-15-2011, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by osupike99 View Post

As for apps being able to be launched from within an app, please try to launch Sonos app from DemoPad and see what happens. It is up to the app developer(not DemoPad or iRule) whether to allow itself being launched from another app.

i thought demopad was able to launch apps within its app. is this not possible after all?

post #5043 of 9940 Old 10-15-2011, 10:28 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony A. View Post

i thought demopad was able to launch apps within its app. is this not possible after all?

The Sonos app cannot be launched from within Demopad. Demopad is capable of launching certain IOS apps, like Remote and Safari. See Demopad's web site for a complete list of IOS apps that Demopad is able to launch from within the app.
post #5044 of 9940 Old 10-15-2011, 01:58 PM

Question for those of you using iRule to control the home theater. I'm trying to make the transition from my Harmony 1100 to an iPad I picked up.

I'm attempting to make it "activity" based, sort of like the Harmony, but I'm not finding a way to intelligently turn off a device when I switch to another activity/panel.

For example, if I try and use an entrance on a panel to watch TV, which powers on my DVR, receiver, and sets the video input. If I then tap Bluray, and use an entrance to power on the bluray player, and switch the input on the AVR, how do I know to turn off the DVR? Better yet, how do I know NOT to toggle the power on the AVR since it's already on?

Am I just going about setting this up the wrong way, and I really need to make use of individual power buttons on each panel? I was expecting a bit more automation capability, so I hope I'm just missing something!

I'd love to hear how everyone else is handling this type of thing.

Thanks!
post #5045 of 9940 Old 10-15-2011, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XARiUS View Post

Question for those of you using iRule to control the home theater. I'm trying to make the transition from my Harmony 1100 to an iPad I picked up.

I'm attempting to make it "activity" based, sort of like the Harmony, but I'm not finding a way to intelligently turn off a device when I switch to another activity/panel.

For example, if I try and use an entrance on a panel to watch TV, which powers on my DVR, receiver, and sets the video input. If I then tap Bluray, and use an entrance to power on the bluray player, and switch the input on the AVR, how do I know to turn off the DVR? Better yet, how do I know NOT to toggle the power on the AVR since it's already on?

Am I just going about setting this up the wrong way, and I really need to make use of individual power buttons on each panel? I was expecting a bit more automation capability, so I hope I'm just missing something!

Thanks!

As part of an entrance you can set up your macros to turn on necessary devices, turn off unnecessary devices, switch inputs and such.

Alex
post #5046 of 9940 Old 10-15-2011, 02:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thanks!

Instead of using entrances use activity buttons, in irule make these buttons "links". Example my home page has an activity button/link for tv and a button/link for music. The commands for device actions are attached to these links. So when you choose music for example it has commands that turn on the avr switch the input and set the sound settings as well as a power off command for every device I don't need for music such as the tv the directv the blu ray player etc... When you press the tv link it turns on the tv the avr switches the input etc... As well as having off commands for everything not on while watching tv... So as you can see if I was watching tv and press the music activity it will send commands to turn off the tv and directv receiver. The buttons being links will take you to the proper control page and that page I have a home button so when you are done and want to change activities you press that and it takes me to the activity page. It really helps if your devices have discreet codes especially for power on and off so as in the activity switch example I gave the avr is already on for the tv when it receives the on command for music it does nothing as it is already on. If you only have toggle codes it would make this very challenging. Also on the activity page is where I have a power button where when you are done with everything it has a power off all button that sends an off code to everything.
post #5047 of 9940 Old 10-15-2011, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezit73 View Post

Instead of using entrances use activity buttons, in irule make these buttons "links". Example my home page has an activity button/link for tv and a button/link for music. The commands for device actions are attached to these links. So when you choose music for example it has commands that turn on the avr switch the input and set the sound settings as well as a power off command for every device I don't need for music such as the tv the directv the blu ray player etc... When you press the tv link it turns on the tv the avr switches the input etc... As well as having off commands for everything not on while watching tv... So as you can see if I was watching tv and press the music activity it will send commands to turn off the tv and directv receiver. The buttons being links will take you to the proper control page and that page I have a home button so when you are done and want to change activities you press that and it takes me to the activity page. It really helps if your devices have discreet codes especially for power on and off so as in the activity switch example I gave the avr is already on for the tv when it receives the on command for music it does nothing as it is already on. If you only have toggle codes it would make this very challenging. Also on the activity page is where I have a power button where when you are done with everything it has a power off all button that sends an off code to everything.

Interesting. I worked based off the example panels which have the "activity" buttons listed down the side as "links". I just assumed entrances to the page they link to was the easiest way since you could edit the entrances, but apparently had to delete the button/link and re-create it if you decided to make changes, as I couldn't find a way to edit the commands once I had dropped them onto the button.

Thanks very much for the feedback. I'll check on the discreet codes and see if I can't get everything working that way, instead of the toggle route.
post #5048 of 9940 Old 10-16-2011, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogger View Post

Different how? No one seems to be using pins 6,7,8,9. Seems it's 2,3,5 for Onkyo. 1,2,3,5 for Marantz. Did you just swap pin 2&3 and add 1 for example? Could you give the pins for the 1,2,3,5 on your devices?

I can get you those pin outs but I have no idea if they work. I am only using pins 2-3-5 for TX and RX and Ground.

Thanks,

Neil
post #5049 of 9940 Old 10-16-2011, 09:04 AM

Quote:

Interesting. I worked based off the example panels which have the "activity" buttons listed down the side as "links". I just assumed entrances to the page they link to was the easiest way since you could edit the entrances, but apparently had to delete the button/link and re-create it if you decided to make changes, as I couldn't find a way to edit the commands once I had dropped them onto the button.

Thanks very much for the feedback. I'll check on the discreet codes and see if I can't get everything working that way, instead of the toggle route.

So, when you get feedback working from a network controlled receiver, and you actually see stuff change on the screen as you push buttons, is it normal to jump up and down yelling, thinking this is the coolest !@#$ ever?? K, very off topic. Backing out of thread now. *addicted*
post #5050 of 9940 Old 10-16-2011, 09:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

So, when you get feedback working from a network controlled receiver, and you actually see stuff change on the screen as you push buttons, is it normal to jump up and down yelling, thinking this is the coolest !@#$ ever?? K, very off topic. Backing out of thread now. *addicted*

Yes you are fine....do not seek therapy!
post #5051 of 9940 Old 10-16-2011, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by heffneil View Post

I can get you those pin outs but I have no idea if they work. I am only using pins 2-3-5 for TX and RX and Ground.

Thanks,

Neil

That's all I needed.I don't need the pin outs.

Never become so involved with something that it blinds you.
post #5052 of 9940 Old 10-16-2011, 06:34 PM

Liked: 11
How are people using their irule to control XBMC? (IR, HTTP) what's the best/most responsive way...does anyone have some tips for a newbie?
If I decided to go the HTTP route how does it exactly work?
post #5053 of 9940 Old 10-16-2011, 07:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoochie View Post

How are people using their irule to control XBMC? (IR, HTTP) what's the best/most responsive way...does anyone have some tips for a newbie?
If I decided to go the HTTP route how does it exactly work?

I use XBMC Lite to control it directly via the network.

Steve Goff
post #5054 of 9940 Old 10-17-2011, 03:49 AM

Why does Irule hate Australia? We get redirected to uRemote which is a rip off site charging $1199($1233 US) for their package as they preset an Xbox or ps3 panel. I just want to buy a few global cache items. But you cannot do that from the Aussie site.

Seriously iRule my friends love what they see but they will never buy from the crap site.
post #5055 of 9940 Old 10-17-2011, 09:34 AM

Anyone found the Network codes for the latest panasonic Blu-Ray players .
DMP-BDT210 or 310.
post #5056 of 9940 Old 10-17-2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevorsplace View Post

Anyone found the Network codes for the latest panasonic Blu-Ray players .
DMP-BDT210 or 310.

Do not exist (easily or moderately). You have to write a script to get those working. Panasonic uses POST command type. Used Wireshark to see what the codes are but it is a mess.

Alex
post #5057 of 9940 Old 10-17-2011, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KallanOz View Post

Why does Irule hate Australia? We get redirected to uRemote which is a rip off site charging $1199($1233 US) for their package as they preset an Xbox or ps3 panel. I just want to buy a few global cache items. But you cannot do that from the Aussie site.

Seriously iRule my friends love what they see but they will never buy from the crap site.

Contractual obligations. uRemote is a sole distributor of iRule in Australia.

Alex
post #5058 of 9940 Old 10-17-2011, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by KallanOz View Post

Try www.demopad.com.

Never become so involved with something that it blinds you.
post #5059 of 9940 Old 10-17-2011, 11:37 AM

Hello,

does anybody here is running a dreambox 800 and controls it with iRule?

I'm looking for discrete power codes.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers Thomas
post #5060 of 9940 Old 10-17-2011, 11:52 AM

Sure its been asked before but didn't feel like searching through 100's of pages. We have a PS3, Denon receiver, Comcast HD box and an Epson 8350 so do we need one with six IR outputs or can the base models with 3 IR outputs be used?

Overall liking what I see over the Peel as that does not support projectors and looks way more limited.

PSN ID: zapfrog

post #5061 of 9940 Old 10-17-2011, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogpond1 View Post

Sure its been asked before but didn't feel like searching through 100's of pages. We have a PS3, Denon receiver, Comcast HD box and an Epson 8350 so do we need one with six IR outputs or can the base models with 3 IR outputs be used?

Overall liking what I see over the Peel as that does not support projectors and looks way more limited.

If you want strictly IR, then you can get one with 3 IR outputs and get 3 dual emitters for a total of 6 IR outputs. If you are coming from Harmony RF, you can re-use those dual IR emitters.

Alex
post #5062 of 9940 Old 10-17-2011, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_heinrich View Post

Hello,

does anybody here is running a dreambox 800 and controls it with iRule?

I'm looking for discrete power codes.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers Thomas

Have you tried using "Dream Multimedia Set Top Box All Models" device? It has Power ON and Power Off commands.

Do a search for Type=Set Top Box and Vendor=Dream Multimedia.

Alex
post #5063 of 9940 Old 10-17-2011, 01:49 PM

Quote:

Do not exist (easily or moderately). You have to write a script to get those working. Panasonic uses POST command type. Used Wireshark to see what the codes are but it is a mess.

Alex

I found this out last night. Was able to build a simple html form with buttons that did stuff, but not very intuitive, or for that matter, possible to implement in iRule, that I can tell.

I can't remember where I found this on the internet last night, but I'm shamelessly reposting it here incase someone finds it of use.

Code:
Forms based POST Codes and action needed to send a single command:

http://your_players_ip/WAN/dvdr/dvdr_ctrl.cgi

cCMD_RC_#####.x=100
cCMD_RC_#####.y=100

ie: cCMD_RC_POWER.x=100 and cCMD_RC_POWER.y=100

Where ##### = one of the following commands

POWER:  POWER
OPEN/CLOSE:  OP_CL
1 (@.):  D1
2 (ABC):  D2
3 (DEF):  D3
4 (GHI):  D4
5 (JKL):  D5
6 (MNO):  D6
7 (PQRS):  D7
8 (TUV):  D8
9 (WXYZ):  D9
0 (-,):  D0
* (CANCEL):  CLEAR
# ([_]):  SHARP
3D:  3D
AUDIO:  AUDIOSEL
NETFLIX: NETFLIX
SEARCH < <:  REV
SEARCH > >:  CUE
PLAY >:  PLAYBACK
SKIP < <:  SKIPREV
SKIP > >:  SKIPFWD
PAUSE ||:  PAUSE
STOP:  STOP
EXIT:  EXIT
POP-UP MENU (TOP MENU):  TITLE
VIERA CAST:  V_CAST
HOME:  MLTNAV
UP:  UP
DOWN:  DOWN
LEFT <||:  LEFT
RIGHT ||>:  RIGHT
OK:  SELECT
SUBMENU:  MENU
RETURN:  RETURN
RED:  RED
GREEN:  GREEN
BLUE:  BLUE
YELLOW:  YELLOW
You have to turn on network control in the player, and add the device you would like to have access to the allowed MAC address list.

If someone figures out how you could create forms based post methods in iRule, I'm down to help getting this working.
post #5064 of 9940 Old 10-17-2011, 03:11 PM

Quote:

I found this out last night. Was able to build a simple html form with buttons that did stuff, but not very intuitive, or for that matter, possible to implement in iRule, that I can tell.

I can't remember where I found this on the internet last night, but I'm shamelessly reposting it here incase someone finds it of use.

Code:
Forms based POST Codes and action needed to send a single command:

http://your_players_ip/WAN/dvdr/dvdr_ctrl.cgi

cCMD_RC_#####.x=100
cCMD_RC_#####.y=100

ie: cCMD_RC_POWER.x=100 and cCMD_RC_POWER.y=100

Where ##### = one of the following commands

POWER:  POWER
OPEN/CLOSE:  OP_CL
1 (@.):  D1
2 (ABC):  D2
3 (DEF):  D3
4 (GHI):  D4
5 (JKL):  D5
6 (MNO):  D6
7 (PQRS):  D7
8 (TUV):  D8
9 (WXYZ):  D9
0 (-,):  D0
* (CANCEL):  CLEAR
# ([_]):  SHARP
3D:  3D
AUDIO:  AUDIOSEL
NETFLIX: NETFLIX
SEARCH < <:  REV
SEARCH > >:  CUE
PLAY >:  PLAYBACK
SKIP < <:  SKIPREV
SKIP > >:  SKIPFWD
PAUSE ||:  PAUSE
STOP:  STOP
EXIT:  EXIT
POP-UP MENU (TOP MENU):  TITLE
VIERA CAST:  V_CAST
HOME:  MLTNAV
UP:  UP
DOWN:  DOWN
LEFT <||:  LEFT
RIGHT ||>:  RIGHT
OK:  SELECT
SUBMENU:  MENU
RETURN:  RETURN
RED:  RED
GREEN:  GREEN
BLUE:  BLUE
YELLOW:  YELLOW
You have to turn on network control in the player, and add the device you would like to have access to the allowed MAC address list.

If someone figures out how you could create forms based post methods in iRule, I'm down to help getting this working.

Yeah, I got all of that enabled on my Pani. Tried to use /WAN/dvdr/dvdr_ctrl.cgi?OP_CL but no dice.

Alex
post #5065 of 9940 Old 10-17-2011, 05:32 PM

Just used one of my originally wired adapter with red on 2 and green on 3 and it didn't work with my panasonic projector. Flipped 2 and 3 so 2 is RED and 3 is Green. In the panny book it says that 2 is TXD and 3 is RXD with 5 as GND so I am certain that 5 being Yellow is good. Hope this helps just about everyone!

Thanks,

Neil
post #5066 of 9940 Old 10-17-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:

Contractual obligations. uRemote is a sole distributor of iRule in Australia.

Alex

But uRemote do not allow you to login to the builder or offer global cache apps. Infact their is no iRule branding at all.
post #5067 of 9940 Old 10-17-2011, 07:46 PM

Hello,

I've been looking at iRule to use with an existing IPhone and future IPad purchase.

I currently have a Denon 4308CI (I believe I'll be upgrading to Integra DHC-80.3 soon), Pioneer Elite TV, OPPO BDP-93 and Optimum cable. I suppose I don't have to worry about getting codes for these ?

Besides using IPad as a remote control, I also wanted the ability to stream music/pictures from my network. Is this possible with iRule ?

My current concern is that they don't seem to have phone support only email support... I was looking at their video tutorials... and it seems ok to do.

Is it possible also to control my home temp ? If so, what thermometer do I need to get ?

Please let me know if this product is good to use.

Thanks in advance.

Fronts: B&W CM8
Center: B&W CM Center
Surround: B&W CM1
JL Audio F112
Integra DHC-80.3
Emotiva XPA-5
OPPO 93
HTPC
post #5068 of 9940 Old 10-17-2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Goff View Post

I use XBMC Lite to control it directly via the network.

Steve is there a list somewhere of all the HTTP commands possible with XBMC. I tried googling and have not had any luck. Thanks for your advice/help
post #5069 of 9940 Old 10-17-2011, 07:51 PM

So now I am trying to get feedback on the volume from my marantz receiver. For some reason the on in the database is way way off from my AV8003. I thought I figured it out. I got as far as it showing volume however I don't believe it is the correct volume and it doesn't update?! Just wondering if anyone has any tips? I do have it associated with the proper device and I had to put the suffix and prefix in for the device - the one in the DB was blank?! Then i had to put the Prefix under the command of VOL:

Again before it was all pretty blank and useless... Almost there just a few things aren't awry.

Thanks!

Neil
post #5070 of 9940 Old 10-17-2011, 08:03 PM

Ok I got the stuff working for Marantz. I ended up removing the devices prefix and suffix and using it only within the command . Also the formula is WAY WAY off. I need to play with it more but it is no bueno.

Neil
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr 3311ci Receiver , Sharp Aquos , Lcd Hdtv , Receivers Amplifiers , Philips Pronto Tsu7000 The Intelligent Remote Control For Home Theater
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page