Forum Jump: 

post #5161 of 10014 Old 10-27-2011, 04:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 45
1) Cost
Looks like i can looks like the global catche is about $100. Then i will need 3 dual Ir emitters, running about $36 total. The program is $50. So roughly around $200. Is this correct?

The IP2IR includes one blaster and three regular stick on emitters. You may not need to purchase more seperately

2) How many devices can i control?
With the dual IR emitter i can control 6 devices with Three independent IR outputs correct? Is there any catch to that or does it work pretty well.

That's mostly correct, or you can use the blaster if you can physically arrange the components that way. There have been reports that the iTach does not have enough power on the ports to run some emitters. Two headed emitters may be a problem. I'd try to get by with the included emitters that are known to work. Also, you can feed the output from the iTach into an IR distribution system to feed even more emitters (I don't know specifics on that though).

3) Roomates
Is it possible to have the iRule app linked to the same account from 3 different iphones? this is very important because i will have 2 roomates and i dont want to be the only one to be able to control the TV.

That is correct, iRule does not use iTunes so it should work. Keep in mind that you can only load your remote config on two (or three) "handsets" with the base builder license. Authorization for more handsets can be purchased.

4)Mulitple remotes
Is it possible to have another remote also. Lets say i hide all the electronics in the closet, is it possible to get one of those logitech harmony remotes for about $70. Then change one of the Global Cache iTach IP2IR outputs to an input? If not what would be another solution to this problem?

I don't know much about the inputs but I don't think they work that way. If you can point a standard remote at the components it should still work. The stick-on IR emitters don't block incoming IR from a conventional remote. If you hide the components away you'll need to use an IR receiver for a conventional remote. In my case I already have a receiver and distribution block with it's own emitters in my equipment cabinet so I just pointed the iTach blaster at my IR receiver. Works fine. If I recall, the receiver and distribution ran about $100

5) Global Cache iTach IP2IR
I was also looking at the wireless one and was wondering if it worked as good. I know wired is faster, but do i really need speed to just to control IR?

Should be fine but I have no first hand experience.

And welcome to the forum. You'll find a load of knowledge here.

High Desert Theater -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Building Bass - 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Surrounds -

Storage -

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5162 of 10014 Old 10-27-2011, 07:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pettson View Post

just for me the image/device libraies DON´t work ???

same problem. Contacted support.

Never become so involved with something that it blinds you.
post #5163 of 10014 Old 10-27-2011, 07:06 AM
AVS Special Member

I want to switch to an Android phone. Could someone recommend a phone that would work with the Retina buttons once Irule supports Android? I tried to update my Iphone 4 last night to ios5 and now am getting the Sim Card Not supported message. Never jailbroke phone, or anything. This will be the 8th phone that has broken. I guess I "jinked" myself with my discussion of the previous broken phones. Love the phone, but I can't take this anymore. I need the phone for my job and now have to take off work for the 4th time with 8 different Iphone fours. Head to Apple Store but this time out of warranty by about 2 weeks it appears.

post #5164 of 10014 Old 10-27-2011, 08:31 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogger View Post

same problem. Contacted support.

I had this issue, all i had to do was zoom out in of my window. In chrome, went to the view menu, then zoom, then zoom out. or just apple -
post #5165 of 10014 Old 10-27-2011, 08:36 AM

Thanks for the quick response petew! You have solved all my questions, now it is just time to go out and get my supplies.
post #5166 of 10014 Old 10-27-2011, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Alright they replaced my iPhone 4. Out of warranty but considering the hassles I have had it was not a problem. This is phone #9. They said that quite a few people are having issues with ios5. Ok back to Irule.

post #5167 of 10014 Old 10-27-2011, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XARiUS View Post

So has anyone implemented a POST method yet in the new iRule builder? Trying to figure out how you specify two name/value pairs in a single command.

I managed to get a simple html page with form buttons working to network control my DMP-BD110 player! I just have to figure out how to change the user-agent in iRule, and submit the two post values...

Hi Xarius,
I found below link regarding IP control of the Pana Blu-Ray models. Hope it can be an help for you. I cant figure out how to make it work.

http://www.perceptiveautomation.com/...t=6810&p=41085

Regards,
Jacob
post #5168 of 10014 Old 10-27-2011, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaga01 View Post

Hi Xarius,
I found below link regarding IP control of the Pana Blu-Ray models. Hope it can be an help for you. I cant figure out how to make it work.

http://www.perceptiveautomation.com/...t=6810&p=41085

Regards,
Jacob

Thanks, Jacob! I managed to get it all working last night via a webpage/form buttons, but hit a showstopper that I've mailed iRule about. The Panny requires the browser to appear as particular user-agent, which iRule doesn't have the ability to spoof as of this current release.

Hopefully in time more support can be added for this sort of thing.

If anyone wants the html page for testing, just send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll send it over.
post #5169 of 10014 Old 10-27-2011, 03:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 43
[quote=souzpalooz;21132584]Hey Guys,

4)Mulitple remotes
Is it possible to have another remote also. Lets say i hide all the electronics in the closet, is it possible to get one of those logitech harmony remotes for about $70. Then change one of the Global Cache iTach IP2IR outputs to an input? If not what would be another solution to this problem?

According to the website, you can configure the IR port to be either a IR out, IR in, or IR blaster. So, it seems like what you described should be possible. Now, what it does not described is if that IR in will get translated to IR-out.. or what will happen if I send my data through the ethernet and also got some command from IR-in?

I try to find the user manual for the web portal and what it will do, but I am not successful. If anyone have a link to that (not the product manual or datasheet), please share. Thanks.
post #5170 of 10014 Old 10-27-2011, 07:57 PM

I am still a little lost. lets say i a "receiver and distribution block with it's own emitters in my equipment cabinet" Can i just stick 1 Ir output emitter from the itachi over the main receiver for the distribution block and control all 6 devices? or do i need to setup the blaster?
post #5171 of 10014 Old 10-27-2011, 08:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 45
You can go straight from the output on the itach to the input on the distribution block with no IR stuff in between. Hopefully someone will chime in with what distribution block works. Not all do.

Since I already had an IR receiver and dist block, I pointed the blaster at that to use my existing IR hardware. Definitely not the most efficient way to go if starting from scratch.

High Desert Theater -

Building Bass - 

Surrounds -

Storage -

post #5172 of 10014 Old 10-27-2011, 11:29 PM

what kind of distribution block do you use? I was thinking of buying the Xantech DL85k. it only has 4 outputs so i was thinking about getting 4 dual emitters non blinking. does this seem to work well with all devices including the itachi?
post #5173 of 10014 Old 10-28-2011, 03:54 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by souzpalooz View Post

what kind of distribution block do you use? I was thinking of buying the Xantech DL85k. it only has 4 outputs so i was thinking about getting 4 dual emitters non blinking. does this seem to work well with all devices including the itachi?

I would use the Xantech 79144. It's a 10 source, amplified block. You would also need the GC GC-CGX cable and the Xantech power supply. The 79144 is legendary in its flawless operation.
post #5174 of 10014 Old 10-28-2011, 05:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGO2XS View Post

I can't browse devices either.

Everything is working fine now. Now that I have checked out the improvements, must say I am very happy with Irule. I am curious about the back up. There seems to be the potential for file sharing? I can see where some might, say professionals, not be willing to share with the entire world but might be with friend or family or for hire. My assumption is that the very best work done by professionals will never be shared. Imagine doing a bunch of work, sharing, and then having to compete with another custom installer in your same city against your very own work!

post #5175 of 10014 Old 10-28-2011, 06:41 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Hi all. Anyone interested in JSON RPC control of XBMC.

I figured it out. You need to send commands to port 9090 in NETWORK GATEWAY.

jsonrpc/{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Input.Right","id":1} is the command in the builder for Cursor Right.

To get a list of suport command for your instance of XBMC you can send a command jsonrpc/{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"JSONRPC.Introspect","id":1} through Simple REST Client browser addon.
Need to set it to POST.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title...RPC.Introspect

Over Port 9090 XBMC auto sends feedback so that is for me to tackle next.

Alex
post #5176 of 10014 Old 10-28-2011, 11:07 AM

I want to control a Samsung BD-D6500 Blue-Ray player via network commands (ie..NOT IR). I found devices "Samsung Blu Ray 1" and "Samsung Blu Ray 2" in the list of devices and both have network commands but I'm unclear as to how to define the gateway to which I'd attach these devices. Typically the gateway would be the IP address and a port number...similar to the way DirecTV boxes are setup.

Does anybody know what the port number would be ?
Has anybody used these devices and network commands successfully ?

Any info would be greatly appreciated !
post #5177 of 10014 Old 10-28-2011, 11:12 AM

Has anyone set up to control a Velodyne DD+18 sub through a network connection? If so, what port # do I need to use?

John
post #5178 of 10014 Old 10-28-2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutct View Post

I want to control a Samsung BD-D6500 Blue-Ray player via network commands (ie..NOT IR). I found devices "Samsung Blu Ray 1" and "Samsung Blu Ray 2" in the list of devices and both have network commands but I'm unclear as to how to define the gateway to which I'd attach these devices. Typically the gateway would be the IP address and a port number...similar to the way DirecTV boxes are setup.

Chances are this is using the rs232 port but I don't know the device. If you google ip control and your device info you will probably find out. Good luck
post #5179 of 10014 Old 10-28-2011, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutct View Post

Try Port 80. HTTP GATEWAY. format is like this xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80

Just a suggestion, haven't tried this.

Alex
post #5180 of 10014 Old 10-28-2011, 02:06 PM

Chances are this is using the rs232 port but I don't know the device. If you google ip control and your device info you will probably find out. Good luck

IT's not via RS232..it's via ethernet port. Per the player's Settings menu & manual, there's supposedly a smartphone app that can control this via wifi/LAN/network. I tried the iPhone Samsung remote app and the iPhone app couldn't detect the blu-ray player..perhaps that app is only for Samsung TVs (not Blu-Ray. Maybe the smartphone app that can control the blu-ray player is only available on Android ?

I can try the port 80 when I get home....I'm guessing I'd set this up as a HTTP device then ?
post #5181 of 10014 Old 10-28-2011, 02:07 PM

I'm guessing I'd set this up as a HTTP device then ?

Sorry..just re-read your post and see I would need to set it up as an HTTP GATEWAY.

Thanks ..I'll give it a try !
post #5182 of 10014 Old 10-28-2011, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by osupike99 View Post

Hi all. Anyone interested in JSON RPC control of XBMC.

I figured it out. You need to send commands to port 9090 in NETWORK GATEWAY.

jsonrpc/{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Input.Right","id":1} is the command in the builder for Cursor Right.

To get a list of suport command for your instance of XBMC you can send a command jsonrpc/{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"JSONRPC.Introspect","id":1} through Simple REST Client browser addon.
Need to set it to POST.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title...RPC.Introspect

Over Port 9090 XBMC auto sends feedback so that is for me to tackle next.

Alex

Can you explain how this is different from controlling XBMC through MCE control? Thanks.

Brian
post #5183 of 10014 Old 10-28-2011, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snodric View Post

Can you explain how this is different from controlling XBMC through MCE control? Thanks.

Brian

Direct control of xbmc.

Alex
post #5184 of 10014 Old 10-28-2011, 05:07 PM

What is the benefit of direct control (I've got the thing working through mce controller and so am wondering if it's worth the effort to figure out how to do direct control)?

Brian
post #5185 of 10014 Old 10-28-2011, 06:29 PM

Anyone know where there is a black and white button labeled "Options". Sorry I am graphically handicapped and can't possibly consider making a poor looking button...

Thanks!

Neil
post #5186 of 10014 Old 10-28-2011, 07:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffneil View Post

Anyone know where there is a black and white button labeled "Options". Sorry I am graphically handicapped and can't possibly consider making a poor looking button...

Thanks!

Neil

PM me with some details. I can make you almost anthing.
post #5187 of 10014 Old 10-29-2011, 12:45 PM

Liked: 12
Just bought the basic Irule today and am learning it... I have a newb question that I can't seem to find the answer to...

Custom buttons based on existing button art? How can I get the .png files out of irule so that I can edit the graphics for a button? There are copy/paste options, but it won't work if I try to paste into photoshop? I'm sure I'm missing something...

thanks

post #5188 of 10014 Old 10-29-2011, 01:20 PM

Can someone point me in the right direction, pls..

I am trying to control X10 commander using irule and the HTTP gateway.

Tested it on iPhone's Safari OK.

I used the tutorial to configure some buttons, but nothing is send (log file is empty).

Gateway is configured as follow:
172.19.3.170:8086 HTTP GET and I attached the X10 device I created.
post #5189 of 10014 Old 10-29-2011, 04:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Banshee View Post

Just bought the basic Irule today and am learning it... I have a newb question that I can't seem to find the answer to...

Custom buttons based on existing button art? How can I get the .png files out of irule so that I can edit the graphics for a button? There are copy/paste options, but it won't work if I try to paste into photoshop? I'm sure I'm missing something...

thanks

You can only copy them to your HDD while viewing them. Click on the eye icon all the way to the right to view the library. From there you can click and drag them to your desktop.
post #5190 of 10014 Old 10-30-2011, 07:39 AM

Question regarding Delay and a first gen Apple TV. I can't seem to duplicate the "press and hold" scrolling function the original remote provides. (Basically it makes it scroll REALLY fast until you release.) I'm using a GC iTach with the blaster, as all my components sit on one shelf, it was cleaner than using the individual emitters.

I have the repeatable commands turned on, at the very lowest delay of 100ms (0.1). I've tried everything up to 500ms delay, but still can't seem to get the damn scrolling working right. I've got about 40GB's in music, and not being able to scroll but a single item what feels like every second is painful!.

Anyone have any insight?
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr 3311ci Receiver , Sharp Aquos , Lcd Hdtv , Receivers Amplifiers , Philips Pronto Tsu7000 The Intelligent Remote Control For Home Theater
Gear in this thread - Tsu7000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page