Forum Jump: 

Old 12-11-2011, 07:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbn008 View Post

i've purchased the pro version and realized I just don't have the time to spend in irule builder to make my system work. Would anybody be interested in setting one up for me and I'd pay them? I know this sounds crazy, but I'm already in it for $300 and it's inoperable at the moment.

1 room

ipad as control

receiver: marantz sr7001
satellite: directv hr22
streamer: boxes box
blu ray: Panasonic DMP-BD35K
video game: xbox 360 slim
projector: jvc dla-hd950

gateway for projector: WF2IR
gateway for all other equipment: GC-100-6

Again, I know this is unorthodox, but I'd thought I'd ask anyway

Thanks

Sounds like you need roomie remote, much quicker/user friendly, less complicated/customizable. Check it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2011, 08:25 PM

Liked: 12
I am working on the network commands for the Yamaha rxa3010. This is my first time to work with network commands. I have downloaded from iRule the Yamaha RX-A Series TCP/IP commands. On the network gate way I have my IPv4 address set to the 192.168.1.119 which is the ip address of the reciever, port ..........I tried 80 and it did not work. I can't get the gateway to connect. HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
Old 12-11-2011, 08:43 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I have read through a lot of this thread and the topics mostly consist of technical support. I'm hoping that someone could help me (and those of us who struggle with software like this) with a basic setup guide.

I will happily volunteer my components as an example if anyone is willing to help:

Onkyo TX-NR809 receiver (IP controllable I think)
Direct TV
Panasonic PT-AE4000U
Sony Playstation
Lutron Lighting system
I have Comcast internet and my router is connected to my desktop which is on the 1st floor. I want to control the components in my home theater which will be on the second floor.

Could someone recommend the specific gateway I would need to control these devices? I believe all of them are IR controlled. Also, what is the difference between iTach and GC 100??
Old 12-11-2011, 09:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGO2XS View Post

I am working on the network commands for the Yamaha rxa3010. This is my first time to work with network commands. I have downloaded from iRule the Yamaha RX-A Series TCP/IP commands. On the network gate way I have my IPv4 address set to the 192.168.1.119 which is the ip address of the reciever, port ..........I tried 80 and it did not work. I can't get the gateway to connect. HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

The default TCP port is 50000. You should also enable Network Standby on the Yamaha or you won't be able to turn it on with a network command.

And (unless it changed from the A3000) the 3010 will disconnect after about 40 seconds without commands. So you should have iRule send a command periodically to keep the connection alive.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:27 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd_cooke View Post

Sorry if this has been asked... Is these some easy way (or tutorial) outlining how to get these Yamaha codes into iBuilder?

All of RX-A series of codes are already in the builder.

Alex
Old 12-12-2011, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azula View Post

I have read through a lot of this thread and the topics mostly consist of technical support. I'm hoping that someone could help me (and those of us who struggle with software like this) with a basic setup guide.

I will happily volunteer my components as an example if anyone is willing to help:

Onkyo TX-NR809 receiver (IP controllable I think)
Direct TV
Panasonic PT-AE4000U
Sony Playstation
Lutron Lighting system
I have Comcast internet and my router is connected to my desktop which is on the 1st floor. I want to control the components in my home theater which will be on the second floor.

Could someone recommend the specific gateway I would need to control these devices? I believe all of them are IR controlled. Also, what is the difference between iTach and GC 100??

It all really depends on a few factors.
1. Biggest question. Do you have hardwired Ethernet where your equipment is at? If not, then you are limited to 2 types of Gateways: WF2SL and WF2IR. If you do, then keep on reading below.
2. Where is the equipment located in relation to each other? For instance, in my setup my projector is the only component that is in the room besides the speakers so I have a WF2SL (wifi RS232 iTach) sitting in my projector box and in a separate closet about 30 feet away is the rest of the equipment with IP2IR (IR iTach) sitting in there connected to my Ethernet.
3. Will you be controlling your equipment from multiple instances of iRule? If so, GC-100 line of Global Cache gateways won't work because they only allow 1 connection at a time.

Alex
Old 12-12-2011, 01:22 PM

I need help with MCE Controller.
I'm trying to set up a command for Alt+z.
In the builder I created a device command named Alt+z with the command Alt+z\\x0D
I edited MCEControl.commands with the line:

It's not working, I even tried Alt="false" and same results.
In MCE it says: Command received: Alt+z but not Sending keystroke: Alt+z
What am I doing wrong?
Old 12-12-2011, 08:38 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by osupike99 View Post

All of RX-A series of codes are already in the builder.

Alex

Alex, they are in the builder and I am working on my remote as we speak. Question though, I see there are quite a few commands missing for the tcp/ir. The select code, up/down/left/right commands are the most important ones I cannot see. Would I set up another page with rs232 commands?
Old 12-12-2011, 10:33 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:

It all really depends on a few factors.
1. Biggest question. Do you have hardwired Ethernet where your equipment is at? If not, then you are limited to 2 types of Gateways: WF2SL and WF2IR. If you do, then keep on reading below.
2. Where is the equipment located in relation to each other? For instance, in my setup my projector is the only component that is in the room besides the speakers so I have a WF2SL (wifi RS232 iTach) sitting in my projector box and in a separate closet about 30 feet away is the rest of the equipment with IP2IR (IR iTach) sitting in there connected to my Ethernet.
3. Will you be controlling your equipment from multiple instances of iRule? If so, GC-100 line of Global Cache gateways won't work because they only allow 1 connection at a time.

Alex

Thanks Alex, I do not have hardwired ethernet where my equipment will be. My ethernet is downstairs and my equipment is upstairs. So I guess #1 is my only option. As for #3, I'm not sure what you mean by "multiple instances". Thanks again!
Old 12-13-2011, 01:01 PM

Hi,

Everytime I login to the Irule on my ipad, I have to run the gateway search in order to update the IP address of the GC-100...do you guys know the workaround so I can keep the same IP address or have it automatically update so I don't have to do manually everytime.

Thanks
Samy
Old 12-13-2011, 01:27 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by samyt View Post

Hi,

Everytime I login to the Irule on my ipad, I have to run the gateway search in order to update the IP address of the GC-100...do you guys know the workaround so I can keep the same IP address or have it automatically update so I don't have to do manually everytime.

Thanks
Samy

There are two things you can do:

1. Using the GC-100's IP Address, log into it using a browser and set a static address.

2. Log into your Router and reserve the current IP Address of the GC-100.

Bob Holmes
Curmudgeon
Old 12-13-2011, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azula View Post

Thanks Alex, I do not have hardwired ethernet where my equipment will be. My ethernet is downstairs and my equipment is upstairs. So I guess #1 is my only option. As for #3, I'm not sure what you mean by "multiple instances". Thanks again!

#3 means that if I have an iPhone and my wife has an iPhone, we can both control devices connected to iTach at the same time and have a nice battle of control. With GC-100 line, its either me or she in control and not both at the same. Think of it as being able to seat 2 people on a chair vs 1 at the same time.

Alex
Old 12-13-2011, 04:38 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
Quote:

Alex, they are in the builder and I am working on my remote as we speak. Question though, I see there are quite a few commands missing for the tcp/ir. The select code, up/down/left/right commands are the most important ones I cannot see. Would I set up another page with rs232 commands?

Try finding Yamaha's TCP/RS232 codes document from their website. Usually you might have to hunt around a bit for that type of document. I had to do this for my pioneer AVR as there are many many codes that were not included in the irule database. Then you just add the additional codes that you need manually into the builder.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 176
Quote:

I see there are quite a few commands missing for the tcp/ir. The select code, up/down/left/right commands are the most important ones I cannot see.

You need the docs, but for some reason Yamaha doesn't like to put these things on their public website. Here's a link to the docs with all the codes. Unzip the files and then just double-click on index.html.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:16 PM

Is the search feature broken? I can't seem to search for background images any more.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:17 PM

Liked: 11
I'm going to start off with some honesty -- I did not read through the full 184 pages (5504 posts). I am interested in looking at iRule, but I wanted to confirm a couple of items. First, my components:

Panasonic AE7000U
Denon AVR-1912
Panasonic BDT210
AT&T UVerse
PS3 (Coming Soon)
Lutron Lighting (Coming Soon)

So my questions:

1.) Is all of my hardware compatible? I did not see my receiver listed on iRule's website, but Denon as a brand is listed. Also, same holds true for UVerse -- Motorola is listed, but not specific hardware.

2.) What gateway(s) do I need to run my devices? I'm a complete newbie when it comes to home automation and iOS remotes.

3.) Remotes are compatible across iOS devices (i.e. you don't need to build one specific to iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, etc.) right?

I appreciate the help in advance...I know it gets annoying when people don't read the threads, but this is simply too much info for me to digest.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I have been using Eventghost to control my HTPC via the Broadcaster plugin. It has been working fine.

Now I would like to implement feedback from the HTPC to the iRule remote, e.g. 'HTPC awake' or 'iTunes running'. How do I set this up?
___
Axel

Old 12-13-2011, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttusqrl View Post

3.) Remotes are compatible across iOS devices (i.e. you don't need to build one specific to iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, etc.) right?

You need, and really want to, build separate remotes for the iPad vs. Phone/touch, just from a logical standpoint the iPad screen is about 6 times the size of the phone, why wouldn't you want to take advantage of that?
Old 12-13-2011, 11:35 PM

Quote:

I'm going to start off with some honesty -- I did not read through the full 184 pages (5504 posts). I am interested in looking at iRule, but I wanted to confirm a couple of items. First, my components:

Panasonic AE7000U
Denon AVR-1912
Panasonic BDT210
AT&T UVerse
PS3 (Coming Soon)
Lutron Lighting (Coming Soon)

So my questions:

1.) Is all of my hardware compatible? I did not see my receiver listed on iRule's website, but Denon as a brand is listed. Also, same holds true for UVerse -- Motorola is listed, but not specific hardware.

2.) What gateway(s) do I need to run my devices? I'm a complete newbie when it comes to home automation and iOS remotes.

I appreciate the help in advance...I know it gets annoying when people don't read the threads, but this is simply too much info for me to digest.

You should be okey for your equipment.
1. Denon uses the same codes for all their receivers. What's the spesific name of the Motorola?

2. If you plan on having more than one iOS remote go for the itach modelserie as they allow for more then one simultanious connections at a time. The IR models work with dual and triple emitters so you might only need one..?
Old 12-14-2011, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArieS1204 View Post

I need help with MCE Controller.
I'm trying to set up a command for Alt+z.
In the builder I created a device command named Alt+z with the command Alt+z\\x0D
I edited MCEControl.commands with the line:

It's not working, I even tried Alt="false" and same results.
In MCE it says: Command received: Alt+z but not Sending keystroke: Alt+z
What am I doing wrong?

Anyone?
Old 12-14-2011, 06:00 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zellarman View Post

You need, and really want to, build separate remotes for the iPad vs. Phone/touch, just from a logical standpoint the iPad screen is about 6 times the size of the phone, why wouldn't you want to take advantage of that?

That's a good point. I guess the better question is, "I can download/share the same remote across similar sized devices, right?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymagnu View Post

You should be okey for your equipment.
1. Denon uses the same codes for all their receivers. What's the spesific name of the Motorola?

2. If you plan on having more than one iOS remote go for the itach modelserie as they allow for more then one simultanious connections at a time. The IR models work with dual and triple emitters so you might only need one..?

1. I'm on the road at the moment and can't look at the front of the box. I know the DVR is a VIP-225, but I'm not sure about the satellite boxes.

2. Would I only need the gateway (at the moment at least) for the projector, since the Denon, DVR, and Panasonic all connect to the internet as it is?

...and one new question:

I've been toying around with switching from Lutron to INSTEON technology. The INSTEON uses a web browser to perform the scene automation, but could I still transmit codes thru the smartlinc controller, which is on the network, and utilize iRule? I didn't see the brand supported, but then again, I don't know how hard it is to find/design the codes.

Thanks again for the help!
Old 12-14-2011, 07:28 AM

Quote:

That's a good point. I guess the better question is, "I can download/share the same remote across similar sized devices, right?"

1. I'm on the road at the moment and can't look at the front of the box. I know the DVR is a VIP-225, but I'm not sure about the satellite boxes.

2. Would I only need the gateway (at the moment at least) for the projector, since the Denon, DVR, and Panasonic all connect to the internet as it is?

...and one new question:

I've been toying around with switching from Lutron to INSTEON technology. The INSTEON uses a web browser to perform the scene automation, but could I still transmit codes thru the smartlinc controller, which is on the network, and utilize iRule? I didn't see the brand supported, but then again, I don't know how hard it is to find/design the codes.

Thanks again for the help!

1. There are codes in the database that work for the VIP 1903 & 1963.

2. Denon i guess could be controlled over IP, their more expensive models can. I see the panasonic has network codes in the builder so you'll might be in luck there. There are no network codes for the VIP, allthough Motorola allows for network control it is up to the distributer to implement these advantages, but I haven't seen anybody do this so far.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:57 AM

I have a HT room and a living room with the same TV in each room. Currently, I am using the Itach WFI2IR unit in the HT room. I would like to place another Itach WFI2IR in the living room. How can I prevent the use of my iPAD/Irule in the HT room from operating the equipment in the living room? Currently, the Itach WFI2IR is configured as infrastructure to work with my Apple Base Station network.

Cheers
Kevin
Old 12-14-2011, 08:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin McN View Post

I have a HT room and a living room with the same TV in each room. Currently, I am using the Itach WFI2IR unit in the HT room. I would like to place another Itach WFI2IR in the living room. How can I prevent the use of my iPAD/Irule in the HT room from operating the equipment in the living room? Currently, the Itach WFI2IR is configured as infrastructure to work with my Apple Base Station network.

Cheers
Kevin

Import a 2nd version of the device in the builder. Rename it to avoid confusion, something like TV 2 or TV Living room. Then assign that device to a different port on your itach unit.

So HT TV is controlled by TV1 version of commands assigned to port 1 on the itach and the living room TV is controlled by TV2 assigned to port 2 or another itach entirely.

This is how I have it set up, though without the itach, for my 4 IP controlled directv boxes. I have 4 sets of the commands imported and it works like a charm.

PSN ID: Seldom_Seen
Old 12-14-2011, 08:50 PM

Hoping for a little help from the forum, in particular those who have gotten the Digi portserver working. I picked up a Digi TS 16 on ebay and everything seems to be working. After boot three green lights steady, activity light flashing and no collisions, however I can't find it on my LAN. I tried the Discovery App but get 'no devices found'. Tried to set the IP using the arp -s command in the online user manual but still no luck, any help would be much appreciated. Oh,I have the PN: 50001185-01

Thanks,

Paul

UPDATE - Did a factory reset and can now access IP address - THANKS.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:15 AM

Quote:

I assume you mean the SmartLinc 2412n controller. If so, you should be able to create an HTTP gateway and send the proper commands to the SmartLinc to control your devices. The commands can be found at http://wiki.smarthome.com/index.php?...s_in_SmartLinc

Old 12-15-2011, 08:57 PM

I am interested in using iRule at home but want to confirm it will work with my U-Verse box. I found the device "Motorola Cable VIP Series" in the list of devices and wanted to know if this will work with the Motorola VIP1225. Does anyone have any idea?
Old 12-16-2011, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdhor View Post

I assume you mean the SmartLinc 2412n controller. If so, you should be able to create an HTTP gateway and send the proper commands to the SmartLinc to control your devices. The commands can be found at http://wiki.smarthome.com/index.php?...s_in_SmartLinc

As I have posted back in September or so, 2412n listens on port 9761 as a PLM. Set it up as NETWORK GATEWAY and use Insteon raw commands. You can get real time feedback from each switch without the need to query anything. Feedback sample should be already shared in the database. Control command structure has been provided some time ago in this forum.

One drawback of 2412n over its PLM is that it only accepts one connection at a time like GC-100.

Alex
Old 12-16-2011, 07:50 AM

Quote:

As I have posted back in September or so, 2412n listens on port 9761 as a PLM. Set it up as NETWORK GATEWAY and use Insteon raw commands. You can get real time feedback from each switch without the need to query anything. Feedback sample should be already shared in the database. Control command structure has been provided some time ago in this forum.

One drawback of 2412n over its PLM is that it only accepts one connection at a time like GC-100.

Alex

Thanks for the clarification.

I actually use a 2413u connected to my iMac. iRule connects to a PHP script which talks to the Insteon devices using Shion. Works great.

Old 12-17-2011, 08:44 AM

Quote:

Alex

Alex, can you explain what you mean when you say 'drawback of 2412n over its PLM'? I don't know what you mean by a 'PLM'. I understand the issue that you refer to when you say that with the GC-100 (as opposed to the Itach) that there can only be one connection from Apple products at a time.

Brian

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr 3311ci Receiver , Sharp Aquos , Lcd Hdtv , Receivers Amplifiers , Philips Pronto Tsu7000 The Intelligent Remote Control For Home Theater
Gear in this thread