iRule - Page 202 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #6031 of 10015 Old 02-15-2012, 04:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Guys I don't know if I am the only one and I kinda hope I am because I am such a big fan of iRule but is anyone having issues with Gateways and their data becoming corrupt? I have a lot of devices in my setups and I have noticed that a lot of the network device go back to defaulting to 192.168.1.70 and no port number. Also I just noticed my itach didn't have ANY of the devices associated with them.

I sent an email to these guys months ago and really there was no resolution. Today they replied with we would need your account info to login and test on an ipad. No way in the world that I can share that information with them as - foolishly as it is now - it is associated with my primary email account.
I was getting a corrupt data. This was all when I was only using ONE ipad and now I am using multiple so it seems like a bigger mess. I restored from another device but things are just plain broken. Now I have to sit down and figure all this crap out AGAIN. SO SO SO SO SO SO frustrated

If you are having any trouble with gateways please let me/us know because I think there is a problem here and I would like to get people to help reproduce it so the iRule folks don't think I am crazy - which I am.

Thanks!

Neil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6032 of 10015 Old 02-16-2012, 05:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by heffneil View Post

Guys I don't know if I am the only one and I kinda hope I am because I am such a big fan of iRule but is anyone having issues with Gateways and their data becoming corrupt? I have a lot of devices in my setups and I have noticed that a lot of the network device go back to defaulting to 192.168.1.70 and no port number. Also I just noticed my itach didn't have ANY of the devices associated with them.

I sent an email to these guys months ago and really there was no resolution. Today they replied with we would need your account info to login and test on an ipad. No way in the world that I can share that information with them as - foolishly as it is now - it is associated with my primary email account.
I was getting a corrupt data. This was all when I was only using ONE ipad and now I am using multiple so it seems like a bigger mess. I restored from another device but things are just plain broken. Now I have to sit down and figure all this crap out AGAIN. SO SO SO SO SO SO frustrated

If you are having any trouble with gateways please let me/us know because I think there is a problem here and I would like to get people to help reproduce it so the iRule folks don't think I am crazy - which I am.

Thanks!

Neil

I used to have more issues than I do now. A "restore gateways" always fixed it providing I remembered to back them up (it did a great job training me to do that). Recently, the only issue I am having is occasionally losing the control of my Onkyo SC-886. I have to go into the onkyo menu down to the level of the port number and back out without doing anything. Then it seems to work.

It is good to bring it up, I don't recall seeing too many posts about the issue.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6033 of 10015 Old 02-16-2012, 06:04 AM

i fixed everything on my "main" ipad last night and got my missing stuff plugged in and then this morning I went to restore those gateways on another ipad and got a corruption response. WTF.
post #6034 of 10015 Old 02-16-2012, 06:58 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Are you using MCE Controller? I had something similar happen to me several nights ago. Everything was running smoothly on one ipad, but as soon as I added an ipod and iphone into the mix, all hell broke loose. It would go back to the default ip of 192.168.1.70 with no port number. After some reading, found out MCE Controller was just updated to allow multiple clients. I updated the network gateway and now everything is running smoothly again with several idevices in place. Wife is happy again.
post #6035 of 10015 Old 02-16-2012, 07:00 AM

I am using SageTV and I am sure it is a very similar setup. I have 4 or 5 of these HD300 from SageTV so I think it is very similar in nature and a big big problem.

Neil
post #6036 of 10015 Old 02-16-2012, 08:11 AM

Liked: 15
Quote:

Thanks!

Neil

You could also configure your devices to use static IP addresses rather than DHCP. These has helped A LOT. The only other time I heard wierd issues is a friend that was using jailbroken iDevices (iPad, iPhone, etc).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6037 of 10015 Old 02-16-2012, 08:12 AM

Every one of my devices is static. Nothing is DHCP when it comes to iRule.
post #6038 of 10015 Old 02-16-2012, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

i fixed everything on my "main" ipad last night and got my missing stuff plugged in and then this morning I went to restore those gateways on another ipad and got a corruption response. WTF.

Not sure if this helps in your case, but I have come across issues during an iRule restore, where iRule did not want to either fully connect or did not retain the settings I had recently changed. Fix was to fully close the app beforehand and not just to simply exit out and come back again. Here is a link that better explains what I mean. Hope this helps!

____
Axel

post #6039 of 10015 Old 02-16-2012, 09:56 AM

Liked: 19
Quote:

Thanks!

Neil

The reason why iRule support asked you for your username and password is because the gateways that you backup are associated with your username and password only. They can restore your backup all they want, but the gateways are always kept separate so they cannot replicate the issue using their test account. That is why I created a gmail account just for using iRule. So that way nothing sensitive can be seen if I give my username and password.
post #6040 of 10015 Old 02-16-2012, 12:37 PM

heffneil, so far I have only had positive experiences with iRule support, every time I've contacted them, they answered promptly, within 1-3 hours.
I've also contacted Global Cache regarding the iTach and GC100- hardwares, and they have also been providing quick replies.
Hope you'll get your gateways up running, as they're supposed.
:-)

kindly
Jan
post #6041 of 10015 Old 02-17-2012, 12:28 PM

Is there a command that I can attach to a button that will close the iRule application. I am having problems with iRule not closing properly when I press the home button on my tablet. I always get an error stating that iRule unexpectedly stopped.

In addition, I'm using a Xoom motorola tablet and everytime the tablet goes to sleep, I have to restart iRule when I wake the tablet up. Somehow iRule is being auto closed each time the tablet goes to sleep.
post #6042 of 10015 Old 02-17-2012, 01:50 PM

• PlayStatus:Playing
  • SongNo:0
  • Type:Audio
  • Title:A Perfect Circle - Blue
  • Genre:Alternative Rock Adult Hits
  • URL:
  • Lyrics:
  • Samplerate:44
  • Thumb:DefaultAlbumCover.png
  • Time:00:07
  • Duration:
  • Percentage:-2147483648
  • File size:-1
  • Changed:True
  • now you can create a feedback (and assign it to the xbmc network device you created the get current playing command for) where you "filter" the output for your needs using prefix and suffix... lets say you want the current song title:

prefix: *Title: (the star matches the
  • part and anything else before title)

suffix:
  • * (matches anything AFTER the actual value you want... in this case the next
  • on the next line and anything AFTER that)

you can now assign the feedback into your interface... and trigger the "get current playing" command using a button or a repeating entry command!

hope this helps !?

• Can someone elaborate on this.... I can not get it working to save my life
post #6043 of 10015 Old 02-21-2012, 04:11 PM

If this can be found with a search I apolgize. I've looked but cannot find.

So I get the difference between the itach and the GC-100. itach handles multiple clients at the same time, the gc-100 doesn't.

My question is how sticky is the hold. In general I'm perfectly content to have only one controller as I'll be buying an iPAD 1 to leave in the living room. Ther is no doubt that at some point my son will us that iPAD to look at some video, forget to put it back on the charger and it will go dead just when we are looking to watch a movie. In that situation, can we use an iPhone to control it? What is needed for the gc-100 to consider itself released?
post #6044 of 10015 Old 02-21-2012, 04:17 PM

So I'm going to control:

Panasonic BluRay
Oppo DVD (just for region free dvds)
Anthem mx-700 receiver
HTPC
Panasonic vt25 TV
I have a Sonos as well, but it doesn't seem like this needs control as I'll just switch the input on the receiver and go over to the Sonos App)

Seems that IR will be fine for the BluRay and DVD Players.
I'm thinking that RS232 will be useful for the mx-700, but I'm not particularly sure why I think this.
I was thinking IP control for the HTPC, though in some initial testing it's clear you really don't want the iDevice going to sleep as it seemed to stop working.
For the TV, I was thinking of just going IR to reduce the controller cost, but as with the receiver, wonder if RS232 would be better.

I'm I thinking in the right direction?

As with my previous post, I'll be embarrassed if this info is available with a search, but I couldn't find it.

Thanks,

Joe
post #6045 of 10015 Old 02-21-2012, 06:38 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by photobadger View Post

If this can be found with a search I apolgize. I've looked but cannot find.

So I get the difference between the itach and the GC-100. itach handles multiple clients at the same time, the gc-100 doesn't.

My question is how sticky is the hold. In general I'm perfectly content to have only one controller as I'll be buying an iPAD 1 to leave in the living room. Ther is no doubt that at some point my son will us that iPAD to look at some video, forget to put it back on the charger and it will go dead just when we are looking to watch a movie. In that situation, can we use an iPhone to control it?

Here is a response from GC support after I asked them the same question:

Since the GC-100 is limited to only one TCP connection at any given time, we designed the units to allow for an existing connection to be stolen by a new incoming connection if the original connection remains inactive for a period of ten seconds. Only a connection which has remained inactive for ten seconds can be stolen. If you would like to work around this, some applications have a setting which forces the software to open and close the connection each time a command is sent, which might help you avoid the issue entirely.
post #6046 of 10015 Old 02-21-2012, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photobadger View Post

So I'm going to control:

Panasonic BluRay
Oppo DVD (just for region free dvds)
Anthem mx-700 receiver
HTPC
Panasonic vt25 TV
I have a Sonos as well, but it doesn't seem like this needs control as I'll just switch the input on the receiver and go over to the Sonos App)

Seems that IR will be fine for the BluRay and DVD Players.
I'm thinking that RS232 will be useful for the mx-700, but I'm not particularly sure why I think this.
I was thinking IP control for the HTPC, though in some initial testing it's clear you really don't want the iDevice going to sleep as it seemed to stop working.
For the TV, I was thinking of just going IR to reduce the controller cost, but as with the receiver, wonder if RS232 would be better.

I'm I thinking in the right direction?

As with my previous post, I'll be embarrassed if this info is available with a search, but I couldn't find it.

Thanks,

Joe

There used to be a real expert by the name of Barrie that posted here and he thought that unless you had a real need for feedback then ir was just fine. You can control at least six devices using one itach using ir. For me ir is fine so long as your devices have all the necessary discrete commands.

You did not say what you do with your htpc. With mine I just use win7 media enter for tv, dvr and such and mcecontroller works great.

Don't underestimate the time commitment irule will take if you are at all particular about what your panels and pages look like and display. Would hazard a guess that it's a 20-40 hour minimum commitment.
post #6047 of 10015 Old 02-22-2012, 05:53 AM

Hi, could anyone please tell me if it's possible to copy/cut an image in iRulebuilder library, and then insert/paste it in a separate photo editor?
I know I can download some pics from the download section, but far from all are available in there.

kindly
Jan
post #6048 of 10015 Old 02-22-2012, 05:57 AM

I have yet to figure out how to do that myself. What image do you need... Maybe I can help you
post #6049 of 10015 Old 02-22-2012, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsills1 View Post

I have yet to figure out how to do that myself. What image do you need... Maybe I can help you

Thx buddy, it's no particular, just wanted to know if it's possible, because there're significant more pics to "play with" in the builder library.
It would have been nice if there was a way to modify pics IN the builder....
Thx :-)

kindly
Jan
post #6050 of 10015 Old 02-22-2012, 06:12 AM

check out my pics... John's Industrial
post #6051 of 10015 Old 02-22-2012, 06:36 AM

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by runnernorth View Post

Thx buddy, it's no particular, just wanted to know if it's possible, because there're significant more pics to "play with" in the builder library.
It would have been nice if there was a way to modify pics IN the builder....
Thx :-)

there's no way to modify pics within the builder, and there's no way to download an entire library, but you can download pics individually from any of the libraries available in the builder. the key is that you have to do it when you're browsing available libraries, not browsing the libraries you've imported.

in the images panel of the builder, go to actions, then to browse image libraries. find the library you want, then click the little eyeball to show the images in the library. from there you can drag and drop one image at a time to your desktop or anywhere else on your pc. be aware though that every image you download will automatically be named "downloadedimage.png". so you have to rename in between downloads or else the new one overwrites the one you did previous.

post #6052 of 10015 Old 02-22-2012, 08:09 AM

Quote:

Woow, I'm impressed, NICE work!!
Thx for sharing with us!

kindly
Jan
post #6053 of 10015 Old 02-22-2012, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by absolootbs View Post

there's no way to modify pics within the builder, and there's no way to download an entire library, but you can download pics individually from any of the libraries available in the builder. the key is that you have to do it when you're browsing available libraries, not browsing the libraries you've imported.

in the images panel of the builder, go to actions, then to browse image libraries. find the library you want, then click the little eyeball to show the images in the library. from there you can drag and drop one image at a time to your desktop or anywhere else on your pc. be aware though that every image you download will automatically be named "downloadedimage.png". so you have to rename in between downloads or else the new one overwrites the one you did previous.

Thx, that was VERY useable. Nice to have an experienced "iRuler" to guide you when needed, thx

kindly
Jan
post #6054 of 10015 Old 02-22-2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:

Plus 1 to this!
post #6055 of 10015 Old 02-22-2012, 10:12 PM

Quote:

Can you post in the "irule remote pictures" thread in the avsforum?
post #6056 of 10015 Old 02-22-2012, 10:15 PM

I already did a while back

I'm working on some new buttons now.... I will post when I'm done. Until then, you can check them out on iRule images. John's Caution
post #6057 of 10015 Old 02-23-2012, 07:13 AM

John,
Would it be possible to add a "Power On" button set in green. The current set includes 3 sizes of blue.
post #6058 of 10015 Old 02-23-2012, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNPalmer View Post

John,
Would it be possible to add a "Power On" button set in green. The current set includes 3 sizes of blue.

Sure, I can handle that for you

DONE!!!!!!

Look at the bottom
post #6059 of 10015 Old 02-23-2012, 10:40 AM

Quote:

Sure, I can handle that for you

DONE!!!!!!

Look at the bottom

"John's caution" disappeared in the library, I can't find them any more...
:-/

kindly
Jan
post #6060 of 10015 Old 02-23-2012, 10:46 AM

When looking at the download site, there're some interfaces, appearing as UI.irl files, how does this work, when I've downloaded it, then what? Is it supposed to be uploaded directly in the builder library once it downloaded to the computer??

kindly
Jan
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr 3311ci Receiver , Sharp Aquos , Lcd Hdtv , Receivers Amplifiers , Philips Pronto Tsu7000 The Intelligent Remote Control For Home Theater
Gear in this thread - Tsu7000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page