iRule - Page 203 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #6061 of 9978 Old 02-23-2012, 10:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm pretty sure that you have to click on the panels drop down and click restore and browse to that irl file
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6062 of 9978 Old 02-23-2012, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsills1 View Post

I'm pretty sure that you have to click on the panels drop down and click restore and browse to that irl file

Once again, THX, sorry I'm such a newbie, but I'm improving all the time;-)
Btw , do you know where I can read about "how to use/build with the enlightened buttons"??
I've searched, but not found any info yet...:-/

kindly
Jan
post #6063 of 9978 Old 02-23-2012, 11:13 AM

sorry, I haven't heard of enlightened buttons What is it exactly
post #6064 of 9978 Old 02-23-2012, 11:55 AM

Quote:

sorry, I haven't heard of enlightened buttons What is it exactly

Maybe I'm wrong, but aren't the buttons with the blue stripe in the side "enlightened" , to indicate the button is "active" ??

kindly
Jan
post #6065 of 9978 Old 02-23-2012, 01:59 PM

Ok, I think I know what you are talking about now.....

When you create a panel, make sure that if it is linked with a button, just simply put the button with the blue "Enlightened" for that panel...

For example.... I have a few different panels that I use....

My XBMC panel has the XBMC Link button with the enlightened version for that panel and so on and so forth. There is not way as of yet to have a button change from one to another dependent upon status of a piece of equipment.

You fool the user into believing that the button is changing when he/she clicks to activate a panel.

I hope that is what you were talking about
post #6066 of 9978 Old 02-23-2012, 02:23 PM

Quote:

Ok, I think I know what you are talking about now.....

When you create a panel, make sure that if it is linked with a button, just simply put the button with the blue "Enlightened" for that panel...

For example.... I have a few different panels that I use....

My XBMC panel has the XBMC Link button with the enlightened version for that panel and so on and so forth. There is not way as of yet to have a button change from one to another dependent upon status of a piece of equipment.

You fool the user into believing that the button is changing when he/she clicks to activate a panel.

I hope that is what you were talking about

Exactly, thx for your explanation- I'll have to try it, to figure out exactly how to do it... Sounds simple the way you explains it:-)
Thx :-)

kindly
Jan
post #6067 of 9978 Old 02-23-2012, 02:32 PM

Glad I could help
post #6068 of 9978 Old 02-24-2012, 09:34 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by heffneil View Post

Guys I don't know if I am the only one and I kinda hope I am because I am such a big fan of iRule but is anyone having issues with Gateways and their data becoming corrupt? I have a lot of devices in my setups and I have noticed that a lot of the network device go back to defaulting to 192.168.1.70 and no port number. Also I just noticed my itach didn't have ANY of the devices associated with them.

I sent an email to these guys months ago and really there was no resolution. Today they replied with we would need your account info to login and test on an ipad. No way in the world that I can share that information with them as - foolishly as it is now - it is associated with my primary email account.
I was getting a corrupt data. This was all when I was only using ONE ipad and now I am using multiple so it seems like a bigger mess. I restored from another device but things are just plain broken. Now I have to sit down and figure all this crap out AGAIN. SO SO SO SO SO SO frustrated

If you are having any trouble with gateways please let me/us know because I think there is a problem here and I would like to get people to help reproduce it so the iRule folks don't think I am crazy - which I am.

Thanks!

Neil

Turns out the corruption issue was me trying to make my device names and gateway names the same and I copied a & in the name and that corrupted just about everything. Anyway they said it is a bug they will fix so that is good. I had to transfer my license to a new gmail account for the diagnostics but that is ok.

Has anyone noticed or thought the traffic on this thread slowed down lately? People getting ready for spring and going (gulp) outside?!

Neil
post #6069 of 9978 Old 02-24-2012, 07:51 PM

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by heffneil View Post

Turns out the corruption issue was me trying to make my device names and gateway names the same and I copied a & in the name and that corrupted just about everything. Anyway they said it is a bug they will fix so that is good. I had to transfer my license to a new gmail account for the diagnostics but that is ok.

Has anyone noticed or thought the traffic on this thread slowed down lately? People getting ready for spring and going (gulp) outside?!

Neil

More people are going to irulecommunity.com

Alex
post #6070 of 9978 Old 02-26-2012, 11:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I admit I'm a geezer. I have never used an iphone or android device.
I purchased a samsung galaxy player (not phone) specifically to use as a remote with irule.
I set up the galaxy player (I think). It has wireless connection and said that it synch'ed. I can check e-mail and do websearches, etc.

I purchased a gc-100-6 (hopefully in shipment) and the $49 irule package.
On the irule site there is a link for ipad and iphone apps, but I don't see a link for android devices.
Could someone please help me find the android irule app.

Tom

"You can have my remote when you pry it from my cold dead fingers" tngiloy
Anthem D2v;Anthem A5;Golden Ear Aon3,SuperCenter XL,SuperSat3;SVS SB13 Plus x 2;Oppo BDP-103D;Ayre CX-7eMP;Panasonic plasma; Dish Hopper;PS Audio Power Plant 5- Subject to change without prior notification.
post #6071 of 9978 Old 02-26-2012, 11:30 AM

You have to download it from the android market or from the following link

http://www.iruleathome.com/support/downloads.html
post #6072 of 9978 Old 02-26-2012, 11:41 AM
Advanced Member

Thanks for the quick reply.
Got that now.

I'll probably be back here with more questions.

Tom

"You can have my remote when you pry it from my cold dead fingers" tngiloy
Anthem D2v;Anthem A5;Golden Ear Aon3,SuperCenter XL,SuperSat3;SVS SB13 Plus x 2;Oppo BDP-103D;Ayre CX-7eMP;Panasonic plasma; Dish Hopper;PS Audio Power Plant 5- Subject to change without prior notification.
post #6073 of 9978 Old 02-26-2012, 12:51 PM

I am looking at iRule to possible purchase, but have a question about the gateways. Their compatable devices chart shows iTach and GC100 models. The connections are 1 with GC100's, which I do not want. Therefore, I would likely want th iTach. Looks like I'd need several since only 3 IR per device. However, there is a column labelled "I/O" on their chart, what does that refer to that GC100 can do but iTach can not? GC100 has 2, iTach 0.
post #6074 of 9978 Old 02-26-2012, 01:32 PM

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfatula View Post

I am looking at iRule to possible purchase, but have a question about the gateways. Their compatable devices chart shows iTach and GC100 models. The connections are 1 with GC100's, which I do not want. Therefore, I would likely want th iTach. Looks like I'd need several since only 3 IR per device. However, there is a column labelled "I/O" on their chart, what does that refer to that GC100 can do but iTach can not? GC100 has 2, iTach 0.

i believe thats referring to contact closure relays. notice that not all the gc-100s are listed as 2. the gc-100-6 is listed as 0, with the 12 and the 18 listed as 2. that is in keeping with the number of relays on those devices, and relays are the only things other than ir and rs232 that the global cache devices have.

also, note that just because there are only 3 ir outputs, doesn't necessarily mean you're limited to controlling 3 devices. using double or triple head emitters, you can really control up to 9 devices with emitters. and if you throw a blaster in the mix, even more than that.

post #6075 of 9978 Old 02-27-2012, 07:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Does anyone have a set of codes for the Marantz PM-6010 amplifier?
post #6076 of 9978 Old 02-27-2012, 07:44 AM

Quote:

Sure, I can handle that for you

DONE!!!!!!

Look at the bottom

As always, much appreciation to the comunity and response from members like John.

Couldn't figure out that I had to re-import the library to see the new images...

iRule ProTip #23: When a User Image library is updated, you must re-import said User Image library back into your Saved Libraries to see the updated changes.
post #6077 of 9978 Old 02-28-2012, 08:17 AM

Do you guys think iRule will ever be 'power state aware'?

I mean like my Logitech Harmony, it knows which devices are in use and powers off the others when changing from ie. TV watching to Xbox gaming.

/Martin
post #6078 of 9978 Old 02-28-2012, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayla View Post

I mean like my Logitech Harmony, it knows which devices are in use and powers off the others when changing from ie. TV watching to Xbox gaming.

You might be able to query power state with feedback. The Logitech doesn't know the actual power state of your devices. It just remembers whether you powered on or off with the remote. If you/wife/kid turns something on or off manually the Logitech will off in its 'power state awareness.'
post #6079 of 9978 Old 02-28-2012, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayla View Post

So you could perform a similar function with iRule. For your source switching buttons to which you have a sequence assigned you can always add in a "power off" code for a device.

For example, if I want to switch from TV watching to my PS3, my "TV -> PS3" task button has an additional "power off" command for my cable box.

Of course this takes some specialized buttons depending on which "task" I'm currently in and then changing the mapped commands to the buttons accordingly.
post #6080 of 9978 Old 02-29-2012, 02:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Hi all,

The iRule Builder server will undergo scheduled maintenance today from 4:00PM - 5:30PM Pacific time. During that time, the database will be placed in a read-only mode. Syncing handsets should still operate, and the Builder may be accessible, but you will not be able to save any changes. We apologize for the late notice and for any inconvenience this may cause.

SC

I've got GAS: Gadget Acquisition Syndrome.
post #6081 of 9978 Old 03-03-2012, 02:28 PM

First of all, I've been trying to figure out the code on this web page....

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title...nerate_Actions

GetCurrentlyPlaying is the portion that I'm interested here. I am using iRule on my Motorola XOOM tablet to control my entire Home Theater System. I rule allows for you to have a panel with multiple buttons as well as URLs incorporated into it. I would like to draw from the getcurrentlyplaying command and insert the thumbnail for the movie into the panel on iRule. When I say panel, it's basically a page. iRule allows for many different panels so you can have command buttons for each type of equipment. I hope that makes sense.

I use this command line in iRule to query XBMC for the information.

xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=GetCurrentlyPlaying

iRule requires that you set up http Gateways which place the ip address and port number in front of the command.

The resulting command from iRule would be 192.168.1.x:8080/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=GetCurrentlyPlaying

Now, when I place that into an adress line on a computer in my network in a browser, it brings up all of the information about the movie I'm currently watching. The problem is, I do not know where XBMC stores the thumbnail on my computer. In addition, I do not know what format the command line needs to be to call up that thumbnail. For example, on the webpage I linked above, it says http://xbox/thumb.jpg is the correct format. I am guessing that I should adjust it to http://192.168.1.x:8080/thumb.jpg but I know that doesn't do what I need. If I knew where XBMC stores the nowplaying thumbnail, then could add to the command line.

In addition to these problems, I'm affraid that the .tbn image will not display on my tablet due to the fact that it isn't compatible with Android.

I'm sorry to be so long winded, but I'm totally lost.
post #6082 of 9978 Old 03-03-2012, 11:17 PM
Advanced Member

Is there a way that you could assign a button so say when your watching a Movie, that this could be pressed and the screen goes blank, then to bring the screen back on, a single tap with the finger on the screen?
post #6083 of 9978 Old 03-04-2012, 05:08 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicj1 View Post

Is there a way that you could assign a button so say when your watching a Movie, that this could be pressed and the screen goes blank, then to bring the screen back on, a single tap with the finger on the screen?

Not on an iDevice. What tablet/phone are you using? An iDevice has to be jailbroken and the Cydia "ScreenDimmer" app installed.
post #6084 of 9978 Old 03-04-2012, 05:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mborner View Post

Not on an iDevice. What tablet/phone are you using? An iDevice has to be jailbroken and the Cydia "ScreenDimmer" app installed.

I'm using an ipad 1st gen and an ipod touch 1st gen.

My ipad is jail broken, I will look into this, thanks
post #6085 of 9978 Old 03-04-2012, 07:56 AM
Scott Horton, techht.com

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:

I have no problem doing that. Can you describe how the screendimmer app can interface with iRule if installed?
post #6086 of 9978 Old 03-04-2012, 02:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetGray View Post

I have no problem doing that. Can you describe how the screendimmer app can interface with iRule if installed?

ScreenDimmer doesn't interface with iRule, it interfaces with the iOS operating system. When left alone for a predetermined period of time, the iOS screen will go black, and will come back on again when the device senses motion or when the screen is touched. Don't confuse this with sleep. The i device does not go to sleep, the screen just goes black (or dim, you decide) maintaining a gateway connection at all times. When the screen comes back, there's no slide lock because the device wasn't sleeping. This is for iOS 4 and older. I don't know yet if they've developed a jailbreak for iOS 5.
post #6087 of 9978 Old 03-04-2012, 03:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:

ScreenDimmer doesn't interface with iRule, it interfaces with the iOS operating system. When left alone for a predetermined period of time, the iOS screen will go black, and will come back on again when the device senses motion or when the screen is touched. Don't confuse this with sleep. The i device does not go to sleep, the screen just goes black (or dim, you decide) maintaining a gateway connection at all times. When the screen comes back, there's no slide lock because the device wasn't sleeping. This is for iOS 4 and older. I don't know yet if they've developed a jailbreak for iOS 5.

ScreenDimmer works fine on my iOS 5.x jailbroken Touch and iPad2.

(I just do not understand why Apple decided not to include such basic feature like a screensaver in their OS.)
_____
Axel

post #6088 of 9978 Old 03-04-2012, 04:41 PM
Scott Horton, techht.com

Thanks guys. Not to stray too far OT, soes the ScreenDimmer just display a black screen, or is it actually turning off the screen like the sleep mode? If it's just "painting" a black screen, then it won't have the battery advantage of "screen off", and I expect it won't really look black in my 100% light controlled theater. I've never checked the black floor on the iPhone/pad .

Based on what mborner commented "(or dim, you decide)", I'm expecting the worse.
post #6089 of 9978 Old 03-04-2012, 05:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
ScreenDimmer turns the display off.
____
Axel

post #6090 of 9978 Old 03-04-2012, 07:46 PM
Scott Horton, techht.com

Excellent, thank you.
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr 3311ci Receiver , Sharp Aquos , Lcd Hdtv , Receivers Amplifiers , Philips Pronto Tsu7000 The Intelligent Remote Control For Home Theater
Gear in this thread - Tsu7000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page