Forum Jump: 

post #6211 of 10014 Old 03-26-2012, 05:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydus View Post

Using an ipad that is where the "hide navigation bar" property is set to "yes" there's a little arrow pointing to the left in the bottom left hand corner of the ipad page. Anyone have any idea what that is for or indicates?

Back button if you have no navigation elements defined.

Alex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6212 of 10014 Old 03-26-2012, 10:54 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Any way that I can use the iTunes module to control a computer running iTunes, not on my local network?

I have a remote iTunes that I stream from.

/Martin
post #6213 of 10014 Old 03-26-2012, 03:05 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey guys, new to iRule here and just have a quick question and request.

How do you make your own channel logos and import them into the builder?

I basically need two channel logos from direcTV that are missing from the iRule image library.

1. Nat Geo Wild
2. The History Channel 2 (H2)

If anybody has the extra time, and it's too much trouble, I would greatly appreciate if somebody can add those logos on the default black buttons.

Thank You
post #6214 of 10014 Old 03-26-2012, 04:34 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by John V. View Post

Hey guys, new to iRule here and just have a quick question and request.

How do you make your own channel logos and import them into the builder?

I basically need two channel logos from direcTV that are missing from the iRule image library.

1. Nat Geo Wild
2. The History Channel 2 (H2)

If anybody has the extra time, and it's too much trouble, I would greatly appreciate if somebody can add those logos on the default black buttons.

Thank You

Will these work? If you like them, PM me your email address and I'll send you the .png files.
Attachment 241756

Attachment 241757
LL
LL
post #6215 of 10014 Old 03-26-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mborner View Post

Will these work? If you like them, PM me your email address and I'll send you the .png files.
Attachment 241756

Attachment 241757

Those are perfect!! Thank You

PM sent.
post #6216 of 10014 Old 03-26-2012, 07:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:

in the builder scroll down so that you can see the bottom of you landscapte page. You should see a dropdown that will give you choices of "All layers", "foregroudn" and "background". Select "background" and then just click on the page and hit the delete button. You will delete the background image only. Then just drag another background image onto the page.

You don't. Every time you interact with a physical device (e.g. TV, AVR, DVD player) you do so through a gateway. In the case of physical devices that you interact with using IR the gateway will always be the IP2IR unit. in the case of the DTV receiver you will interact with it using a gateway taht you will create. The gateway will be the direct tv unit itself - it will be either a network gateway or an http gateway - I am not sure which one as I don't have one myself.. Hope that makes sense

I think you have to be a pro user to do this. In the builder click on the "Browse" menu in the top left hand cornera and select "panels".

Perhaps check remote central.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecrabb View Post

Ah, I know why you're confused... There are actually two devices for DirecTV IP control... One contains all the channels. The other contains all the commands (as in the IR devices). If you search for vendor "DirecTV", the first is "DirecTV All Channels HTTP". If you scroll all the way to the bottom of the list, the one you want is "DirecTV Satellite HTTP".

It would be helpful if those two devices were listed together in the Builder device list.

SC

Thanks for the feedback guys. Much appreciated!

One point of clarification on the IP devices though... are you implying it will converse automatically w/ the iPad or must I go into the iPad to define every IP conversation as a "gateway"?

Kevin

You only live once, but if you live it right, once is enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6217 of 10014 Old 03-26-2012, 08:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Also just a quickie on source buttons...

1) How do I make my own blank brushed both On & Off for my legacy devices (can they be exported from builder)?
2) How do I drag these on to my Home page for both On & Off (is it an overlay definition or something)?

Thanks!

Kevin

post #6218 of 10014 Old 03-27-2012, 04:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krichter1 View Post

Also just a quickie on source buttons...

1) How do I make my own blank brushed both On & Off for my legacy devices (can they be exported from builder)?
2) How do I drag these on to my Home page for both On & Off (is it an overlay definition or something)?

Thanks!

Kevin, the blank brushed buttons are in the builder. They can only be saved to your computer while viewing them. In the iRule tab of browse image libraries, leave the look for field blank and then click search. This will bring up all of iRules default libraries. You'll see the brushed buttons without having to scroll down. View the gallery by clicking on the eye icon on the right. If you find a gallery you like, check the box to the left and click import. The buttons will now appear in your own gallery. If you want to save a particular button to your computer for editing purposes, click the eye icon to view, then drag the desired button to your computer.
post #6219 of 10014 Old 03-27-2012, 04:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thanks for the feedback guys. Much appreciated!

One point of clarification on the IP devices though... are you implying it will converse automatically w/ the iPad or must I go into the iPad to define every IP conversation as a "gateway"?

Every IP device has to be defined in the iRule app on the iPad. When you press the "panels" button at the top left of the iRule app, you are presented with options on the bottom. Pressing on the "gateways" button will bring up a screen in which to set up any and all gateways. Not sure what you mean by "conversion"
post #6220 of 10014 Old 03-27-2012, 06:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Kevin, the blank brushed buttons are in the builder. They can only be saved to your computer while viewing them. In the iRule tab of “browse image libraries”, leave the “look for” field blank and then click search. This will bring up all of iRules default libraries. You’ll see the brushed buttons without having to scroll down. View the gallery by clicking on the “eye” icon on the right. If you find a gallery you like, check the box to the left and click import. The buttons will now appear in your own gallery. If you want to save a particular button to your computer for editing purposes, click the “eye” icon to view, then drag the desired button to your computer.

Outstanding, thanks!

iRule support told me something similar... to open my images on the right and expand =>Source iPad Stainless and left mouse drag to my desktop but that didn't work. Could it be because I'm on a Mac and if so is there a different process for Safari?

Another thing I can't seem to figure out with Source buttons on my Home screen is how to configure them so they show the "On" button when the source is active or is that done simply by using that "active" source button link on each individual device page? Hope that makes sense??

Also is there a consensus when using a default landscape page layout in terms of where you all work out of? Meaning I see a 'Home', 'Activity' but then below I also see 'Watch Movie' and 'Watch TV' along w/ 'Lighting'. Do most of you scratch all those and just work out of the Home area for initial screen load (selecting it as homepage=yes)?

Kevin

post #6221 of 10014 Old 03-27-2012, 06:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Outstanding, thanks!

iRule support told me something similar... to open my images on the right and expand =>Source iPad Stainless and left mouse drag to my desktop but that didn't work. Could it be because I'm on a Mac and if so is there a different process for Safari?

Another thing I can't seem to figure out with Source buttons on my Home screen is how to configure them so they show the "On" button when the source is active or is that done simply by using that "active" source button link on each individual device page? Hope that makes sense??

Also is there a consensus when using a default landscape page layout in terms of where you all work out of? Meaning I see a 'Home', 'Activity' but then below I also see 'Watch Movie' and 'Watch TV' along w/ 'Lighting'. Do most of you scratch all those and just work out of the Home area for initial screen load (selecting it as homepage=yes)?

On my own personal UI, I have all of my source buttons along the left side of every single page. None of my source buttons contain any commands, they are links only. Each source button links to its corresponding control page. I do it this way because no matter where I'm at in my UI, I have instant access to any of my devices without having to navigate to a different page.
A quick run down on "lit" or "active" source buttons;
You have to have both lit and unlit buttons in your gallery for each source. You place the lit button only on the page in which the button represents, all other buttons are to be un-lit. For example, the Denon control page will be the only page which contains the lit Denon button. On all other pages, you will use the non-lit Denon button. This goes the same for all of your source buttons.
When my iRule app is opened, it opens to my DVR control page as this is the same page that I use to power on my receiver, TV, and DVR. It's the page that I use 99% of the time. My home page is my activities page. This is where I tell iRule what I want to do. This is the page that contains all of my activity macros.
post #6222 of 10014 Old 03-27-2012, 07:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Makes sense thank MB!

I just have to figure out how to move those blank brushed alum. source buttons on to my Mac desktop now.... anyone know?

Kevin

post #6223 of 10014 Old 03-27-2012, 08:45 AM

Liked: 15
If i have my iTunes directory on a NAS storage, and the iTunes installed on my PC simply connects to that. If I purchase iTunes Module for iRule, can I simply connect that to my NAS and bypass the iTunes on my PC ???

I'm trying to keep my iTunes library/directory on the NAS, so I can access it using any device....

HELP. Thx

post #6224 of 10014 Old 03-27-2012, 09:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:

Makes sense thank MB!

I just have to figure out how to move those blank brushed alum. source buttons on to my Mac desktop now.... anyone know?

Doesn't irule have them in the dl section on their webpage? I know they have others? U. An also email them and they can send em to u in png format to edit?
post #6225 of 10014 Old 03-27-2012, 09:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosdude View Post

If i have my iTunes directory on a NAS storage, and the iTunes installed on my PC simply connects to that. If I purchase iTunes Module for iRule, can I simply connect that to my NAS and bypass the iTunes on my PC ???

I'm trying to keep my iTunes library/directory on the NAS, so I can access it using any device....

HELP. Thx

Oh that would be nice cause then u don't need anything up and running. I can try that tonight or I'll drop itai an email. Let me know if u find out. I'm thinking u need the computer up and running with iTunes cause u have to be able to put the access code in for it to connect. I know u only do this once but that is in iTunes.
post #6226 of 10014 Old 03-27-2012, 10:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Makes sense thank MB!

Kevin, I explained how to do that in post #6218
post #6227 of 10014 Old 03-27-2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimim View Post

Oh that would be nice cause then u don't need anything up and running. I can try that tonight or I'll drop itai an email. Let me know if u find out. I'm thinking u need the computer up and running with iTunes cause u have to be able to put the access code in for it to connect. I know u only do this once but that is in iTunes.

Cool. Thanks for testing it tonight. Let us know how it turns out. It would definitely be awesome if it works.

post #6228 of 10014 Old 03-27-2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:

Especially if the iTunes Gateway settings simply requires the iTunes folder location. I don't have the iTunes module downloaded yet, so I dont know what the settings are looking for.

post #6229 of 10014 Old 03-27-2012, 01:11 PM

Liked: 32
Quote:

This method does not work for me, on Windows 7, tried with Internet Explorer and Firefox, tried dragging from the Images section and from the search image library section, neither work.

Any other thoughts?

Marantz AV8801 / Rotel 2x RMB-1095 / RMB-1090 / Yamaha P7000S / Velodyne SMS-1 / DTech BP2000TL / DTech C/L/R 3000 / 4x - DTech BPVX/P Surrounds / DTech SM55 Heights / DTech SM65 Wides / SVS PB13 Ultra / 2x Buttkicker LFE / PTAE-8000U / Globalcache, iRule & Insteon.

post #6230 of 10014 Old 03-27-2012, 01:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks MB. It just doesn't work that way on a Mac (iRule spt confirmed it this morning). I get your well explained post but it didn't work. I opened it up at work using IE and was able to save them to my dektop then email to my account so I'm good now!

Kevin

post #6231 of 10014 Old 03-27-2012, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:

The concept is that the iRule iTunes module connects to a computer that is running iTunes. The module only works as a remote control for iTunes. It works very similar to Apple's own Remote app, with the big advantage/difference that the module is fully integrated with iRule.

____
Axel

post #6232 of 10014 Old 03-27-2012, 02:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosdude View Post

HELP. Thx

You can't. You have to use iTunes because that is how the gateway is paired.

Alex
post #6233 of 10014 Old 03-27-2012, 05:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post

The concept is that the iRule iTunes module connects to a computer that is running iTunes. The module only works as a remote control for iTunes. It works very similar to Apple's own Remote app, with the big advantage/difference that the module is fully integrated with iRule.

____
Axel

well there's the answer. just like i thought cause of the pairing with the passcode. i figured but who knew. . . all is good though. i have been using the module for a few days now. my nuvo music port crapped out and i'm waiting for the replacement so i have been spending some time using the module. it's really nice. i do miss pandora and spotify though!
post #6234 of 10014 Old 03-27-2012, 06:33 PM

Quote:

well there's the answer. just like i thought cause of the pairing with the passcode. i figured but who knew. . . all is good though. i have been using the module for a few days now. my nuvo music port crapped out and i'm waiting for the replacement so i have been spending some time using the module. it's really nice. i do miss pandora and spotify though!

Bummer......... Thanks guys.

post #6235 of 10014 Old 03-27-2012, 09:28 PM

I am having a hard time figuring out how to use the itunes module to play my itunes library (called "Pamela's library" in the attached screenshot) of mp3s on my apple tv. I can do it using the apple remote app but not iwth the itunes module in the irule app. I can control itunes on my home pc using the itunes app i.e. get it to play songs on my home pc but that only outputs sound to my home pc and I want to output sound to my apple tv using the itunes module.

Someone suggested that the device in my itunes gateway needs to be my home pc but when i pull from the list of devices all I see are already don't see a home pc and I have not created a device for my home pc.

Below are screenshots of my itunes module gateway:

And the panel that contains the itunes module on my ipad:
LL
LL
post #6236 of 10014 Old 03-27-2012, 11:27 PM

All of my gestures (which use to work flawlessly) are becoming very unreliable after the update. Half of the gestures still work fine, but the other half (mostly the two finger commands) only work once out of 20 tries. The only thing I have changed was updating the app on both my iPad1 and iPhone4. Gestures on my iPad is set up with a link on my Cable Panel that goes to a separate panel with only 1 page (and yes gestures is enabled on this 1 page). On the iPhone they're set up on the Cable Panel and enabled only on the 1 landscape page.

Any ideas on what's up here? These had been working absolutely flawlessly for over a year. Did the update do something I'm not aware of?

Thanks in advance.

-Wes
post #6237 of 10014 Old 03-28-2012, 04:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I am having a hard time figuring out how to use the itunes module to play my itunes library (called "Pamela's library" in the attached screenshot) of mp3s on my apple tv. I can do it using the apple remote app but not iwth the itunes module in the irule app. I can control itunes on my home pc using the itunes app i.e. get it to play songs on my home pc but that only outputs sound to my home pc and I want to output sound to my apple tv using the itunes module.

Someone suggested that the device in my itunes gateway needs to be my home pc but when i pull from the list of devices all I see are already don't see a home pc and I have not created a device for my home pc.

This might help. You need to turn on your speakers in the module.
post #6238 of 10014 Old 03-28-2012, 05:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

In the module bottom right corner did u select the proper speaker output meaning computer vs appletv?
post #6239 of 10014 Old 03-28-2012, 05:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

This might help. You need to turn on your speakers in the module.

Sorry didn't read far enough. What he said! Lol
post #6240 of 10014 Old 03-28-2012, 07:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Sorry just the newbie pest again . . .

So how do you guys handle your source flow if you have more than 7 devices you need to control? I was bummed to see that the left side for where you place your sources is static. I was hoping it would have it's own scrolling section up and down to show all your devices on one page.

As usual... Thanks guys (this thread has been great)!

Kevin

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr 3311ci Receiver , Sharp Aquos , Lcd Hdtv , Receivers Amplifiers , Philips Pronto Tsu7000 The Intelligent Remote Control For Home Theater
Gear in this thread - Tsu7000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page