post #6271 of 9968 Old 03-30-2012, 01:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirBenji View Post

I got an email from iRule support this morning (those guys are great) and they said the same thing. The device is a Runco LS-5 projector. They offered to contact Runco for me, but I'm going to try using iLearn first.

Thanks for your help!

Sure thing. I see in the manual it says it uses the NEC protocol and custom code 0x06F9. Looks like the first byte is the complement of the second. Converting to decimal, you get 6 and 249, then enter into the MakeHex program plus 1 for ON and 9 for OFF to generate the pronto hex, then import into iRule. I think learning would be easier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6272 of 9968 Old 03-30-2012, 02:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
@Jimim

Nice looking setup, and thanks for giving us some more ideas.
Looks like we had a similar design layout in mind for our home screens
post #6273 of 9968 Old 03-30-2012, 02:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by John V. View Post

@Jimim

Nice looking setup, and thanks for giving us some more ideas.
Looks like we had a similar design layout in mind for our home screens

Lol. R those ur buttons. I grabbed those the other day. Those r the few I didn't make myself that aren't in irules default. I liked those pics with the words. Thought they were nice.
post #6274 of 9968 Old 03-30-2012, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimim View Post

Lol. R those ur buttons. I grabbed those the other day. Those r the few I didn't make myself that aren't in irules default. I liked those pics with the words. Thought they were nice.

No, I don't have those kind of skills, unfortunately...I think those were made specifically for the iPhone, but thought they looked nice to signify the different rooms.
post #6275 of 9968 Old 03-30-2012, 03:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V. View Post

No, I don't have those kind of skills, unfortunately...I think those were made specifically for the iPhone, but thought they looked nice to signify the different rooms.

Lol me neither! I liked em too. I got to get my master bedroom setup going next.
post #6276 of 9968 Old 03-30-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mborner View Post

In the page properties of each page, select "enable motions" = "yes"

That setting enables page motions (commands that execute when you move the ipad left, right, up or down), not navigational transitions between different panels...

Quote:
Originally Posted by absolootbs View Post

are you sure this is correct? i haven't tinkered with it, so i can't say it's not... but i thought the enable motions (which has been there since before this update) enabled the use of the accelerometer for executing commands (the commands that you assign in the "motions" section of the panel), just as the "enable gestures" is what enables the use of swiping and tapping for executing the commands that you assign in the "gestures" section of the panel.

Yup, that's not it. It looks like they just removed the slide transition between panels without giving users the option.
post #6277 of 9968 Old 03-30-2012, 06:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
@Jimim,

I noticed the sliding volume control you had. I wasn't aware that was available. How does that get integrated?
post #6278 of 9968 Old 03-30-2012, 07:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phy88 View Post

That setting enables page motions (commands that execute when you move the ipad left, right, up or down), not navigational transitions between different panels...

Yup, that's not it. It looks like they just removed the slide transition between panels without giving users the option.

That's interesting. My page transitions with swipe still work like they always did from day one. Swipe left or right and the page slides with it. However, the new fade transitions seemed to work only after I changed "enable motions" to "yes", although, I cannot say for certain, that's what did it. Linking from page to page eliminates the slide transition but the slide transition is still available if you swipe. I'm on my iPad (1st Gen.) as we speak and I'm currently using swipe/slide transition as well as the new fade transition at the same time.
post #6279 of 9968 Old 03-31-2012, 09:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekkoville View Post

@Jimim,

I noticed the sliding volume control you had. I wasn't aware that was available. How does that get integrated?

That's part of the iTunes module. it slides for vol control of iTunes.

jim
post #6280 of 9968 Old 03-31-2012, 09:23 AM
AVS Special Member

feedback question:

for those who use feedback on a devon or onkyo or similar. how is pandora? i know u will be able to see what's playing on pandora but what about scrolling through ur list of artists to select which channel u want? is it possible if so what's it look like?

thanks,
jim
post #6281 of 9968 Old 03-31-2012, 11:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:

This would be one of my most desired features in iRule.

So I've decided after many trial and errors with multiple pages to support all my devices to start from scratch and redesign the stainless button in PS to a smaller version which now can support up to ten devices on one page.

One question though... how are you guys posting the whole source page images on this thread? My version of builder is too big to see the whole page and I don't see a 'right click' option to save the image.

Attached is a rudimentary 'Grab' from my Mac to see what you guys think of the design (I also created some blanks ON & OFF if anyone needs them).

Thanks!
LL

Kevin

You only live once, but if you live it right, once is enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Richter Family 3D Theater  

post #6282 of 9968 Old 04-01-2012, 05:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krichter1 View Post

So I've decided after many trial and errors with multiple pages to support all my devices to start from scratch and redesign the stainless button in PS to a smaller version which now can support up to ten devices on one page.

One question though... how are you guys posting the whole source page images on this thread? My version of builder is too big to see the whole page and I don't see a 'right click' option to save the image.

Attached is a rudimentary 'Grab' from my Mac to see what you guys think of the design (I also created some blanks ON & OFF if anyone needs them.

Thanks!

I take screen shots on the iPad and then upload em.
post #6283 of 9968 Old 04-01-2012, 05:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Looks good, Kevin.
post #6284 of 9968 Old 04-01-2012, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:

Quote:

Looks good, Kevin.

Ahh... thanks... much better!
LL

Kevin

You only live once, but if you live it right, once is enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Richter Family 3D Theater  

post #6285 of 9968 Old 04-01-2012, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ahh... thanks... much better!

looks real nice and clean. did u just change the pixel size in ps?

jim
post #6286 of 9968 Old 04-01-2012, 12:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 View Post

You can drag buttons or other images and save them as files, but not after you import them into Builder. You have to do it while browsing the image libraries. Preview the images in a library by pressing on the "eye" symbol, then drag an image from there to a folder.

(I never would have guessed that either, but someone posted the recipe here some time ago.)

This doesn't seem to work anymore? Has something changed in Irule Builder or with Chrome? I was able to do this a year ago.

Glimmie's HT Page
Being redone - comming soon!

post #6287 of 9968 Old 04-01-2012, 01:43 PM

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glimmie View Post

This doesn't seem to work anymore? Has something changed in Irule Builder or with Chrome? I was able to do this a year ago.

I think you can now only do it in Internet Explorer.

Alex
post #6288 of 9968 Old 04-01-2012, 02:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by osupike99 View Post

I think you can now only do it in Internet Explorer.

Alex

But Irule isn't compatible with IE. When you got to it, a message comes up first warning you that IE is not compatible with Irule. If you ignore it and continue you next get the "script is not responding" message. Killing that stops all further Irule Builder page activity.

What changed with Chrome? This was an important feature for building buttons.

Glimmie's HT Page

post #6289 of 9968 Old 04-01-2012, 07:20 PM

Liked: 18
Quote:

But Irule isn't compatible with IE. When you got to it, a message comes up first warning you that IE is not compatible with Irule. If you ignore it and continue you next get the "script is not responding" message. Killing that stops all further Irule Builder page activity.

What changed with Chrome? This was an important feature for building buttons.

IE9 is compatible.
No idea what changed. I just know what still works.

Alex
post #6290 of 9968 Old 04-02-2012, 03:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

It won't work for me in Chrome or IE. Don't know why they changed it, to me that feature was c r i t a c a l.
post #6291 of 9968 Old 04-02-2012, 05:52 AM

Liked: 12
I am having the same issue, have you emailed tech support?
post #6292 of 9968 Old 04-02-2012, 06:12 AM
AVS Special Member

My biggest problem right now is chrome loading time. It takes a good 1 min to load the page to get going and wen I save it takes 2 to 3 mins anymore?
post #6293 of 9968 Old 04-02-2012, 06:20 AM

Quote:

Attached is a rudimentary 'Grab' from my Mac to see what you guys think of the design (I also created some blanks ON & OFF if anyone needs them).

Thanks!

Kev,
Looks great for guys like us to use...but when your wife sits down by herself, what button(s) does she press to watch TV? That's why I designed my around activities. Adds 1 step but makes it idiot proof, still allows me to have access to all the source tweaking I want to do.
post #6294 of 9968 Old 04-02-2012, 06:38 AM

I recently added my Epson 8350 to iRule and used the "All Epson Projectors" shared device for codes, however, I have a concern over the power off code.

When I use the remote and press the power button, I am prompted on screen to confirm shutdown. I am then required to press the power button one more time. When using iRule the device shuts down immediately. This is no big deal, but I also think the projector fan would continue to run for a period when shutting down with the remote, which is not happening with iRule.

Has anyone else experienced something similar? Am I possibly using the wrong code?

Rob
post #6295 of 9968 Old 04-02-2012, 09:44 AM

Liked: 15
I need help with Feedback "starts with" and "ends with" commands; and any Query commands for Denon Receivers please.

Thanks
post #6296 of 9968 Old 04-02-2012, 11:21 AM

Dragging buttons from user library - broken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 View Post

You can drag buttons or other images and save them as files, but not after you import them into Builder. You have to do it while browsing the image libraries. Preview the images in a library by pressing on the "eye" symbol, then drag an image from there to a folder.

(I never would have guessed that either, but someone posted the recipe here some time ago.)

Quote:

Using Chrome last night: 1) Browse image library. 2) Click on "eye" to open up a view of the images. 3) Ctrl+click and drag an image to the desktop. 4) Open that file in PS. 5) Change and save 6) Open builder, image library, import image.
Jim
post #6297 of 9968 Old 04-02-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosdude View Post

I need help with Feedback "starts with" and "ends with" commands; and any Query commands for Denon Receivers please.

Thanks

My "starts with/ends with" is blank.
Jim
post #6298 of 9968 Old 04-02-2012, 11:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Clamage View Post

Dragging buttons from user library - broken?

Using Chrome last night: 1) Browse image library. 2) Click on "eye" to open up a view of the images. 3) Ctrl+click and drag an image to the desktop. 4) Open that file in PS. 5) Change and save 6) Open builder, image library, import image.
Jim

hmm, sure enough, this does work (chrome 17.0.963.83). never used to have to use ctrl before. now it appears to be necessary. whatever... as long as the functionality is there one way or another, thats all i care about.

post #6299 of 9968 Old 04-02-2012, 12:14 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhair View Post

Can someone provide me a really simple step-by-step on how to setup feedback for Denon AVRs? I have always controlled my AVR via tcp/ip. I just added iRule's feedback for Denon TCP/RS-232 and connected it to the device. Control still works just fine, but all of the feedbacks come back blank. I saw the tutorial on the iRule site but it wasn't really helpful. Based on that I've tried inserting 0x0D in the ends with and suffix areas of a bunch of the feedback config screens, but that didn't work either. I feel like I'm missing something basic here. HELP! :-)

EDIT: More tweaking (basically reverted everything to defaults) and I've finally figured out the problem (I think). Nothing is displayed until i make a change. In other words, I load up the page and until I turn the volume up or down, nothing is displayed for volume level. Until I change the source, nothing is displayed for source. Is this right???

Can you please tell me what command you have in your Entrance query. For example I had tv/getTuned for my DirecTV query as shown below:

post #6300 of 9968 Old 04-02-2012, 02:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by absolootbs View Post

hmm, sure enough, this does work (chrome 17.0.963.83). never used to have to use ctrl before. now it appears to be necessary. whatever... as long as the functionality is there one way or another, thats all i care about.

Yes, using Ctrl works for me too.

Thanks

Glimmie's HT Page

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr 3311ci Receiver , Sharp Aquos , Lcd Hdtv , Receivers Amplifiers , Philips Pronto Tsu7000 The Intelligent Remote Control For Home Theater
Gear in this thread - Tsu7000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page