post #6301 of 9954 Old 04-02-2012, 08:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimim View Post

looks real nice and clean. did u just change the pixel size in ps?

jim

Thanks Jim!

I tried a couple of different ways in PS but splitting into two segments and reassembling them with overlay worked best. You can see it's not perfect in the light to dark transition toward the bottom but I figured with the custom logos it would be acceptable. Turned out looking much better on the iPad than I thought it would. Having all ten devices on one page is so much better for me to navigate and thruth be told it doesn't feel squeezed at all (my fingers hit the right button each time).

Having 3 Sony BD changers was also a bit of a challenge but I came up with a transitional page of sorts allowing me to select which changer command set to control.

Here's my first crack at the changer panel control but I think it may need some tweaking although I'm fairly happy with the results.

All in all I am starting to feel a bit more comfortable in the builder but still have a ways to go to catch up with most of you. I ended up just creating all my landscape panels under the 'Main' section. Is that what most of you do? I'm struggling with the benefits of the 'Watch Movie' and 'Watch TV' sections. Why use them??

Also I set the 'Main' page to 'Home=Yes' but when I open iRule it doesn't go to that page by default. Why?
LL
LL

Kevin

You only live once, but if you live it right, once is enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Richter Family 3D Theater  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6302 of 9954 Old 04-02-2012, 09:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Clamage View Post

Kev,
Looks great for guys like us to use...but when your wife sits down by herself, what button(s) does she press to watch TV? That's why I designed my around activities. Adds 1 step but makes it idiot proof, still allows me to have access to all the source tweaking I want to do.

Yeah I hear ya. I looked around for some different designs but as of now I'm thinking of something like this.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...3#post21039713

Looks real clean and I actually like that iRule logo but can't seem to find it anywhere (suggestions?)

Oh and BTW - I have not had any performance issues using Mac Safari but as I mentioned last week, I;m also unable to drag to the desktop. iRule support said they confirmed this when I needed the chrome source blanks so they emailed them to me.

Kevin

post #6303 of 9954 Old 04-02-2012, 10:07 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Here is my work in progress!!

Any feedback is welcome

The second picture is the Movie controll and all layouts should have the short functions for light,sound,picture controll in the corners..

Best Regards
Rickard Sörlin
Sweden
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
post #6304 of 9954 Old 04-03-2012, 04:27 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichter1 View Post

Yeah I hear ya. I looked around for some different designs but as of now I'm thinking of something like this.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...3#post21039713

Looks real clean and I actually like that iRule logo but can't seem to find it anywhere (suggestions?)

Oh and BTW - I have not had any performance issues using Mac Safari but as I mentioned last week, I;m also unable to drag to the desktop. iRule support said they confirmed this when I needed the chrome source blanks so they emailed them to me.

Hi, Kevin. That is my UI. The iRule logo is (as is all of my graphics) shared in the builder, just do a search for "meowcat's" in the users tab. As mentioned above in another thread, it appears that iRule changed the procedure for saving files to your computer. It requires a "ctrl/click/drag now. give it a try. Thank you, Jim, for the tip, BTW.
post #6305 of 9954 Old 04-03-2012, 05:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by riso79 View Post

Here is my work in progress!!

Any feedback is welcome

The second picture is the Movie controll and all layouts should have the short functions for light,sound,picture controll in the corners..

Best Regards
Rickard Sörlin
Sweden

3rd pic of the house with lights and some detail cause it isn't english. . .what r u using. is it an embedded page cause it looks like it if so can u go into further detail re: control of the lights. what kind and what program to control or hardware.

really like the homepage. very cool!

jim
post #6306 of 9954 Old 04-03-2012, 06:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

3rd pic of the house with lights and some detail cause it isn't english. . .what r u using. is it an embedded page cause it looks like it if so can u go into further detail re: control of the lights. what kind and what program to control or hardware.

jim

Yes, and also, what program did you use to map out your 3-D floor plan?
post #6307 of 9954 Old 04-03-2012, 06:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mborner View Post

Yes, and also, what program did you use to map out your 3-D floor plan?

Looks like an embedded webapp so that would mean the app was what he used to do the floor plan I'm assuming.

I'm really interested in this layout even though I prob won't be able to use it cause I'm already knee deep in zwave! Lol
post #6308 of 9954 Old 04-03-2012, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hi, Kevin. That is my UI. The iRule logo is (as is all of my graphics) shared in the builder, just do a search for "meowcat's" in the users tab. As mentioned above in another thread, it appears that iRule changed the procedure for saving files to your computer. It requires a "ctrl/click/drag now. give it a try. Thank you, Jim, for the tip, BTW.

Oh I knew that MB. Just wanted you to know I thought it was one of the cleanest looking one's out there.

Any opinions on page layouts? Meaning do you use just the 'Main' section for your device panels?

Also is there any thread or link which talks about how to add TCP status' such as being able to see my Denon's volume level on the panels?

Thanks!

(Oh and the 'CTL+Click+Drag' works in Mac Safari as well!)

Kevin

post #6309 of 9954 Old 04-03-2012, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsills1 View Post

I'm pretty sure that you have to click on the panels drop down and click restore and browse to that irl file

It's regarding download of one of the default UI in the download section at iruleathome. Is this the only way to do this?- because when I've done that, I looses all my saved panels.....
Is there a way back, synchronising from i.e.. my iPhone to the builder?- because I still have my iPhone panel on the phone, but not in the builder....

kindly
Jan
post #6310 of 9954 Old 04-03-2012, 07:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Oh I knew that MB. Just wanted you to know I thought it was one of the cleanest looking one's out there.

Any opinions on page layouts? Meaning do you use just the 'Main' section for your device panels?

Also is there any thread or link which talks about how to add TCP status' such as being able to see my Denon's volume level on the panels?

Thanks!

(Oh and the 'CTL+Click+Drag' works in Mac Safari as well!)

Thanks for the compliment. I'll see if I can find a good iRule logo. I know the one on their website is a bit small but you might be able to incorporate it into your UI.
Unfortunately, I don't use feedback, so I'm afraid I won't be much help there.
post #6311 of 9954 Old 04-03-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:

That's interesting. My page transitions with swipe still work like they always did from day one. Swipe left or right and the page slides with it. However, the new fade transitions seemed to work only after I changed "enable motions" to "yes", although, I cannot say for certain, that's what did it. Linking from page to page eliminates the slide transition but the slide transition is still available if you swipe. I'm on my iPad (1st Gen.) as we speak and I'm currently using swipe/slide transition as well as the new fade transition at the same time.

Yes, slide transitions between pages within a panel still work (regardless if the 'enabled motions' setting is enabled or not) on my 2nd gen ipads. But I specifically mentioned the slide transitions between panels which no longer work, unfortunately. Btw, in your video, the slide transitions look terribly choppy. If that's typical for the original ipads then the developers need to fix it.
post #6312 of 9954 Old 04-03-2012, 09:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks for the compliment. I'll see if I can find a good iRule logo. I know the one on their website is a bit small but you might be able to incorporate it into your UI.
Unfortunately, I don't use feedback, so I'm afraid I won't be much help there.

Still a work in progress Mike but I think I'm getting there and thanks a ton for the help!
LL

Kevin

post #6313 of 9954 Old 04-04-2012, 03:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phy88 View Post

Yes, slide transitions between pages within a panel still work (regardless if the 'enabled motions' setting is enabled or not) on my 2nd gen ipads. But I specifically mentioned the slide transitions between panels which no longer work, unfortunately. Btw, in your video, the slide transitions look terribly choppy. If that's typical for the original ipads then the developers need to fix it.

Yes, I understand that, as I quoted;

"Linking from page to page eliminates the slide transition but the slide transition is still available if you swipe."

Swiping to slide between panels was never available in iRule, only from page to page within a panel. The sliding transition between panels had to be done with linking, not swiping. (unless, of course, you use gestures to create a link when swiping)

You are right about my slides being choppy. This came about when I did the 2.0 upgrade on a first generation iPad. I'm not sure the iPad has anything to do with it, as my iPhone 4s does the same thing. I would like to know what causes this and get it fixed. Anybody else have this issue?
post #6314 of 9954 Old 04-04-2012, 03:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Still a work in progress Mike but I think I'm getting there and thanks a ton for the help!

Coming together, looks nice.
post #6315 of 9954 Old 04-04-2012, 06:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

How did u make that logo! That's real cool!
post #6316 of 9954 Old 04-04-2012, 06:36 AM

Liked: 15
I updated to iTunes 10.6.1 yesterday, and since then, I could not pair my iRule iTunes Module. Prior to that everything works. This is what I get after I input the code in iTunes........... and nothing happens after that.

post #6317 of 9954 Old 04-04-2012, 07:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

How did u make that logo! That's real cool!

The iRule logo? It's shared in the builder. In the users tab, search for meowcat's
post #6318 of 9954 Old 04-04-2012, 08:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosdude View Post

I updated to iTunes 10.6.1 yesterday, and since then, I could not pair my iRule iTunes Module. Prior to that everything works. This is what I get after I input the code in iTunes........... and nothing happens after that.

Check u iTunes library location and reboot the machine and check it again. That happened to me. When u update iTunes sometimes it looses the iTunes location of its not the default location. So check reboot and check again.
post #6319 of 9954 Old 04-04-2012, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The iRule logo? It's shared in the builder. In the users tab, search for meowcat's

No the welcome to theatre logo in kritcher's setup. Sorry do like ur too!
post #6320 of 9954 Old 04-04-2012, 08:23 AM

Hi, I just wanted to know if it is possible to make some macro with the buttons of the itunes module. I was thinking on develope a scene playing a specific play list of itunes when I press one button, or simply integrate the forward button to a macro.
Thanks
post #6321 of 9954 Old 04-04-2012, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbarba83 View Post

Hi, I just wanted to know if it is possible to make some macro with the buttons of the itunes module. I was thinking on develope a scene playing a specific play list of itunes when I press one button, or simply integrate the forward button to a macro.
Thanks

Doubt it since the module is pretty much one command when added to the builder.

Plus u can't do that in iTunes so I doubt u could make it do thT with the module cause the module is pretty much just a remote for iTunes.
post #6322 of 9954 Old 04-04-2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:

Check u iTunes library location and reboot the machine and check it again. That happened to me. When u update iTunes sometimes it looses the iTunes location of its not the default location. So check reboot and check again.

Thanks jimim. I thought the same thing; reboot the PC; check the location, same results. I even went ahead and build a new Win7 PC, installed iTunes 10.6.1 and same result.

Wierd, isn't it?
post #6323 of 9954 Old 04-04-2012, 11:42 AM

Quote:

I ended up just creating all my landscape panels under the 'Main' section. Is that what most of you do? I'm struggling with the benefits of the 'Watch Movie' and 'Watch TV' sections. Why use them??

I split mine up into panels.
1) This is necessary if you ever need more than one page for control of one activity.
2) With many pages on one panel it would be easy to accidentally scroll faaar away from where you started
3) It allows you to create a familiar environment for each activity. You could have it so Page 1 is always your controls, and scrolling to Page 2 brings up your security cameras, and Page 3 is lighting, or whatever. It means duplicating the environment to every panel but saves you having to put shortcuts to cameras and lighting on every page, for example.

Quote:

Also I set the 'Main' page to 'Home=Yes' but when I open iRule it doesn't go to that page by default. Why?

You need to set the PANEL to home as well. Each panel has a home page it will go to when you click it from "Panels", but this setting tells iRule what panel to launch first
post #6324 of 9954 Old 04-04-2012, 12:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosdude View Post

Thanks jimim. I thought the same thing; reboot the PC; check the location, same results. I even went ahead and build a new Win7 PC, installed iTunes 10.6.1 and same result.

Wierd, isn't it?

can u connect to it via the remote app on a idevice? just wondering if it's rule or the library. if u can connect to the remote app i would think it's rule?

jimi
post #6325 of 9954 Old 04-04-2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:

jim

For Light control a i use a Telstick Duo usb adapter (RF tranciver/Reciver)
http://www.telldus.se/

conneted to my Qnap nas that is running running apache web server
and hosting HomeAutomation a php web page.
http://karpero.mine.nu/ha/

For light switches i use this rf recivers
http://www.nexa.se/System-Nexa.htm

For 3d floor rendering i use
http://www.sweethome3d.com/sv/index.jsp

The Nexa system is very cheap and easy to install
post #6326 of 9954 Old 04-04-2012, 12:35 PM

Quote:

can u connect to it via the remote app on a idevice? just wondering if it's rule or the library. if u can connect to the remote app i would think it's rule?

jimi

Other connections work with iTunes. I rebooted the iPad twice (yeah twice); and seems to do the trick. Now it's paired.

Thanks for your time jimim.
post #6327 of 9954 Old 04-04-2012, 12:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by riso79 View Post

For Light control a i use a Telstick Duo usb adapter (RF tranciver/Reciver)
http://www.telldus.se/

conneted to my Qnap nas that is running running apache web server
and hosting HomeAutomation a php web page.
http://karpero.mine.nu/ha/

For light switches i use this rf recivers
http://www.nexa.se/System-Nexa.htm

For 3d floor rendering i use
http://www.sweethome3d.com/sv/index.jsp

The Nexa system is very cheap and easy to install

Any info on the 3D floor plan software/web page you're using?
post #6328 of 9954 Old 04-04-2012, 01:24 PM

Liked: 12
I installed the iTunes module and it's working fine.

The issue I'm having is for users who aren't familiar with Airplay having to find the Airplay button, press it, and select the correct "speaker", in this case, my SC57 receiver.

Is there a way to launch the iTunes module and control the selection of the Airplay speaker so the user doesn't have to select it manually?

Or alternatively, is there a way to set the default Airplay speaker selection?

Thanks,
Clam
(aka Jim but there's so many Jim's now, I figured I'd change to avoid confusion).
post #6329 of 9954 Old 04-04-2012, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Clamage View Post

I installed the iTunes module and it's working fine.

The issue I'm having is for users who aren't familiar with Airplay having to find the Airplay button, press it, and select the correct "speaker", in this case, my SC57 receiver.

Is there a way to launch the iTunes module and control the selection of the Airplay speaker so the user doesn't have to select it manually?
Thanks,
Clam (aka Jim but there's so many Jim's now, I figured I'd change to avoid confusion).

Clam. Not sure if this is what u r asking but I have 2 air speakers. The computer And an airport express. I know iTunes always opens with the last one that was set to be used. 99 percent of the time the airport express. So with AirPlay speakers iTunes always defaults back to the computer speakers?
post #6330 of 9954 Old 04-04-2012, 01:47 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:

Clam. Not sure if this is what u r asking but I have 2 air speakers. The computer And an airport express. I know iTunes always opens with the last one that was set to be used. 99 percent of the time the airport express. So with AirPlay speakers iTunes always defaults back to the computer speakers?

We're thinking alike, I just edited my previous post to include asking about what the default is.

I'll check when I get home, but I believe mine defaults to the device that's doing the streaming. For example, with the iTunes module, I think it defaults to my HTPC that's running the iTunes. When I use iRule to run Pandora that's streaming from my iPad, it defaults to the iPad and actually changes if I have the power cable plugged in.

I'll do some testing and report back.
Clam
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr 3311ci Receiver , Sharp Aquos , Lcd Hdtv , Receivers Amplifiers , Philips Pronto Tsu7000 The Intelligent Remote Control For Home Theater
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page