iRule - Page 214 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #6391 of 9968 Old 04-09-2012, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Steve Goff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Olympia, WA, USA
Posts: 1,431
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichter1 View Post

Thanks Steve!

I just want to control my HT devices but nothing HTTP (that I know of but that could be because I am an unconcious incompetent with all this stuff at this point!).

So it sounds like the 'Network' option is what I want to configure in iRule app in iOS. But what about the x.x.x.70 address I see as the default. I know my IP2IR GC device is showing a x.x.x.5 address on my home network so would I have to change that in the Network settings or leave that alone?

Also when I look on the Roomie site for IP compatibility some of my devices show other ports than 23 (like the JVC PJ shows port 20554 and needs a user name of 'PJREQ' and the DirecTV HR24 shows port 8080... Tivo S3 is supported thru IP but needs port 31339). How do I input that string along with the IP info?

I don't understand what you mean by the default x.x.x.70 address. Again, each networked unit (computer, preamp, Blu-ray player, etc.) has a unique IP address. That address is four numbers separated by periods. Usually it looks something like this: 192.168.1.253. the first three numbers (in this example, 192.168.1) are shared by all units on the network. The last number (in this example, 253) is unique to that particular unit. To control this unit you have to put the address 192.168.1.253 into the gateway in iRule on the phone or tablet. And you have to put in the port. I've told you how to find out the address. Another way is to use the Fing app on your phone or tablet or PC. It will tell you the IP address of everything on the network.

Steve Goff
Steve Goff is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6392 of 9968 Old 04-09-2012, 09:49 AM
Advanced Member
 
mborner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Coral Springs, Florida
Posts: 776
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by runnernorth View Post

mborner, thank you, I understand what you are saying :-) - but when we look at the default GUI in iRule, why did they choose to add both the activity and the home page in the main panel? -wouldn't it have been sufficient to add one of those...... it would, if I understood you right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krichter1 View Post

So I get the definition of this Mike but what is the point if you designate a page as 'Home Page=Yes' and when you launch iRule it doesn't auto-load?

Is this a bug that it still goes to your panels page even though you specify a home page?

Thanks!

There are no hard rules when it comes to a home page. same with an activities page. You don't have to use either one if you don't want to. It's just available to use in the customization of you UI.

I have a home button on every page in my UI. Don't confuse this with a home page. The button, when pressed, simply takes me to my activities page, which is not designated a home page.

The page that I've actually designated as my "home" page is the page in my UI that I use most often. It is my main DVR control page. It is the page that loads by default upon start up of the app.

Again, no hard rules. you can:

1. use neither.
2. use a home page as your activities page.
3. use a home page as your app launch
4. use a home page as most often used page.
5. use activities page as app launch.
6. use home button to link to an activities page (as I've done)

You can use them however you wish. If you have a system that can benefit by using them, you should feel free to do so.
mborner is offline  
post #6393 of 9968 Old 04-09-2012, 10:08 AM
Advanced Member
 
jacket_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Milton, GA
Posts: 745
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacket_fan View Post

I am having trouble with "Defining the HTTP command string". In the tutorials I am at the step to add a HTTP Gateway. It states to "Copy the command string in the data field".

I have the Global Cache IP address set.

I have all of the devices imported. (This was very nice and a great database)

First question, where do I get the command string?

Second question. Is this required for each command? For each device?

I am pretty sure I am missing something simple here.

As a complete noob, I have been trying to understand how this works. I have programed Prontos and am at least a bit familar with setting up the panels. My problem is getting the devices recognized. All I want to do is get IR out of the GC device. Not feedback or any of the other features. As I understand from the tutorials, you set the IP address of the GC. From there I am confused as to how to get past his point. Evidently there is not any addditional documentation. Unless there is somewhere in this tread that goes into more detail. I have not read this entire thread. This is where I am stuck:

I have the IP address input, then when I go to this step, things go awry-

Step Six: Add device
Press the Add device button to assign a new device to the IR channel.



Step Seven: Select device
Select the device to control from the list of your devices. Press the Save button after the device has been selected. If a device has already been assigned to another IR channel, it may not be assigned again.

I do not get any devices to choose.

Step Eight: Return
Press the New gateway button in the upper left corner to return to the Gateway configuration page.

What can I troubleshoot to figure this one out?

Thanks

Mark
jacket_fan is offline  
post #6394 of 9968 Old 04-09-2012, 10:18 AM
Advanced Member
 
mborner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Coral Springs, Florida
Posts: 776
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacket_fan View Post

As a complete noob, I have been trying to understand how this works. I have programed Prontos and am at least a bit familar with setting up the panels. My problem is getting the devices recognized. All I want to do is get IR out of the GC device. Not feedback or any of the other features. As I understand from the tutorials, you set the IP address of the GC. From there I am confused as to how to get past his point. Evidently there is not any addditional documentation. Unless there is somewhere in this tread that goes into more detail. I have not read this entire thread. This is where I am stuck:

I have the IP address input, then when I go to this step, things go awry-

Step Six: Add device
Press the Add device button to assign a new device to the IR channel.



Step Seven: Select device
Select the device to control from the list of your devices. Press the Save button after the device has been selected. If a device has already been assigned to another IR channel, it may not be assigned again.

I do not get any devices to choose.

Step Eight: Return
Press the New gateway button in the upper left corner to return to the Gateway configuration page.

What can I troubleshoot to figure this one out?

Thanks

You have to create the devices in the Builder first, then sync. Once your devices are added to the builder, they will show up on the iPad so that you can add them to your gateway.
mborner is offline  
post #6395 of 9968 Old 04-09-2012, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member
 
krichter1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Chicagoland (Naperville)
Posts: 2,644
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Goff View Post

I don't understand what you mean by the default x.x.x.70 address. Again, each networked unit (computer, preamp, Blu-ray player, etc.) has a unique IP address. That address is four numbers separated by periods. Usually it looks something like this: 192.168.1.253. the first three numbers (in this example, 192.168.1) are shared by all units on the network. The last number (in this example, 253) is unique to that particular unit. To control this unit you have to put the address 192.168.1.253 into the gateway in iRule on the phone or tablet. And you have to put in the port. I've told you how to find out the address. Another way is to use the Fing app on your phone or tablet or PC. It will tell you the IP address of everything on the network.


Thanks Steve. I posted earlier about figuring this out through trial and error. I thought when adding an IP/HTTP gateway that the GC IP2IR device had to play a part in all this so I thought when seeing the default x.x.x.70 address when adding a gateway that I somehow needed to change to my x.x.x.5 address given to my IP2IR device. It just never occured to me that IP/HTTP gateway definitions on the iPad app were for direct connection to the device itself.

So far after adding my DirecTV device to the HTTP gateway it is working nicely. Now my new challenge is the noobology of understanding DTV & Denon Feedback, (which at this point is flying right over my head!).

Kevin

You only live once, but if you live it right, once is enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Richter Family 3D Theater  

krichter1 is offline  
post #6396 of 9968 Old 04-09-2012, 11:07 AM
Senior Member
 
runnernorth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Skagen, Denmark
Posts: 201
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mborner View Post

There are no hard rules when it comes to a home page. same with an activities page. You don't have to use either one if you don't want to. It's just available to use in the customization of you UI.

I have a home button on every page in my UI. Don't confuse this with a home page. The button, when pressed, simply takes me to my activities page, which is not designated a home page.

The page that I've actually designated as my "home" page is the page in my UI that I use most often. It is my main DVR control page. It is the page that loads by default upon start up of the app.

Again, no hard rules. you can:

1. use neither.
2. use a home page as your activities page.
3. use a home page as your app launch
4. use a home page as most often used page.
5. use activities page as app launch.
6. use home button to link to an activities page (as I've done)

You can use them however you wish. If you have a system that can benefit by using them, you should feel free to do so.

Thank you for taking time to explain/cut it out into pieces :-), how it works, NOW I do understand it even more
IF I may ask a last question for today,, I would like to ask, how do I get the right sized, round blank, white glossy buttons used in the default panels, into my photo editor? -I've browsed the iRule image library, and found what I THOUGHT was the right sized button, imported to the photo editor, and uploaded it after editing, but it's not the same size as used in the default panel
Do I have to "fiddle" with it, scale it to something specific, or am I just using the wrong button??

kindly
Jan
runnernorth is offline  
post #6397 of 9968 Old 04-09-2012, 11:18 AM
Advanced Member
 
jacket_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Milton, GA
Posts: 745
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mborner View Post

You have to create the devices in the Builder first, then sync. Once your devices are added to the builder, they will show up on the iPad so that you can add them to your gateway.

I believe I have done that. Is there a sync in the builder? All I have done is save in the builder.

Mark
jacket_fan is offline  
post #6398 of 9968 Old 04-09-2012, 11:25 AM
Advanced Member
 
mborner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Coral Springs, Florida
Posts: 776
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacket_fan View Post

I believe I have done that. Is there a sync in the builder? All I have done is save in the builder.

With the iRule app open on you iDevice, click "panels" at the top left then at the bottom select "sync". select the handset you wish to sync and your done.
mborner is offline  
post #6399 of 9968 Old 04-09-2012, 11:28 AM
Advanced Member
 
mborner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Coral Springs, Florida
Posts: 776
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by runnernorth View Post

Thank you for taking time to explain/cut it out into pieces :-), how it works, NOW I do understand it even more
IF I may ask a last question for today,, I would like to ask, how do I get the right sized, round blank, white glossy buttons used in the default panels, into my photo editor? -I've browsed the iRule image library, and found what I THOUGHT was the right sized button, imported to the photo editor, and uploaded it after editing, but it's not the same size as used in the default panel
Do I have to "fiddle" with it, scale it to something specific, or am I just using the wrong button??

Are you using iPad/iphone? Retina? Makes a big difference in which graphic you choose from the library.
mborner is offline  
post #6400 of 9968 Old 04-09-2012, 11:29 AM
AVS Special Member
 
krichter1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Chicagoland (Naperville)
Posts: 2,644
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by mborner View Post

The page that I've actually designated as my "home" page is the page in my UI that I use most often. It is my main DVR control page. It is the page that loads by default upon start up of the app.

But Mike are you saying you are able to go right to your DVR page when you select the iRule app on your iPad (or do you still get the panels page and have to select your panel)? Maybe I'm just not interpeting this function correctly.

I interpret 'Home Page = yes' to mean when I launch the iRule app on the iPad it would go to that page straight away and allow me to choose my desired device button where my macros are defined to turn everything on.

Kevin

You only live once, but if you live it right, once is enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Richter Family 3D Theater  

krichter1 is offline  
post #6401 of 9968 Old 04-09-2012, 11:38 AM
Senior Member
 
runnernorth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Skagen, Denmark
Posts: 201
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacket_fan View Post

I believe I have done that. Is there a sync in the builder? All I have done is save in the builder.

well, I'm a noob too, but have you
- checked you have added a new gateway for the RIGHT GC unit, 100-6....100-12....or iTACH?
- added your device in the builder, and saved it ?
-synced your iphone/ipad or whatever you are using, AFTER you have saved in the builder?

kindly
Jan
runnernorth is offline  
post #6402 of 9968 Old 04-09-2012, 11:42 AM
Senior Member
 
runnernorth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Skagen, Denmark
Posts: 201
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mborner View Post

Are you using iPad/iphone? Retina? Makes a big difference in which graphic you choose from the library.

I'm using The new ipad......and in the iRULE library, I chose the miscellaneous "medium", and even tried miscellaneous for iphone retina, but none of them "works"/fits....

kindly
Jan
runnernorth is offline  
post #6403 of 9968 Old 04-09-2012, 11:55 AM
Advanced Member
 
mborner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Coral Springs, Florida
Posts: 776
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichter1 View Post

But Mike are you saying you are able to go right to your DVR page when you select the iRule app on your iPad (or do you still get the panels page and have to select your panel)? Maybe I'm just not interpeting this function correctly.

I interpret 'Home Page = yes' to mean when I launch the iRule app on the iPad it would go to that page straight away and allow me to choose my desired device button where my macros are defined to turn everything on.

Yes, when I launch the iRule app, it opens to my DVR control page. My DVR page also contains the power up/down macros to watch Directv. You must designate the page and the panel you wish to use as the home page.
mborner is offline  
post #6404 of 9968 Old 04-09-2012, 12:00 PM
Advanced Member
 
mborner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Coral Springs, Florida
Posts: 776
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by runnernorth View Post

I'm using The new ipad......and in the iRULE library, I chose the miscellaneous "medium", and even tried miscellaneous for iphone retina, but none of them "works"/fits....

Yep, I don't believe iRule supports the New iPad yet, as far as graphics go. Your only option is to create your own or find a user that has created some that you like. I'm quite certain New iPad will be supported very soon.

Edit:
Actually, I think you're out of luck, for now. The builder doesn't support 2048 X 1536 resolution....yet. I'm afraid even with your own graphics, it probably won't work.
mborner is offline  
post #6405 of 9968 Old 04-09-2012, 12:25 PM
Senior Member
 
runnernorth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Skagen, Denmark
Posts: 201
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mborner View Post

Yep, I don't believe iRule supports the New iPad yet, as far as graphics go. Your only option is to create your own or find a user that has created some that you like. I'm quite certain New iPad will be supported very soon.

Edit:
Actually, I think you're out of luck, for now. The builder doesn't support 2048 X 1536 resolution....yet. I'm afraid even with your own graphics, it probably won't work.

All right, too bad, but thank you;-/
, but I think I haven't explained it right, because it's in the builder I can't make it fit, I didn't even sync it with my iPad.....but, enough for today, it's bedtime by now, zzzzzzzz :-)

kindly
Jan
runnernorth is offline  
post #6406 of 9968 Old 04-09-2012, 01:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
krichter1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Chicagoland (Naperville)
Posts: 2,644
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by mborner View Post

Yes, when I launch the iRule app, it opens to my DVR control page. My DVR page also contains the power up/down macros to watch Directv. You must designate the page and the panel you wish to use as the home page.

Thanks broheem! I think I only designated the panel under what used to be 'Home' (I renamed it to "The Richter Theater" . . . that doesn't matter does it?). That must be my problem as to why it doesn't auto-launch. You-da-man!

Kevin

You only live once, but if you live it right, once is enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Richter Family 3D Theater  

krichter1 is offline  
post #6407 of 9968 Old 04-09-2012, 01:21 PM
AVS Special Member
 
krichter1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Chicagoland (Naperville)
Posts: 2,644
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by mborner View Post

Yep, I don't believe iRule supports the New iPad yet, as far as graphics go. Your only option is to create your own or find a user that has created some that you like. I'm quite certain New iPad will be supported very soon.

Edit:
Actually, I think you're out of luck, for now. The builder doesn't support 2048 X 1536 resolution....yet. I'm afraid even with your own graphics, it probably won't work.


Oh Wow... I'm glad you pointed this out Mike! I have an iPad 1 and my wife has stolen it (like most of us), for her nightly skulking on the net, so I decided to buy another one. I went to go buy the new iPad a few weeks back after launch but they were out of stock. I decided it would be a smarter bet to try iRule before making the purchase so I've been using "her" iPad (that I paid for... wasn't that nice of me!?), to do all the testing first.

I'm at the point of buying a new one but now with this info I'll just get an iPad 2 (which should save me about all my outlay on the iRule & GC stuff... sweet!).

I also noticed a bit of an annoying issue w/ iRule and the iPad 1 that I believe others have reported. The page swipe always freezes for a second half way through the transition swipe between original and new page. Not a big deal mind you but I also thought I read this does not happen on the iPad 2?

Thanks!

Kevin

You only live once, but if you live it right, once is enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Richter Family 3D Theater  

krichter1 is offline  
post #6408 of 9968 Old 04-09-2012, 01:39 PM
Advanced Member
 
mborner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Coral Springs, Florida
Posts: 776
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
That's a good question, Kevin. Mine does it on a iPad 1. It didn't always do it, though. It only started after 2.0 update. I'm not entirely sure it's the iPads fault, though, as it does the same thing on my iPhone 4S. It is not a big deal but I sure would like it fixed. You can see it clearly in my last video in post # 6278.
mborner is offline  
post #6409 of 9968 Old 04-09-2012, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member
 
krichter1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Chicagoland (Naperville)
Posts: 2,644
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 80
I should have known it was you who first reported that in the video!

Maybe the mighty eee-crabster can check with the mothership to see if this is a known issue and is targeted for the next release.

Sounds like it also would be happening on the iPad 2 then.

Kevin

You only live once, but if you live it right, once is enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Richter Family 3D Theater  

krichter1 is offline  
post #6410 of 9968 Old 04-09-2012, 03:54 PM
Senior Member
 
jgyenese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 220
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichter1 View Post

Nope... cause I don't even know what the heck that is (or means)!

Is that where the "starts with..." & "ends with..." comes into play?

Again... I'm a noobologist when it comes to iRule (and I write and debug legacy IBM code for a living so you would think this stuff would come easy to me... not!), and would appreciate it (very much), if someone could layout steps for doing one DirecTV feedback and maybe a Denon receiver volume example (as I've seen from some people on the iRule pics page).

OR... if there's a "How to...", video tutorial, or link I'm all for being able to "fish for myself" and stop bothering you vets!

Thanks!

There is no need to mess with the "starts with" and "ends with" items, at least for DirecTV.
I can't help with the Denon, but I'll try to walk you through setting up feedback for DirecTV.
1. Make sure you have a DirecTV device in your list with a full complement of "Network Codes" including "Get Tuned Query".
2. Add (if you haven't already) DirecTV HTTP Feedback to the list of Feedbacks.
3. Click on "DirecTV HTTP" and in the properties list in the bottom left corner select your DirecTV device from the list.
4. Drag one or more of the feedbacks onto a page. I have tried the channel callsign, channel number, and title in the Textual section of the list and all work for me.
5. Create an Entrance in the same panel that contains the page with the feedbacks - name it something appropriate (I call mine DirecTV Feedback).
6. Make the Entrance you just created repeatable and set it to repeat every 10 seconds.
7. Go to the DirecTV device and expand the Network Codes section. Drag the "Get Tuned Query" command to the Entrance you just created.
8. Save and Sync your handset. You should be getting feedback updated every 10 seconds.

Good Luck!
jgyenese is online now  
post #6411 of 9968 Old 04-09-2012, 03:59 PM
Advanced Member
 
jacket_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Milton, GA
Posts: 745
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mborner View Post

You have to create the devices in the Builder first, then sync. Once your devices are added to the builder, they will show up on the iPad so that you can add them to your gateway.

Thanks for the help. It is not obvious to the casual observer on the proper method to sync the iPad. There is clearly a button on the bottom right of the screen that says Sync. Pressing this button causes the menu under "Select handset to sync with" to show the iPad is syncing. I assumed this was doing just what was supposed to. But no. You must press the menu below after it does its syncing, to have it sync the images and devices.

When you realize how simple it is after some trial and error, it makes you feel stupid. But this one took some experimenting to figure it out.

This detail needs to be in the tutorials.

Now to try and make things talk to each other. Thanks for the help gentlemen. I suspect there will be more questions.

Mark
jacket_fan is offline  
post #6412 of 9968 Old 04-09-2012, 04:52 PM
Advanced Member
 
jacket_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Milton, GA
Posts: 745
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Goff View Post

I use the XBMC (light) device to control XBMC, plus a few commands from MCE Controller device. The XBMC (light) device has almost everything you need to control XBMC.

Hey Steve, willing to share your great art with another newbie? I tried to PM, but your box is full.

Mark
jacket_fan is offline  
post #6413 of 9968 Old 04-09-2012, 05:36 PM
Senior Member
 
RDHolmes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 241
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichter1 View Post


Oh Wow... I'm glad you pointed this out Mike! I have an iPad 1 and my wife has stolen it (like most of us), for her nightly skulking on the net, so I decided to buy another one. I went to go buy the new iPad a few weeks back after launch but they were out of stock. I decided it would be a smarter bet to try iRule before making the purchase so I've been using "her" iPad (that I paid for... wasn't that nice of me!?), to do all the testing first.

I'm at the point of buying a new one but now with this info I'll just get an iPad 2 (which should save me about all my outlay on the iRule & GC stuff... sweet!).

I also noticed a bit of an annoying issue w/ iRule and the iPad 1 that I believe others have reported. The page swipe always freezes for a second half way through the transition swipe between original and new page. Not a big deal mind you but I also thought I read this does not happen on the iPad 2?

Thanks!

I started building my iRule system for my original iPad. Now that I have the new iPad my wife has inherited the original iPad.

What I built for the original iPad works and looks just fine on the new iPad.

Bob Holmes
Curmudgeon
RDHolmes is online now  
post #6414 of 9968 Old 04-09-2012, 06:17 PM
Member
 
disker72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 118
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgyenese View Post

There is no need to mess with the "starts with" and "ends with" items, at least for DirecTV.
I can't help with the Denon, but I'll try to walk you through setting up feedback for DirecTV.
1. Make sure you have a DirecTV device in your list with a full complement of "Network Codes" including "Get Tuned Query".
2. Add (if you haven't already) DirecTV HTTP Feedback to the list of Feedbacks.
3. Click on "DirecTV HTTP" and in the properties list in the bottom left corner select your DirecTV device from the list.
4. Drag one or more of the feedbacks onto a page. I have tried the channel callsign, channel number, and title in the Textual section of the list and all work for me.
5. Create an Entrance in the same panel that contains the page with the feedbacks - name it something appropriate (I call mine DirecTV Feedback).
6. Make the Entrance you just created repeatable and set it to repeat every 10 seconds.
7. Go to the DirecTV device and expand the Network Codes section. Drag the "Get Tuned Query" command to the Entrance you just created.
8. Save and Sync your handset. You should be getting feedback updated every 10 seconds.

Good Luck!

Man - I wish these worked on the new DirecTV THR22 TiVo unit! The only one I can find is the current channel number using a poll to CH_STATUS.

disker72 is offline  
post #6415 of 9968 Old 04-09-2012, 09:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
krichter1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Chicagoland (Naperville)
Posts: 2,644
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgyenese View Post

There is no need to mess with the "starts with" and "ends with" items, at least for DirecTV.
I can't help with the Denon, but I'll try to walk you through setting up feedback for DirecTV.
1. Make sure you have a DirecTV device in your list with a full complement of "Network Codes" including "Get Tuned Query".
2. Add (if you haven't already) DirecTV HTTP Feedback to the list of Feedbacks.
3. Click on "DirecTV HTTP" and in the properties list in the bottom left corner select your DirecTV device from the list.
4. Drag one or more of the feedbacks onto a page. I have tried the channel callsign, channel number, and title in the Textual section of the list and all work for me.
5. Create an Entrance in the same panel that contains the page with the feedbacks - name it something appropriate (I call mine DirecTV Feedback).
6. Make the Entrance you just created repeatable and set it to repeat every 10 seconds.
7. Go to the DirecTV device and expand the Network Codes section. Drag the "Get Tuned Query" command to the Entrance you just created.
8. Save and Sync your handset. You should be getting feedback updated every 10 seconds.

Good Luck!

Thanks so much for the reply and the help!

I think I followed all your instructions but still can't see the feedback after saving and re-syncing (I do see the auto-refresh on the iPad every 5 sec though). Does it look like I did anything wrong (like when you said Entrance you meant within the same panel hierarchy (was the default 'Home' until I renamed it to The Richter Theater)?
LL

Kevin

You only live once, but if you live it right, once is enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Richter Family 3D Theater  

krichter1 is offline  
post #6416 of 9968 Old 04-09-2012, 09:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
krichter1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Chicagoland (Naperville)
Posts: 2,644
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDHolmes View Post

I started building my iRule system for my original iPad. Now that I have the new iPad my wife has inherited the original iPad.

What I built for the original iPad works and looks just fine on the new iPad.

Dude that's awesome news! Have you augmented your set-up/layout since and if so when you save and re-sync does it show correctly on the new 2K rez?

Thanks buddy!

Kevin

You only live once, but if you live it right, once is enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Richter Family 3D Theater  

krichter1 is offline  
post #6417 of 9968 Old 04-09-2012, 09:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Jack D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Posts: 1,902
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichter1 View Post


Dude that's awesome news! Have you augmented your set-up/layout since and if so when you save and re-sync does it show correctly on the new 2K rez?

Thanks buddy!

I have changed my set up recently and there is no problem with it displaying properly on my new iPad.
Jack D is offline  
post #6418 of 9968 Old 04-10-2012, 12:54 AM
Member
 
starhubble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys!

It says in the release notes for 2.3 that the WOL command can now be send as part of a command and in my world this means that you should be able to tie it to a button instead of having it sent when entering a panel.

From the 2.3 release notes:

"That system can now be asleep in low-power mode, and iRule can send a Wake-on-LAN packet as part of a command to wake up the computer before executing the command."

How do you go about doing this? I only seem to be able to set the WOL stuff under the HTTP gateway settings and that's it. Where do I find the WOL command to assign to a specific button?

Thanks!
starhubble is offline  
post #6419 of 9968 Old 04-10-2012, 05:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Murilo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 4,679
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murilo View Post

I also notice in the irule picture thread some people have there album art displayed in irule itself.

Is this possible with xbmc...using irule?

Sorry to bump my own post, but im just curious if any xbmc irule users could answer?
Murilo is offline  
post #6420 of 9968 Old 04-10-2012, 07:45 AM
Senior Member
 
jgyenese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 220
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichter1 View Post

Thanks so much for the reply and the help!

I think I followed all your instructions but still can't see the feedback after saving and re-syncing (I do see the auto-refresh on the iPad every 5 sec though). Does it look like I did anything wrong (like when you said Entrance you meant within the same panel hierarchy (was the default 'Home' until I renamed it to The Richter Theater)?

Everything looks right, and you are correct regarding the entrance. When you see the auto-refresh on the iPad, does the send light flicker green? If not there could be something wrong with the gateway configuration.

One other thing to try...select the Get Tuned Query command in the DirecTV device and make sure the data property contains "tv/getTuned" (without the quotes). Aside from that, I don't know why it is not working for you.
jgyenese is online now  
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr 3311ci Receiver , Sharp Aquos , Lcd Hdtv , Receivers Amplifiers , Philips Pronto Tsu7000 The Intelligent Remote Control For Home Theater
Gear in this thread - Tsu7000 by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off