Originally Posted by krichter1
Nope... cause I don't even know what the heck that is (or means)!
Is that where the "starts with..." & "ends with..." comes into play?
Again... I'm a noobologist when it comes to iRule (and I write and debug legacy IBM code for a living so you would think this stuff would come easy to me... not!), and would appreciate it (very much), if someone could layout steps for doing one DirecTV feedback and maybe a Denon receiver volume example (as I've seen from some people on the iRule pics page).
OR... if there's a "How to...", video tutorial, or link I'm all for being able to "fish for myself" and stop bothering you vets!
There is no need to mess with the "starts with" and "ends with" items, at least for DirecTV.
I can't help with the Denon, but I'll try to walk you through setting up feedback for DirecTV.
1. Make sure you have a DirecTV device in your list with a full complement of "Network Codes" including "Get Tuned Query".
2. Add (if you haven't already) DirecTV HTTP Feedback to the list of Feedbacks.
3. Click on "DirecTV HTTP" and in the properties list in the bottom left corner select your DirecTV device from the list.
4. Drag one or more of the feedbacks onto a page. I have tried the channel callsign, channel number, and title in the Textual section of the list and all work for me.
5. Create an Entrance in the same panel that contains the page with the feedbacks - name it something appropriate (I call mine DirecTV Feedback).
6. Make the Entrance you just created repeatable and set it to repeat every 10 seconds.
7. Go to the DirecTV device and expand the Network Codes section. Drag the "Get Tuned Query" command to the Entrance you just created.
8. Save and Sync your handset. You should be getting feedback updated every 10 seconds.