iRule - Page 221 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #6601 of 9951 Old 05-09-2012, 07:34 AM
Advanced Member
 
SeldomSeen31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 700
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJHT View Post

Is there anyway to put a page jump at the end of a button macro? SJ

You can make the button a link and have it go to any panel/page. Right click the button and select convert to link, then define where you want it to navigate to in the bottom left corner of the GUI.

My DirecTV button is a link, it turns on all required components, sets the components to the correct inputs and outputs and then navigates to my Directv control panel main page.

PSN ID: Seldom_Seen
SeldomSeen31 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6602 of 9951 Old 05-09-2012, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member
 
SJHT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 1,926
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeldomSeen31 View Post


You can make the button a link and have it go to any panel/page. Right click the button and select convert to link, then define where you want it to navigate to in the bottom left corner of the GUI.

My DirecTV button is a link, it turns on all required components, sets the components to the correct inputs and outputs and then navigates to my Directv control panel main page.

Ok, so when you convert to a link you can still assign commands to the link. Didn't know you could do that. Thanks.
SJHT is offline  
post #6603 of 9951 Old 05-09-2012, 08:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
krichter1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Chicagoland (Naperville)
Posts: 2,644
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by xb1032 View Post

So the RS55 can't be controlled over IP? Just wondering because I'm considering this app and I have an RS45.

Works like a champ! Just make sure you create a command (I named mine 'Keep Alive'), in your JVC network codes, then enter the command as 'PJREQ'. Then create an Entrance for the 'JVC Projector DLA-RS55 RS232' device and drag your newly created command to the Entrance. Make it repeatable=Yes and for 3.0-4.0 seconds (the JVC PJ's IP connection closes every 5 sec).

Also make sure the 'JVC Projector DLA-RS55 RS232' network codes properties are set for IP/RS232 and not just RS232.

Change the JVC RS PJ from RS232 (default) to LAN and the acquire your IP address through DHCP or manual assignment. Then save everything in the builder, resync the iPad and configure the gateway with the JVC's new IP and you should be all set (and Wake on LAN is not necessary).

.

Kevin

You only live once, but if you live it right, once is enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Richter Family 3D Theater  

krichter1 is offline  
post #6604 of 9951 Old 05-09-2012, 08:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
krichter1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Chicagoland (Naperville)
Posts: 2,644
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoio View Post

The actual command for PJREQ is \\x50\\x4A\\x52\\x45\\x51 (converted to ASCII)

I have successfully controlled my X70 using iRule and I have shared my commands. Search for JVC under Vendor and X30/X70/X90/RS45/55/65 under model.

Look for the following command:

"PJREQ (Establish Network Connection)"

I have included it on the JVC's entrance and set it up to repeat every 4.5s.

I hope it helps.


So 4.5 works 100% of the time? If so I'll use that in order to put less strain on the battery (vs. 3.0 sec)

Also as a point of clarification to the others... only PJREQ is needed on the command unless you want to use the ASCII raw code.

Thanks!

Kevin

You only live once, but if you live it right, once is enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Richter Family 3D Theater  

krichter1 is offline  
post #6605 of 9951 Old 05-09-2012, 08:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
krichter1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Chicagoland (Naperville)
Posts: 2,644
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJHT View Post

Ok, so when you convert to a link you can still assign commands to the link. Didn't know you could do that. Thanks.

I've edited my main Activity page to include the off buttons (all links), which contain all my Power On/Off macros for each device. I wish a future release of iRule would support Macro toggling like it does for single commands (that would be cool!).


Quote:
Originally Posted by runnernorth View Post

Krichter1, thx for your reply, too bad it's that hard to get these ip codes. But I actually managed to "find" the rs232 codes for my device, but are the 232 codes exactly the same as the IP codes? I've contacted Onkyo and asked to have IP codes fir my 5509, but they refused, ONLY to installers they said, damn.....

It would be the same but would only work if Onkyo supports the incoming commands over ethernet and the publish the port if not Telnet 023.



LL

Kevin

You only live once, but if you live it right, once is enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Richter Family 3D Theater  

krichter1 is offline  
post #6606 of 9951 Old 05-10-2012, 02:21 PM
Advanced Member
 
jidelite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Glen Allen, VA, USA
Posts: 568
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I'm an Irule noob who just started using it about a week ago with my iPad - finally letting go of my 10yr old Pronto and coming into the 21 century . Tried to do as much research as I could in this thread but I'm stuck trying to find the theme for my panel/pages. I want to use a landscape background (birdsmapledark.jpg, see attached) like I saw in the Irule gallery but I don't understand if I have to make my own panel (i.e. using photoshop) or can I import an image and make it look like the panel. What I really want to keep is the vertical & horizontal lines in the panel for button separation. Any help is appreciated...

jidelite
LL
jidelite is online now  
post #6607 of 9951 Old 05-10-2012, 08:37 PM
Member
 
Jessev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 84
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jidelite View Post

I'm an Irule noob who just started using it about a week ago with my iPad - finally letting go of my 10yr old Pronto and coming into the 21 century . Tried to do as much research as I could in this thread but I'm stuck trying to find the theme for my panel/pages. I want to use a landscape background (birdsmapledark.jpg, see attached) like I saw in the Irule gallery but I don't understand if I have to make my own panel (i.e. using photoshop) or can I import an image and make it look like the panel. What I really want to keep is the vertical & horizontal lines in the panel for button separation. Any help is appreciated...

jidelite

Those lines you see are from a background image called 'buttonarea' that is semi-transparent.
You will probably find it easier to start from the default iRule layout, modify the background and buttons of one page, and then use that as the template for the rest of them.
Jessev is offline  
post #6608 of 9951 Old 05-10-2012, 08:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
krichter1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Chicagoland (Naperville)
Posts: 2,644
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by jidelite View Post

I'm an Irule noob who just started using it about a week ago with my iPad - finally letting go of my 10yr old Pronto and coming into the 21 century . Tried to do as much research as I could in this thread but I'm stuck trying to find the theme for my panel/pages. I want to use a landscape background (birdsmapledark.jpg, see attached) like I saw in the Irule gallery but I don't understand if I have to make my own panel (i.e. using photoshop) or can I import an image and make it look like the panel. What I really want to keep is the vertical & horizontal lines in the panel for button separation. Any help is appreciated...

jidelite

I would imagine you would have gone through all the support tutorials but if not that's a necessary place the start:

http://www.iruleathome.com/How-To-Vi...e-irule-editor

If you've already done that then you'll want to search the available images from selecting the tab on the right of the builder app and then click on the images tab then selecting 'Browse Image Library'. Once there type in 'Background' and look for the Landscape images that you want by clicking on the little "eye" on the right of every row. Once you find which set you like, check that box and import.

In order to drag the image onto your device page you must first switch to the background layer on that panel (it's at the bottom of your middle window right under your device buttons on the left of your device panel... you have to scroll down the middle window to see it). The default is "All Layers". Only then can you drag your new background onto your device panel (make sure it's positioned at row 1 / column 1 as shown in my attachment).

Whenever you drag a new background onto your device panel you must also switch the position of the two backgrounds to ensure your new background comes before the gray box overlay on your left window under the 'Backgrounds' section (otherwise it will not look correct... see my attachment under Backgrounds in the left window named 'buttonarea-landscape' . . . that is the default background inset).

Once that's all setup you can switch back to 'All Layers' and begin dragging your buttons to design your device (which are also found by searching the image lib as above... AND you don't even need to put in an image type/name when you search. Just select Search and everything available from iRule's DB can be reviewed.

Hope this helped you... good luck.
LL

Kevin

You only live once, but if you live it right, once is enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Richter Family 3D Theater  

krichter1 is offline  
post #6609 of 9951 Old 05-11-2012, 08:12 AM
Advanced Member
 
jidelite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Glen Allen, VA, USA
Posts: 568
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessev View Post

Those lines you see are from a background image called 'buttonarea' that is semi-transparent.
You will probably find it easier to start from the default iRule layout, modify the background and buttons of one page, and then use that as the template for the rest of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krichter1 View Post

...Whenever you drag a new background onto your device panel you must also switch the position of the two backgrounds to ensure your new background comes before the gray box overlay on your left window under the 'Backgrounds' section (otherwise it will not look correct... see my attachment under Backgrounds in the left window named 'buttonarea-landscape' . . . that is the default background inset)...

Hope this helped you... good luck.

Jessev & krichter1 thanks - you guys have been a BIG help. My confusion here has been the 'buttonarea' background; I couldn't figure out what it was used for . krichter1, the final piece of the puzzle was you explaining that the new background 'must' be positioned before the 'buttonarea' background in the left window (so I had to move my new background image up). I have gone thru most of the tutorials and speed read all 300+ pages but I missed this fine detail. So far I'm getting the basic builder stuff - this is fun but tedious and I guess when I get more advanced I'll have to learn how to use some image editor package (I'll start with Paint.net) to design some of my own cool graphics. Thanks again -

jidelite
jidelite is online now  
post #6610 of 9951 Old 05-11-2012, 09:55 AM
Member
 
Graham N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by disker72 View Post


I have just put together the commands in a downloadable iRule device called "Onkyo Tuner". The numbers by themselves should directly access your presets, and hitting the button you assign the command "Direct Input" to, will let you press the buttons to directly tune in a station.

Let me know if this works for you. It works great for me.

Hi Disker,

Only just had a chance to try this out. Managed to import your commands and dragged them onto the buttons but nothing happens for me. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Graham
Graham N is offline  
post #6611 of 9951 Old 05-11-2012, 02:33 PM
Member
 
blkicevic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Biloxi Ms
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Does anyone have working network codes for samsung volume up, volume down, and mute. there used to be a device set of codes for Samsung TV (2010 or later) in device browser but cant find it now. I am hoping to at least control these three functions as i know power on is not gonna hapn!
Samsung d7000 series

I do not condone what i do, but i will not deny myself the pleasure!
blkicevic is offline  
post #6612 of 9951 Old 05-11-2012, 06:49 PM
Azz
Senior Member
 
Azz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: BrisVegas, Australia
Posts: 223
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi All.
I've posted over on the DBP-4010 thread in hope of getting some help with this is well.

Has anyone had any success with getting the Denon DBP-4010 running over RS232 with iRule and a Global Cache GC-100-12?
I've got my Yamaha RX-Z7 working over RS-232 so unit is responding as it should there.

I've made up a cable as follows, from the 4010 spec sheet it's basically straight through.
Global Cache (GC)
GC Pin 2 Rx - 4010 Pin 2 Tx
GC Pin 3 Tx - 4010 Pin 3 Rx
5 - GND - Pin 5 GND

For Devices I'm using the "Denon Blu-Ray RS232" and codes appear to be correct though I'm not 100% sure about the syntax being a nube in this area.

Anyone had any luck or I need to do something else?

As an alternate, I'm happy to control over IP if anyone has got this to work with iRule.
The web interface of the 4010 on the iPhone works perfectly though I dont want to have to jump between Apps.

Appreciate any advice.

Aaron
Azz is offline  
post #6613 of 9951 Old 05-11-2012, 07:03 PM
Member
 
blkicevic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Biloxi Ms
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
i have the gc100 12 with denon bdp-2012 and a denon 3312ci and tried rs232 but ended just running a mono 3.5mm cable from the ir out on the gc100 to the remote control in on the back of my receiver and bd player. no problems since. i couldnt get rs232 to work in a stable environment but it all worked out for the better. the 3.5mm cable is less bulky and easier to work with.

I do not condone what i do, but i will not deny myself the pleasure!
blkicevic is offline  
post #6614 of 9951 Old 05-11-2012, 07:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
krichter1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Chicagoland (Naperville)
Posts: 2,644
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by jidelite View Post

Jessev & krichter1 thanks - you guys have been a BIG help. My confusion here has been the 'buttonarea' background; I couldn't figure out what it was used for . krichter1, the final piece of the puzzle was you explaining that the new background 'must' be positioned before the 'buttonarea' background in the left window (so I had to move my new background image up). I have gone thru most of the tutorials and speed read all 300+ pages but I missed this fine detail. So far I'm getting the basic builder stuff - this is fun but tedious and I guess when I get more advanced I'll have to learn how to use some image editor package (I'll start with Paint.net) to design some of my own cool graphics. Thanks again -

jidelite

Welcome!

Just a few short months ago I too was a noob (a frustrated one at that!), so I know what a steep learning curve this app can be. But let me tell you if you keep at it the payoff is HUGE! This is one app that gives you back as much as you give it. I think it took me a week just to understand how the heck to change the background so I've felt your pain.

Kevin

You only live once, but if you live it right, once is enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Richter Family 3D Theater  

krichter1 is offline  
post #6615 of 9951 Old 05-12-2012, 05:33 AM
Member
 
drewconner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I'm in the process of planning my dedicated home theater I am building in my basement. I've decided to use iRule as my remote system. I have a few questions about the hardware. I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, I tried to search but didn't find my answer.

I would love to be able to use the GC-100-18R and simply add it to my equipment rack. However, I've read about a few drawbacks of using the older GC-100 hardware and wanted to confirm with those of you in the know. I understand that only one device can connect to the GC-100 at a time and I am fine with that. My question is does the GC-100 limit the connected device to sending one command at a time? If so, would having multiple iTach units fix this limitation? Basically if I have a macro that sends commands to multiple devices, would that macro complete sooner if it were sending to devices controlled by multiple iTach units vs a single GC-100 unit?
drewconner is offline  
post #6616 of 9951 Old 05-12-2012, 06:01 AM
Member
 
obts000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azz View Post

Hi All.

I've made up a cable as follows, from the 4010 spec sheet it's basically straight through.
Global Cache (GC)
GC Pin 2 Rx - 4010 Pin 2 Tx
GC Pin 3 Tx - 4010 Pin 3 Rx
5 - GND - Pin 5 GND

Aaron

Not sure about the 4010, but in cables I have built you need to swap pins 2 and 3 on one end, so transmit on one end connects to receive on the other.

Scott Erie
------------------------
Let's all just admit it was my fault and then we can move on.
obts000 is offline  
post #6617 of 9951 Old 05-12-2012, 10:03 AM
AVS Special Member
 
krichter1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Chicagoland (Naperville)
Posts: 2,644
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azz View Post

Hi All.
I've posted over on the DBP-4010 thread in hope of getting some help with this is well.

Has anyone had any success with getting the Denon DBP-4010 running over RS232 with iRule and a Global Cache GC-100-12?
I've got my Yamaha RX-Z7 working over RS-232 so unit is responding as it should there.

I've made up a cable as follows, from the 4010 spec sheet it's basically straight through.
Global Cache (GC)
GC Pin 2 Rx - 4010 Pin 2 Tx
GC Pin 3 Tx - 4010 Pin 3 Rx
5 - GND - Pin 5 GND

For Devices I'm using the "Denon Blu-Ray RS232" and codes appear to be correct though I'm not 100% sure about the syntax being a nube in this area.

Anyone had any luck or I need to do something else?

As an alternate, I'm happy to control over IP if anyone has got this to work with iRule.
The web interface of the 4010 on the iPhone works perfectly though I dont want to have to jump between Apps.

Appreciate any advice.

Aaron

You'll need to determine a few things first:

1) What firmware are you at w/ the GC-100/12? If it's older than 3.x then once you configure the IP address to your network and unplug the GC your settings go back to IP x.x.x.70

2) As mentioned you'll have to know what Denon supports in terms of cable (straight or null modem).

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewconner View Post

I'm in the process of planning my dedicated home theater I am building in my basement. I've decided to use iRule as my remote system. I have a few questions about the hardware. I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, I tried to search but didn't find my answer.

I would love to be able to use the GC-100-18R and simply add it to my equipment rack. However, I've read about a few drawbacks of using the older GC-100 hardware and wanted to confirm with those of you in the know. I understand that only one device can connect to the GC-100 at a time and I am fine with that. My question is does the GC-100 limit the connected device to sending one command at a time? If so, would having multiple iTach units fix this limitation? Basically if I have a macro that sends commands to multiple devices, would that macro complete sooner if it were sending to devices controlled by multiple iTach units vs a single GC-100 unit?


The GC-100's support up to the number of discreet outputs per device (so yours is 18 possible devices getting their own command). But why do you feel you need to do this? You could use dual emitters and support up to 36 devices. But to answer you direct question... yes. As long as your GC's all have their own IP's and you configure you iRule device for the multiple gateways you can have more than one in your system.

Kevin

You only live once, but if you live it right, once is enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Richter Family 3D Theater  

krichter1 is offline  
post #6618 of 9951 Old 05-12-2012, 10:11 AM
Member
 
drewconner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichter1 View Post

The GC-100's support up to the number of discreet outputs per device (so yours is 18 possible devices getting their own command). But why do you feel you need to do this? You could use dual emitters and support up to 36 devices. But to answer you direct question... yes. As long as your GC's all have their own IP's and you configure you iRule device for the multiple gateways you can have more than one in your system.

I'm sorry, I don't think I was clear in my question. My setup will consist of two RS232 devices and three IR devices (along with some IP ones). What I really want to know is, will macros that talk to multiple devices be able to send quicker with three iTach devices (2x IP2SL, 1x IP2IR) vs a single GC-100-18R? The price between these two setups is similar.
drewconner is offline  
post #6619 of 9951 Old 05-12-2012, 02:20 PM
AVS Special Member
 
kriktsemaj99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 5,880
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewconner View Post

I'm sorry, I don't think I was clear in my question. My setup will consist of two RS232 devices and three IR devices (along with some IP ones). What I really want to know is, will macros that talk to multiple devices be able to send quicker with three iTach devices (2x IP2SL, 1x IP2IR) vs a single GC-100-18R? The price between these two setups is similar.

It'll be just as efficient as 3 iTachs, because the serial ports and IR can all be outputting commands at the same time. In fact the two serial ports have their own TCP port number, and IR commands are sent to a third TCP port, so you can actually have 3 remotes talking to a GC-100 at the same time (as long as they don't try to open the same TCP port).

In many usage scenarios the single-connection "limitation" of the GC-100 is not as bad as it sounds. And it would be even less of a limitation if iRule would only support a mode where it closes a TCP connection after sending a command (to give another remote a chance to connect) but for some reason they don't seem to want to do this (even though it's the recommended way to use the GC-100, at least for IR commands).
kriktsemaj99 is online now  
post #6620 of 9951 Old 05-13-2012, 05:26 AM
Member
 
drewconner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 View Post

It'll be just as efficient as 3 iTachs, because the serial ports and IR can all be outputting commands at the same time. In fact the two serial ports have their own TCP port number, and IR commands are sent to a third TCP port, so you can actually have 3 remotes talking to a GC-100 at the same time (as long as they don't try to open the same TCP port).

In many usage scenarios the single-connection "limitation" of the GC-100 is not as bad as it sounds. And it would be even less of a limitation if iRule would only support a mode where it closes a TCP connection after sending a command (to give another remote a chance to connect) but for some reason they don't seem to want to do this (even though it's the recommended way to use the GC-100, at least for IR commands).

Thank you! This is exactly the information I was looking for. Just ordered a GC-100-18R!
drewconner is offline  
post #6621 of 9951 Old 05-13-2012, 03:44 PM
Member
 
disker72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 118
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham N View Post

Hi Disker,

Only just had a chance to try this out. Managed to import your commands and dragged them onto the buttons but nothing happens for me. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Graham

Did you assign them to your gateway device after you imported them? You can either do that, or copy/paste them in to your existing Onkyo device commands.

disker72 is offline  
post #6622 of 9951 Old 05-14-2012, 12:03 AM
Member
 
Graham N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by disker72 View Post


Did you assign them to your gateway device after you imported them? You can either do that, or copy/paste them in to your existing Onkyo device commands.

Hi Disker,

I didn't think of that at the time. I noticed last night when I had to reassign the ip address for the Onkyo that your Onkyo tuner device was in the list. I assigned it but didn't have chance to try it out. If I getting it working do you have a code for setting the memory to the presets once I have found the stations I want.

Thanks again,

Graham
Graham N is offline  
post #6623 of 9951 Old 05-14-2012, 11:27 AM
Senior Member
 
rs691919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 447
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
So, I just got iRule this weekend, and I've done a pretty good job learning the basics of getting started. I can create a fairly intricate remote. My main issue is figuring out how to place the buttons within iBuilder. I saw this post earlier on:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...8#post21521698

I would love to get the curved d-pad buttons with the select button placed in a similar fashion, but I simply cannot figure out how to align them properly. When I add buttons, they seemingly get placed in an almost random fashion. And even though the images of the buttons may not overlap, if the total grid area of any button overlaps with another, it won't allow me to place it. Is there a setting I'm missing or do I need to be doing anythings else?
rs691919 is offline  
post #6624 of 9951 Old 05-14-2012, 12:36 PM
Senior Member
 
dykz34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 338
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs691919 View Post

So, I just got iRule this weekend, and I've done a pretty good job learning the basics of getting started. I can create a fairly intricate remote. My main issue is figuring out how to place the buttons within iBuilder. I saw this post earlier on:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...8#post21521698

I would love to get the curved d-pad buttons with the select button placed in a similar fashion, but I simply cannot figure out how to align them properly. When I add buttons, they seemingly get placed in an almost random fashion. And even though the images of the buttons may not overlap, if the total grid area of any button overlaps with another, it won't allow me to place it. Is there a setting I'm missing or do I need to be doing anythings else?

Try tweaking the row/column numbers to get the layout to line up. I've found that moving from an even number of rows to an odd number helped tremendously centering certain buttons. Also, remember you can change the width and height of the button you want as well so it can "span" more cells and center within that area.
dykz34 is offline  
post #6625 of 9951 Old 05-15-2012, 05:54 AM
Member
 
Someone00's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 40
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
iRule on Amazon is still 1.0.1 instead of 1.3, when will new version be pushed out?
Someone00 is offline  
post #6626 of 9951 Old 05-15-2012, 05:55 AM
Senior Member
 
absolootbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SW OH
Posts: 466
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
EDIT: nevermind... i'm an idiot.

absolootbs is online now  
post #6627 of 9951 Old 05-15-2012, 07:26 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Axel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Metro Detroit, MI, USA
Posts: 4,642
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by absolootbs View Post

1.0.1 is the newest android version. 1.3 is the iOS version. the version numbers for the two different platforms are separate and don't correspond to each other. or at least they never have in the past. i can't say what number they'll give to the next android version.

iRule released a new Android version (1.3.0) yesterday. It is available on the Android market / Google Play.
____
Axel

Axel is online now  
post #6628 of 9951 Old 05-15-2012, 07:32 AM
Senior Member
 
absolootbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SW OH
Posts: 466
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post

iRule released a new Android version (1.3.0) yesterday. It is available on the Android market / Google Play.
____
Axel

ah, well then i stand corrected... and i'm mad at my phone for not alerting me yet

absolootbs is online now  
post #6629 of 9951 Old 05-15-2012, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ecrabb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Iowa
Posts: 2,110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone00 View Post

iRule on Amazon is still 1.0.1 instead of 1.3, when will new version be pushed out?

The update is at Amazon. The delay is Amazon approval.

SC

I've got GAS: Gadget Acquisition Syndrome.
ecrabb is offline  
post #6630 of 9951 Old 05-15-2012, 08:09 AM
Senior Member
 
dykz34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 338
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Anyone have a link to the Release Notes?
dykz34 is offline  
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr 3311ci Receiver , Sharp Aquos , Lcd Hdtv , Receivers Amplifiers , Philips Pronto Tsu7000 The Intelligent Remote Control For Home Theater
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off