Forum Jump: 

post #721 of 9982 Old 01-23-2011, 07:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Security camera DVR question:

Are any of u guys using a a security camera dvr url in irule. if so what company are U using?

We use speco tech right now but u only get live playback no control over the dvr in safari without being on a mac running a app to use the dvr.

thanks,
jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 9982 Old 01-23-2011, 08:40 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martijn View Post

You could try the Mac OS X versions for iHelp and iLearn I created (public beta). See http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1295817

Mac ilearn seems to recognise the itach i connect the ip address ok i select hex from the save format drop down box ok! The problem seems to come when i point the remote im trying to learn at the learning port ir nothing happens any ideas???
post #723 of 9982 Old 01-23-2011, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
BitBass,

Send me the file that is giving you a problem. I will find the bug in IR GEN. There must be a bug since it crashes on what may be bad input. I did not put a lot of code into validity checking the input files. I will figure out why the input file you developed does not work and fix the issue. Thanks for the feedback. my email address should be in my profile, but if not, my name is barry and I own the domain the-gordons.net so I am me @ my domain
post #724 of 9982 Old 01-23-2011, 11:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunwilliam View Post

Mac ilearn seems to recognise the itach i connect the ip address ok i select hex from the save format drop down box ok! The problem seems to come when i point the remote im trying to learn at the learning port ir nothing happens any ideas???

So u get a connected status correct?

If so try to stand the itach up on its side so u get a good straight shot at the learner box on the back. Also try diff distances with the remote. Also some remotes are harder than others. Sometimes u need to hold the button down or repeat press it. Sherwood is like this. Very tough remote. Try a diff remote for a diff device to see if that gives u any add info.

jimi
post #725 of 9982 Old 01-23-2011, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubesys View Post

I hope that I did not offend you with my reply. The ability to map multiple commands to a single button which will toggle between them is on the to do list and will be added. For example a device like Denon receiver which does not have mute toggle in serial or IP, only IR.

No offense taken!

Looking forward to this feature being implemented.

Thanks!
post #726 of 9982 Old 01-23-2011, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
I'm fiddling around with some new backgrounds that should work with both the default black and white buttons. I hope to have some I can share soon:

Steve Goff
post #727 of 9982 Old 01-23-2011, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zellarman View Post

Is anyone successfully using this app from a remote location?
I'd be looking to use it through the internet, by way of a wifi connection other than my local network. I tried it once, nothing happened, didn't really expect it to work since I never entered a domain name anywhere, but what surprised me was that the icon for gateway connections lit up green. Why would iRule show gateway connedctions if I'm not even connected to my home network?

Anybody?
post #728 of 9982 Old 01-23-2011, 01:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Some folks have asked me for TV channels buttons for channels not found in the default library. I had been providing them by posting them in messages, based on the mistaken belief that my pngs could simply be dragged off the page and used in iRule. Unfortunately, when you do this the image is changed to a jpeg and the transparent background is changed to a checkerboard. So I have shared a new ilbrary called Missing Channels TV Buttons so I can upload these and save folks some hassles. The first included buttons are for CNN, Comcast Sportsnet HD, Nick Jr., and the Hub. If anyone remembers other TV channel buttons that I promised but they can't find and use, or wants other channels, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

I've also shared my device for using J. River Media Center in Theater Mode. Cleverly, it is called J. River Media Center.

Steve Goff
post #729 of 9982 Old 01-23-2011, 01:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepsky4565 View Post

Steve Goff or someone that uses the J River MC. I can use MCE and the webremote program, but haven't figured out how to use the device in irule to control JRiver MC. Can you give me some info on configuring this?

I've now shared my device, called J. River Media Center.

Steve Goff
post #730 of 9982 Old 01-23-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubesys View Post

I hope that I did not offend you with my reply. The ability to map multiple commands to a single button which will toggle between them is on the to do list and will be added. For example a device like Denon receiver which does not have mute toggle in serial or IP, only IR.

Really looking forward to this feature. A question, and if not a wish/idea/suggestion; will it be possible to have the buttons/icons change/toogle as well? Maybe intergrated with feedback when available. Don't know how hard this is to do, but here's hoping.
post #731 of 9982 Old 01-23-2011, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Goff View Post

I'm fiddling around with some new backgrounds that should work with both the default black and white buttons. I hope to have some I can share soon:

Likning nice! Keep it up
post #732 of 9982 Old 01-23-2011, 02:41 PM

Quote:

As jimim asks, you get connected state?

I noticed (probably like jimim and others) that it is a bit difficult to get the iTach to recognize an IR code. This is because the hole next to the power connector is very small (also the IR sensor is very small) and the other connected wires like power and the IR transmitter on the first connector can be in the way.
It helps to keep the hole and the remote in one line and at a small distance (like 3 or 5 cm / 1 or 2 inch).
post #733 of 9982 Old 01-23-2011, 03:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrekk76 View Post

Likning nice! Keep it up

Thanks! Here is another one:

Steve Goff
post #734 of 9982 Old 01-24-2011, 01:40 AM

A feature I would love to see implemented is the ability to copy a command/macro from one button to another. Mark the button, right click, select copy/cut and then paste it onto another button.

Perhaps also copying the entire button with the graphics and everything else.
post #735 of 9982 Old 01-24-2011, 01:56 AM

I have a Denon-avr 2310 however, once i have learnt the codes from the original remote and implemented the through the builder and synced up they don't seem to execute any commands, has anyone had the same problem and found a solution??
post #736 of 9982 Old 01-24-2011, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimim View Post

So u get a connected status correct?

If so try to stand the itach up on its side so u get a good straight shot at the learner box on the back. Also try diff distances with the remote. Also some remotes are harder than others. Sometimes u need to hold the button down or repeat press it. Sherwood is like this. Very tough remote. Try a diff remote for a diff device to see if that gives u any add info.

jimi

Cheers jimi work perfectly
post #737 of 9982 Old 01-24-2011, 02:54 AM

Quote:

I have a Denon-avr 2310 however, once i have learnt the codes from the original remote and implemented the through the builder and synced up they don't seem to execute any commands, has anyone had the same problem and found a solution??

If you are using iLearn to copy the codes from your remote, try sending the code from iLearn to make sure the reading is correct. There is a "Send IR" button for this purpose. Good luck!
post #738 of 9982 Old 01-24-2011, 03:20 AM

Hello,

Doe someone found the HEX Pronto code for the Cisco 8485 DVB / Voocorder ?

Thanks

Thierry
post #739 of 9982 Old 01-24-2011, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starhubble View Post

If you are using iLearn to copy the codes from your remote, try sending the code from iLearn to make sure the reading is correct. There is a "Send IR" button for this purpose. Good luck!

Cheers starhubble the only problem their is I'd that I'm using a Mac beta version of ilearn
post #740 of 9982 Old 01-24-2011, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starhubble View Post

Cheers starstubble the only problem with that is that I'm using a Mac beta version of Ilearn and it doesn't have a send ir button
post #741 of 9982 Old 01-24-2011, 03:56 AM

I would also like to buy this product that look so classy that feature of the gateway that we use is that it will not only configure the network information but also configure the ports based on the type of the device it detects. For example, one gateway has 3 IR ports and one RS232 while the higher end unit has 6 IR and two RS232 ports and the software will detect and configure for this.
post #742 of 9982 Old 01-24-2011, 04:03 AM

Quote:

You could try the Mac OS X versions for iHelp and iLearn I created (public beta). See http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1295817

Hi martijn, along with the development of ilearn do you think at some point you may add the send ir button that sits along side the save data button?
post #743 of 9982 Old 01-24-2011, 04:08 AM

Quote:

Cheers starstubble the only problem with that is that I'm using a Mac beta version of Ilearn and it doesn't have a send ir button

Well, the Mac version of iLearn does have a test option; it is called "Test IR" and is located on the bottom right of the window. Please make sure you set the number for "Connector" in the "Capture Options" to the number of the IR output of the iTach. For a GC100 you also have to set the correct value for "Module".
post #744 of 9982 Old 01-24-2011, 04:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zellarman View Post

Anybody?

There are a few ways to control your gear from outside the network.
1. Port forwarding - this can work if you have a simple Gateway such as an iTach and you just port forward the necessary port.
2. VPN - more complex to setup but better results. This allows you to keep the same Gateway settings and connect to multiple devices.

iRule will support both the IP address or the domain name of a Gateway and work over 3G as well as wifi. We have assisted several users in setting up a VPN (you need to be fairly technical to pull this off) using a specific router operating system that supports the iPhone.

A service sych as dynamic DNS will be required but its free.

Itai

Did I mention we are flat to 11?
post #745 of 9982 Old 01-24-2011, 04:48 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:

I've now shared my device, called J. River Media Center.

Hi Steve, I believe that is the device I've already downloaded, but I can't seem to get it to work. I'm probably missing something basic, but it just doesn't work, and I'm at a loss with how to move forwards with it. Like I said I have got the webremote working in irule, and can use mce too, so I'm stumped. I'd really appreciate any help you could offer! Thanks!
post #746 of 9982 Old 01-24-2011, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Nice. Steve are the circles around the buttons part of the background? Also is that an user for the larger square area?
post #747 of 9982 Old 01-24-2011, 09:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Some folks have asked me for TV channels buttons for channels not found in the default library. I had been providing them by posting them in messages, based on the mistaken belief that my pngs could simply be dragged off the page and used in iRule. Unfortunately, when you do this the image is changed to a jpeg and the transparent background is changed to a checkerboard. So I have shared a new ilbrary called Missing Channels TV Buttons so I can upload these and save folks some hassles. The first included buttons are for CNN, Comcast Sportsnet HD, Nick Jr., and the Hub. If anyone remembers other TV channel buttons that I promised but they can't find and use, or wants other channels, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

I've also shared my device for using J. River Media Center in Theater Mode. Cleverly, it is called J. River Media Center.

Awesome
Tjanks
post #748 of 9982 Old 01-24-2011, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

As jimim asks, you get connected state?

I noticed (probably like jimim and others) that it is a bit difficult to get the iTach to recognize an IR code. This is because the hole next to the power connector is very small (also the IR sensor is very small) and the other connected wires like power and the IR transmitter on the first connector can be in the way.
It helps to keep the hole and the remote in one line and at a small distance (like 3 or 5 cm / 1 or 2 inch).

Maybe it's me bit I also feel that learning codes with the itach in the LAN is much more reliable that direct connected to a Mac? Or is it just me. I used to go direct on the pc but with the maci go networked
post #749 of 9982 Old 01-24-2011, 09:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Cheers jimi work perfectly

Are the codes learning properly? What did u fond out? Placement of remote or the remote itself?
post #750 of 9982 Old 01-24-2011, 09:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepsky4565 View Post

Hi Steve, I believe that is the device I've already downloaded, but I can't seem to get it to work. I'm probably missing something basic, but it just doesn't work, and I'm at a loss with how to move forwards with it. Like I said I have got the webremote working in irule, and can use mce too, so I'm stumped. I'd really appreciate any help you could offer! Thanks!

I'd make sure that I've properly set up the gateway in the iRule app. You have to create a separate HTTP gateway, and include in the address both the computer IP and the port, like this: 192.168.1.228:52199 .52199 is the default port used by J. River Media Center, but open up J. River Media Center and make sure what port is designated, in Tools, Options, Media Network. Most of the commands are straight from MCWS (Media Center Web Service), and can be tested on the computer from a web browser. You can do this by clicking on the Media Network tab in Options, and scrolling through the Library Server list to MCWS, clicking on that entry and then on open with web browser. This opens a web page with sample commands that you can execute by clicking on links. The web page tells you most of what you need to know to make commands.

Steve Goff
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr 3311ci Receiver , Sharp Aquos , Lcd Hdtv , Receivers Amplifiers , Philips Pronto Tsu7000 The Intelligent Remote Control For Home Theater
Gear in this thread - Tsu7000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page