CEO FALCON SCREENS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosdude View Post

Now you got my attention.
Can you show us in detail, how the rest of us can do this? I like the covert-art to play in Dune option very well.
Thanks in advance.

There is not much detail all i am doing is openig a webpage

to be honest it looks cool and if functional but in the end i have been playing more and more with the cinemar software and getting the hang of it.

like said in the orginal post this is probably the best solution for getting dvd art work and lauching a movie because basically it requires purchasing two different automation packages

the only reason i was able to do it is beacuse i had bought both i rule and cinemar not at the same time but a different times and then just put them both to work.

it is by far not a cost effective route.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9872 of 9961 Old 05-29-2014, 02:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by osupike99 View Post

For Oppo you need to enable Verbose mode. it is one of the commands in the device driver.

Alex

I have tried that. In iRule the Device Code is "VERBOSE3 MODE" and according to the Oppo RS-232 Control Protocol document I found(#SVM 3\x0D), that should do the trick. I tried putting that Code in both the Entrance to the Main page (where I have the feedback control) and behind the activity "Watch Movie" but when I go to the Main Page after first opening the app, I'd expect to see "OFF" but there's nothing. If I turn it on "ON" appears, then exit the app and go back in, it's blank again. If I turn the power off thru iRule, "OFF" shows up. It's like it can't execute the query the first time in the app to see what the status is unless I'm not setting verbose mode properly or in the right place.

I appreciate the help but fear I may be wasting your time. It's not a huge problem, it shows up once I power the Oppo up.

Thanks.
post #9873 of 9961 Old 05-29-2014, 06:48 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzapola View Post

I have tried that. In iRule the Device Code is "VERBOSE3 MODE" and according to the Oppo RS-232 Control Protocol document I found(#SVM 3\x0D), that should do the trick. I tried putting that Code in both the Entrance to the Main page (where I have the feedback control) and behind the activity "Watch Movie" but when I go to the Main Page after first opening the app, I'd expect to see "OFF" but there's nothing. If I turn it on "ON" appears, then exit the app and go back in, it's blank again. If I turn the power off thru iRule, "OFF" shows up. It's like it can't execute the query the first time in the app to see what the status is unless I'm not setting verbose mode properly or in the right place.

I appreciate the help but fear I may be wasting your time. It's not a huge problem, it shows up once I power the Oppo up.

Thanks.

You should only need to send Verbose 3 Mode once. I personally don't have oppo, but I know that there are a LOT of people using Oppo with RS232 and iRule and have feedback after enabling Verbose Mode 3.

Alex
post #9874 of 9961 Old 05-29-2014, 08:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:

In iRule the Device Code is "VERBOSE3 MODE" and according to the Oppo RS-232 Control Protocol document I found(#SVM 3\x0D), that should do the trick. I tried putting that Code in both the Entrance to the Main page (where I have the feedback control) and behind the activity "Watch Movie" but when I go to the Main Page after first opening the app, I'd expect to see "OFF" but there's nothing. If I turn it on "ON" appears, then exit the app and go back in, it's blank again. If I turn the power off thru iRule, "OFF" shows up. It's like it can't execute the query the first time in the app to see what the status is unless I'm not setting verbose mode properly or in the right place.

Once you enable verbose mode is stays active until you unplug the power (not just power off, which is really just standby mode), so that's not the issue if you've sent it once.

But querying power and actually turning the power on/off send different feedbacks. Query power feedback is @QPW OK ON (or OFF), and a power status feedback is @UPW 0 (or 1). If you are getting the feedback when turning the player on you must have set up the power status feedback, but it sounds like you didn't set up a feedback for query power.
post #9875 of 9961 Old 05-30-2014, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 View Post

Once you enable verbose mode is stays active until you unplug the power (not just power off, which is really just standby mode), so that's not the issue if you've sent it once.

But querying power and actually turning the power on/off send different feedbacks. Query power feedback is @QPW OK ON (or OFF), and a power status feedback is @UPW 0 (or 1). If you are getting the feedback when turning the player on you must have set up the power status feedback, but it sounds like you didn't set up a feedback for query power.

Everything you guys are telling me makes perfect sense and I believe I've got it set up properly. I used the default handset that gets created for an iPad Retina. In the Entrance for the Main page, I have:

execute POWER STATUS on Epson
execute POWER STATUS QUERY on Marantz
execute VERBOSE3 Mode on Oppo
execute INPUT STATUS QUERY on Marantz
execute QUERY STATUS POWER on Oppo

There's a .5 second delay between each command. I dragged the feedback controls for Epson Power, Marantz Power, Marantz Input and Oppo Power (UPW). Everything works except the Oppo Power when you first enter the app. If it's off and I hit the On button, ON shows up. If it's on and I hit the Off button, OFF shows up. Regardless of which state it's in, when I leave the app and come back in, the feedback next tot he power buttons is gone for the Oppo only. It seems like it should be pretty straight forward, but I'm stumped.

Again, thanks for the feedback on feedback.
post #9876 of 9961 Old 05-30-2014, 05:55 AM

Can anyone recommend a receiver that is in the irule database that can be controlled via the network connection only?

I have a pioneer vx-1021 or something like that and it is lousy.

Thanks!

Neil
post #9877 of 9961 Old 05-30-2014, 06:15 AM

Liked: 21
I have a Denon x4000 and it works great
post #9878 of 9961 Old 05-30-2014, 06:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by heffneil View Post

Can anyone recommend a receiver that is in the irule database that can be controlled via the network connection only?

Thanks!

Neil

Check the iRule page. All the IP controlled devices are listed.
http://www.iruleathome.com/devices/irule-compatible-devices#view4
post #9879 of 9961 Old 05-30-2014, 07:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

...There's a .5 second delay between each command. I dragged the feedback controls for Epson Power, Marantz Power, Marantz Input and Oppo Power (UPW). Everything works except the Oppo Power when you first enter the app. If it's off and I hit the On button, ON shows up. If it's on and I hit the Off button, OFF shows up. Regardless of which state it's in, when I leave the app and come back in, the feedback next tot he power buttons is gone for the Oppo only. It seems like it should be pretty straight forward, but I'm stumped.

So it's exactly what I explained in the previous post...

You have the power status feedback (UPW), which (by design) will only show something when the power state changes (i.e. when you turn the Oppo ON or OFF). So when you start iRule it will not display anything until you change the power state.

But you don't have the query power feedback (QPW), so even though you're sending the query power command in your entrance (which you must do to get power feedback without changing the power state), that feedback won't show up because you didn't use the query power feedback.

The two different types of power feedback have to be handled separately.
post #9880 of 9961 Old 05-30-2014, 09:49 AM

Quote:

So it's exactly what I explained in the previous post...

You have the power status feedback (UPW), which (by design) will only show something when the power state changes (i.e. when you turn the Oppo ON or OFF). So when you start iRule it will not display anything until you change the power state.

But you don't have the query power feedback (QPW), so even though you're sending the query power command in your entrance (which you must do to get power feedback without changing the power state), that feedback won't show up because you didn't use the query power feedback.

The two different types of power feedback have to be handled separately.

QUERY POWER STATUS is the last line in my Entrance above (#QPW). It is below VERBOSE3 MODE (#SVM). The UPW control is on the panel. Are you saying that I'm doing something wrong or the Oppo will never be able to show the power status when you first launch iRule until you change the power? As I originally posted, the power for my Marantz (IP) and Epson (RS232) show up on entry to the app, the UPW control is blank. If I turn the Oppo on in iRule, the UPW control shows "ON" and stays there as long as I stay in the app.

Thanks, but unless I'm missing something it appears I'm using all of the objects I need (#SVM -> #QPW --> UPW). I'll keep digging thru the protocol document.
post #9881 of 9961 Old 05-30-2014, 10:08 AM
AVS Special Member

What you're doing is not wrong, but it's incomplete.

#QPW returns @QPW OK ON/OFF, it does NOT return @UPW 0/1, so you're not using a feedback in iRule that handles query power.

What you do have is a feedback to handle the result of turning the power on or off (which is why that part is working).

If you want a single feedback that handles both QPW and UPW, you need to edit the definition. I haven't tested this, but the prefix should be "*PW " (without the quotes, but with the initial * and the final space character). Then you'll need to match 4 target values:
0 (replace with OFF)
1 (replace with ON)
OK OFF (replace with OFF)
OK ON (replace with ON)

If you do that you should get the initial power state from the query you send in the entrance, and also see any changes to power state when you turn the Oppo on or off.

(Edited to fix a typo.)
post #9882 of 9961 Old 05-30-2014, 10:58 AM

Quote:

What you're doing is not wrong, but it's incomplete.

#QPW returns @QPW OK ON/OFF, it does NOT return @UPW 0/1, so you're not using a feedback in iRule that handles query power.

What you do have is a feedback to handle the result of turning the power on or off (which is why that part is working).

If you want a single feedback that handles both QPW and UPW, you need to edit the definition. I haven't tested this, but the prefix should be "*PW " (without the quotes, but with the initial * and the final space character). Then you'll need to match 4 target values:
0 (replace with OFF)
1 (replace with ON)
OFF OK (replace with OFF)
ON OK (replace with ON)

If you do that you should get the initial power state from the query you send in the entrance, and also see any changes to power state when you turn the Oppo on or off.

kriksemaj99,

Thank you for the patience and persistence. I created a new feedback called "SINGLE STATUS FEEDBACK" and the 4 values/replaces you list above (except OFF OK and ON OK because they're actually OK OFF and OK ON). The new feedback works when the app is launched, the Oppo is turned on and the Oppo is turned off. This was a nice exercise in creating custom feedbacks that I'm sure will help at least me down the road with more customizations.

Thanks to all who chimed in. Buy yourselves a beverage on me.

Regards

Dave
post #9883 of 9961 Old 05-30-2014, 11:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Glad it's working (and that you spotted the typos). I'll edit my post in case it confuses anyone else.
post #9884 of 9961 Old 05-30-2014, 08:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:

kriksemaj99,

Thank you for the patience and persistence. I created a new feedback called "SINGLE STATUS FEEDBACK" and the 4 values/replaces you list above (except OFF OK and ON OK because they're actually OK OFF and OK ON). The new feedback works when the app is launched, the Oppo is turned on and the Oppo is turned off. This was a nice exercise in creating custom feedbacks that I'm sure will help at least me down the road with more customizations.

Thanks to all who chimed in. Buy yourselves a beverage on me.

Regards

Dave

I have the OPPO-93 with the ISO firmware and I've been living with the feedback issue when closing the iRule app for a while. I couldn't remember what I tried before but I thought I'd give this a shot, I still only get the @UPW 0/1 values and not the @QPW OK ON/OFF. Since this seems to be working for others, I have to assume my OPPO-93 (at its current level) can't provide the Query power status (QPW) feedback either by design or by lack of an updated firmware. Thanks guys for the exercise...

jidelite
post #9885 of 9961 Old 05-31-2014, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jidelite View Post

I have the OPPO-93 with the ISO firmware and I've been living with the feedback issue when closing the iRule app for a while. I couldn't remember what I tried before but I thought I'd give this a shot, I still only get the @UPW 0/1 values and not the @QPW OK ON/OFF. Since this seems to be working for others, I have to assume my OPPO-93 (at its current level) can't provide the Query power status (QPW) feedback either by design or by lack of an updated firmware. Thanks guys for the exercise...

jidelite

I did a search for "Oppo RS-232 control protocol" and saw a post on a forum that said the 93 uses the same protocol as the 83, so I downloaded the pdf for the 83 (v2.1):

http://www.oppodigital.com/Download/BDP83/BDP83_RS232_Protocol_v2.1.pdf (it shows the firmware you need)

Comparing that document to the 103 protocol document, I don't see why this shouldn't work on the 93. Here is exactly what I have (not including stuff for the Marantz and Epson).

In the Entrance for the Main page:

Command: execute 'VERBOSE3 MODE' code on 'OPPO DIGITAL BDP-xx RS232' device
Delay: .5 second
Command: execute 'QUERY POWER STATUS' code on 'OPPO DIGITAL BDP-xx RS232' device

Go to the Feedbacks tab and expand Oppo Bluray Player - RS232 and Textual. Right-click on one of the existing commands (DISC TYPE) and select "Add Code". I renamed the new code "SINGLE STATUS FEEDBACK". Add "*PW " to the prefix of the new code in the Properties window. Right click on the new feedback and add the following 4 values:

name
target value
replace with

0-OFF
OFF

1-ON
ON

OK OFF
OK OFF
OFF

OK ON
OK ON
ON

Then drag your new feedback onto the Main page (or wherever you put the verbose and query in the Entrance above) and that should do it.

Good luck
post #9886 of 9961 Old 05-31-2014, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 40
My favorite thing about Irule is that nothing is even remotely simple.

I got my Denon 3808ci receiver to start working via IP. It was a fun two days troubleshooting. Don't know exactly what I did, but it works now. Apparently feedback also works via IP, can't wait to tackle that.

Spent this morning trying to get my Panasonic BDT310 controlled via IP. It just doesn't want to work.
post #9887 of 9961 Old 05-31-2014, 11:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I did a search for "Oppo RS-232 control protocol" and saw a post on a forum that said the 93 uses the same protocol as the 83, so I downloaded the pdf for the 83 (v2.1):

http://www.oppodigital.com/Download/BDP83/BDP83_RS232_Protocol_v2.1.pdf (it shows the firmware you need)

Comparing that document to the 103 protocol document, I don't see why this shouldn't work on the 93. Here is exactly what I have (not including stuff for the Marantz and Epson).

In the Entrance for the Main page:

Command: execute 'VERBOSE3 MODE' code on 'OPPO DIGITAL BDP-xx RS232' device
Delay: .5 second
Command: execute 'QUERY POWER STATUS' code on 'OPPO DIGITAL BDP-xx RS232' device

Go to the Feedbacks tab and expand Oppo Bluray Player - RS232 and Textual. Right-click on one of the existing commands (DISC TYPE) and select "Add Code". I renamed the new code "SINGLE STATUS FEEDBACK". Add "*PW " to the prefix of the new code in the Properties window. Right click on the new feedback and add the following 4 values:

name
target value
replace with

0-OFF
OFF

1-ON
ON

OK OFF
OK OFF
OFF

OK ON
OK ON
ON

Then drag your new feedback onto the Main page (or wherever you put the verbose and query in the Entrance above) and that should do it.

Good luck

dzapola,
Thanks for following up with me. I had the same document and you would think I would be ok with the OPPO-93 firmware (mine is BDP9X-61-1219) but I just don't get any feedback response with a
"QPW " query. I've done exactly what you did and I even separated the "UPW " feedback code/values from the "QPW " feedback code/values and the only thing that works is the "UPW " (and as you know the "UPW " code/values are not retained when the app is shutdown and restarted).

Right now I have this code/value for testing the "QPW " feedback (I have the Power query & Verbose3 from DEVICE in an Entrance and as a test button):
1)CODE Properties-
Name: POWER2
description:
prefix: QPW <==with a space after 'W'
suffix:

2) Value Properties-
Name: QPOWER
description:
target value: * <== using '*" just to see what gets displayed on my test page; expected to see OK ON or OK OFF but get blank
replace with:

I have other feedback working like Chapter/Track Elapsed Time, Playback State, Audio Details, & Audio Type. All these disappear when you restart the app, and as the doc says, updates are sent if there is a change in status.

I give up on this one unless someone with an OPPO-93 says they have the #QPW (from the DEVICE) returning @QPW with OK ON/OFF (from Feedback) values working...

jidelite
post #9888 of 9961 Old 05-31-2014, 01:15 PM

It appears you're correct about the 93 having an issue with this functionality. I replicated your code/value and placed it next to mine on the panel. I was expecting/hoping to see nothing, but it showed up immediately with "OK OFF". As you said, unless someone else with a 93 found a way around this, I'm out of ideas. If you need something else tested on 103, let me know. Could this be a good excuse to get a 103 ???
post #9889 of 9961 Old 05-31-2014, 03:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

It appears you're correct about the 93 having an issue with this functionality. I replicated your code/value and placed it next to mine on the panel. I was expecting/hoping to see nothing, but it showed up immediately with "OK OFF". As you said, unless someone else with a 93 found a way around this, I'm out of ideas. If you need something else tested on 103, let me know. Could this be a good excuse to get a 103 ???

dzapola, You've been a big help - thanks again! I doubt I get a 103 anytime soon - the 93 with ISO support has been a solid workhorse for me. At least with the UPW feedback, I know the 93 is ON/OFF before I leave my theater room smile.gif. My next RS-232 codes to tackle are for the Sony HW55es, just waiting for my iTach IP2SL to arrive...

jidelite
post #9890 of 9961 Old 05-31-2014, 07:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffneil View Post

Thanks!

Neil

Neil what kind of problems are having with the 1021? I have a 1023 and have started to figure a few things out.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Jeff
post #9891 of 9961 Old 06-03-2014, 08:22 AM
Advanced Member

Just received my iTach IP2SL and hooked up my null serial cable to my Sony HW55ES projector for RS232 control. Using the HW50ES RS232 protocol set (actually using the HW30ES RS-232 codes already in iRule), I have successfully issues a few commands to verify connectivity and that the commands are still valid. I really need some help getting feedback. As a test, I'm only trying to get the POWER STATUS text feedback - I've imported both the 'Sony HW50ES - Tolkenized - Dec 30' and the 'Sony VPLHW50ES' feedbacks from the iRule community (attached them to the HW30ES RS-232 device) but neither are displaying anything. If someone with a HW30ES/HW50ES/HW55ES can guide me thru obtaining feedback I would greatly appreciate it...

jidelite
post #9892 of 9961 Old 06-03-2014, 04:53 PM

That receiver is a piece of junk. When you use airplay it locks up and other uses cause it to lock up. I Have to pull the plug a simple power on and off doesn't resolve the problem. The last particular problem wasn't the receivers fault actually so I am less inclined to replace it - yet smile.gif

I have two of them and I couldn't be less happy with them unfortunately. The good news is they were cheap - got what I paid for this time smile.gif

Neil
post #9893 of 9961 Old 06-04-2014, 07:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jidelite View Post

Just received my iTach IP2SL and hooked up my null serial cable to my Sony HW55ES projector for RS232 control. Using the HW50ES RS232 protocol set (actually using the HW30ES RS-232 codes already in iRule), I have successfully issues a few commands to verify connectivity and that the commands are still valid. I really need some help getting feedback. As a test, I'm only trying to get the POWER STATUS text feedback - I've imported both the 'Sony HW50ES - Tolkenized - Dec 30' and the 'Sony VPLHW50ES' feedbacks from the iRule community (attached them to the HW30ES RS-232 device) but neither are displaying anything. If someone with a HW30ES/HW50ES/HW55ES can guide me thru obtaining feedback I would greatly appreciate it...

jidelite

Well, after a couple of hrs of Googling and tweaking iRule Device/Feedback codes, I got some Status Power query info...now I have to go back and figure out exactly what I did to try and make this process smoother.

jidelite
post #9894 of 9961 Old 06-05-2014, 03:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I'm having some trouble with IRule controlling my JVC RS-45 projector via IP. I had it working perfectly when I first got IRule. It was actually the easiest thing to setup in my system. All of a sudden, the gateway just went red. I didn't change anything. It just stopped working one day on my IPhone and Galaxy Tablet. I've deleted the device in Builder, deleted the Gateway in the app and reconfigured and still can't get it working. I can ping the JVC with my laptop. Now, here's the odd thing. I set up the gateway last night as UDP instead of TCP. It showed green on both of my handsets. The commands didn't work of course but the gateway did. I set it back to TCP and the gateway showed red. The port is correct. I'm beginning to think this is a JVC issue but I don't know what could have possibly happened that would not allow a TCp connection but would allow it to connect via UDP. Any thoughts?
post #9895 of 9961 Old 06-05-2014, 03:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVoth View Post

I'm having some trouble with IRule controlling my JVC RS-45 projector via IP. I had it working perfectly when I first got IRule. It was actually the easiest thing to setup in my system. All of a sudden, the gateway just went red. I didn't change anything. It just stopped working one day on my IPhone and Galaxy Tablet.
You didn't happen to switch the 'communication termal' setting to RS-232C in the menus, did you? It can be LAN or RS-232C; if it's set to RS-232C, the network interface will still be live, and you can ping the projector, but it won't let iRule open a gateway connection.

Yes, I found this out the hard way. I'd switched it over to RS-232 to do some testing months earlier, then when I went back to IP control, it took me a couple of days to figure out it was in the dang menu.

SC

I've got GAS: Gadget Acquisition Syndrome.
post #9896 of 9961 Old 06-05-2014, 04:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecrabb View Post

You didn't happen to switch the 'communication termal' setting to RS-232C in the menus, did you? It can be LAN or RS-232C; if it's set to RS-232C, the network interface will still be live, and you can ping the projector, but it won't let iRule open a gateway connection.

Yes, I found this out the hard way. I'd switched it over to RS-232 to do some testing months earlier, then when I went back to IP control, it took me a couple of days to figure out it was in the dang menu.

SC
Nope. I checked it. I even changed the IP address to see if that would help. Also, there are no IP conflicts on my network. I have my cable modem/router set to DHCP but the range only goes from 2 to 200. I have my PJ set at 248. Subnet mask and everything are all correct. It seems like it is something simple but I have no idea what it could be.
post #9897 of 9961 Old 06-06-2014, 06:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I'm having some trouble with IRule controlling my JVC RS-45 projector via IP. I had it working perfectly when I first got IRule. It was actually the easiest thing to setup in my system. All of a sudden, the gateway just went red. I didn't change anything. It just stopped working one day on my IPhone and Galaxy Tablet. I've deleted the device in Builder, deleted the Gateway in the app and reconfigured and still can't get it working. I can ping the JVC with my laptop. Now, here's the odd thing. I set up the gateway last night as UDP instead of TCP. It showed green on both of my handsets. The commands didn't work of course but the gateway did. I set it back to TCP and the gateway showed red. The port is correct. I'm beginning to think this is a JVC issue but I don't know what could have possibly happened that would not allow a TCp connection but would allow it to connect via UDP. Any thoughts?
I tried another thing this morning. I could get the gateway to connect and go green if I didn't have a device associated with it. As soon as I assigned the JVC to it, it goes red. But I don't understand what could be wrong with this projector if I can ping it with zero packet loss. It just seems like IRule and this projector decided to stop working together for some reason.
post #9898 of 9961 Old 06-06-2014, 09:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I tried another thing this morning. I could get the gateway to connect and go green if I didn't have a device associated with it. As soon as I assigned the JVC to it, it goes red. But I don't understand what could be wrong with this projector if I can ping it with zero packet loss. It just seems like IRule and this projector decided to stop working together for some reason.

JVoth, I don't have a JVC RS-45 but if you run out of ideas (and have some patience) I would remove iRule from the equation and try using the Docklight Scripting tool to
debug - saved me from a lot of IP/RS232 head scratching. If you haven't used it make sure you download 'Docklight Scripting' but it might take a while to get the hang of it.
Check iRule tutorial to get started ...

jidelite
post #9899 of 9961 Old 06-06-2014, 09:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

dzapola, Got all my 'necessary' RS232 device/feedback codes working great with my SONY HW55ES - had to use a HW50ES RS232 protocol doc that I found and after that everything fell into place (but made a lot of fat-finger mistakes making my own get/query commands)...I then went back to the OPPO codes thinking I fat-fingered something. Started reading the OPPO RS232 doc again and compared my code and DUH!...right in front of me was my stupid mistake that has plagued me for years! Under my OPPO Device my code for Query Power Status was QPW (I had forgotten to end the command with a carriage return/x0d) - so it wasn't my Feedback code at all. Changed my query code to QPW\x0D and bang, problem solved!!

jidelite
post #9900 of 9961 Old 06-06-2014, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:

That's strange… If there's no device attached to a gateway, iRule won't actually try to connect to the gateway. It shouldn't go green at all in that case; it should be white. Are you sure your gateways are configured correctly, i.e. right devices attached to correct gateways?

Again, at matters not that you can ping it. That's precisely how the projector will behave if it's switched to RS-232 control. It has an IP, you can ping it with zero packet loss, and it looks alive and ready to rock and roll - you just can't control it. I know you checked it, but I'd try switching it to RS-232 and then back to LAN and see if that has any effect.

Make yourself one new panel with one new page. Put one button on it - the menu command. Make sure it's from the right device and that device is attached to the correct gateway. If that doesn't yield results, jidelite's suggestion of Docklight is the next thing I'd try.

See if you can send just the menu command from Docklight and make the menu appear. If you can, then you know something is wrong with your iRule config. If you can't make it work with Docklight, then look to the LAN and/or projector.

Cheers,
SC

I've got GAS: Gadget Acquisition Syndrome.
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr 3311ci Receiver , Sharp Aquos , Lcd Hdtv , Receivers Amplifiers , Philips Pronto Tsu7000 The Intelligent Remote Control For Home Theater
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page