post #10021 of 10026 Old 09-19-2014, 07:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by audio2xs View Post
iTach units have to be configured for the blaster. It's in their web interface.

I am using an emitter on output #3 . I'm not following you as to why I am getting every 2 or 3 commands accepted. IR blaster - is that an emitter? Could this error be because I have it configured as a blaster?

Thanks for the help!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

There are more than a handful of [op amps] that sound so good that most designers want to be using them as opposed to discreet transistors. Dave Reich, Theta 2009

Last edited by thebland; 09-19-2014 at 08:48 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10022 of 10026 Old 09-19-2014, 10:54 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by osupike99 View Post
Yes there are shortcuts and if you need something that is not there, you can get the ID of the app from Roku's website. For example,

http://www.roku.com/channels/#!detai...-instant-video

See 13 in the URL? That's the ID of the app.

Alex
Alex, thanks. That helps. By the way, i was wanted to add Dish World app, and under dishworld i found the package. However are there codes for these channels within the DishWorld/Hindi sections, anyway to find these out? Here is the example.
post #10023 of 10026 Old 09-19-2014, 12:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 19
The itach output must be configured for a blaster. Go into the web interface, you'll see it there. If that output is set for an emitter it won't work well at all with a blaster connected.
post #10024 of 10026 Old 09-19-2014, 04:41 PM

Back on the computer, I can be more detailed. In a browser, open the IP2IR or WF2IR's IP address. if you don't know it, download iHelp and run it, it will find the iTach beacon and tell you it's IP address. When you put the IP address into a browser, the web interface will open. Hit the "Infrared" link, and in the drop menu by Connector 3 you'll find the Blaster. Select that, you're good.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IP2IR1.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	270025   Click image for larger version

Name:	IP2IR2.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	270033  
post #10025 of 10026 Old 09-19-2014, 07:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by audio2xs View Post
The itach output must be configured for a blaster. Go into the web interface, you'll see it there. If that output is set for an emitter it won't work well at all with a blaster connected.
I just checked my GC> I am set up on output 3 for IR out. So, all seems correct. I tried two IR emitters. Why am I getting only sporadic commands going through? I am right on top of the sensor and my other whole house multi-room emitter that is also on the same Xfinity box works perfectly?!

Not sure what to do...

What is the 'IR, No Carrier' setting?

Thanks for the help!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

There are more than a handful of [op amps] that sound so good that most designers want to be using them as opposed to discreet transistors. Dave Reich, Theta 2009
post #10026 of 10026 Old 09-19-2014, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post
I just checked my GC> I am set up on output 3 for IR out. So, all seems correct.
IR out is correct only for the small emitters, for the blaster on output 3 you must have it set for IR Blaster, your you'll get sporadic commands.
Quote:
I tried two IR emitters. Why am I getting only sporadic commands going through? I am right on top of the sensor and my other whole house multi-room emitter that is also on the same Xfinity box works perfectly?!
OK, lets take this a step at a time. When you say you tried two IR emitters, what kind are they? There are several kinds:
1. Single emitters with visible "flasher" indicator LED
2. Dual emitters (two on one connector) with visible "flasher" LED. These won't work with iTach, don't use them.
3. Single emitters with no visible flasher
4. Dual emitters with no visible flasher. These are OK to use with iTach.
5. high power IR "Blaster" emitters, designed for large area or long distance. These only work in Connector 3, and only when set for IR Blaster.

For iTach, the rule is one emitter with flasher LED per connector, or two non-flasher emitters per connector. Again, the blaster is special, connector 3 only.

Next, you should confirm that the emitter you are trying to use for the Xfinity box is on the correct connector, and that the device is assigned to the right output in your gateway configuration. You could be sending commands from the wrong emitter, and it will sort of work sometimes because the emitter is throwing just enough IR on the device sensor to work a little bit.

And next, the commands to Xfinity need to be paced a little more slowly. For direct channel access, I use a 1 second delay between commands.

Finally, what's this "other whole house multi-room emitter that is also on the same Xfinity box"? Is that some other system, like an IR repeater? If so, get that thing out of there. Some of those things just chatter a bit, throwing IR junk all the time unless the are hit with an actual command. That can literally jam what the iTach is trying to do. Disconnect that other emitter, make sure it's not active in any way, and try your iTach system.
Quote:
Not sure what to do...

What is the 'IR, No Carrier' setting?
Where do you see that?
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr 3311ci Receiver , Sharp Aquos , Lcd Hdtv , Receivers Amplifiers , Philips Pronto Tsu7000 The Intelligent Remote Control For Home Theater
Gear in this thread - Tsu7000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page