iRule - Page 336 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #10051 of 10060 Old 09-25-2014, 07:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Is the WiFi ir box included when purchasing irule, or is that a separate item I need to get everything working??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gamertag:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10052 of 10060 Old 09-26-2014, 08:01 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzener View Post
Is the WiFi ir box included when purchasing irule, or is that a separate item I need to get everything working??
it's not included, but whether or not you need it depends on what gear you're trying to control.

post #10053 of 10060 Old 09-26-2014, 12:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by fumoffu View Post
I have attached two screen shots for what I did to get a feedback button.

I have a relay on a GC-100 I use to power sequence some amps. With these conditional, variables and feedbacks I have it programmed so when the relay is closed ( amps on ), the button is a green power button, and when it's off it's the red one.

First I configured a feedback by connect to the device and using the "set variable" field of "Relay 1" to be "stateRelay1" ( note you don't need to hit the gears here, it's always a variable).

The I added the if else conditional to the power button press as shown below. When pressed both the state viable and the variable for the image are updated.

Lastly, I configured an entrance program to run the query, and update the image to that the image will be in sync from other action. I enabled repeats here every 1 second.

I did get tricked up with the conditionals, I just entered my variable into the field like the feedback's "set variable" field. However this was just a string and didn't compare correctly. For conditionals you have to click on the gear to the the $variable$.

Now this whole thing was rather time consuming, and now that these feature are here I need to figure out exactly what to do with them...

Very nice example, I am still trying to wrap my head around the conditional structure with no luck so far, quick question are you not worried about the query repeating itself every 1 second as this might interfere with other commands that you send to the device, I know that iRule talks about setting it to repeat at a suggested time frame of 15 seconds in their documentation?

With that said any suggestions on what I am trying to accomplish would be appreciated:

On my Music Panel, I have an entrance that queries the volume, Input and Tuner Frequency (FM 95.5) and then I have my textual feedback set up on my page and all works well.

In my particular case I only use two inputs on this page, Tuner and Internet Radio, so when I change from Tuner to Internet Radio, the textual feedback still shows the Tuner's frequency, I really would like to remove the tuner frequency textual feedback when I change to "Internet Radio" as I currently not sure my receiver can give me feedback on the "Internet Radio" channel it is on, though I am looking currently.

Any help would be great as I am not new to iRule, but I am to using variables and the new Conditional commands.

Thanks

Jeff
post #10054 of 10060 Old 09-28-2014, 03:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have a few questions. I have been using iRule for almost 3 years now and very happy with it. I invested a considerable amount of time in setting up my handset of choice....iPad......and have not updated much other than setting up the different "states" on my buttons when pressed. It does everything I need. The only problem I have been experiencing is with my OPPO BDP-93 is about 1/2 the time I cannot open my dvd tray using iRule. I can open it with the standard remote or the Oppo app on my iphone. Once I use the remote for one command I am able to use my irule remote. I am using RS232 so just curious if anyone else has experienced this or what I might do to solve this.

I just picked up my iPhone 6 so I am assuming irule will be coming out with a handset dedicated to this new screen size soon?

thanks for any help. Mark

post #10055 of 10060 Old 09-28-2014, 04:25 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGO2XS View Post
I have a few questions. I have been using iRule for almost 3 years now and very happy with it. I invested a considerable amount of time in setting up my handset of choice....iPad......and have not updated much other than setting up the different "states" on my buttons when pressed. It does everything I need. The only problem I have been experiencing is with my OPPO BDP-93 is about 1/2 the time I cannot open my dvd tray using iRule. I can open it with the standard remote or the Oppo app on my iphone. Once I use the remote for one command I am able to use my irule remote. I am using RS232 so just curious if anyone else has experienced this or what I might do to solve this.

I just picked up my iPhone 6 so I am assuming irule will be coming out with a handset dedicated to this new screen size soon?

thanks for any help. Mark
From the OPPO BDP-93 RS232 protocol sheet:

"Commands are executed in the order they are received. The host should wait for a
response from the player before sending the next command.

If the player receives a new command before executing the previous command, the
player may discard the previous command.

If the host does not receive a response from the player 10 seconds after the command is issued, the host may consider the command or response lost during transmission, and can retransmit the command."

This tells me that repeated commands could be a problem. You can each command to repeat or not, or tell it how many times. RS232 commands should be sent once, and you have to wait until the response has cleared before the BDP is ready for another.

Not sure if that'll fix your issue, but worth checking. What GC unit are you using?
post #10056 of 10060 Old 09-28-2014, 04:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by audio2xs View Post
From the OPPO BDP-93 RS232 protocol sheet:

"Commands are executed in the order they are received. The host should wait for a
response from the player before sending the next command.

If the player receives a new command before executing the previous command, the
player may discard the previous command.

Not sure if that'll fix your issue, but worth checking. What GC unit are you using?
I have the GC-100-18r unit. I also noticed I am using an older BDP-83 network command. It has always worked but I see there is a newer version.

post #10057 of 10060 Old Today, 07:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 180
What would be the best home automation controller to use with iRule today? Should I go with a MCV Vera and get the module?

post #10058 of 10060 Old Today, 09:32 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked: 139
DRAWERs

Can you have two sets of drawers for using iRUle with a home thetaer system in one room and a TV/cable system in another? I'd like one set to control SSP volume and other settings and TV volume and other settings on a second set of drawers.

I can't figure it out (if you can)?

Thanks!

There are more than a handful of [op amps] that sound so good that most designers want to be using them as opposed to discreet transistors. Dave Reich, Theta 2009
post #10059 of 10060 Old Today, 09:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentson View Post
I have had no luck getting Xfinity to work.
Will try to Output 3 Blaster trick - THANKS!

Is there currently a set of Xfinity codes being shared on iRule that have had success.
Haven't looked in a while & just resigned myself to switch to the iPad app for TV control - would prefer to stay in iRule.

Thanks guys
I'm using the following with the X1 DVR:

Xfinity PX001ANM Cable Box Code Group 1
Xfinity PX001ANM Cable Box Code Group 2

- Move Along...There is Nothing To See Here.
post #10060 of 10060 Old Today, 03:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Checking power state of a component?

This is a very long thread and I tried to find what I wanted in it but it was not easy.

I am new to iRule and have been using Harmony remotes up till now.

I toyed with iRule or Roomie and decided on iRule because 1) I could try it out for 30 days and 2) I didn't have to purchase any IOS device (I am using iRule on my Nexus 7).

The programming is not trivial and the Wizards are not that useful when you try to create more than one activity that looks the same to iRule (like watch a video). For me I can watch videos using a Popcorn Hour, PS3 or BD player.

I am using iRule with a Global iTach WiFi2IR device.

It's been a challenge but I am getting there.

I now find I need to get into conditionals and variables to possibly achieve my next step.

The Popcorn Hour does not appear to have discrete codes for Power On/Off, just a toggle.

I am using the existing templates and programmed the System Standby button to pretty much turn off everything. For devices that have discrete Power On/Off that's fine. But if I am in an activity that did not use the Popcorn, then that button switches it on.

Is there a way to set a variable (perhaps on the Entrance to watching the Popcorn) and check that value in the System Standby button so it will not issue a power toggle to the Popcorn if it wasn't set?

I couldn't find that in the documentation.

Thanks
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr 3311ci Receiver , Sharp Aquos , Lcd Hdtv , Receivers Amplifiers , Philips Pronto Tsu7000 The Intelligent Remote Control For Home Theater
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page