Forum Jump: 

post #10141 of 10155 Old 10-24-2014, 09:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator99 View Post
Thanks, I have not tried Eventghost in a very long while as I don't want any IR used in my system. Can you tell me if Eventghost can be controlled only via IP control?
Eventghost can be sent UDP packets to control it, certainly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10142 of 10155 Old 10-25-2014, 06:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfatula View Post
Eventghost can be sent UDP packets to control it, certainly.
Thanks both for the comments. I did a little reading and yes looks like eventghost might do what I need as far as getting feedback from WMC but really wish there was another way as event ghost is not too user friendly especially since MCE Controller was really easy to setup. I will keep digging.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Jeff
post #10143 of 10155 Old 10-25-2014, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Thanks both for the comments. I did a little reading and yes looks like eventghost might do what I need as far as getting feedback from WMC but really wish there was another way as event ghost is not too user friendly especially since MCE Controller was really easy to setup. I will keep digging.
Once you get it working, it's not so bad. I use an iRule keyboard via Eventghost to XBMC. Hated the on screen keyboard for searches and stuff. Use Eventghost for other functions too to replace IR on the htpc.
post #10144 of 10155 Old 10-25-2014, 07:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfatula View Post
Once you get it working, it's not so bad. I use an iRule keyboard via Eventghost to XBMC. Hated the on screen keyboard for searches and stuff. Use Eventghost for other functions too to replace IR on the htpc.
Thanks, the problem is that MCE controller does everything I need except for feedback to iRule.

Jeff
post #10145 of 10155 Old 10-25-2014, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Thanks, the problem is that MCE controller does everything I need except for feedback to iRule.
So, that means it does not do everything you need. I guess you have to decide how important feedback is to you.
post #10146 of 10155 Old 10-25-2014, 07:14 AM
AVS Special Member

That it does but after twenty years of playing with my setups I am almost done tinkering.....

Although who am I to give up....

Jeff

Last edited by Gator99; 10-25-2014 at 09:35 AM.
post #10147 of 10155 Old 10-26-2014, 01:52 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Just lost control of my Marantz sr5008 connected through network. Can't figure it out. Marantz is on the network since it can access pandora and such. However, there is no response to irule inputs. I had it fine for several months , now it's not working. Any ideas?
post #10148 of 10155 Old 10-26-2014, 02:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mciaglia View Post
Just lost control of my Marantz sr5008 connected through network. Can't figure it out. Marantz is on the network since it can access pandora and such. However, there is no response to irule inputs. I had it fine for several months , now it's not working. Any ideas?

The IP address may have changed. You can use the Fing app to query you network to find such addresses, and compare the results with those specified in the iRule app.

Steve Goff
post #10149 of 10155 Old 10-26-2014, 02:38 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
That fixed it. Thanks so much!!! What a bad ass app. I don't know what is better the fact you were able to tell me how to fix it or the power of these forums to get an answer on a Sunday afternoon
post #10150 of 10155 Old 10-26-2014, 08:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mciaglia View Post
That fixed it. Thanks so much!!! What a bad ass app. I don't know what is better the fact you were able to tell me how to fix it or the power of these forums to get an answer on a Sunday afternoon

Cool! Glad to help. To prevent it happening again change the receiver to a static IP address or reserve the address in your router.

Steve Goff
post #10151 of 10155 Old 10-28-2014, 03:48 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
I am having an issue that I can't seem to resolve. I use an old first generation ipod Touch as the remote for my basic living room set up. Intermittently over the last 2 months or so it would lose gateway connection to my ip2sl itach that controls my LG TV via serial cable. The gateway icon would turn yellow, IP commands to my DTV box continued to work. Sometimes exiting from the living room panel and going back to it would fix the issue, sometimes rebooting the itach would fix it, sometimes time would fix it. It increased frequency and duration in the last week or so. I replaced the gigabit switch with another one, swapped out some network cables. This didn't alleviate the issue. I am able to log in to the itach via its static IP address from a computer, my android tablets that I use for control elsewhere in the house can connect to it and seem to remain so though I haven't had extensive testing there yet, so I'm down to thinking this is an ipod issue. Am I missing something else? The same ipod connects fine to other itach devices that control IR in my kitchen for example. An IP camera I have plugged in to the same switch does not seem to have any connection issues. Intermittent network issues are a giant pain. Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions/sure fire remedies?

PSN ID: Seldom_Seen
post #10152 of 10155 Old 10-28-2014, 04:17 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeldomSeen31 View Post
I am having an issue that I can't seem to resolve. I use an old first generation ipod Touch as the remote for my basic living room set up. Intermittently over the last 2 months or so it would lose gateway connection to my ip2sl itach that controls my LG TV via serial cable. The gateway icon would turn yellow, IP commands to my DTV box continued to work. Sometimes exiting from the living room panel and going back to it would fix the issue, sometimes rebooting the itach would fix it, sometimes time would fix it. It increased frequency and duration in the last week or so. I replaced the gigabit switch with another one, swapped out some network cables. This didn't alleviate the issue. I am able to log in to the itach via its static IP address from a computer, my android tablets that I use for control elsewhere in the house can connect to it and seem to remain so though I haven't had extensive testing there yet, so I'm down to thinking this is an ipod issue. Am I missing something else? The same ipod connects fine to other itach devices that control IR in my kitchen for example. An IP camera I have plugged in to the same switch does not seem to have any connection issues. Intermittent network issues are a giant pain. Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions/sure fire remedies?
The only time I've run into that is when running multiple remotes at the same time, it seems to lock up the GC. It's rare for me to run iRule on anything other than my 2nd gen iPad Mini Retina so I don't experience it often, but I've never been able to track it back to any other activity or network event other than the act of using a different remote. I have 1 IP2SL and 2 RS232 GC's and when it happens they all experience the issue. To fix I've either rebooted the GC's or kill the application on the secondary mobile device, but I still have no idea why it happens.

Home Theater Build in Progress (Contemporary living room, Klipsch RF-7 II 5.2 audio, Sony VPL-HW50ES Projector, Da-Lite 16:9 159" HP, recessed Mid Atlantic rack, etc)
post #10153 of 10155 Old 10-28-2014, 04:26 PM
Advanced Member

Strange one for sure. Thanks for the reply. I have 2 Android devices connected and controlling the ip2sl right now and both of my iPod touches show yellow.

I wish I had thought it was an iPod issue before spending a few hours behind the tv messing with cables, replacing switches, etc.

post #10154 of 10155 Old 10-28-2014, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeldomSeen31 View Post
In your IP2SL, under Serial settings, do you have Multiple Ports set to ON? If not, try that. What that does is allow up to 4 concurrent connections.

Alex
post #10155 of 10155 Old 10-28-2014, 05:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by osupike99 View Post
In your IP2SL, under Serial settings, do you have Multiple Ports set to ON? If not, try that. What that does is allow up to 4 concurrent connections.

Alex
Yes, multiple ports is set to enabled.

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr 3311ci Receiver , Sharp Aquos , Lcd Hdtv , Receivers Amplifiers , Philips Pronto Tsu7000 The Intelligent Remote Control For Home Theater
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page