Forum Jump: 

post #10201 of 10225 Old 11-19-2014, 09:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDHolmes View Post
Hard to try the codes since I don't have an OPPO!
Of course ! lol
Can you share it ? Maybe we can try.

Now on AVS, discover a plug and play setup for HTPC, with amazing video quality: the Config Kaz 7 !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10202 of 10225 Old 11-19-2014, 03:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ediddy View Post
Is there anybody out there running an OPPO 103 that uses IRule? I just got the pro license and I'm trying to figure out what hardware I'll need. I am also running a Sony VPL ES55 with an integra 80.3. iRule support said I might be able to control the projector via Hdmi through my integra. Anybody out there have any luck?
Don't think I would use HDMI CEC with my 55ES but the manual says you can use HDMI control for Power off/on (but I think to control other devices to power on/off). I use RS232 (have a GC-100-12 (from ebay) and a iTach ip2SL) to control my 55ES and OPPO 93 - works great and with feedback it makes iRule that more powerful.

jidelite
post #10203 of 10225 Old 11-19-2014, 07:49 PM
d_c
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Are there ANY clear tutorials, videos, instruction, links, or discussion on implementing any of my hardware below? The iRule tutorials have 75% of the info (I have been through all of them at least twice, PDF and videos) and the forum discussion is all over the place. I need to follow at least one part START TO FINISH to get the programming down, ie, Insteon scenes (which I have ready) linked to the ISY module to buttons on the remote connected to my device (iPhones). I understand some parts of each tutorial but cannot link them together to get much of anything to happen. I really want to make this work because I have seen it work the way I need it to, but am very frustrated over the 16 hours or more I have put in to this with almost nothing. There seems to be people who understand this right away that are on a level so far ahead and others like me drowning. I have the next 4 days off and am determined to get this going. Here's what I am using below:

iPhone 4 handsets
Insteon lighting
ISY994i (scenes configured, Mobilic app controlled for now, gateway connects)
GC 100-16 (configured, gateway connected)
ISY Module
Onkyo/Integra Module (this one was easy, the tutorial explained it)
Vizeo LCD display
AT&T Uverse (Motorola)
Win7 HTPC / JRiver
Sony BD player

Would starting an "iRule for Dummies" thread be appropriate for those that are left with their wheels spinning like myself after reading the tutorials?
Thanks!
Doug

Last edited by d_c; 11-19-2014 at 07:57 PM.
post #10204 of 10225 Old 11-19-2014, 08:01 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can the newer model samsung tv be control over Ip
I decompile the Samsung apk don't know what I'm looking for in side of it anybody help
post #10205 of 10225 Old 11-21-2014, 02:18 PM
d_c
Advanced Member

I have a functioning iRule handset thanks to Gator99!!

Now I need to get a switch controlled with Insteon. My handset is linked to my ISY Gateway and is connected, but I'm not sure I'm coding them right. I'm following this example to build my device code for a Dual-band dimmer switch to control an LED light:

I entered this in the "NAME" field in Properties: Device ID 10:A7:50
(I entered this n the "data" filed of Properties: rest/nodes/10%20A7%2050%201/cmd/DON/255

I dropped this into my "light-on" macro
saved
synced

nothin'. What am I missing?
post #10206 of 10225 Old 11-21-2014, 02:18 PM
d_c
Advanced Member

Now I need to get a switch controlled with Insteon. My handset is linked to my ISY Gateway and is connected, but I'm not sure I'm coding them right. I'm following this example to build my device code for a Dual-band dimmer switch to control an LED light:

I entered this in the "data" filed of Properties: rest/nodes/10%20A7%2050%201/cmd/DON/255

saved it
saved
synced

post #10207 of 10225 Old 11-21-2014, 02:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Those with more experience with iRule, would you recommend a 7" or 10" tablet? A 7" would be much easier to handle and cheaper, but I think the 10" might give me make creating panels less cramped?

And please help d_c, I'm going to have to start working with iRule soon, and he's local, so I may want to pick his brain when I get there.
d_c likes this.

The Hodor Theater - In Progress
Projector - Panasonic PT-AE8000U
LCR speakers - JTR Noesis 228 HT
Surround/Back Speakers - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M
Subwoofers - Dual Passive JTR Captivator Pros
Receiver - Onkyo TX-SR608
post #10208 of 10225 Old 11-21-2014, 03:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
Those with more experience with iRule, would you recommend a 7" or 10" tablet? A 7" would be much easier to handle and cheaper, but I think the 10" might give me make creating panels less cramped?

And please help d_c, I'm going to have to start working with iRule soon, and he's local, so I may want to pick his brain when I get there.
I've set up iRule on an iPad Mini (first gen) and a Nexus 7 (2013) as well as an HP Touchpad which is the same size and resolution as an old iPad. I prefer the mini tablets for remote use. If I was given both an iPad Mini and Nexus 7 I'm not sure what I would go with. For the price I'd pick the Nexus every time. The only reason I'd go with the iPad Mini is because iRule seems to focus on iOS first and then Android.

post #10209 of 10225 Old 11-21-2014, 04:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj View Post
I've set up iRule on an iPad Mini (first gen) and a Nexus 7 (2013) as well as an HP Touchpad which is the same size and resolution as an old iPad. I prefer the mini tablets for remote use. If I was given both an iPad Mini and Nexus 7 I'm not sure what I would go with. For the price I'd pick the Nexus every time. The only reason I'd go with the iPad Mini is because iRule seems to focus on iOS first and then Android.
For a dedicated remote, I think a 16 GB Apple refurb. iPad mini retina (1. gen) make an excellent choice:
1) holding a smaller (screen) size (7") is easier
2) retina screen for a crisper display, rather than the original low res. model
3) Apple refurb, because they can be had much cheaper than the 2. gen mini retina - apart from the finger print sensor, the h/w is the same. I do not need such a sensor on my remote
4) 16 GB, i.e. the entry level - it is a remote, so only minimal storage is needed
5) iRule seems to focus on iOS over Android

Hope this helps.
_____
Axel
johnsills1 likes this.

post #10210 of 10225 Old 11-21-2014, 06:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_c View Post

(I entered this n the "data" filed of Properties: rest/nodes/10%20A7%2050%201/cmd/DON/255

saved
synced

Doug, to be clear in your example above for your ISY command, you need to make sure you replace the 10:A7:50 with the insteon address of your device, the example 10:A7:50 is just an example, each insteon has a unique address. Once you have found your unique address "xx:xx:xx", the data command would be .. rest/nodes/xx%20xx%20xx%201/cmd/DON/255

Jeff
post #10211 of 10225 Old 11-21-2014, 07:18 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
has anybody tried this product
http://lightberry.eu/#page-8
post #10212 of 10225 Old 11-21-2014, 07:58 PM
d_c
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator99 View Post
Doug, to be clear in your example above for your ISY command, you need to make sure you replace the 10:A7:50 with the insteon address of your device, the example 10:A7:50 is just an example, each insteon has a unique address. Once you have found your unique address "xx:xx:xx", the data command would be .. rest/nodes/xx%20xx%20xx%201/cmd/DON/255

Yes, this I did. I tried it for a couple of different switches too. There is an on, off, and 50% example that I found in the search within iRule. I swapped out the numbers of their device with my own. I will try it again with one you just posted above.
post #10213 of 10225 Old Yesterday, 12:59 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj View Post
Have you had any issues with your Nexus 7 freezing? I'm constantly having it freeze, or press the button multiple times.
post #10214 of 10225 Old Yesterday, 06:40 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Noob to the irule deal but I've read as much as I could. Does anyone use irule to fully automate security and heating? Can it even do that?

HTPC are awesome get one today!
post #10215 of 10225 Old Yesterday, 06:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelp2005 View Post
Have you had any issues with your Nexus 7 freezing? I'm constantly having it freeze, or press the button multiple times.
Something is happening to my nexus 7 (2013). As you indicated it freezes plus it crashes if I have conditionals in my main entrance support so far has not been able to figure it out.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Jeff
post #10216 of 10225 Old Yesterday, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Yes, this I did. I tried it for a couple of different switches too. There is an on, off, and 50% example that I found in the search within iRule. I swapped out the numbers of their device with my own. I will try it again with one you just posted above.
Doug first things first are you able to control your switch from the isy PC interface or phone app?

Next have to ask but is the isy have a static IP as we discussed the other day? Or does the irule app show the gateway to the isy as connected?

Jeff
post #10217 of 10225 Old Yesterday, 11:08 AM
d_c
Advanced Member

iRule

Quote:
Doug first things first are you able to control your switch from the isy PC interface or phone app?

Next have to ask but is the isy have a static IP as we discussed the other day? Or does the irule app show the gateway to the isy as connected?

Yes and yes

ISY program works great, all devices connect

Mobilinc free app works, but is limited to 4 devices to control (Mobilinc app screenshot)

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416679448.885324.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	379945

I have deselected DHCP in isy and entered the info manually. I am getting connection at the iPhone (iPhone screenshot below)

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416679672.594789.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	379961
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416679439.198697.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	379937  
post #10218 of 10225 Old Yesterday, 11:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Not sure if no one else chimes in here I would post on I rules forum. Sorry

Edit. Since I don't use the isy is it possible that you are using IR commands from your iRule devices. I am not even sure they exist but remember we changed your onkyo from IR to IP.

Jeff

Last edited by Gator99; Yesterday at 12:02 PM.
post #10219 of 10225 Old Yesterday, 12:13 PM
d_c
Advanced Member

They are ip for sure. The connection indicator in the lower left of the iPhone signals when the button is depressed, stays green throughout. I think it's somewhere between how I made the button, the code, and isy
post #10220 of 10225 Old Yesterday, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by osupike99 View Post
As for Insteon.... You can control it in 3 ways...

2. Insteon Hub/Smartlinc. You can control these directly over their network connection. Commands are in the builder. Search for Type=Lighting + Vendor=Insteon
Hello again... finally getting around to attempting this.
I purchased the Hub and two Insteon dimmer switches.

It seems that the only way to pull this off in iRule is through a bit of a hack, but I think I'm not fully understanding how to use the RAW codes, has anyone here successfully integrated the Insteon Hub into iRule and care to share your learnings?

I've not installed anything yet as I want to understand how I'm going to accomplish this before I open boxes, do wiring/install, and screw around with my iRule setup.

In reading about this, it seems that the ISY box is the better solution but it's also about $150 more than the Hub (plus I got the Hub at Best Buy)...

thanks.
post #10221 of 10225 Old Yesterday, 05:10 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Make sure in the app, you are creating a HTTP GATEWAY with port 80 (ISY default) and make sure you are populating username and password fields with the username and password you use for accessing ISY's web interface or Java console.

Alex
Gator99 likes this.
post #10222 of 10225 Old Yesterday, 07:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by petercw2 View Post

It seems that the only way to pull this off in iRule is through a bit of a hack, but I think I'm not fully understanding how to use the RAW codes, has anyone here successfully integrated the Insteon Hub into iRule and care to share your learnings?

I've not installed anything yet as I want to understand how I'm going to accomplish this before I open boxes, do wiring/install, and screw around with my iRule setup.

In reading about this, it seems that the ISY box is the better solution but it's also about $150 more than the Hub (plus I got the Hub at Best Buy)...

thanks.
I wouldn't say I have fully integrated my hub and insteon equipment yet but I have simple commands that turn off and on my lights, from what I understand the isy module includes sliders for dimming and I am not sure but feedback might be easier as well but I haven't gotten fully engaged in the setup yet.

The sample commands in the builder will get you started. Is there something more specific you need?

Jeff
post #10223 of 10225 Old Yesterday, 09:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by petercw2 View Post

thanks.
I had a Smartlinc 2412N die on me so I had to switch to the Hub. All I do for my lights is On, Off, and incremental Dim with feedback (is that full integration ). Once I got the Hub setup, my commands for iRule remained the same and the Hub has been stable. For what I use my lights for the ISY was overkill for me.

jidelite
post #10224 of 10225 Old Yesterday, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jidelite View Post
I had a Smartlinc 2412N die on me so I had to switch to the Hub. All I do for my lights is On, Off, and incremental Dim with feedback (is that full integration ). Once I got the Hub setup, my commands for iRule remained the same and the Hub has been stable. For what I use my lights for the ISY was overkill for me.
Quote:
The sample commands in the builder will get you started. Is there something more specific you need?

Ok, this is very helpful. I only have two dimmer switches (theater room & hallway) and a plug module (LED rope lighting) that I want to be able to control in iRule. So maybe this is exactly what I need.

I guess where I'm getting lost is how you build it in iRule.

I'm guessing that you drop a network code from the Insteon RAW scenes, but I don't understand how
1) you adjust the "data" in the properties to address a specific light
2) where you find the address for each of the different lights

it appears that you set up each switch in the Insteon Hub app by simply "adding" them. Should I assume the app also gives me the IP or whatever address I need to point to that switch?

Is there a different set of codes I should be utilizing?
Can you still create macros with this setup?

thanks again.
post #10225 of 10225 Old Today, 06:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuya (FR) View Post
Of course ! lol
Can you share it ? Maybe we can try.
I'm guessing those IP codes are the ones I have seen around and are probably not easy to implement. I know irule decided against trying to get them working. It's not as easy as adding the Oppo as a gateway and then firing off commands. I think they have to make an initial communication first. I've got the a PDF of them and would be happy to PM them to anyone who wants to give it a go.

Right now I'm using IP commands but I did buy the parts to run RS-232.

I'm searching for the IP commands that will allow me to push media to the Oppo. I think they are upnp commands that need to be sent from a DMC to the Oppo as a DMR. If anyone comes across any of those or has any knowledge about them any help would be appreciated.
Kazuya (FR) likes this.
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr 3311ci Receiver , Sharp Aquos , Lcd Hdtv , Receivers Amplifiers , Philips Pronto Tsu7000 The Intelligent Remote Control For Home Theater
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page