post #10231 of 10235 Old 11-23-2014, 05:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by petercw2 View Post
ok, I'm deep into this and have the Hub running, the switches installed and the app working.

Now getting into iRule... re: the "scenes": where do you find the reference number for the scene to adjust the code?

again, thanks for the help
I assume you created a scene in the HUB app? If so look in the settings there. I believe group number = scene #

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10232 of 10235 Old Yesterday, 12:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jidelite View Post
petercw2, So far you have gotten good advice - get the hub setup first (make sure you can control your lights with app etc.), setup your Hub with a static IP and then tackle iRule. Here is a link to the iRule forum where there was some discussion on how to setup a Smartlinc to control lights: https://getsatisfaction.com/irule/to...etwork_gateway
Don't let the Smartlinc (2412N) talk throw you, commands to control lights are the same; the only difference is the Gateway setup. Also in the post are links to Insteon Command lists - something you should probably have handy if you want to understand what the codes mean (warning though, you may come out having more questions than answers ). Last but not least, once you get all your lights working you may then want feedback - not the easiest thing to do but I had to use 'Docklight Scripting' to understand what codes were being sent. I finally got a 'one code fits all' feedback by Tokenizing my feedbacks. Tokenizing was important because as you add lights to your Insteon network a database 'delta' in the return codes passed by Insteon changes thus throwing off feedback - I learned to bypass this code. I have not shared any of my devices/feedback but I will check to see what's been shared to see if any is close to what I have...

jidelite
Checked the User community ->Lighting, 'Insteon Feedback - Tokenized' codes look good to me...

jidelite
post #10233 of 10235 Old Yesterday, 02:58 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by jidelite View Post
Checked the User community ->Lighting, 'Insteon Feedback - Tokenized' codes look good to me...

jidelite

One thing to be aware of with regards to insteon raw feedback is that you will not get status update when you change the level directly from the switch. Feedback only works if you send commands from iRule.

Alex
Gator99 likes this.
post #10234 of 10235 Old Yesterday, 06:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by osupike99 View Post
One thing to be aware of with regards to insteon raw feedback is that you will not get status update when you change the level directly from the switch. Feedback only works if you send commands from iRule.

Alex
Alex, Been a while since I've actually played with feedback commands but I know the tokenized feedback provides a xx% update from both the commands from iRule or direct level chg from switch when I issue the status command (\x02\x62\xXX\xYY\xZZ\x0F\x19\x00)...

jidelite
post #10235 of 10235 Old Today, 10:58 PM
d_c
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by osupike99 View Post
Make sure in the app, you are creating a HTTP GATEWAY with port 80 (ISY default) and make sure you are populating username and password fields with the username and password you use for accessing ISY's web interface or Java console.

Alex
This was it, thanks! I was using IP, should have been HTTP. I officially have everything working now and am filling in the spaces with feedbacks.
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr 3311ci Receiver , Sharp Aquos , Lcd Hdtv , Receivers Amplifiers , Philips Pronto Tsu7000 The Intelligent Remote Control For Home Theater
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page