post #10231 of 10254 Old 11-23-2014, 05:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by petercw2 View Post
ok, I'm deep into this and have the Hub running, the switches installed and the app working.

Now getting into iRule... re: the "scenes": where do you find the reference number for the scene to adjust the code?

again, thanks for the help
I assume you created a scene in the HUB app? If so look in the settings there. I believe group number = scene #

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10232 of 10254 Old 11-24-2014, 12:27 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jidelite View Post
petercw2, So far you have gotten good advice - get the hub setup first (make sure you can control your lights with app etc.), setup your Hub with a static IP and then tackle iRule. Here is a link to the iRule forum where there was some discussion on how to setup a Smartlinc to control lights: https://getsatisfaction.com/irule/to...etwork_gateway
Don't let the Smartlinc (2412N) talk throw you, commands to control lights are the same; the only difference is the Gateway setup. Also in the post are links to Insteon Command lists - something you should probably have handy if you want to understand what the codes mean (warning though, you may come out having more questions than answers ). Last but not least, once you get all your lights working you may then want feedback - not the easiest thing to do but I had to use 'Docklight Scripting' to understand what codes were being sent. I finally got a 'one code fits all' feedback by Tokenizing my feedbacks. Tokenizing was important because as you add lights to your Insteon network a database 'delta' in the return codes passed by Insteon changes thus throwing off feedback - I learned to bypass this code. I have not shared any of my devices/feedback but I will check to see what's been shared to see if any is close to what I have...

jidelite
Checked the User community ->Lighting, 'Insteon Feedback - Tokenized' codes look good to me...

jidelite
post #10233 of 10254 Old 11-24-2014, 02:58 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Checked the User community ->Lighting, 'Insteon Feedback - Tokenized' codes look good to me...

jidelite

One thing to be aware of with regards to insteon raw feedback is that you will not get status update when you change the level directly from the switch. Feedback only works if you send commands from iRule.

Alex
Gator99 likes this.
post #10234 of 10254 Old 11-24-2014, 06:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by osupike99 View Post
One thing to be aware of with regards to insteon raw feedback is that you will not get status update when you change the level directly from the switch. Feedback only works if you send commands from iRule.

Alex
Alex, Been a while since I've actually played with feedback commands but I know the tokenized feedback provides a xx% update from both the commands from iRule or direct level chg from switch when I issue the status command (\x02\x62\xXX\xYY\xZZ\x0F\x19\x00)...

jidelite
post #10235 of 10254 Old 11-25-2014, 10:58 PM
d_c
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by osupike99 View Post
Make sure in the app, you are creating a HTTP GATEWAY with port 80 (ISY default) and make sure you are populating username and password fields with the username and password you use for accessing ISY's web interface or Java console.

Alex
This was it, thanks! I was using IP, should have been HTTP. I officially have everything working now and am filling in the spaces with feedbacks.
Gator99 likes this.
post #10236 of 10254 Old 11-26-2014, 08:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Alex, Been a while since I've actually played with feedback commands but I know the tokenized feedback provides a xx% update from both the commands from iRule or direct level chg from switch when I issue the status command (\x02\x62\xXX\xYY\xZZ\x0F\x19\x00)...

jidelite
jidelite - are you using a ISY in your system. I am now curious and interested in getting feedback to work with my Insteon devices but I am using the HUB, I have it working (Non-tokenized), however after looking at the sample that I am using (theatre sconce example with the three codes) I am not sure how you would setup multiple insteon devices under this feedback.

Also it sounds like you are recommending tokenized feedback, curious if you could share a little more, seen some of you post from 2 years ago on the iRule forum, but could you share some screen shots of your system and also commands/feedbacks in the iRule builder?

Thanks

Jeff
post #10237 of 10254 Old 11-26-2014, 09:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator99 View Post
jidelite - are you using a ISY in your system. I am now curious and interested in getting feedback to work with my Insteon devices but I am using the HUB, I have it working (Non-tokenized), however after looking at the sample that I am using (theatre sconce example with the three codes) I am not sure how you would setup multiple insteon devices under this feedback.

Also it sounds like you are recommending tokenized feedback, curious if you could share a little more, seen some of you post from 2 years ago on the iRule forum, but could you share some screen shots of your system and also commands/feedbacks in the iRule builder?

Thanks
Gator99, Yes, using the HUB now for a couple of months. Sure I can sure some screen shots. Tokenizing allows you to bypass certain codes that change everytime you Link/unlink new devices. I currently only use 2 Insteon devices in my theater (more in the house) and for feedback I only use '1 code' for each device.

jidelite
post #10238 of 10254 Old Yesterday, 07:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Gator99, Yes, using the HUB now for a couple of months. Sure I can sure some screen shots. Tokenizing allows you to bypass certain codes that change everytime you Link/unlink new devices. I currently only use 2 Insteon devices in my theater (more in the house) and for feedback I only use '1 code' for each device.

jidelite
My setup is almost identical in that I only have three scenes (4 devices) in my theatre and many more throughout my house.

Thanks for any help and Happy Thanksgiving everyone....

Jeff
post #10239 of 10254 Old Yesterday, 08:26 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Insteon Hub is up and working, almost without issue.

Almost

I have a basic "turn on all my crap and lights" iRule setup on my iPhone, this way I can get the projector warm up out of the way and turn on lights so I'm not walking into a dark room..

But it seems that when my phone is connected to the Insteon, my iPad (my main room remote) cannot - and visa versa. So, when one device has made contact, the connection icon on the other device shows "yellow" and the Insteon commands are detailed in red. Not until I kill the first app, can I get the other to connect.

workarounds?
post #10240 of 10254 Old Yesterday, 08:32 AM

and a separate post on a totally different subject: "feedback"

I've not upgraded my iRule because I didn't think I needed this feature, but seeing that I have a JVC45, Direct TV, Insteon and Oppo 103 all via IP - I'm beginning to wonder if I should consider taking the plunge.

Questions:
  • What is the learning curve on feedback? Is it equitable to iRule setup in general?
  • Can anyone point me to pics of what feedback others are getting?
  • I will search, but is there a recommended DIY on best practices for setting up feedback?

thanks in advance for assistance!
happy thanksgiving. (I'm thankful for AVS peeps)
post #10241 of 10254 Old Yesterday, 09:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 20
There is quite a bit of discussion in this thread about DTV feedback. I love it. It took quite a bit of puzzling, but I now have a favorite channel panel that shows what is on each channel. Great for Sunday ticket and March madness.

The learning curve it's shelter than irule basics but doable. Lots of help here and at the irule forums too.

PSN ID: Seldom_Seen
post #10242 of 10254 Old Yesterday, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Insteon Hub is up and working, almost without issue.

Almost

I have a basic "turn on all my crap and lights" iRule setup on my iPhone, this way I can get the projector warm up out of the way and turn on lights so I'm not walking into a dark room..

But it seems that when my phone is connected to the Insteon, my iPad (my main room remote) cannot - and visa versa. So, when one device has made contact, the connection icon on the other device shows "yellow" and the Insteon commands are detailed in red. Not until I kill the first app, can I get the other to connect.

workarounds?
I believe that indeed is a limitation only one handset can connect to hub at a time.

Jeff
post #10243 of 10254 Old Yesterday, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
and a separate post on a totally different subject: "feedback"

I've not upgraded my iRule because I didn't think I needed this feature, but seeing that I have a JVC45, Direct TV, Insteon and Oppo 103 all via IP - I'm beginning to wonder if I should consider taking the plunge.

Questions:
  • What is the learning curve on feedback? Is it equitable to iRule setup in general?
  • Can anyone point me to pics of what feedback others are getting?
  • I will search, but is there a recommended DIY on best practices for setting up feedback?

thanks in advance for assistance!
happy thanksgiving. (I'm thankful for AVS peeps)
You should definitely use feedback if they are all IP which looks like they are, if they are in the irule feedback database it shouldn't be a problem for you at all possibly easier since you already know how to setup your devices/panels.

I made the jump and it is pretty cool especially when you consider you can use feedback and conditionals/variables to set states if buttions and so much more.

I really don't use Select group tags much as I query my components for input/state and change the buttons to correspond.

Benefit of this is that I can pick up another handset and start irule and it will match my first handset that I originally started my equipment with, changes made in one handset are immediately changed in the other.

Jeff
post #10244 of 10254 Old Yesterday, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member

see attached for examples
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-11-27-11-52-05.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	388545   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-11-27-11-51-55.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	388553   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-11-27-11-51-43.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	388561   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	155.6 KB
ID:	388569  

Jeff
post #10245 of 10254 Old Yesterday, 10:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thanks
Gator99, here are some screen shots of my feedback in the builder setup. Each Insteon light is setup as a separate device (easier for me to spot). Each device feedback consists of 1-Numeric, 1-Code and Value.
1) The device Property always 'starts with' \x02\x50
2) Code Property is 'Prefix' with the Address of the individual device

By the way, I do not try to get feedback from a scene - only from each device.

Here are some Network Codes:
Bright step: \x02\x62\xAA\xBB\xCC\x0F\x15\x00
Dim step: \x02\x62\xAA\xBB\xCC\x0F\x16\x00
Status (I put in entrance or macro): \x02\x62\xAA\xBB\xCC\x0F\x19\x00
On - 14%: \x02\x62\xAA\xBB\xCC\x0F\x11\x26
On - 28%: \x02\x62\xAA\xBB\xCC\x0F\x11\x48
On - 100%: \x02\x62\xAA\xBB\xCC\x0F\x11\xFF
Off: \x02\x62\xAA\xBB\xCC\x0F\x13\x00

jidelite
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Feedback devices.PNG
Views:	21
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	388689   Click image for larger version

Name:	Feedback device Property.PNG
Views:	15
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	388697   Click image for larger version

Name:	Feedback CODE Property.PNG
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	388705   Click image for larger version

Name:	Feedback VALUE Property.PNG
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	388713   Click image for larger version

Name:	Light page.PNG
Views:	20
Size:	683.1 KB
ID:	388721  

Last edited by jidelite; Yesterday at 10:41 AM. Reason: Add direct commnads
post #10246 of 10254 Old Yesterday, 11:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Gator99, here are some screen shots of my feedback in the builder setup. Each Insteon light is setup as a separate device (easier for me to spot). Each device feedback consists of 1-Numeric, 1-Code and Value.
1) The device Property always 'starts with' \x02\x50
2) Code Property is 'Prefix' with the Address of the individual device

By the way, I do not try to get feedback from a scene - only from each device.

Here are some Network Codes:
Bright step: \x02\x62\xAA\xBB\xCC\x0F\x15\x00
Dim step: \x02\x62\xAA\xBB\xCC\x0F\x16\x00
Status (I put in entrance or macro): \x02\x62\xAA\xBB\xCC\x0F\x19\x00
On - 14%: \x02\x62\xAA\xBB\xCC\x0F\x11\x26
On - 28%: \x02\x62\xAA\xBB\xCC\x0F\x11\x48
On - 100%: \x02\x62\xAA\xBB\xCC\x0F\x11\xFF
Off: \x02\x62\xAA\xBB\xCC\x0F\x13\x00

jidelite
Great thank you, I didn't think you could assign two feedbacks to the same device. thanks I'll give it a try.

Jeff
post #10247 of 10254 Old Yesterday, 11:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
ok, I'm deep into this and have the Hub running, the switches installed and the app working.

Now getting into iRule... re: the "scenes": where do you find the reference number for the scene to adjust the code?

again, thanks for the help

Quote:
I assume you created a scene in the HUB app? If so look in the settings there. I believe group number = scene #

So not sure my assumption that group number = scene number for the "INSTEON RAW Scenes 1-100" device in iRule, anyone have any suggestion on to determine the scene number for scenes created in the Hub App?

Jeff
post #10248 of 10254 Old Yesterday, 11:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Great thank you, I didn't think you could assign two feedbacks to the same device. thanks I'll give it a try.
Wait, I'm not assigning 2 feedback to the same device (in my example I have a ropelight feedback and a ceiling light feedback) - each device has its own feedback but the feedback properties for each device is basically the same 'EXCEPT' the Code Property for each device will contain a 'prefix' with the individual light address. The attached is the address of my ropelight (\x1A\xD7\x0B). My ceiling light has another Code Property with another address (\x1D\xE6\x22).

jidelite
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Feedback devices.PNG
Views:	12
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	388897   Click image for larger version

Name:	Feedback CODE Property.PNG
Views:	11
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	388905  
post #10249 of 10254 Old Yesterday, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:
Wait, I'm not assigning 2 feedback to the same device (in my example I have a ropelight feedback and a ceiling light feedback) - each device has its own feedback but the feedback properties for each device is basically the same 'EXCEPT' the Code Property for each device will contain a 'prefix' with the individual light address. The attached is the address of my ropelight (\x1A\xD7\x0B). My ceiling light has another Code Property with another address (\x1D\xE6\x22).

jidelite

thanks, I was about to change my comment as I figured that out, got it working but curious do you "query" your lights to get the "%" before you submit any commands to turn on/off/dim?

Thanks again.

Jeff
post #10250 of 10254 Old Yesterday, 12:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
thanks, I was about to change my comment as I figured that out, got it working but curious do you "query" your lights to get the "%" before you submit any commands to turn on/off/dim?

Thanks again.
Query (Status command) is done after I submit a command (except when I first get into irule - then I do a status for all lights upon entering). So I may have a button to DIM my light and after get my % (the % feedback is the same code on every Panel):
DIM: \x02\x62\x1D\xE6\x22\x0F\x16\x00
Delay: 1sec

jidelite
post #10251 of 10254 Old Yesterday, 12:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Query (Status command) is done after I submit a command (except when I first get into irule - then I do a status for all lights upon entering). So I may have a button to DIM my light and after get my % (the % feedback is the same code on every Panel):
DIM: \x02\x62\x1D\xE6\x22\x0F\x16\x00
Delay: 1sec

jidelite
thanks that is great, that means I could create the status command and run them in an entrance to get the initial feedback as well as put it behind the command/macro.

Thank you so much.

Jeff
post #10252 of 10254 Old Yesterday, 12:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
thanks that is great, that means I could create the status command and run them in an entrance to get the initial feedback as well as put it behind the command/macro.

Thank you so much.
Yep, you got it - you're welcome.

jidelite

Last edited by jidelite; Yesterday at 12:59 PM.
post #10253 of 10254 Old Today, 09:23 AM

Quote:
So not sure my assumption that group number = scene number for the "INSTEON RAW Scenes 1-100" device in iRule, anyone have any suggestion on to determine the scene number for scenes created in the Hub App?
I found that the group number does correspond with the scene number in the RAW scenes list. But I think I found that if you change a scene after creating it, it might also reassign the group number. Not sure on this, but I swear it did it to me on a scene I changed.
post #10254 of 10254 Old Today, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I found that the group number does correspond with the scene number in the RAW scenes list. But I think I found that if you change a scene after creating it, it might also reassign the group number. Not sure on this, but I swear it did it to me on a scene I changed.

I believe you are correct, I just looked again and noticed I had an extra command inside my button that created the issue, though I have not seen the reassigning of group numbers yet.

With that said, need to look back at Jidelite's posts on feedback to see if I can figure out the proper way to get feedback on scenes, as the feedback for one of my devices in my scene should be 100% but the feedback I have created shows 2% when I use the scene commands - probably has to do with what Jidelite mentioned earlier, just need to find his comments

EDIT: I will also note that I use a 8 button keypadlinc and when I execute the scene in iRule it doesn't activate the button on the keypadlinc, so I am not sure I will use iRule (for my lighting) if that is the case.

Jeff

Last edited by Gator99; Today at 02:17 PM. Reason: Added note regarding control of KeypadLinc
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr 3311ci Receiver , Sharp Aquos , Lcd Hdtv , Receivers Amplifiers , Philips Pronto Tsu7000 The Intelligent Remote Control For Home Theater
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page