post #10291 of 10298 Old 12-23-2014, 12:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator99 View Post
good luck with Pioneer

If you know how to use Putty you can always connect to your receiver and then change the input manually and look at the results, Take a look at attached, this is my putty connection to my vsx-1123 and to the right you will see output from it when I changed my input (on the receiver with the dial) to DVR you will see the output of "FN15" - that is what you would look for this "Game" input and then use the number in your new command.

see attached.
Never heard of let alone used putty but I will take a look. I am not looking for anything positive coming from Pioneer.

I may just set up a command that selects each input in a row to see if it is controlled by another name.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10292 of 10298 Old 12-23-2014, 12:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 63
putty rocks as a reliable terminal emulator. It's not the most user-friendly but it's great otherwise. I've used it for years.

When connecting to devices via terminal you often have to be very precise about what characters you send. Sometimes you have to send characters that don't exist on the keyboard (null, control keys, etc) or you have to end commands with a return, a linefeed or both (CR, LF or CRLF). So it's not always a simple matter to just login to the device and "type something". Just be prepared for the adventure...
post #10293 of 10298 Old 12-23-2014, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Tomme don't worry and definitely don't over complicate this as all you need to do is download putty find the IP address of your receiver, then use the exact configuration in my screen shot. Once connected to your receiver just manually change the input using the knob on the front of the receiver and then look at the output on the putty screen

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Jeff
post #10294 of 10298 Old 12-23-2014, 01:29 PM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator99 View Post
Tomme don't worry and definitely don't over complicate this as all you need to do is download putty find the IP address of your receiver, then use the exact configuration in my screen shot. Once connected to your receiver just manually change the input using the knob on the front of the receiver and then look at the output on the putty screen

Once I have the code, say FN15, how do I make that into a command? Very new to iRule.
post #10295 of 10298 Old 12-23-2014, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Easy just open the irule builder and select one of the existing codes for inputs, copy and paste it rename it and then look on the settings you will see the code to change from "fn15" to "fn??"

Jeff
post #10296 of 10298 Old 12-25-2014, 08:30 PM

Liked: 10
Anybody know how to launch the Squeezebox app from iRule in iOS?

I see there is the Launch action but when i type in something like Squeezebox:// in the URL field nothing happens.

Any ideas?
post #10297 of 10298 Old 12-25-2014, 08:30 PM

Liked: 10

I see there is the Launch action but when i type in something like Squeezebox:// in the URL field nothing happens.

Any ideas?
post #10298 of 10298 Old Today, 08:47 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyzx6 View Post

Any ideas?
Be aware that not ALL apps can be launched in iOS. The developer of that app actually has to program in ability to be launched by another app.

Alex
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr 3311ci Receiver , Sharp Aquos , Lcd Hdtv , Receivers Amplifiers , Philips Pronto Tsu7000 The Intelligent Remote Control For Home Theater
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page