post #10441 of 10443 Old Today, 07:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Rosser Byorick View Post
Can anyone point me to an earlier post or provided some advise regarding using iRule with a Grafik Eye QSGRJ-6P and QSE-CI-NWK-E. I have been using iRule successfully for several months on regular devices (via GC-100). I just bought my Grafik Eye and the Ethernet adapter. Using the Lutron IPConfig tool, it is recognizing that the Grafik Eye is connected on my network. In iRule though, when I go to try to configure the device it only seems to allow me to assign it to the GC-100 which it isn't directly connected to. How do I get thing working?

Ryan - I just installed this same setup for a friend, but we didn't use iRule for the control, after looking at the iRule builder, there seems to be NO IP commands available so that is your first and real problem. Have you submitted this question over at the iRule forums?

I am not saying I know how to do this, but in the past I needed a IP code that wasn't in their database and I used Wireshark to "sniff" the packets sent and after alot of work found what I needed although the admins at iRule were very helpful.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10442 of 10443 Unread Today, 08:00 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post
GARAGE DOOR OPENERS: Contact Closure? Do garage doors open and close using contact closure when using the wall mounted, wired switch in the garage? I have Genie doors and would like to control them.

Would iRule using the ITACH IP2CC, specifically designed for contact closure switching?

ALSO, can the i-Tach be set up to give me feedback to know if the doors are open or closed?

Thanks!
I use a gc-100-12 with contact closure to control my garage doors. I ran a cat5 cable from my equipment rack and used 4 of the wires to wire in to my 2 garage door buttons on the wall. Works great. The global cache relay device in the builder is what I am using. I've found that sending the ON command followed by a .8 second delay and then the OFF command and then another .8 delay and the OFF command again ensures that all works well. A few times before adding that second OFF command the contact closure stuck ON, which was like holding the garage door button down, this prevented my garage door from functioning with my regular RF remote in my car. Haven't had a problem since adding it.

Feedback isn't possible. There is a query command, but I believe it will only tell you if the contact closure is ON or OFF which doesn't really tell you if your garage door is open or closed.

I use Tasker on my Android phone to launch iRule when within range of my home WiFi. When I'm walking back home from the park with my kids I just pull out my phone and there is my iRule garage door home panel, press the number 1 button and up goes the door. It's great only having to take my phone with me going places, no more keys or spare garage door opener.

I have no experience with it, but I do use other insteon devices with iRule, they have a garage door kit that would provide feedback if I it works as their other devices do. If you have other lighting and automation needs that might be something to look in to. You could also add a cheap IP camera which is something I've thought of doing and get visual confirmation that the door is open or closed.

Good luck with your project.

PSN ID: Seldom_Seen
post #10443 of 10443 Unread Today, 08:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeldomSeen31 View Post
I have no experience with it, but I do use other insteon devices with iRule, they have a garage door kit that would provide feedback if I it works as their other devices do. If you have other lighting and automation needs that might be something to look in to. You could also add a cheap IP camera which is something I've thought of doing and get visual confirmation that the door is open or closed.

Good luck with your project.
In your installation did you wire the GC in series to the wall buttons ?
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr 3311ci Receiver , Sharp Aquos , Lcd Hdtv , Receivers Amplifiers , Philips Pronto Tsu7000 The Intelligent Remote Control For Home Theater
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page