iRule - Page 352 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #10531 of 10543 Old 04-29-2015, 03:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Im new to iRule, read all the posts from Jan 1 2014 to date. Picked up advanced license and WIfi to IR Global cache box.

Starting to get the hang of it building my first remote on a Galaxy 10" tab 2.

Question- Coming from URC-980 remote programming when you assign devices, like in my case, Marantz SR receiver. I see the Marantz database IR codes, but is a iRule device page actually created for the Marantz receiver some where with all buttons? with URC you can jump to the device remote button page or do I have to create my own receiver page of buttons from scratch, button by button?

overall I'm impressed with its potential as many other have mentioned..

thanks Vince
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10532 of 10543 Old 04-29-2015, 04:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 16
IR codes or IP codes or RS232 codes are most likely in the builder for most devices, as far as images there are many in the builder as well, though you can create your own but I wouldn't suggest doing that till you get your system setup and working. Once you have both in the builder you put an image on you handsets panel and then drag and drop commands or series of commands onto your buttons

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Jeff
post #10533 of 10543 Old 04-29-2015, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator99 View Post
IR codes or IP codes or RS232 codes are most likely in the builder for most devices, as far as images there are many in the builder as well, though you can create your own but I wouldn't suggest doing that till you get your system setup and working. Once you have both in the builder you put an image on you handsets panel and then drag and drop commands or series of commands onto your buttons

Hey Gator my kid graduated from UF in 2010!

But don't I need to build a macro on my main page , that turns on TV, turn on receiver, set input to HDMI 1, then create a link to jump to CATV remote page 2?

or

do I grab a generic CATV remote sheet in the library and drag commands to it?

after all this, I sync it to my tablet to make sure I can really communicate with my devices?

this right?

thanks V
post #10534 of 10543 Old 04-29-2015, 05:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Class of 95 and 99... Go Gators!!!!

If I remember correctly when you first start with irule it will try to build a simple system, but I found it easier to delete all that it created and start from clean slate and either build everything one button at a time or with a generic remote sheet as you referenced. After you have built your buttons with commands or macros yes you would setup your gateways to control your devices.

I don't use IR only IP for all my devices so if you have an itach I can't help too much but the tutorials should help.

Jeff
post #10535 of 10543 Old 04-29-2015, 05:48 PM

That clears things up!

thanks
post #10536 of 10543 Old 04-29-2015, 07:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by vince32837 View Post
Im new to iRule, read all the posts from Jan 1 2014 to date. Picked up advanced license and WIfi to IR Global cache box.

Starting to get the hang of it building my first remote on a Galaxy 10" tab 2.

Question- Coming from URC-980 remote programming when you assign devices, like in my case, Marantz SR receiver. I see the Marantz database IR codes, but is a iRule device page actually created for the Marantz receiver some where with all buttons? with URC you can jump to the device remote button page or do I have to create my own receiver page of buttons from scratch, button by button?

overall I'm impressed with its potential as many other have mentioned..

thanks Vince

No, full device control page is not created. iRule, by design, as flexible as it is, is an Activity based remote. So only pertinent commands/buttons are created for you. However, you can modify your setup however YOU want it to be. You just have to create the images and assign commands to those images. In my setup, I have a Help button on each of my pages that takes me to the controls page where there are very basic commands to just get into the menus without busting out the OEM remote of each of the devices. So like for TV, I have MENU, RETURN, CURSOR buttons and ENTER. Same for the AVR.
post #10537 of 10543 Old 04-30-2015, 07:12 AM

OSUpike99-

thanks...

had a question for ya- I have been struggling with functional links. I created a blank PAGE called "PAGE2" then I went to add a functional "LINK". When I go into the properties of that LINK, I want to select "PAGE2" because I want to jump to that page...its not one of the choices nor can you edit the text to type it??

I must be doing something wrong???

could you provide the syntax that includes jumping from MAIN page to PAGE2 with a link???

thanks Vince
post #10538 of 10543 Old 04-30-2015, 12:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
OSUpike99-

thanks...

had a question for ya- I have been struggling with functional links. I created a blank PAGE called "PAGE2" then I went to add a functional "LINK". When I go into the properties of that LINK, I want to select "PAGE2" because I want to jump to that page...its not one of the choices nor can you edit the text to type it??

could you provide the syntax that includes jumping from MAIN page to PAGE2 with a link???

thanks Vince
Hey Vince,

Are you talking about Links as Actions or just regular links? Take a look at the tutorials below (you should be able to click on thumbnails to enlarge).

Old school links: https://irule.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/469249
Links As Actions: https://irule.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1747233

Alex
post #10539 of 10543 Old 04-30-2015, 04:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuldood View Post
Steve,

I love the steampunk page! Have you done any more pages in this theme? I would really like to get my hands on them if possible.

Thanks!

If you are asking me about Steampunk backgrounds, I've done several for the iPhone and iPad. You should be able to find them using the search function. I'm not near a computer now so can't provide more precise directions.

Steve Goff
post #10540 of 10543 Old 04-30-2015, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by osupike99 View Post
Hey Vince,

Are you talking about Links as Actions or just regular links? Take a look at the tutorials below (you should be able to click on thumbnails to enlarge).

Old school links: https://irule.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/469249
Links As Actions: https://irule.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1747233

Alex
Alex, that first link you posted thats it...I will try again....
Thanks
post #10541 of 10543 Old 04-30-2015, 08:35 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
OSUpike99-

thanks...

thanks Vince
Two lines above, you have to select the Panel name first, then you can select the page you want to jump too. Also if you are using both landscape and portrait pages on the same panel, you have to set that before you can set the page.
post #10542 of 10543 Old Today, 01:52 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Just recently I have been experiencing intermittent problem with my activity link buttons on my ipad.

I have simple macros that change the inputs on the tv and receiver and jump to the right page for the device in irule. When pressed it will change page, but no command will be sent (ie no flashing green icon in bottom left).

It seems to work maybe once eg first time change from foxtel to recorded tv, but won't work when going back to foxtel.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions.

Thanks
Michael
post #10543 of 10543 Old Today, 09:42 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelp2005 View Post
Just recently I have been experiencing intermittent problem with my activity link buttons on my ipad.

I have simple macros that change the inputs on the tv and receiver and jump to the right page for the device in irule. When pressed it will change page, but no command will be sent (ie no flashing green icon in bottom left).

It seems to work maybe once eg first time change from foxtel to recorded tv, but won't work when going back to foxtel.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions.

Thanks
Michael
Have you tried power cycling the iPad. Had similar issues about a year back and that fixed it for me.
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr 3311ci Receiver , Sharp Aquos , Lcd Hdtv , Receivers Amplifiers , Philips Pronto Tsu7000 The Intelligent Remote Control For Home Theater
Gear in this thread