iRule - Page 353 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #10561 of 10584 Old 05-26-2015, 08:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Good morning,
I am using IRule to control my home theater and other AV equipment. I want to control a Centralite Elegance lighting system with IRule. I am using the IRule module and an ITach serial gateway. So far, I am unable to get the gateway to work. Using a null cable with the settings set on the Elegance and ITach to 19200, 8N1. Gateway stays red. Anyone been able to get IRule and Centralite Elegance to work? Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10562 of 10584 Old 05-27-2015, 08:17 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hello all,

I am looking for a solution to a control issue with Irule and my JVC RS6710 projector. I have the gateway configured with the port and address in the irule tutorials. I have put the pjreq into the entrance and have it repeating every 4 seconds. I have tried the following without success.

All of the available JVC IP codes
The gateway shows green in communication screens
I can control the PJ with the IOS app
I can ping the projector

I have searched all of the info I can find and for the life of me I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.
post #10563 of 10584 Old 05-27-2015, 12:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Guebert View Post
Hello all,

I am looking for a solution to a control issue with Irule and my JVC RS6710 projector. I have the gateway configured with the port and address in the irule tutorials. I have put the pjreq into the entrance and have it repeating every 4 seconds. I have tried the following without success.

All of the available JVC IP codes
The gateway shows green in communication screens
I can control the PJ with the IOS app
I can ping the projector

I have searched all of the info I can find and for the life of me I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Mark,

I have RS4910 with IP control and it is working perfectly! By the way... You don't need to do a repeating entrance unless you are looking for feedback from the JVC. For control, I do this.

In my power on macro, I send PJREQ, delay 0.8 seconds, JVC's power on command, JVC's input switching command, rest of commands for other equipment. For Power Off, same approach: PJREQ, delay (0.8 seconds), POWER OFF. You can do this for any command for JVC. Simply set each button like Menu, Cursor, etc to be a macro with PJREQ, Delay(0.8), command.

Alex
post #10564 of 10584 Old 05-30-2015, 08:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 548 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichter1 View Post
I agree. Went from an iPad 1 to an iPad mini a few years back and although I did make a few sizing changes on some of the busier menus (going to a secondary page for the lesser used functions), I'm quite happy with the size for form & function. Found this stand on The Jungle which works great for my from row seating.

I'm iPad mini in my theater. The size is manageable and so much easier to use than a regular sized iPad (which controls my family room).

Jeff

My Home Theater of the Month- Le Petit Trianon

There are more than a handful of [op amps] that sound so good that most designers want to be using them as opposed to discreet transistors. Dave Reich, Theta 2009
post #10565 of 10584 Old 05-30-2015, 12:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichter1 View Post
I agree. Went from an iPad 1 to an iPad mini a few years back and although I did make a few sizing changes on some of the busier menus (going to a secondary page for the lesser used functions), I'm quite happy with the size for form & function. Found this stand on The Jungle which works great for my from row seating.

I'm iPad mini in my theater. The size is manageable and so much easier to use than a regular sized iPad (which controls my family room).

Jeff
I much prefer the mini also. My kids each have one that I have a full home build on. I always grab those vs my own full size iPad. I have been using my iPhone much more lately also. I have a full build on mine and my wife's.

What I want to know is when we are getting apple watch support. I think it will be cool and actually pretty quick for just mute and vol up down. Nothing crazy cause the watch is not meant for full control of anything just small quick things.
post #10566 of 10584 Old 05-31-2015, 11:56 AM

Ok I have everything working now on my RS6710 with Irule, except for the cursor enter command. When I enter the menu with Irule the menu opens as it should. But when I cursor down and hit the enter button instead of going into the sub menu, it exits out.

This is the command for the button

\x21\x89\x01\x52\x43\x37\x33\x32\x46\x0A

I searched the docs for the projector, and none of the commands for the cursors or enter seem to be listed.

Any help?
post #10567 of 10584 Old 05-31-2015, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Ok I have everything working now on my RS6710 with Irule, except for the cursor enter command. When I enter the menu with Irule the menu opens as it should. But when I cursor down and hit the enter button instead of going into the sub menu, it exits out.

This is the command for the button

\x21\x89\x01\x52\x43\x37\x33\x32\x46\x0A

I searched the docs for the projector, and none of the commands for the cursors or enter seem to be listed.

Any help?

Mark;

With RS232 I use this one for DOWN:
\x21\x89\x01\x52\x43\x37\x33\x30\x32\x0A

____
Axel

post #10568 of 10584 Old 05-31-2015, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
Mark;

With RS232 I use this one for DOWN:
\x21\x89\x01\x52\x43\x37\x33\x30\x32\x0A

____
Axel
Axel,

That is what I have also, and that works. However cursor enter seems to exit the menu instead of selecting say a lens memory.

On that note, I don't think there is a way to send a command to select a specific lens memory in the current series of projectors. I found the commands from an older PJ and they don't work.
post #10569 of 10584 Old 05-31-2015, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Axel,

That is what I have also, and that works. However cursor enter seems to exit the menu instead of selecting say a lens memory.

On that note, I don't think there is a way to send a command to select a specific lens memory in the current series of projectors. I found the commands from an older PJ and they don't work.
Sorry, I misread your post. You were talking about the ENTER command
The ENTER command you listed works for me. However, I use RS-232. When I first got my RS4910, I did not have much luck with the IP control (I found it a bit flaky), so went with the (proven) RS-232 route again.

I suspect your issue has to do with the timing or sequencing of the 'keep awake' command that interferes with the 'regular' commands. I am sure Alex will chime in soon on how to get the IP command version to work.
____
Axel

post #10570 of 10584 Old 05-31-2015, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Sorry, I misread your post. You were talking about the ENTER command
The ENTER command you listed works for me. However, I use RS-232. When I first got my RS4910, I did not have much luck with the IP control (I found it a bit flaky), so went with the (proven) RS-232 route again.

I suspect your issue has to do with the timing or sequencing of the 'keep awake' command that interferes with the 'regular' commands. I am sure Alex will chime in soon on how to get the IP command version to work.
____
Axel
I had trouble with putting the pjreq in the entrance and having it repeat. At the suggestion of another member (sorry can't remember who) I put it in each command with a .8 second delay. That seemed to work. The only command I have problems with is CURSOR ENTER. It backs out of the menu instead of selecting the item I want to change.

So close it's frustrating.
post #10571 of 10584 Old 05-31-2015, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I had trouble with putting the pjreq in the entrance and having it repeat. At the suggestion of another member (sorry can't remember who) I put it in each command with a .8 second delay. That seemed to work. The only command I have problems with is CURSOR ENTER. It backs out of the menu instead of selecting the item I want to change.

So close it's frustrating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by osupike99 View Post
Hi Mark,

I have RS4910 with IP control and it is working perfectly! By the way... You don't need to do a repeating entrance unless you are looking for feedback from the JVC. For control, I do this.

In my power on macro, I send PJREQ, delay 0.8 seconds, JVC's power on command, JVC's input switching command, rest of commands for other equipment. For Power Off, same approach: PJREQ, delay (0.8 seconds), POWER OFF. You can do this for any command for JVC. Simply set each button like Menu, Cursor, etc to be a macro with PJREQ, Delay(0.8), command.

Alex
Mark;

How about if you just for giggles deactivate the repeating entrance and only use (1) PJREQ to start off your command.

_____
Axel

post #10572 of 10584 Old 05-31-2015, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Mark;

How about if you just for giggles deactivate the repeating entrance and only use (1) PJREQ to start off your command.

_____
Axel

That's exactly what I did to get reliable communication. The entrance was deleted. And each command is Pjreq > .8 sec delay > then the command itself.

Thats working great. The cursor enter however just backs out of the menu.
post #10573 of 10584 Old 05-31-2015, 06:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
That's exactly what I did to get reliable communication. The entrance was deleted. And each command is Pjreq > .8 sec delay > then the command itself.

I did a bit of testing. If I precede every command with a PJREQ I get the same results as you. However if I use PJREQ only as the initial command to 'get the conversation started' and then send plain commands, it is working fine.

_______
Axel

post #10574 of 10584 Old 05-31-2015, 09:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:

Not sure what you mean by "cursor command" but I own the RS57 (& older RS55), and my lens memory & lens shift +/- buttons works fine (I use a aspect changing motorized top shade and switch between 1.78 & 2.35 all the time; works flawlessly).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iruleJVC_new.png
Views:	19
Size:	532.5 KB
ID:	749265  

Kevin

You only live once, but if you live it right, once is enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

==> The Richter Family 3D Theater  
post #10575 of 10584 Old Yesterday, 10:03 AM

Quote:
I did a bit of testing. If I precede every command with a PJREQ I get the same results as you. However if I use PJREQ only as the initial command to 'get the conversation started' and then send plain commands, it is working fine.

_______
Axel
If I understand what you mean, you are talking about using Pjreq in an entrance, repeating every 4 sec or so right?

Otherwise each key would have to be hit in less than 4 sec or the command would be ignored?

I'll give it a shot, otherwise it may be serial for me also LOL
post #10576 of 10584 Old Yesterday, 10:14 AM

On another note does anybody know of any codes to directly select a lens memory on the RS6710 or X900?

I looked in the manual and it doesn't list them.
post #10577 of 10584 Old Yesterday, 10:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
If I understand what you mean, you are talking about using Pjreq in an entrance, repeating every 4 sec or so right?

Otherwise each key would have to be hit in less than 4 sec or the command would be ignored?

I'll give it a shot, otherwise it may be serial for me also LOL
Mark,

At this stage of troubleshooting, I tested an even simpler setup: I programmed a button with only the PJREQ command and assigned to each of other buttons only a single "real" command. No entrance or alike. This worked.

However, to be honest, I am not sure how one would proceed from there: if one needs a repeating PJREQ command to keep the connection alive, but on the same token this command interferes with the controls.

PS: I found RS-232 to be very robust.
_____
Axel

post #10578 of 10584 Unread Today, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Mark,

At this stage of troubleshooting, I tested an even simpler setup: I programmed a button with only the PJREQ command and assigned to each of other buttons only a single "real" command. No entrance or alike. This worked.

However, to be honest, I am not sure how one would proceed from there: if one needs a repeating PJREQ command to keep the connection alive, but on the same token this command interferes with the controls.

PS: I found RS-232 to be very robust.
_____
Axel
Axel,

Thanks for your help, based on troubleshooting, reading, and your input I have decided to give up on IP and convert to serial. I ordered a IP2SL Itach and RJ45 to serial adapters to use the existing lan cable buried in the ceiling.

One more quick question if you don't mind. Do I still need to preface commands with PJREQ using serial protocol?

A last do you know if there are commands to direct select lens memory. I have 3 setup for different Aspect ratio movies and I would like to be able to select them from the remote.

Thanks again for all of the help.
post #10579 of 10584 Unread Today, 09:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
One more quick question if you don't mind. Do I still need to preface commands with PJREQ using serial protocol?
Nope, just straight-up commands.

Quote:

A last do you know if there are commands to direct select lens memory. I have 3 setup for different Aspect ratio movies and I would like to be able to select them from the remote.
I have a Lumagen that handles all my "AR needs", but have you checked out the JVC's RS-232 documentation.

_____
Axel

post #10580 of 10584 Unread Today, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Nope, just straight-up commands.

I have a Lumagen that handles all my "AR needs", but have you checked out the JVC's RS-232 documentation.

_____
Axel

Yes I have, but the newer series doesn't list direct lens memory commands. The older docs do. Just wondering if anyone knew if they worked on the newer projectors.
post #10581 of 10584 Unread Today, 09:58 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 26
Quote:
Axel,

Thanks for your help, based on troubleshooting, reading, and your input I have decided to give up on IP and convert to serial. I ordered a IP2SL Itach and RJ45 to serial adapters to use the existing lan cable buried in the ceiling.

Thanks again for all of the help.
PJREQ is ONLY necessary for IP control.

Alex
post #10582 of 10584 Unread Today, 10:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Yes I have, but the newer series doesn't list direct lens memory commands. ...
I see a command "Load Lens memory" on page 27 and page 37 seems to list the memory positions which you may be able to use as parameters.
_____
Axel

post #10583 of 10584 Unread Today, 10:10 AM

Quote:
I see a command "Load Lens memory" on page 27 and page 37 seems to list the memory positions which you may be able to use as parameters.
_____
Axel

That seems to be for saving data to lens memory, but it might work. I will see if I can give it a go.
post #10584 of 10584 Unread Today, 10:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
That seems to be for saving data to lens memory, but it might work. I will see if I can give it a go.
I believe you would need to combine them:

"Load Lens Memory" + "parameter for Memory1" => 'I’ ‘N’ ‘M’ ‘L’ '0'

(You many have to convert above ASCII into HEX though.)

______
Axel

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr 3311ci Receiver , Sharp Aquos , Lcd Hdtv , Receivers Amplifiers , Philips Pronto Tsu7000 The Intelligent Remote Control For Home Theater
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page