iRule - Page 356 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #10651 of 10665 Old 07-01-2015, 09:46 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glimmie View Post
When is the bug going to be fixed where icons are mis-located with the latest version. There are several complaints in the Irule support page going back two months.

This is an unacceptable time to wait for a fix of something if this importance that was broken on an update. We do not have the option to revert back to older versions so what are we supposed to do?

Here's the thread on Irule: https://getsatisfaction.com/irule/to...on-the-handset
Is there any way you can post some screenshots?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10652 of 10665 Old 07-01-2015, 10:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 379 Post(s)
Liked: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by osupike99 View Post
Is there any way you can post some screenshots?
Not right now but look at the link to the Irule site. That's exactly the same problem I am having after upgrading to V4+. Notice on the temperature panel how the lowest buttons are beyond the border of the inset. That's exactly what I am seeing too. Yet on the builder they are fine.

Now my panels with this issue are very low grid resolution, like 51 columns by 30 rows. I have one complex panel that has a full 1024x768 grid and it's OK. So could this just be that my grid sizes are too old (low) for the new version?

It seems like the image is stretched vertically. I have a NSEW/Enter diamond that is egg shaped in the new version but is a circle in the old version. It's also hard to see but it looks like the small window on the builder reference panel shows the error as well. But the main builder screen is normal.

I'm fine with rebuilding the pages but I just need some direction before going to all that trouble if it doesn't fix the problem.

Glimmie's HT Page
Being redone - comming soon!

Last edited by Glimmie; 07-01-2015 at 10:08 AM.
post #10653 of 10665 Old 07-01-2015, 10:14 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post
Finally got my system up and running on irule I'm impressed on how well it works. I know I'm very late to the party lol but I'm impressed on what you can do it ( without having to be a programmer like with pronto and its pronto script ).
Time to sell my two TSU 9800 and 5 Rfx 9600 extenders.

Frank
I can't give up the hard buttons on my TSU9600, so it's still the king in my HT, but I use irule in my two other setups.
post #10654 of 10665 Old 07-02-2015, 09:54 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeldomSeen31 View Post
I can't look at the builder, at work, but on my phone I have 2 devices imported, not sure which are assigned to the buttons on my panel, but it is working well for me. Devices:
Dune Smart H1
Dune BD Prime 3.0 Hex et network http

My gateway is an http gateway with port 80 and "get"

I have a B1 btw.
Can you check on which codes is used to turn it on?

I have the Dune Smart H1 device on there, but I'm getting nothing.
RDHolmes likes this.

The Hodor Theater - In Progress
Projector - Panasonic PT-AE8000U
LCR speakers - JTR Noesis 228 HT
Surround/Back Speakers - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M
Subwoofers - Dual Passive JTR Captivator Pros
Receiver - Onkyo TX-SR608
post #10655 of 10665 Old 07-02-2015, 10:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
Can you check on which codes is used to turn it on?

I have the Dune Smart H1 device on there, but I'm getting nothing.
Home today, so I can look in the builder. All of the commands, including power, are from the Dune BD Prime 3.0 Hex et network http device. The only exception is the Previous command which I have used the Dune Smart H1 "return" command, this goes back up on menu level I believe.

I hope that helps.

PSN ID: Seldom_Seen
post #10656 of 10665 Old 07-02-2015, 02:58 PM

Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by jidelite View Post
vachief, I'm scratching my head but it is so hard to figure these things out without actually see stuff. Since you have feedback for your other devices at least you know your way around iRule. One more check, the feedback Device Property make sure the STARTS WITH code (\xA9) and ENDS WITH (\x9A) do not have any 'hidden' spaces behind them. I think this bit me once with another device...

jidelite
Quote:
Originally Posted by vachief View Post
Yes, I can issue the Motion Enhance toggle command (and pretty much all RS-232 commands) with no problem. The problem is just feedback. I don't see anything different in your setup than mine. I tried adding both the projector Power and the Aspect Ratio feedback to the screen, and neither of them are working either. I've gotten feedback to work with all of my other devices (Denon AVR, DirecTV, and Oppo Bluray player), so it seems to be something unique to this projector that I am missing.

This may be a dumb question, but did you attach the feedback to the actual control device? I have forgotten to that a few times myself with obvious ( lack of ) results.
post #10657 of 10665 Old 07-03-2015, 07:34 AM
Advanced Member

Has anyone had issues running their Lumagen with RS232? Commands are being sent, and some work, but some don't do the right thing, and they all seem to add an "ok" or "info" command at the end as the info screen comes up all the time. The commands appear in the format of #M/x0 with the M being menu. That doesn't bring the menu, but just brings up the info screen. Power on, and inputs work...but also bring up info. Any ideas?

Also, is it normal for DirecTV to be extremely slow responding to IP control? Is this an iRule issue, or a DirecTV box issue?
post #10658 of 10665 Old 07-04-2015, 08:13 PM
CIH USER

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 950 Post(s)
Liked: 613
Hi all, I started adding feedback from my Marantz av8802 using the entrance commands with a repeat value of 15.0 sec I noticed the Marantz became unresponsive. I couldn't do anything. I had to manually switch it on and still none of the buttons works. The feedback worked though. I must of done something wrong for the Marantz to be unresponsive. I removed the entrances and feedback and it was all back to normal. Was my repeat to long?
Thanks in advance. I'm using a GC 100-12.

Frank

Frank
post #10659 of 10665 Old 07-05-2015, 06:36 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Hi all, I started adding feedback from my Marantz av8802 using the entrance commands with a repeat value of 15.0 sec I noticed the Marantz became unresponsive. I couldn't do anything. I had to manually switch it on and still none of the buttons works. The feedback worked though. I must of done something wrong for the Marantz to be unresponsive. I removed the entrances and feedback and it was all back to normal. Was my repeat to long?
Thanks in advance. I'm using a GC 100-12.

Frank
Don't know about your specific issue, but you can control the Marantz with IP control. Do not need the GC100.
post #10660 of 10665 Old 07-05-2015, 08:21 PM
CIH USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal87 View Post
Don't know about your specific issue, but you can control the Marantz with IP control. Do not need the GC100.

Thanks

Frank

Frank
post #10661 of 10665 Old Yesterday, 11:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
...Also, is it normal for DirecTV to be extremely slow responding to IP control? Is this an iRule issue, or a DirecTV box issue?
Definitely the DirecTV box. Sometimes I've had to put a 5-8 sec delay between commands...

jidelite
post #10662 of 10665 Old Yesterday, 11:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Thanks

Frank
Franin, I have a 7008 and IP probably is better but a 15 sec repeat command could be taxing on the Marantz (IP or RS232). A status or refresh feedback button couldn't do the trick?

jidelite
Franin likes this.
post #10663 of 10665 Old Yesterday, 01:08 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 232
Hi Fellas,

I could really use some help here....

. I'd like to install some LED multi colored rope lights behind my movie screen, that I can control via Irule ( brightness, color, flash pattern, etc, ). I'd like use something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/SUPERNIGHT%C2%...d+strip+lights

So far, I found a wifi light controller on amazon made by milight:
http://www.amazon.com/MiLight-WiFi-W.../dp/B00KGGGU3O
I really like this controller because, a Google search told me that their are already panels built for it in Irule builder.

Can any of you LED experts, tell me if the combo above would work? As an fyi, I have the itach that does rs232 control and the other one that does IR control ( basically the red one and blue one ).

I did an Irule review, which is linked in my signature, in case more info is needed about my setup.

Also, if any of you would recommend different hardware instead of what i have listed above please let me know.
post #10664 of 10665 Old Yesterday, 07:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Definitely the DirecTV box. Sometimes I've had to put a 5-8 sec delay between commands...

jidelite
Awesome...

5-8 seconds would seem pretty good at this point. It's taking minutes to respond sometimes. It's better with the actual remote, but that acts weird too. It usually repeats an action 2 or 3 times for each press. The buttons on the box work, but that'd be a bit difficult since it's in the next room. I'd love DirecTV to give me a new box, but I highly doubt that is going to happen.

The Hodor Theater - In Progress
Projector - Panasonic PT-AE8000U
LCR speakers - JTR Noesis 228 HT
Surround/Back Speakers - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M
Subwoofers - Dual Passive JTR Captivator Pros
Receiver - Onkyo TX-SR608
post #10665 of 10665 Old Yesterday, 10:14 PM
CIH USER

Quote:
Franin, I have a 7008 and IP probably is better but a 15 sec repeat command could be taxing on the Marantz (IP or RS232). A status or refresh feedback button couldn't do the trick?

jidelite

Thank you for that. I will go down that route by adding a status button

Frank

Frank
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr 3311ci Receiver , Sharp Aquos , Lcd Hdtv , Receivers Amplifiers , Philips Pronto Tsu7000 The Intelligent Remote Control For Home Theater
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page