iRule - Page 357 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #10681 of 10702 Old 07-22-2015, 07:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluer101 View Post
Is there a way to group multiple buttons together? So that you can move a organized group of buttons without having to select each one to make a group then move. It would be easier when designing and moving stuff on a page. Then after you can ungroup them. Hope this makes sense.
Not currently but I sure wish that was added to the builder

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10682 of 10702 Old 07-22-2015, 07:10 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator99 View Post
Not currently but I sure wish that was added to the builder

It is already in the builder and existed for at least 6 months now. You can "lasso" select it or use the standard ctrl+click to select or cmd+click to select.
post #10683 of 10702 Old 07-22-2015, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by osupike99 View Post
It is already in the builder and existed for at least 6 months now. You can "lasso" select it or use the standard ctrl+click to select or cmd+click to select.
Thanks osupike99, but that is not exactly a grouping like I am thinking of, I wanted the images actually grouped and stay that way as I move that one grouped object around, for instance see attached image, I want that to be selected/grouped and then moved.

When I use your method with this image on the builder I cannot move the selected images as a group, it deselects all of the images except the one my mouse is over.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	843074  

Jeff
post #10684 of 10702 Old 07-22-2015, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 210 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Yes, the lasso method works but you cannot keep the group selected to move in the future. I believe I used to do this in Pronto edit.

The group of buttons stayed in there position inside the group but each button still was assignable.
Gator99 likes this.
post #10685 of 10702 Old 07-22-2015, 11:55 PM
CIH USER

Quoted: 981 Post(s)
Liked: 637
I have taken my Marantz 8802 off the GC 100-12 and have assigned it to the itach rs232 wifi and find it I still have trouble with some off the feedback. For instance it picks up and shows Dolby Digital and Stereo but when it outputs HD audio for some reason it refuses to show DTS HD MA / DOLBY TRUE HD. Anyone experiencing the same problem ? Is the feed back designed mainly for the 8801 and older?

Thanks

Frank

Frank
post #10686 of 10702 Old 07-23-2015, 06:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post
I have taken my Marantz 8802 off the GC 100-12 and have assigned it to the itach rs232 wifi and find it I still have trouble with some off the feedback. For instance it picks up and shows Dolby Digital and Stereo but when it outputs HD audio for some reason it refuses to show DTS HD MA / DOLBY TRUE HD. Anyone experiencing the same problem ? Is the feed back designed mainly for the 8801 and older?

Thanks

Frank
Frank... You can edit the feedback to show what YOU want it to show.
post #10687 of 10702 Old 07-23-2015, 06:44 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Thanks osupike99, but that is not exactly a grouping like I am thinking of, I wanted the images actually grouped and stay that way as I move that one grouped object around, for instance see attached image, I want that to be selected/grouped and then moved.

When I use your method with this image on the builder I cannot move the selected images as a group, it deselects all of the images except the one my mouse is over.

You can move them together as a group using the keyboard arrows

post #10688 of 10702 Old 07-23-2015, 06:54 AM
CIH USER

Quoted: 981 Post(s)
Liked: 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by osupike99 View Post
Frank... You can edit the feedback to show what YOU want it to show.

Thanks, I'll have to learn how to do that ( still a beginner ). I have stumbled onto a new problem where I have updated the irule app today and noticed I'm unable to go to settings page ( to sync, gateways etc) it keeps going to my home page. I've turned iPad on and off and still won't allow me. Anyone else experiencing that issue ??

Frank

Frank
post #10689 of 10702 Old 07-23-2015, 07:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by absolootbs View Post
You can move them together as a group using the keyboard arrows
that doesn't work in the builder for me, for one if you have another image/text/feedback etc, you can move one on top of the other by dragging or arrows. When there is no images/text or feedbacks in the way, and I have them all selected and arrow up I expect them to move together, but that is not the case.

Lets just say that the builder's interface and functionality is really behind when I comes to design features that create a GUI.

Jeff
post #10690 of 10702 Old 07-23-2015, 07:18 AM

Quote:
that doesn't work in the builder for me, for one if you have another image/text/feedback etc, you can move one on top of the other by dragging or arrows. When there is no images/text or feedbacks in the way, and I have them all selected and arrow up I expect them to move together, but that is not the case.

Lets just say that the builder's interface and functionality is really behind when I comes to design features that create a GUI.
I assume you meant "you can't move one on top of the other by dragging or arrows". That is correct. Unless there's a trick I don't know about, the only way to make one element overlap another is by adjusting the row/column values in the properties pane on the lower left hand side of the screen.

As far as moving elements together when multiselected, if it's not working for you then it's op error, because it works fine for me. What browser are you using? If using a browser other than Chrome it can sometimes make the builder behave poorly in certain ways.

post #10691 of 10702 Old 07-23-2015, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I assume you meant "you can't move one on top of the other by dragging or arrows". That is correct. Unless there's a trick I don't know about, the only way to make one element overlap another is by adjusting the row/column values in the properties pane on the lower left hand side of the screen.

As far as moving elements together when multiselected, if it's not working for you then it's op error, because it works fine for me. What browser are you using? If using a browser other than Chrome it can sometimes make the builder behave poorly in certain ways.

Yes you are correct on the first point, on the second, not sure what to tell you, I am using chrome, I am a beta tester of irule, so this behaviour happens in the regular builder as well as the beta builder, the three attached images will show you what happens:

1. normal before selection or move (1.jpg)
2. selected items (2.jpg)
3. using arrow key, up once this is the result. (3.jpg)

as you will see the images do not move together in my system (Chrome)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	845058   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	845066   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	845074  

Jeff
post #10692 of 10702 Old 07-23-2015, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Yes you are correct on the first point, on the second, not sure what to tell you, I am using chrome, I am a beta tester of irule, so this behaviour happens in the regular builder as well as the beta builder, the three attached images will show you what happens:

1. normal before selection or move (1.jpg)
2. selected items (2.jpg)
3. using arrow key, up once this is the result. (3.jpg)

as you will see the images do not move together in my system (Chrome)

Press the up arrow again and see if the three that didn't move with the other two don't "catch up". I do see that behavior sometimes, where one or more elements of the group doesn't move on the first move. But another press in the same direction always puts everything right.

I've found other group move quirkiness too. For instance, the behavior when one part of the group hits another element or the side of the page, but the rest of the group does not, etc. The functionality certainly isn't perfect, but it does exist and it's better than nothing IMHO

Last edited by absolootbs; 07-23-2015 at 08:08 AM.
post #10693 of 10702 Old 07-23-2015, 08:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Press the up arrow again and see if the three that didn't move with the other two don't "catch up". I do see that behavior sometimes, where one or more of the group doesn't move on the first move. But another press in the same direction always puts everything right.
no dice, no big deal, just pointing out that it doesn't work for everyone, I have learned to live with it, thanks for the input though

Jeff
post #10694 of 10702 Old 07-23-2015, 08:35 AM

Quote:
no dice, no big deal, just pointing out that it doesn't work for everyone, I have learned to live with it, thanks for the input though

Oh well. Weird that it doesn't work the same from one person to another. Thats definitely one thing i wish irule had done differently - they were making great strides for a while in adding ux functionality to the builder and cleaning up the ux functionality that already existed. Then as soon as this whole "module" thing came to be, they realized what great potential it offered as a new/additional revenue stream and seem to have abandoned most everything that was happening previously to instead focus on new modules and improving existing modules. Granted, they've also added some non-module things (eg. variables and conditional logic) along the way. But as great as those may be, they still don't relieve the day to day frustration the builder can cause.

post #10695 of 10702 Old 07-23-2015, 12:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Has Android version just become totally unusable in the last few updates for anyone else? My previously excellently functioning Asus Memo tab that is the center of my theater control has been a disaster of late. Stacked commands taking nearly a minute to execute. Slow and missed gateway connections. I removed my directv feedback as that seemed to compound the issue.

PSN ID: Seldom_Seen
post #10696 of 10702 Old 07-27-2015, 04:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)
Liked: 292
IRULE APPLE TV MODULE

I have the iRule APPLE TV module. Went through tutorial, paired and all looks good on my iPhone but it won't control. The tutorial says, "In the iRule HD app, you will see the name of the computer to which you paired the app with as the Gateway name. But it doesn't. The Gateway page calls it 'New Gateway'. And then a IP address I don't recognize (nor can I change).

I had confirmation all paired (entered 4 digit code from iTunes).

The Tutorial references the iPad in the tutorial. Is this only working on iPad?

Any ideas?

My Home Theater of the Month- Le Petit Trianon

There are more than a handful of [op amps] that sound so good that most designers want to be using them as opposed to discreet transistors. Dave Reich, Theta 2009
post #10697 of 10702 Old Yesterday, 08:37 AM

Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post
IRULE APPLE TV MODULE

I have the iRule APPLE TV module. Went through tutorial, paired and all looks good on my iPhone but it won't control. The tutorial says, "In the iRule HD app, you will see the name of the computer to which you paired the app with as the Gateway name. But it doesn't. The Gateway page calls it 'New Gateway'. And then a IP address I don't recognize (nor can I change).

I had confirmation all paired (entered 4 digit code from iTunes).

The Tutorial references the iPad in the tutorial. Is this only working on iPad?

Any ideas?
The AppleTV module works with anything iOS. iPad, iPhone, etc. Not sure what version of iOS you are running, and I'm assuming that you are running iRule 4.2 that was released last week. When you pair with the AppleTV, the AppleTV's IP address is automatically populated into the gateway. That's why you can't change it. Check your AppleTV's IP address to verify that it matches with what you are seeing in the gateway page. Make sure that your AppleTV has the latest software installed. Make sure that your iPhone is running the latest software. The AppleTV module is part of Apple's Home Kit, so you need to be running iOS 8.3 and up. iOS 7 and older OS's do not support Home Kit.

Sometimes a simple restart of both devices will clear things up.
post #10698 of 10702 Old Yesterday, 08:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoftumble View Post
The AppleTV module works with anything iOS. iPad, iPhone, etc. Not sure what version of iOS you are running, and I'm assuming that you are running iRule 4.2 that was released last week. When you pair with the AppleTV, the AppleTV's IP address is automatically populated into the gateway. That's why you can't change it. Check your AppleTV's IP address to verify that it matches with what you are seeing in the gateway page. Make sure that your AppleTV has the latest software installed. Make sure that your iPhone is running the latest software. The AppleTV module is part of Apple's Home Kit, so you need to be running iOS 8.3 and up. iOS 7 and older OS's do not support Home Kit.

Sometimes a simple restart of both devices will clear things up.
I'm going to bet the IP address is wrong.... What would I do if that's it? Not home so I can't verify.

Thanks!

There are more than a handful of [op amps] that sound so good that most designers want to be using them as opposed to discreet transistors. Dave Reich, Theta 2009

Last edited by thebland; Yesterday at 09:41 AM.
post #10699 of 10702 Old Yesterday, 12:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Of it is up address, I would suggest update the address in irule, but also set your devices with static IP addresses using your router

Jeff
post #10700 of 10702 Old Yesterday, 06:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Got it. All good. Works like a charm. Resetting Apple TV did it.

Great addition to irule!

post #10701 of 10702 Old Today, 11:49 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Is there an easy way to copy a landscape page over to a portrait page? I know it can't be exact, but I'd rather not have to recreate every button, link, and label.
post #10702 of 10702 Old Today, 07:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 210 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
Is there an easy way to copy a landscape page over to a portrait page? I know it can't be exact, but I'd rather not have to recreate every button, link, and label.
You can hold down the control key and select every element on the page. Then copy them after they are all selected. Then go to the portrait page and paste.

I would try a few at a time to see first. You will have to rearrange then again after though.
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr 3311ci Receiver , Sharp Aquos , Lcd Hdtv , Receivers Amplifiers , Philips Pronto Tsu7000 The Intelligent Remote Control For Home Theater
Gear in this thread