iRule - Page 358 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #10711 of 10714 Old 08-15-2015, 08:47 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Digi Portserver question. I currently have a TS4 and need an additional port. Would it be best to get another 4 off of eBay or look for a TS 8?

The TS4 has a nice web interface and I'm comfortable with it. I'm not sure if this is true of the legacy 8 devices.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10712 of 10714 Old 08-18-2015, 07:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Been a proud user of iRule for 3 years with my denon products and more. Moving to a Yamaha RX-A3050 with the BD-A1040 BD Player. I am looking for the right codes in the devices to control both receiver and player via ip. there are many. I imported the Yamaha AVR HTTP Control-Zone 1 and Yamaha BD-S TCP/IP. Will these work? I am re-building my irule remote prior to the arrival of the new equipment on Friday as to hopefully have a smooth transition.My reason for IP is to remove the gc100 in my rack in order to make room. Currently the Denon is using ir via gc100.
thanks for all the support!

I do not condone what i do, but i will not deny myself the pleasure!
post #10713 of 10714 Old 08-19-2015, 08:45 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkicevic View Post
Been a proud user of iRule for 3 years with my denon products and more. Moving to a Yamaha RX-A3050 with the BD-A1040 BD Player. I am looking for the right codes in the devices to control both receiver and player via ip. there are many. I imported the Yamaha AVR HTTP Control-Zone 1 and Yamaha BD-S TCP/IP. Will these work? I am re-building my irule remote prior to the arrival of the new equipment on Friday as to hopefully have a smooth transition.My reason for IP is to remove the gc100 in my rack in order to make room. Currently the Denon is using ir via gc100.
thanks for all the support!
Your AVR driver should work fine. But be aware that since it is HTTP, you will need to send the query command for status (if you do feedback). RS232/TCP device driver does auto feedback BUT you need to send Keep Alive command every 40 or so seconds AND it only allows a single connection at a time. This is a problem if you use multi-zone or multi-user setup.
post #10714 of 10714 Old Yesterday, 09:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanole View Post
I have searched and found several posts mentioning irrigation control, but nothing definitive. Are there any irrigation control systems available that work with IRule?

i use etherain with vera. you need vera t omake it work with irule. only reason i use it cause i use vara already.

works well. except if you have more than one zone for watering (i have 5) the feedback is the same for each zone. meaning if zone one is running feedback shows all are running. so when away i have to check my cameras to make sure all is ok. this has to do with etherain. not irule. i would need 5 etherain boxes if i wanted proper feedback for each zone. the unit can't separate each zone out.

jim
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr 3311ci Receiver , Sharp Aquos , Lcd Hdtv , Receivers Amplifiers , Philips Pronto Tsu7000 The Intelligent Remote Control For Home Theater
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page