iRule - Page 368 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 67Likes

post #11011 of 11015 Old 07-05-2016, 04:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
In the Community tab, Select Type as "lighting" and scroll down (the search doesn't work for me) to "RGB LED-strip." Import that device. The Pronto Hex codes will send the right commands to the Global Cache IR module.
Thanks Matt, much appreciated! Didn't think to look in the Community tab for these.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11012 of 11015 Old 07-05-2016, 07:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 985 Post(s)
Liked: 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyFinVA View Post
Thanks Matt, much appreciated! Didn't think to look in the Community tab for these.
No problem!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
post #11013 of 11015 Old 07-05-2016, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1196 Post(s)
Liked: 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganTim View Post
Universal remote app for Zigbee RF4CE - Comcast X1. iRule?
Is there a Universal remote app for Zigbee RF4CE - Comcast X1?

Does iRule work with Zigbee RF4CE - Comcast X1?

Does iRule work with Vizio 2016 P series/ Smart control?

Does iRule have bluetooth support?
I am not an expert in irule but as far as I know irule is IP control only so if you want to talk to a device using Zigbee you need a device that can accept IP commands and transmit Zigbee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimim View Post
hey guys. i have a friend who changed providers. the modem/router now has a diff IP address so the itaches can't connect cause their ip address is a x.x.254.x the new router is a x.x.0.x what is the best way to get them back online?

the itaches all have manual ip's. should i hook my computer directly up to them to access them and change the ip and then deploy or is their a better way? if i reset them they will still to match the router ip cause they go back to default which might not match the .0. ip if i do hook directly to the computer i set a manual address to the computer of say x.x.0.90 or higher and i should be able to see them again.

was looking for some direction so i'm not up there forever today.

thanks!

jim
There are a lot of options here.

First, the easiest solution would be to change the router to use the old internal IP scheme. Than everything will just work the same way it used to. You won't have to change the itachs or the gateways on all the devices.

If you want to instead change the itachs then you just need to connect your computer to the network and give it a static IP address on the old network scheme. This will allow you to connect to all the itachs on the old IP scheme assuming the network is flat which it probably is.

In either scenario you are going to have to go into the router and find or set an IP range that is excluded from the DHCP scope so you don't have IP conflicts.
jimim and BrolicBeast like this.

Last edited by dalto; 07-05-2016 at 02:42 PM.
post #11014 of 11015 Old 07-05-2016, 12:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganTim View Post
Does iRule work with Vizio 2016 P series/ Smart control?

According to the Google PlayStore the Vizio tablet that comes with the P series TV "isn't compatible with this version" of iRule.
Kind of surprising, as it seems to be a pretty standard android tablet.
With the P series popularity, I hope that iRule implements the necessary compatibility tweaks very soon.

I would also like to use (iRule) IP commands to control the Vizio, but I don't think Vizio has released an IP command protocol/documentation (yet).
_____
Axel

post #11015 of 11015 Old 07-05-2016, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 78
ok so i did all the ip changes. all good. question. you can't use the legacy logins anymore can you? they won't work? i have to have him use the google plus logins right, but that isn't working though?

so i can't synch devices?

jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr 3311ci Receiver , Sharp Aquos , Lcd Hdtv , Receivers Amplifiers , Philips Pronto Tsu7000 The Intelligent Remote Control For Home Theater
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page