85Likes

post #11131 of 11140 Old 11-21-2016, 06:10 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanKosmann View Post
Hey guys, I have been looking to use iRule for years and have finally finished my first official build in my new house and am finally looking to set something up with IP Control. I just want to check, if it was day 1, how many of you would stick with iRule vs switching to any of the competitors? Thank you in advance!

This is a great question!

I *just* finished building my Home Theater, so I had to do a lot of soul searching before finalizing the control for it. In the end I couldn't find anything that does EVERYTHING the iRule does, that I can build and expand on myself.

Staying with iRule for me!

1st Timer Fusion-15 Build Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11132 of 11140 Old 11-21-2016, 10:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Does anyone control a JVC DLA-RS4810 (or similar) via LAN and iRule? No matter what I'm doing, it doesn't respond. Checked the simple stuff, cables, etc. The port is the required 20554 (I believe it was) and the ip address is exactly what the projector display (accessing network information from menu).

I'm using the "establish network connection" command (as downloaded in the JVC RS-XXX RS232/IP) and then sending pjreg (think that's what it's called) in a enternce send every 3 seconds.

Still... nothing... Any hints or suggestions?

"Suddenly the thought struck me, my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin
post #11133 of 11140 Old 11-22-2016, 02:05 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiojan View Post
Does anyone control a JVC DLA-RS4810 (or similar) via LAN and iRule? No matter what I'm doing, it doesn't respond. Checked the simple stuff, cables, etc. The port is the required 20554 (I believe it was) and the ip address is exactly what the projector display (accessing network information from menu).

I'm using the "establish network connection" command (as downloaded in the JVC RS-XXX RS232/IP) and then sending pjreg (think that's what it's called) in a enternce send every 3 seconds.

Still... nothing... Any hints or suggestions?
I think there is a setting in the menu for RS232/TCP which needs to be enabled on that model.
post #11134 of 11140 Old 11-22-2016, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by osupike99 View Post
I think there is a setting in the menu for RS232/TCP which needs to be enabled on that model.
Yes, in the menu, you need to change communication from RS232 to LAN, which was the first thing I did.

"Suddenly the thought struck me, my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin
post #11135 of 11140 Old 11-24-2016, 07:36 AM

Finally figured it out! You need to go into the menu and change the network settings to DHCP "ON", retrieve the IP address and save it. Then update the iRule network settings for the projector and it works.

post #11136 of 11140 Old 11-24-2016, 07:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 314 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiojan View Post
Finally figured it out! You need to go into the menu and change the network settings to DHCP "ON", retrieve the IP address and save it. Then update the iRule network settings for the projector and it works.
If you're going to use DHCP for a fixed device like this, one where you need to control it repeatedly, then set up a DHCP lease/reservation for it on your router. Most routers support this. You're basically leaving the device set to use DHCP but the lease (sometimes called a reservation) from the router will always assign the same IP address. This way anything else needing to control it will always be able to find it on the same address every time.
Gator99, ellisr63 and thepainter like this.
post #11137 of 11140 Old 11-24-2016, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkearney99 View Post
If you're going to use DHCP for a fixed device like this, one where you need to control it repeatedly, then set up a DHCP lease/reservation for it on your router. Most routers support this. You're basically leaving the device set to use DHCP but the lease (sometimes called a reservation) from the router will always assign the same IP address. This way anything else needing to control it will always be able to find it on the same address every time.
Great information and that makes perfect sense. Just didn't think about that. I'll get that IP reserved on my router.
thepainter likes this.

post #11138 of 11140 Old 11-25-2016, 10:32 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 11
swapped out my AVR for a Yamaha RX-A2060, and updating the codes but ran into an odd issue.
Using the "Yamaha RX-A and RX-V Series TCP/RS232" device codes I have successfully tested things like volume, mute and on-screen, but I can not get INPUT selection to work.
Using the HDMIx code gets no response. Am I missing something simple here? Wrong code, wrong device?
Wondering if anyone else with this same Yamaha line RX-Axxxx has successfully do this. thanks.
post #11139 of 11140 Old 11-26-2016, 02:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Liked: 117
I need help with IP control for an LG OLED I have the device selected in the builder. Its the IP control device in the builder. I made my gateway:

1. Network vs HTTP
2. I put in the IP. Static I made
3. Port I used 9761 (irule support page showed this.)

nothing

protocol i kept as TCP. I tried UDP and it connected but no codes worked. I'm just lost!

jim
thepainter likes this.
post #11140 of 11140 Old Today, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 964 Post(s)
Liked: 404
I am trying to get iRule up and running and have some questions...

When I look at my Gateways I have the following:
Global Cache- 1 gateway (this is for my Panasonic ae8000e projector interface)
Global Cache iTachIP2Sl @ 192.168.1.159

Network-2 gateways
Kodi @ 192.168.1.22
Pioneer Elite @192.168.1.106

HTTP- 2 gateways
ISY994i @192.168.1.20
Yamaha Preamp @192.168.1.18

1: Why is it that the Pioneer Elite BR is listed as network along with my Kodi box, and my Yamaha, and ISY994i are listed as http?
2: I did the default install selecting my devices, and then iputting my current IP addresses into the Gateway, but so far only the Yamaha is showing a green connection status, and the Pioneer is showing a red for connection (I realize red means it is not connected, but those are the only items on the list period).
3:On the Pioneer BR the connection shows a half circle red...does this mean part of it is correct, and the rest is not? The Pioneer I am using is the BDP-80, and I selected the Pioneer BD Player IP/RS232. Did I select the wrong one?

tia,
Ron

Yamaha CX-A5100, (3) JBL 2360As/EV DHA-1s, (3) 1/4 Pie bass bins, 4 JBL 8340As, 4 JBL 8320s, PS3, XBoxOne, 2 Intel NUCs, Monoprice speaker wire, and XLR cables, Redmere HDMI cables, Monster HTPS7000, 2 Furman filters, 2 DTS-10 subs, Panasonic AE8000, SeymourAV 195" diagonal scope screen, Panamorph UH-480, Darbee Darcet, Yamaha P7000s, (2) Crest Audio CM2208s, Yamaha XM-4080, (2) MiniDSP DDRC-88.
The Ellis Family Go Big or go Home HT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr 3311ci Receiver , Sharp Aquos , Lcd Hdtv , Receivers Amplifiers , Philips Pronto Tsu7000 The Intelligent Remote Control For Home Theater

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page