post #11161 of 11176 Old 12-31-2016, 11:17 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post
I don't see the issue. Kramer was already a share holder and bought out the other shareholders (including myself). Now they have it all.

iRule still runs my theater and other TVs around the house. I don't see that changing.

Still ultra flexible for a low, low cost.
Can we take that to mean that in your discussions/negotiations with Kramer you spoke of the future of the product, and they agreed to continue to support their DIY customer base?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11162 of 11176 Old 12-31-2016, 11:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 470 Post(s)
Liked: 141
I just can't see Itai giving up on the residential side and DIY side when this is the world he came from when he left his past job to start this full-time and for the future. he would be abandoning his complete past where it started, but then again money talks, but from what i know of him this seemed like it was his baby.

i still think all is good. i know the one supply house i buy from does a lot less with them over the years and have moving into other product. i can't even get global cache pieces from them anymore, but they are just as easy to get on amazon.

jim
thepainter likes this.
post #11163 of 11176 Old 12-31-2016, 02:49 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1496 Post(s)
Liked: 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougUSMC View Post
Can we take that to mean that in your discussions/negotiations with Kramer you spoke of the future of the product, and they agreed to continue to support their DIY customer base?
Not at all. I was simply an investor from when the company first started. I have no knowledge of residential plans as I'm officially out of the loop now. I personally don't see nor have I heard any plans scale it back. Business as usual. Kramer is a huge company and I expect they will support residential as they move to more commercial. I certainly don't have plans on dropping it. Still the best deal in town for the best, most flexible remote!

post #11164 of 11176 Old 01-08-2017, 03:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 1102 Post(s)
Liked: 1147
Greetings, all! If anyone is interested in picking up some Global Cache Gateways, let me know. I own 11 of them and only use 5, so I'm selling the remaining 6.

Link Here: Global Cache Gateways: RS-232 and IR
post #11165 of 11176 Old 01-20-2017, 01:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Hi .. Quick question for everyone.

Do you guys know how to create semi transparent buttons ??

If you take a look at this remote from another thread, it looks like it has transparent buttons.

Or are they simply a background image over which you just place a dummy button in iRule?

Also, do you guys have info on what image formats are supported by iRule and how you set transparency ? If I want to create a button with just the letter 'X' how do I get transparency around the actual letter.
post #11166 of 11176 Old 01-20-2017, 01:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by drtechno View Post
Hi .. Quick question for everyone.

Do you guys know how to create semi transparent buttons ??

If you take a look at this remote from another thread, it looks like it has transparent buttons.

Or are they simply a background image over which you just place a dummy button in iRule?

Also, do you guys have info on what image formats are supported by iRule and how you set transparency ? If I want to create a button with just the letter 'X' how do I get transparency around the actual letter.

Most buttons are PNG files, which can contain transparency.

Steve Goff
post #11167 of 11176 Old 01-20-2017, 02:13 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Goff View Post
Most buttons are PNG files, which can contain transparency.
So I can just create any PNG file, set transparency according to the image format rules, and I should be able to import it into iRule as a button, correct?
As an example (using the above image), I would create a PNG black box with 50% transparency and add text on top of it? Then just create the exact same image with the text 'highlighted' for the 'button pressed' state?

Last edited by drtechno; 01-20-2017 at 02:16 PM.
post #11168 of 11176 Old 01-20-2017, 03:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by drtechno View Post
So I can just create any PNG file, set transparency according to the image format rules, and I should be able to import it into iRule as a button, correct?
As an example (using the above image), I would create a PNG black box with 50% transparency and add text on top of it? Then just create the exact same image with the text 'highlighted' for the 'button pressed' state?

Yes, that would work.

Steve Goff
post #11169 of 11176 Old 01-23-2017, 11:35 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Is anyone here using irule to control DLA-RS500U? Are you using IP,IR or Serial control?
post #11170 of 11176 Old 01-26-2017, 07:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 124
They all work fine. IP is a little different as you have to issue a request to connect to the projector prior to executing a command but it works fine. SJ
post #11171 of 11176 Old 01-27-2017, 11:49 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just got a Xantech MRC88 on the cheap. Looking to control via GC-100 Serial. Can't seem to get it going, I downloaded their software and have tested source/Zone and everything seems just fine, however no love via serial. Is there anyone out there that has experience with the Xantech MRC88 that might be able to point me in the right direction. I have checked Baud rate. Tried straight through and Null cables - no joy. Thanks in advance.
post #11172 of 11176 Unread 02-10-2017, 04:07 AM
CIH USER

Quoted: 2192 Post(s)
Liked: 1313
Im aware that irule has been bought by Kramer but its been very quiet. Haven't seen any newly added features nor and App updates that keeps up with the Apple Software updates. Hopefully the haven't forgotten about us.

Frank (直率的)(فرانك)(franc)(lantad)
post #11173 of 11176 Unread 02-10-2017, 05:45 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepainter View Post
Just got a Xantech MRC88 on the cheap. Looking to control via GC-100 Serial. Can't seem to get it going, I downloaded their software and have tested source/Zone and everything seems just fine, however no love via serial. Is there anyone out there that has experience with the Xantech MRC88 that might be able to point me in the right direction. I have checked Baud rate. Tried straight through and Null cables - no joy. Thanks in advance.

UPDATE, finally got it going. Seems to have been a problem with serial commands via my GC-100-06. Swapped with an itach and is now working with the codes found on site. Nothing added (no carriage return).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #11174 of 11176 Unread 02-14-2017, 04:35 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1496 Post(s)
Liked: 847
Any way to convert a larger iPhone remote (e.g. iPhone 6 Plus / 7 Plus) to a smaller iPhone 7??

When opening up my remote that was designed for the larger iPhone only new, smaller iPhone 7, the resolution and size of the smaller phone causes the remote to be unusable.

Any easy way to make it work in the smaller phone?
thepainter likes this.

It's back!! Wine of the Week! Clos Martinet Tinto, Priorat DOCa, Spain ~$60. If you've not had a good Priorat, you've not truly tried Spain's smallest, yet most unique terroir.
My Home Theater of the Month- Le Petit Trianon
post #11175 of 11176 Unread Today, 12:50 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Not to be too off topic but I have a Kramer Matrix switch for my home theater and I have had a few issues with the box. Every time I reached out to them they have been great to deal with and have replaced the box now two times no questions asked!

I think their support for their customers is great. I do feel like this community has been quiet as well as the development from iRule. I hope some new cool stuff comes out but I will say that iRule does quite a bit of what I want it to do so that is great!
post #11176 of 11176 Unread Today, 06:48 PM
CIH USER

Quoted: 2192 Post(s)
Liked: 1313
Quote:
Originally Posted by heffneil View Post
Not to be too off topic but I have a Kramer Matrix switch for my home theater and I have had a few issues with the box. Every time I reached out to them they have been great to deal with and have replaced the box now two times no questions asked!

I think their support for their customers is great. I do feel like this community has been quiet as well as the development from iRule. I hope some new cool stuff comes out but I will say that iRule does quite a bit of what I want it to do so that is great!

I think irule is awesome, using it to its full potential, but it's good to read that Kramer has good customer service so let's hope there will be new cool stuff coming out soon.

Frank (直率的)(فرانك)(franc)(lantad)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr 3311ci Receiver , Sharp Aquos , Lcd Hdtv , Receivers Amplifiers , Philips Pronto Tsu7000 The Intelligent Remote Control For Home Theater
Gear in this thread