99Likes

post #11221 of 11223 Old Yesterday, 09:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirky27 View Post
Thanks for your encouragement and help. I would like to incorporate the LG volume slider. Your assistance again would be greatly appreciated.

I'm also thinking of replacing my AVR..... Do you have any recommendations? I have an Anthem but it doesn't support HDR and not full 4K.

Thanks.
Hey Kirky,

Volume Slider:

To get started with using the volume slider on your E6, first import the "LG TV VOLUME SLIDER" driver from the iRule devices library. Next click on the "MORE" tab to the right of the "FEEDBACKS" tab, and then expand the "Widgets" heading. Drag and drop either the "Vertical Slider" or "Horizontal Slider" widget into your control page. The slider can be edited like a button, so double click the slider and drop the "LG TV VOLUME SLIDER" device into the upper portion of the slider edit window. You will see the codes load into the slider. At that point you can close the slider widget. In your gateways, simply assign the "LG TV VOLUME SLIDER" to your existing LG serial gateway and you are ready to go. There are lots of settings for the slider, which you will find in the "Slider Properties" on the left side on the builder when you click on the slider widget. On Android devices, you may not have much control over the "bar thickness" setting - that's been my experience. The attached screenshots are iOS examples.

AVR:
I have a Pioneer Elite VSX-90 (2015 model) ( there are some good deals for this particular box out there ). The 2016 equivalent is the Pioneer Elite VSX-LX301. Either model is a 7.2 with Atmos support. 100 Watts/channel which is plenty for the size room I have my gear in. They both support 4:4:4/60 24bit 18Gb 4K passthrough, HDMI 2.0a, and HDCP 2.2. All my gear plugs into the back, and I use it as a source switcher. <$500

One of the cool things about these two Pioneers is that they will take a 1080P signal, and up-convert to 4K, so my AppleTV Gen 4, Firestick, and 1080P Blu-rays get an added boost in clarity and detail. AND . . . it will not interfere with a UHD HDR signal coming from the Oppo. I still use my Panasonic BDT-220 Blu-ray. ( I control the Panny using IP. It's flawless - go figure ).

I have custom drivers and feedbacks that I will gladly share if you end up getting one these Pioneer units. Their IP support is really good, and you can open as many as 4 ports, including telnet 23. I have had issues with the IP communications going to sleep or dropping off the network. A netscan still sees the unit, so I'm not sure what the deal is - so I am controlling using serial - it's bulletproof. I check their support site occasionally to see if there is a new FW update. If there is, I reconnect the unit to the net - run the update - and then back to serial. It uses a standard DB9 - DB9 - female to female NULL modem cable connected to my other IP2SL. 9600 baud.

Now . . . if you really want to have some fun, check out this box. I mentioned it in an earlier post, but you may not have caught it - as you were focused on getting the serial control working: http://www.murideo.com/prismahdr.html

Let me know what you decide about the AVR and how your slider is working.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0592.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	2036009   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2203.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	2036017  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11222 of 11223 Old Today, 12:30 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoftumble View Post
Hey Kirky,

Volume Slider:

To get started with using the volume slider on your E6, first import the "LG TV VOLUME SLIDER" driver from the iRule devices library. Next click on the "MORE" tab to the right of the "FEEDBACKS" tab, and then expand the "Widgets" heading. Drag and drop either the "Vertical Slider" or "Horizontal Slider" widget into your control page. The slider can be edited like a button, so double click the slider and drop the "LG TV VOLUME SLIDER" device into the upper portion of the slider edit window. You will see the codes load into the slider. At that point you can close the slider widget. In your gateways, simply assign the "LG TV VOLUME SLIDER" to your existing LG serial gateway and you are ready to go. There are lots of settings for the slider, which you will find in the "Slider Properties" on the left side on the builder when you click on the slider widget. On Android devices, you may not have much control over the "bar thickness" setting - that's been my experience. The attached screenshots are iOS examples.

AVR:
I have a Pioneer Elite VSX-90 (2015 model) ( there are some good deals for this particular box out there ). The 2016 equivalent is the Pioneer Elite VSX-LX301. Either model is a 7.2 with Atmos support. 100 Watts/channel which is plenty for the size room I have my gear in. They both support 4:4:4/60 24bit 18Gb 4K passthrough, HDMI 2.0a, and HDCP 2.2. All my gear plugs into the back, and I use it as a source switcher. <$500

One of the cool things about these two Pioneers is that they will take a 1080P signal, and up-convert to 4K, so my AppleTV Gen 4, Firestick, and 1080P Blu-rays get an added boost in clarity and detail. AND . . . it will not interfere with a UHD HDR signal coming from the Oppo. I still use my Panasonic BDT-220 Blu-ray. ( I control the Panny using IP. It's flawless - go figure ).

I have custom drivers and feedbacks that I will gladly share if you end up getting one these Pioneer units. Their IP support is really good, and you can open as many as 4 ports, including telnet 23. I have had issues with the IP communications going to sleep or dropping off the network. A netscan still sees the unit, so I'm not sure what the deal is - so I am controlling using serial - it's bulletproof. I check their support site occasionally to see if there is a new FW update. If there is, I reconnect the unit to the net - run the update - and then back to serial. It uses a standard DB9 - DB9 - female to female NULL modem cable connected to my other IP2SL. 9600 baud.

Now . . . if you really want to have some fun, check out this box. I mentioned it in an earlier post, but you may not have caught it - as you were focused on getting the serial control working: http://www.murideo.com/prismahdr.html

Let me know what you decide about the AVR and how your slider is working.
Hi.

I'll try the slider this evening. These Pioneer AVR's....... Do they have configurable inputs like Anthem does? For example you may use HDMI2 across multiple listening activities instead of having to use a dedicated input/output for a particularly defined activity..... To be more specific I have lots of devices and my PS3 , for example, is connected using optical input 3 for sound from the PS3 .. However I also use OPT3 for pass-through from the LG streaming apps. So this allows me to reuse inputs/outputs when I have no extra ports.....

Additionally do you use any sort of room compensatory software/hardware? I use miniDSP and REW (for better subwoofer integration) + Anthem's ARC-M1 to minimize the effects of the non ideal room on the sound.

I'm interested in the Murideo.

The commands for the LG are working flawlessly-so far. I had loaded the HDMI input commands....they didn't work initially....so I looked up the commands in the manual and the overall structure was correct but the Command 1 was incorrect and the Data field was incorrect as well....so I had to manually edit....

I haven't tested the Oppo extensively as I spent the majority of Sunday rewiring my system and cleaning up the unsightly mess behind the AV stand.

Thanks.
post #11223 of 11223 Old Today, 09:43 PM

Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirky27 View Post
Hi.

I'll try the slider this evening. These Pioneer AVR's....... Do they have configurable inputs like Anthem does? For example you may use HDMI2 across multiple listening activities instead of having to use a dedicated input/output for a particularly defined activity..... To be more specific I have lots of devices and my PS3 , for example, is connected using optical input 3 for sound from the PS3 .. However I also use OPT3 for pass-through from the LG streaming apps. So this allows me to reuse inputs/outputs when I have no extra ports.....

Additionally do you use any sort of room compensatory software/hardware? I use miniDSP and REW (for better subwoofer integration) + Anthem's ARC-M1 to minimize the effects of the non ideal room on the sound.

I'm interested in the Murideo.

The commands for the LG are working flawlessly-so far. I had loaded the HDMI input commands....they didn't work initially....so I looked up the commands in the manual and the overall structure was correct but the Command 1 was incorrect and the Data field was incorrect as well....so I had to manually edit....

I haven't tested the Oppo extensively as I spent the majority of Sunday rewiring my system and cleaning up the unsightly mess behind the AV stand.

Thanks.
Hey Kirky,

Here's some additional info on the Pioneer:

My Pioneer VSX-90, and the 2016 equivalent - the VSX-LX301 support both assignable and/or independent audio inputs. There are 6 HDMI inputs ( Inputs 1 thru 3 support HDCP 2.2 ). The VSX-LX301 has one digital coax, and 2 optical digital audio inputs. My VSX-90 has only 1 optical input and 1 coax digital input. I have my DirecTV 2K box, my AppleTV 4th Gen, and my Panasonic 2K Blu-ray connected to HDMI 4,5,6. My Oppo and my DirecTV 4K box are connected to HDMI 1 and 2. I have the optical feed from the E6 going to the optical input labeled TV on the Pioneer. The Main HDMI out from the Pioneer is connected to the input of my Murideo Prisma, and from the Prisma to HDMI1 on the E6. I don't have anything else connected at this point - and I have an open HDCP 2.2 HDMI input if I ever need it. I don't know how much stuff you have, but I'm thinking you might be able to plug everything into the Pioneer. There is also an HDMI port on the front of the unit, so you could get something going on the fly if needed.

I'm considering moving the DirecTV 2K ( HR54 ) box into the Master BR, because the 4K box (C61) can tune to any 2K channel and that will free up one of the WVB clients for use in the third BR. This will free up an additional non-HDCP 2.2 port on the Pioneer for future use. Also, the Panasonic Blu-ray is going into my daughter's room fairly soon. so that will free up another HDMI input on the back.

As for sound environment compensation, I use the built-in MCACC calibration system to get things balanced out and flattened. The Pioneer really does a great job with handling difficult acoustics, including reverb compensation, etc. ( My "Cinema" room has very tall ceilings and marble flooring, so it is a very "loud" room so to speak. Although Atmos content sounds great! ) It takes the Pioneer about 15 minutes to run through all the various testing / listening with the included microphone, and then things are pretty well set. From there I will pop in the Spears & Munsil Blu-ray and run their various speaker testing chapters to verify channel-volume balance, and then I use the equalizer function in the Pioneer "iControlAV5" app on my phone to "warm" up the sound a bit. The MCACC tends to flatten the sound a bit too much for my taste. I have a Sunfire Signature True Subwoofer, and the MCACC calibration system does a great job of taking out any low end holes /cutoffs between the mains and the sub.

Your Anthem is a very high end system, so you might want to take a closer look at one of the more top shelf Pioneer Elites such as the SC-LX 901 or LX 701 with Class D amps. They are new 2017 models with even more bells and whistles; and the high end level you have grown accustomed to. The good news is that the control codes have not changed other than a few new ones to address new features as they get introduced into the product line.

I'm really glad to hear that your TV control is now up to snuff. You will get similar results with the Oppo. Did you get the slider to work?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr 3311ci Receiver , Sharp Aquos , Lcd Hdtv , Receivers Amplifiers , Philips Pronto Tsu7000 The Intelligent Remote Control For Home Theater
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page