post #11341 of 11349 Old Yesterday, 10:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 470 Post(s)
Liked: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by tspotorno View Post
Yes, I control it via a GC ITachIP2SL serial connection. It autodetects all of the ITach modules on your network, then you can associate the specific device with the ITach. When you specify the device, the entire database of devices opens up and you can select any one, the Lumagen Pro is there.

You can then assign the specific devices hooked up to the Lumagen and it automatically adds the input selection to those devices activity.

The only device I cannot locate is the Datasat... I am working on a custom file of commands to control it now. It is basically an XML file you have to type the commands into and then upload it to the IPad. I'll report back with my experience if it works. Outside of that the KScape integration is great, shows the entire movie list / the position of the movie as you watch it etc.

A nice bonus was Oppo. It works via IP to the Oppo 205, I had to use an ITach serial module with IRule.

Well, I do not see how to add feedbacks if they are not already in the default setup for the device, as soon as I have the RS20i figured out, I'll look at that more.
Let us know how it goes! With your Lumagen Pro, does it also allow you to manually use the Lumagen interface (e.g. MENU, cursor buttons, etc.)? My lumagen is not located in the room, so the manual remote does not work. I might try this product for our second zone in our home (also has Kscape which might be good). Thanks. SJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11342 of 11349 Old Yesterday, 01:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 495 Post(s)
Liked: 143
For u guys using simple control. U don?t have to use their boxes? U can use itach?s? If I want to try it out do I need to buy a lisense or is thier a free version?
post #11343 of 11349 Old Yesterday, 03:33 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimim View Post
For u guys using simple control. U don?t have to use their boxes? U can use itach?s? If I want to try it out do I need to buy a lisense or is thier a free version?
I switched from IRule, SimpleControls "Autodetected" all my GC ITach units and allowed me to assign a device to each of them very easily. No need to buy any additional hardware.

I believe the free edition is 1 device, I went ahead and got the service, and have my entire house programmed in without issues. Every TV / DVD / Lumagen / Projector / DirecTV box was auto detected. I was able to add my Datasat as a custom device very easily.

Sony VW5000 | Stewart 156" Ultramat 150
Datasat RS20i | 3 x MC601 | 1 x MC205 | Oppo 105 | Lumagen Radiance Pro
B&W 800 / HTM 2 Diamonds | 4 x Paradigm ADP3 | 2 x Fathom F212 | 4 x ML Vanquish
D-Box HEMC & 2 x SRP 330 platforms | Synology DS3615xs 12x6TB drives

post #11344 of 11349 Old Yesterday, 03:43 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJHT View Post
Let us know how it goes! With your Lumagen Pro, does it also allow you to manually use the Lumagen interface (e.g. MENU, cursor buttons, etc.)? My lumagen is not located in the room, so the manual remote does not work. I might try this product for our second zone in our home (also has Kscape which might be good). Thanks. SJ
Quick update. I was able to create a custom device file for the Datasat. Did not need many commands as I really only use vol up/down/mute and the status of those items.

This program while different from IRule is actually nice. Key concept is to program "Tasks" or Activities. For instance, I walk in to HT and want to watch KScape. I setup an Activity that says "Play KScape". It contains a series of actions each with adjustable delays. Power on Sony, Lumagen, Datasat, KScape unit. Switch Lumagen to Input 1 etc. I have one of these for each source I watch (Oppo, DirecTV, Roku, PS4...)

When you select one of the above it displays the remote for the device, i.e. the KScape unit along with vol +/-.

Also, in the "Activity List" you can place an Activity that is actually a remote. I.e. I can add an Activity for the Lumagen, since I am in that menu ALOT... Now while watching KScape I can select the Lumagen Remote activity and have the full remote for the Lumagen at my fingertips.

I have not figured out what I would need the HUB for. I can backup to Dropbox and then restore the file to another IPad to sync my changes around. This is very nice!!!

Overall this has been a pleasure to setup, it works, I do not have the option to design my "Steampunk" remotes but honestly it is not needed. Most anyone who uses my HT when I'm not there needs "1 Touch Control" i.e. I want to watch a BluRay on the Oppo, press the button and insert the disk and the Oppo remote / volume control is there.

So far I give it 5 stars

Sony VW5000 | Stewart 156" Ultramat 150
Datasat RS20i | 3 x MC601 | 1 x MC205 | Oppo 105 | Lumagen Radiance Pro
B&W 800 / HTM 2 Diamonds | 4 x Paradigm ADP3 | 2 x Fathom F212 | 4 x ML Vanquish
D-Box HEMC & 2 x SRP 330 platforms | Synology DS3615xs 12x6TB drives
post #11345 of 11349 Old Yesterday, 04:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Thanks. I ended up purchasing and started with our family room zone. Literally took be about an hour to do everything (about 8 devices). Think I will do our theater, but mainly use as a secondary system/backup as iRule is a lot more customizable and our theater is more complicated. The Kscape and DISH integration into the remote is very nice. SJ
post #11346 of 11349 Old Yesterday, 04:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

thanks guys. i think i might give it a try. command fusion looks very similar to irule but you are out there for templates. i got spoiled with the ones itai included from day 1 and then built from other users here. i am going to try simple control though.

as a side note i updated my iPhone to iOS 11 tonight. irule still works. so i assume it's a 64 bit app which i didn't think it was and i would also assume it will still work on the iPad's i guess. i didn't do any of those yet.

jim
post #11347 of 11349 Old Yesterday, 06:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
thanks guys. i think i might give it a try. command fusion looks very similar to irule but you are out there for templates. i got spoiled with the ones itai included from day 1 and then built from other users here. i am going to try simple control though.

as a side note i updated my iPhone to iOS 11 tonight. irule still works. so i assume it's a 64 bit app which i didn't think it was and i would also assume it will still work on the iPad's i guess. i didn't do any of those yet.

jim
Great to hear it works with IOS 11! I know that Kramer is not focused on DIY crowd, but seems you could turn the product (with subscription) into an ongoing revenue stream. With it working on IOS 11, at least it might continue to operate as is for many years to come, but not have new capabilities (e.g. Adding Amazon Echo support)..... SJ
post #11348 of 11349 Old Yesterday, 06:17 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
i would also assume it will still work on the iPad's i guess. i didn't do any of those yet.

jim

keep us posted on updating your iPad's to ios 11, I would be interested on how it goes

Creekside Stone Cinema
post #11349 of 11349 Old Today, 05:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I figured someone here would experiment for me since I did the iPhone. Lol

I did try simple control last night. Wow pretty easy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr 3311ci Receiver , Sharp Aquos , Lcd Hdtv , Receivers Amplifiers , Philips Pronto Tsu7000 The Intelligent Remote Control For Home Theater

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page