iRule - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 9968 Old 01-06-2011, 12:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Designing Macros as my final step and running into a snag. In my Main "Home" panel I have my sources all down the left side and in the center, the Macros so when the client wants to watch TV all he does is push the button with the TV symbol (pretty standard)

What I can't figure out, and it's probably something stupid, is how do I have the button press, which triggers the macro, end up advancing iRule to my Watch TV panel which houses all the controls for the cable box or whatever I'm doing?

I thought about using a link and then adding Entrances, but then every time he went to that panel, everything would trigger...not desirable.

Simple. Stupid. Little, yellow, different...

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 9968 Old 01-06-2011, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrygordon View Post

Ahun,

Yes. A panel/Grid is not tied to a unique device. WHat are tied to a unique device are the commands you assign to a button/link touch. In fact you can assign multiple commands to the same button and they do not have to be for the same device.

Great, can you explain one last thing I'm going crazy looking for the right buttons to match my commands I have scanned the image library many times (monotonous task) and cannot seem to find what I need any idea were to look so I can import my own buttons?
post #183 of 9968 Old 01-06-2011, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
If you can not find them in the library, I suggest you have to either learn them, or go to someplace like rmote central and search their file area. May ask what devices are you looking for
post #184 of 9968 Old 01-06-2011, 12:56 PM

Quote:

If you can not find them in the library, I suggest you have to either learn them, or go to someplace like rmote central and search their file area. May ask what devices are you looking for

Looking for buttons and codes for wd tv
post #185 of 9968 Old 01-06-2011, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mizel, why not put the commands on the link. That is totally fine and I use that technique. I do not use macros, but I do not see why you couldn't do that, i.e. put the macro trigger on a link. Since I have not tried configuring a macro onto a link I can not attest to it, but it seems to me that would be an important capability
post #186 of 9968 Old 01-06-2011, 12:57 PM

Quote:

And buttons for panasonic projector
post #187 of 9968 Old 01-06-2011, 12:57 PM

Quote:

Mizel, why not put the commands on the link. That is totally fine and I use that technique. I do not use macros, but I do not see why you couldn't do that, i.e. put the macro trigger on a link. Since I have not tried configuring a macro onto a link I can not attest to it, but it seems to me that would be an important capability

Wd tv media centre
post #188 of 9968 Old 01-06-2011, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Check my web site www.the-gordons.net. The IRGen program posted there has at least one projector in its library. Download it, Runs on a PC not a MAC , and maybe it will solve one of your issues. I have no idea what WD media Center is
post #189 of 9968 Old 01-06-2011, 01:08 PM

Quote:

Check my web site www.the-gordons.net. The IRGen program posted there has at least one projector in its library. Download it, Runs on a PC not a MAC , and maybe it will solve one of your issues. I have no idea what WD media Center is

Wasn't clear apologies western digital media centre
post #190 of 9968 Old 01-06-2011, 01:27 PM

Quote:

Probably because I wasn't thinking it was that simple. Duh

Thanks Barry
post #191 of 9968 Old 01-06-2011, 02:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizell View Post

Designing Macros as my final step and running into a snag. In my Main "Home" panel I have my sources all down the left side and in the center, the Macros so when the client wants to watch TV all he does is push the button with the TV symbol (pretty standard)

What I can't figure out, and it's probably something stupid, is how do I have the button press, which triggers the macro, end up advancing iRule to my Watch TV panel which houses all the controls for the cable box or whatever I'm doing?

I thought about using a link and then adding Entrances, but then every time he went to that panel, everything would trigger...not desirable.

Simple. Stupid. Little, yellow, different...

Thanks

I'd just use a link, which is a button that also sends you to a new panel and page. The link can have multiple stacked commands with delays between commands, to create a macro. My button for watching movies via my blu-ray player includes all of the commands to make it happen (turn things on, select input, open player drawer, etc.) and links to the panel and page for controlling the player and volume on my preamp.

Steve Goff
post #192 of 9968 Old 01-06-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pglover19 View Post

Hello All,

The Emotiva UMC-1 device is saved in the iRule database but I cannot get iRule to control this device. I have a Global Cache GC-100-06 device and IR #3 is connected to the UMC-1. Other devices such as the Motorola DVR box is working fine with the Global Cache device. For the UMC-1, I am using the IR HEX codes already defined in the iRule database. Could these codes be wrong in the database? In addition, I found the IR codes on the Emotiva website for the UMC-1 and even plugged these codes in iRule and I still cannot control the UMC-1 from iRule. Maybe it is my setup in the iRule Builder. Please help......

FYI.. I am using the UMC-1 codes for the milled remote (new black remote).

I have my UMC-1 working with iRule. AFAIK, I made the codes available in iRule. The codes are the same that I posted in the Emotiva forums. As described in the Emotiva forums, I derived the codes from information that Emotiva support provided me before they released the official codes for the milled remote. Someone noted that the later released official codes were slightly different than my derived codes. All of the codes that i derived have worked for me in iRule with no problems. As i recall, someone on the Emotiva board posted that my codes worked the same or slightly better than the official codes.
post #193 of 9968 Old 01-06-2011, 03:24 PM

Quote:

Hi Barry thanks for that the projector image was spot on the only thing is it's the buttons I'm after i have imported the image as a whole is their a way I can use the individual buttons?
post #194 of 9968 Old 01-06-2011, 03:47 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcs2tx View Post

I have my UMC-1 working with iRule. AFAIK, I made the codes available in iRule. The codes are the same that I posted in the Emotiva forums. As described in the Emotiva forums, I derived the codes from information that Emotiva support provided me before they released the official codes for the milled remote. Someone noted that the later released official codes were slightly different than my derived codes. All of the codes that i derived have worked for me in iRule with no problems. As i recall, someone on the Emotiva board posted that my codes worked the same or slightly better than the official codes.

Ok.. If you are using the same codes for the Emotiva UMC-1 posted in the Emotiva forum which is the same ones saved in the iRule database, then there are something wrong with my setp in the iRule Builder. Can you send me some screenshots of your setup in the iRule Builder. In addition, what Global Cache device are you using as well as the IR emitters. Also, I want to confirm where you are placing the IR emitter on the Emotiva UMC-1 device. Please advise as I wanting to get this resolved tonight.
post #195 of 9968 Old 01-06-2011, 04:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Shaun,

I'm sorry we are not communicating. I do not know what you mean by the "Projector Image". What IRGen should have given you was the ability to make a complete IR Device file for iRule, and a Way to verify that the IR codes it generated are correct and work with the iTach to properly drive your Pojector independently of iRule.

With rgeard to individual buttons, If you have set up a panel for your projector in iRule or placed buttons on panels in iRule through which you wish to control your projector; all you have to do is load the device file from IRGen into iRule and drag the appropriate device commands onto the buttons that need them.

Am I missing something?
post #196 of 9968 Old 01-06-2011, 05:43 PM

Quote:

I hadn't realized that you could put commands on a link, that's nice to know. But what do you mean by putting a macro trigger on a link? To me a macro is just a button with multiple commands or am I missing something?
post #197 of 9968 Old 01-06-2011, 05:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Yes that is correct, so in effect put the multiple commands on the link button. That should work. I never use macros.
post #198 of 9968 Old 01-06-2011, 06:44 PM

this may have been discussed i am just having a hard time finding the answer, i am trying to use Irule to controll my media center pc over the network, i am running windows 7 64bit and using a global cache Itach device. any help or direction would be great, thank you in advance.
post #199 of 9968 Old 01-06-2011, 06:51 PM

Barry, hope I can attach this file. It has the official codes from Pioneer for the different AVR models. I got this from the Pioneer site. Sorry about my slow response. Day job and all that...

Scott - Just planning now
post #200 of 9968 Old 01-06-2011, 07:08 PM
AVS Special Member

I have this one. It is what I used for the 1120. The 920 is not in it.

Never mind I found it. I will look at it tomorrow and get back to you.
post #201 of 9968 Old 01-06-2011, 07:43 PM

Quote:

Dustin,

Try this: Delete your existing cursor commands from your cursor buttons. Go into the device tab for your dvd player and change the repetition value from the default "3" to "2" on the cursor commands. Now drag the commands with the new value to your buttons.

-Brent

Thanks Brent! Just need my wife to finish watching Grey's Anatomy so I can test it
post #202 of 9968 Old 01-06-2011, 08:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrdfoo View Post

this may have been discussed i am just having a hard time finding the answer, i am trying to use Irule to controll my media center pc over the network, i am running windows 7 64bit and using a global cache Itach device. any help or direction would be great, thank you in advance.

You can control a media center pc directly over the network via Ethernet, using the MCE Controller device. Irule can wake the computer from sleep and MCE Contoller can start and control Windows Media Center, all without the use of an iTach or other intermediate device. This works much better than an iTach IR device. MCE Controller and other devices can also be used to start and control other pc programs, such as XBMC and J. River Media Center.

Steve Goff
post #203 of 9968 Old 01-06-2011, 08:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

I rip to what is known as an unRaid server.

Barry, you are a fount of knowledge. I've been evaluating NAS systems and this is useful information. Thanks.

Richard
post #204 of 9968 Old 01-06-2011, 09:46 PM

With the incredible help of Barry and others here, I am leaning towards running XBMC as the media center for my client. Apple TV just looks to be both limiting and constrained. The next question I pose to the forum - which computer would best run the software? Do I simply buy a Mac Mini for its small size, HDMI output, DVD drive while making for an easy interface for the iPad controlling the entire system? Does it have enough horsepower? My plan is to rip his DVD collection using MakeMKV and store it all on network drives regardless.

Or is there a certain PC everyone is using lately? I, myself, am more a PC man, but I don't really believe in any new Windows products and don't want to try to impose a Linux system on the client.

Your thoughts?
post #205 of 9968 Old 01-06-2011, 10:06 PM

Hi all.

First of all I would like to congratulate the developer for the initiative and good work until now.

I have some suggestions, that I would like added in the next version if possible.

I think the builder should be more flexible.

1- It would be much easier if we were able to select multiple items (buttons and stuff) and drag them togheter.
2- I miss being able to copying pages between different panels, and copying buttons between pages. Come on, it's ridiculous not to have those features and very annoying to design multiple pages without them.

Now about the iRule interface.

3- There could be a setting which I could choose a Panel/Page to open default within application launch.
4- Password authentication for defined items is required, I have a biometric door at my house, where I've configured a web link to open the door through iRule, if someone steals my iPhone he could enter my house. Another example is adult channels being hidden from children.
5- The navigation style window must change, it's not appropriate for button/links navigation and it's just weird to navigate like this.
6- There should be more settings, with options such as "hide panel list" (to force button navigation) and lock orientation to "landscape" or "portait" option.

That's all I can think for now.

Cheers!

Cassio Simões
post #206 of 9968 Old 01-07-2011, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizell View Post

With the incredible help of Barry and others here, I am leaning towards running XBMC as the media center for my client. Apple TV just looks to be both limiting and constrained. The next question I pose to the forum - which computer would best run the software? Do I simply buy a Mac Mini for its small size, HDMI output, DVD drive while making for an easy interface for the iPad controlling the entire system? Does it have enough horsepower? My plan is to rip his DVD collection using MakeMKV and store it all on network drives regardless.

Or is there a certain PC everyone is using lately? I, myself, am more a PC man, but I don't really believe in any new Windows products and don't want to try to impose a Linux system on the client.

Your thoughts?

Personally I would go with a decent specced PC - I run all (or at least most) of my home cinema currently via Vista/Windows Media Centre and use MyMovies as the front end to deliver the video content. This enables me to play 720p and 1080p MKV files, DVDRips, Xvid etc, etc all with DTS or 5.1/7.1 sound extremely well.

I've had it in situ for about three years and the key goal was that it couldn't be a techy solution that I only I could drive - it had to be straightforward so my wife and my 9 year old son (at the time - although he's probably more techy than I am now !!) could use it easily. It works a treat !

The machine I use is (now) three years old and was just a standard Dell desktop which lives in my comms room (!!) and connects to my amp via DVI/HDMI to deliver the content. It is still well capable of running HD content and other than considering upgrading it to Windows 7 it is still fit for purpose. All my content lives on either NAS drives or shared storage on a couple of PCs I have strategically placed via UMB shares.
post #207 of 9968 Old 01-07-2011, 03:25 AM

Hi,
I can always recommend anyone Plex. It's a OSX based media center application (originated from XBMC). I have a Mac mini now and it works perfectly. But I have to say even my 5 year old Macbook with 5400 rpm drive and just 1 gig of ram can play 1080p MKV's. There's an app for iOS as well.
post #208 of 9968 Old 01-07-2011, 03:34 AM

With iRule + iTach WF2IR I successfully control my receiver (Yamaha RX-V657). However, volume control doesn't really work as I want to. It increases with 0.5 dB for each press. I've tried exeprimenting with "repeat on hold" with different values but it's either too slow (0.1 sec) and if I put it to lower, let's say 0.01 sec the number of commands "queues up" so whenever I release the button, it increases to send commands to the receive (panic so I have to run up to the receiver and stop it ).

I've seen some discussion regarding volume ramping in this thread but none really gave the solution.

I basically want what the original remote.

It seems there are devices that support "volume memory" or "volume preset" since there are database codes called VOLUME MEMORY X for the Yamaha receivers in iRule. But it doesn't seem to work and I can't find any info on that in my receiver. Is it only certain receivers that support this?
post #209 of 9968 Old 01-07-2011, 03:36 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcs2tx View Post

Can you please respond to my email about your setup.. I have tried everything and cannot get iRule to work with the Emotiva UMC-1 processor. Can you please share with me your iRule Builder setup, the Global Cache device you are using and setup information, and the IR emmitters you are using. Another question, are you using emitters or do you have the Global Cache unit connected to the IR Input found on the back of the UMC-1. If you are using emitters, place send me a screenshot of the exact location you are placing the emitter on the UMC-1 device.

Please help me figure this thing out....
post #210 of 9968 Old 01-07-2011, 03:54 AM

Anyone using iRule (I use iTach WF2IR) for controlling their TV Sharp Aquos LC-46XD1E? In iRule there's a device "Sharp Flat TV LCD All Models 2008" which seems to work for changing channels, volume, power etc. When it comes to INPUT it only has INPUT VIDEO 1, VIDEO 2, SCROLL, PC, ANTENNA etc. which doesn't work for me.

On my original remote there's a button for INPUT and that gives you a list of all INPUTS and then I have to go UP or DOWN to choose between the inputs. Having ONE button for each input would be much better of course.

Maybe my only solution is to capture the IR-code from the "INPUT" button and then put this and arrow up/down in the iRule?
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr 3311ci Receiver , Sharp Aquos , Lcd Hdtv , Receivers Amplifiers , Philips Pronto Tsu7000 The Intelligent Remote Control For Home Theater
Gear in this thread - Tsu7000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page