Epson projector rs 232 code help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 08-06-2011, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I posted this in the projector area with no response so am hoping for more luck here!

I really was hoping to control my 8700 via rs 232, unfortunately it seems as though the available discreet commands are very limited compared to the ir commands, for instance I don't see any serial commands for the cursor or menu etc... does anybody know if there are rs 232 commands that do everything the ir commands can and if so were to find them.

Thanks in advance!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 08-07-2011, 03:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Hi Cheezit,

As far as I've been able to find, the Epson VP21 protocol spec for the HT projectors is limited to discrete power / mute / input selection / colour mode / aspect. Even the business class projector variant of the VP21 spec doesn't include menu and navigation functionality.

Jonathan
post #3 of 10 Old 08-07-2011, 09:09 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Thanks for the info.

Kind of disappointing and backwards lol!

post #4 of 10 Old 08-17-2011, 07:58 AM

Liked: 10
I found a document that lists these. You can give them a shot. I will be trying to control my 8350 using rs232 as well but have not gotten around to it yet.

Menu: "KEY 03"
Up: "KEY 35"
Down: "KEY 36"
Left: "KEY 37"
Right: "KEY 38"

Post back if they work.

post #5 of 10 Old 08-18-2011, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakkb View Post

I found a document that lists these. You can give them a shot. I will be trying to control my 8350 using rs232 as well but have not gotten around to it yet.

Menu: "KEY 03"
Up: "KEY 35"
Down: "KEY 36"
Left: "KEY 37"
Right: "KEY 38"

Post back if they work.

Just tested these out and they work perfectly!!!! I sent you a PM with my email address so you can send me the whole document!! I am very excited to see what other codes are in there. Hope fully there is direct memory setting access!

post #6 of 10 Old 08-18-2011, 02:45 PM

Glad to hear they worked! Check your email for the whole set.

post #7 of 10 Old 08-19-2011, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

jakkb,

Thanks for the documents, I tried all the codes and they all work!!!! I now have full RS232 control and can do everything and more than I could with IR.

Most importantly you CAN discreetly call any memory setting!!

How did you come across these codes? I had searched for hours and not found anything like it!

post #8 of 10 Old 08-19-2011, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezit73 View Post

jakkb,

Thanks for the documents, I tried all the codes and they all work!!!! I now have full RS232 control and can do everything and more than I could with IR.

Most importantly you CAN discreetly call any memory setting!!

How did you come across these codes? I had searched for hours and not found anything like it!

I own an 8350 so I searched for "epson 8350 serial commands" and the first result was this page:

Epson Serial Commands

I guess I got lucky

post #9 of 10 Old 08-19-2011, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Amazing that on the documentation site for the 8700 and even the 9700 which is sold even more likely to be in an "Installed" environment that there is no link to the .xls document!!!! Just happy to have it though!!

post #10 of 10 Old 08-19-2011, 04:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Brilliant! I've been searching for years and never run across that XLS.

Thanks for the find!

Jonathan
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page