Originally Posted by Sodbuster
To prevent a typo on my part, I cut and pasted your plist file into an XML editor to have a look at it, then transferred it unchanged to Dropbox. Now when I try to Restore Configuration from Dropbox, the process looks as if it's beginning, but then the app closes abruptly without changing anything. I discovered in the past that I could neither save nor restore without first rebooting the iPad or a 'fail' message would appear. just a nuisance, but that isn't what's going on now.
I will go back to the template offered by the Roomie folks and plug in following your instructions. Maybe your file became corrupted somehow.
Here's a related question-Roomie states that importing and saving a new plist will erase the old one by over-writing it. I have already used a RoomieCodes.plist to add the proper inputs for my AVP, and I don't want those changes to disappear from my configuration. If I change the plist for the curtain controls, will I lose the old stuff? I will review the instructions once more to see if I can't just add the new device and commands onto the old list.
Bill - I just cut that Makita code segment out of my RoomieCodes file; there was other header/footer code that I didn't include, so if you just did a C&P into the file then I'm sure it won't work.
The way I understand the RoomieCode file process to work is that it has to contain all of your supplemental (i.e. non-Roomie provided) device information: you have to always include everything
that is being added above and beyond the Roomie default devices, each time
you do an upload. So in my case, I have an older model Lexicon pre-amp that isn't included in the IR codes supplied by Roomie - whenever I update my Makita code (for example), I have to include the Lexicon code in the file I submit to DropBox.
The way I first added in a new device was to open the RoomieCode file that originally came from Roomie, and modify the one device they provide as an example (an XBox IIRC) - as I subsequently add additional devices, I just copy/paste an existing device lower down to create a duplicate entry, and then I edit the keys appropriately - this leaves the required header/footer info intact. [But I think that this is what you were proposing to do anyway]
I haven't experienced any of the failures or need to reboot that you mentioned - all works as advertized. [There was a version update to Roomie this morning that, among other items, referenced a bug fix for DropBox - however, it has always worked without a problem for me]
As an aside, in the plist code I shared, I use "Open", "Close" and "Halt" labels for the commands - I choose Halt instead of Stop because Roomie defaults to displaying the buttons in alphabetical order: Using 'Halt' positions the "cease and desist" button in the middle of the other two, which seems more intuitive to me. [There has been some discussion on the forum today relating to changing the order of remote buttons, so I'll see if there is a more flexible way of doing this once I've had chance to digest what was said - definitely still lots for me to learn]