Roomie Remote - Page 25 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #721 of 1454 Old 01-12-2013, 05:49 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok thanks. I am not sure a re-slected it. I will try thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 1454 Old 01-13-2013, 06:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by purbeast View Post

Ah okay gotcha, thanks.

I'll order 1 and see if that is enough initially.
I use the blaster on my iTach to control three devices with no problem. I plug another port into my Oppo and have another as yet unneeded.

Steve Goff
post #723 of 1454 Old 01-14-2013, 10:58 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Is it possible to have different backgrounds assigned to different rooms i.e. Theater and bedroom will have different themes?
post #724 of 1454 Old 01-14-2013, 09:14 PM

Ive been using Roomie for what seems like over a year now. Absolutely love it.

I just received my oppo 105 and have roomie controlling it without a problem. Having played with the oppo for a few days I would love to see integrated DMC (digital Media Controller) support built into roomie. Rather than just using the virtual remote since more and more blu-ray players have DNLA media support built in i.e they become digital media renderers (DMR) I believe roomie with integrated DMC support is the way to go.

Are there any plans for any DMC functionality ?.

In the interim does anyone know if it is possible to launch an external DMC app from a virtual remote button.

In my case I would be trying to lauch skifta from the oppo virtual keyboard.

Sorry if I'm babbling, Ive got new toy syndrome
post #725 of 1454 Old 01-15-2013, 09:47 AM

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesliew View Post

Ive been using Roomie for what seems like over a year now. Absolutely love it.

I just received my oppo 105 and have roomie controlling it without a problem. Having played with the oppo for a few days I would love to see integrated DMC (digital Media Controller) support built into roomie. Rather than just using the virtual remote since more and more blu-ray players have DNLA media support built in i.e they become digital media renderers (DMR) I believe roomie with integrated DMC support is the way to go.

Are there any plans for any DMC functionality ?.

In the interim does anyone know if it is possible to launch an external DMC app from a virtual remote button.

In my case I would be trying to lauch skifta from the oppo virtual keyboard.

Sorry if I'm babbling, Ive got new toy syndrome

I would post this request in the Roomie Forum under feature requests & see if they respond.
post #726 of 1454 Old 01-15-2013, 08:56 PM

Is anyone familiar with roomie's developer kit to write some serial code? I have a lexicon mc-8 and a lumagen processor.

Roomie has ir commands for both and both devices have their protocol listed...

Thoughts?
post #727 of 1454 Old 01-16-2013, 04:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Hi,

Can anyone relate experiences with dedicated iOS devices used only as the remote?

My house has plenty of iOS devices but I am considering a dedicated remote hopefully to solve several issues. It will always be charged and will stay on (not lock) and roomie will stay active.

I think the cheapest path would be to try to get a used iPhone 3.

-Brian
post #728 of 1454 Old 01-16-2013, 08:59 AM
LVS
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
^roomie requires iOS5 or later to run, don't believe the iPhone 3's will work. Maybe some first gen used iPads or a used iTouch that will run iOS5.
post #729 of 1454 Old 01-16-2013, 10:14 AM

Love the roomie remote just have one problem, I have the global tach with the it blaster that comes with it. It works with devices inside the cabinet ie DVD player etc however when not control my lights or tv. Is there another ir blaster that will send a stronger signal? My light switch is probably 25 ft across room sofa and chair in line of blaster and controller. Thanks so much
post #730 of 1454 Old 01-16-2013, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVS View Post

^roomie requires iOS5 or later to run, don't believe the iPhone 3's will work. Maybe some first gen used iPads or a used iTouch that will run iOS5.

Yes thanks for the heads up. I was just thinking cheap. Found out that fairly recent ipod touch can be had fairly cheap and that would work.

The more I think about it,... I don't know why I put so much energy into trying to make it so fool proof.

I can use Roomie.... I can even use my Harmony .... I just keep trying to make it easier for my family.

If they wanted to ... they could figure it out really.

=Brian
post #731 of 1454 Old 01-16-2013, 12:06 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 27
Anyone who uses the Roomie use it to control any Insteon SmartLinc dimmer lights? I'm just curious if the application on the remote has an actual slider on it or not. I see the device is compatible on their website but not sure of it's extent.
post #732 of 1454 Old 01-16-2013, 01:24 PM
LVS
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Hampton View Post

Yes thanks for the heads up. I was just thinking cheap. Found out that fairly recent ipod touch can be had fairly cheap and that would work.

The more I think about it,... I don't know why I put so much energy into trying to make it so fool proof.

I can use Roomie.... I can even use my Harmony .... I just keep trying to make it easier for my family.

If they wanted to ... they could figure it out really.

=Brian

I can vouch for user friendly and making it easier for the family. I have used both Harmony and now setup Roomie and it is much easier for the family to use Roomie by far! You couldn't get them to go back to a Harmony. Discounting the very intuitive user interface, the fact that is 100% reliable because it is no longer line-of-site eliminates the frustration.
post #733 of 1454 Old 01-17-2013, 02:53 PM

Hi, I am trying to send the light status of my z-wave devices to Roomie Remote to display them. I am able to send TCP commands to HomeSeer and turn lights on and off. I am wondering what the best way to provide feedback if the lights are on or off in Roomie. I can send the status from HomeSeer via a TCP command, but no luck in Roomie showing the status. Any thoughts?
post #734 of 1454 Old 01-17-2013, 04:11 PM

Anyone having an issue with the display not returning from dimmed mode? My iPads and iPhones all experience this issue when the home button is used to wake the device. A screen touch wake-up does not exhibit the same issue. Only the lock/power button will recover from the dimmed mode when it happens. I've posted to the Roomie thread that commented on the original defect but have not seen a resolution.
post #735 of 1454 Old 01-17-2013, 04:20 PM

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomieruler View Post

Anyone having an issue with the display not returning from dimmed mode? My iPads and iPhones all experience this issue when the home button is used to wake the device. A screen touch wake-up does not exhibit the same issue. Only the lock/power button will recover from the dimmed mode when it happens. I've posted to the Roomie thread that commented on the original defect but have not seen a resolution.
I had experienced this before, but not since version 1.7 as far as I can remember.
post #736 of 1454 Old 01-19-2013, 01:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 57
It seems the latest version of MCE Controller to control media center has changed some of the codes, specifically the cursor left, right, up, down, and OK at the minimum. Roomie says they are working to add these to a future release, but has someone with the technical know how made a .plist file with the correct new codes?

EDIT: Nevermind - Roomie support, on a Saturday, made me a .plist file with the correct new codes. Awesome support!
post #737 of 1454 Old 01-19-2013, 03:49 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Has anyone tried to program to run the philips hue lights? I just got both the lights and roomie but Im not really sure how to do the coding they say is easy. Anyone have any tips or done this themself?

http://www.roomieremote.com/forums/topic/phillips-hue/
post #738 of 1454 Old 01-19-2013, 05:06 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 27
I'm curious if anyone here has used both iRule and Roomie, and if they could give a brief comparison between the two and why they like one over the other.

I know you can create your own layouts with iRule which you can't do with Roomie, but that is about the extent of the difference I know about.

I used Roomie for about a minute at someone's house one time and I was REALLY awed by it, but it is the first type of high-end universal remote I've ever used outside of a Harmony. It was just so cool seeing him change the volume on the physical receiver and seeing it also change on the iPad. The two-way communication was neat. It was awesome how it controlled his lights too, and how the "watch movie" screen had all the controls to control the movie and receiver laid out nicely on one screen.
post #739 of 1454 Old 01-21-2013, 10:34 AM
DGF

Liked: 39
Quote:

I'm curious if anyone here has used both iRule and Roomie, and if they could give a brief comparison between the two and why they like one over the other.

I know you can create your own layouts with iRule which you can't do with Roomie, but that is about the extent of the difference I know about.

I currently use Roomie, but did give iRule a serious look, so I'm by no means an expert on either, but can offer a few thoughts - as you alluded to, I feel the primary difference is the ability to customize layouts. But what's important to understand is that the additional flexibility dictates a longer learning curve for iRule. I have a pretty diverse range of equipment in my house & home theater and was able to get operational in under a couple of hours with Roomie - I've spent large amounts of time and money on previous generations of control software (using PC-based apps like Cinemar's Lobby suite, etc.) and I was just blown away by how easy it was to get up and running in such a short amount of time.

For me it came down to the time I could spend on the project - some of the iRule screens that I've seen have been really fantastic (and their creators seem very generous in sharing and coaching others), but I made the decision that, at this time, I couldn't spare the hours needed to learn the iRule editor/designer and therefore went with Roomie. The Roomie developers do seem to be pushing towards offering higher levels of customization, but for me, the biggest plus was how quickly I was able to get a fully functional home theater + whole-house audio control system running.

Admittedly, I haven't recently done a detailed comparison, but the two apps seem to be pretty comparable with the variety of equipment models they can handle (I'd suggest taking a quick look at which devices they support 'out of the box' to see if that is relevant for you) and they both have very similar hardware requirements (iTachs, etc.). I'm unsure of the price point comparisons, but they used to be pretty similar (and as mentioned, both offer great value when compared to the old-school approaches).

When I get a bit more spare time I will definitely look at iRule again, but for where I am now, I'm loving Roomie!

Dave
post #740 of 1454 Old 01-21-2013, 11:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGF View Post

I currently use Roomie, but did give iRule a serious look, so I'm by no means an expert on either, but can offer a few thoughts - as you alluded to, I feel the primary difference is the ability to customize layouts. But what's important to understand is that the additional flexibility dictates a longer learning curve for iRule. I have a pretty diverse range of equipment in my house & home theater and was able to get operational in under a couple of hours with Roomie - I've spent large amounts of time and money on previous generations of control software (using PC-based apps like Cinemar's Lobby suite, etc.) and I was just blown away by how easy it was to get up and running in such a short amount of time.

For me it came down to the time I could spend on the project - some of the iRule screens that I've seen have been really fantastic (and their creators seem very generous in sharing and coaching others), but I made the decision that, at this time, I couldn't spare the hours needed to learn the iRule editor/designer and therefore went with Roomie. The Roomie developers do seem to be pushing towards offering higher levels of customization, but for me, the biggest plus was how quickly I was able to get a fully functional home theater + whole-house audio control system running.

Admittedly, I haven't recently done a detailed comparison, but the two apps seem to be pretty comparable with the variety of equipment models they can handle (I'd suggest taking a quick look at which devices they support 'out of the box' to see if that is relevant for you) and they both have very similar hardware requirements (iTachs, etc.). I'm unsure of the price point comparisons, but they used to be pretty similar (and as mentioned, both offer great value when compared to the old-school approaches).

When I get a bit more spare time I will definitely look at iRule again, but for where I am now, I'm loving Roomie!

Dave

I hadn't try Roomie, but had been using creating/using irule for a while. With the template, you can now "get started" faster, but I still say at least plan to spend about a few days.
From a price perspective, Roomie is cheaper especially if all your device can be controlled via IP.
Irule does not have the TV guide, but since I do not have roomie, I do not know how good it is... but it does sound like handy. On the other hand, Irule had some other modules (Onkyo/Integra, itunes, Sonus) that if you need those, they seem to work well.
If you are not a tinker and don't have a lot of devices to mess with and need your system to come up quick, Roomie seems to be a better choice.
post #741 of 1454 Old 01-23-2013, 09:11 PM

Roomie is half the price yet comes with an awesome guide, a lot more device support, and is orders of magnitude easier to setup and use. iRule finally added Sonos a few weeks ago but it's only for the music library. Roomie has Sonos Radio, Sonos Pandora, iTunes with Airplay that links up with Apple TV in one remote, etc. The latest iRule talks about adding an Onkyo "module" when Roomie supports basically every brand for all of that kind of integration rather than just Onkyo. Then there is the fact that you're going to sit there for a week with iRule just moving your buttons around and creating different templates for iPad/iPhone and whatever else you have. And you have to do it on a computer instead of just doing it on your device so just testing it is a huge pain rather than being right there. Roomie just sets it up for you and then you can customize it later if you need. Roomie is very public about all kinds of devices that it supports whereas that kind of information is basically impossible to find for iRule. You have to wonder why.

Remember also that with iRule, some of its plans are subscription-based so you pay again every year. So that's double the price but then multiply that by 2 every year.
post #742 of 1454 Old 01-23-2013, 10:31 PM
DGF

Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayworth View Post

Roomie is half the price yet comes with an awesome guide, a lot more device support, and is orders of magnitude easier to setup and use. iRule finally added Sonos a few weeks ago but it's only for the music library. Roomie has Sonos Radio, Sonos Pandora, iTunes with Airplay that links up with Apple TV in one remote, etc. The latest iRule talks about adding an Onkyo "module" when Roomie supports basically every brand for all of that kind of integration rather than just Onkyo. Then there is the fact that you're going to sit there for a week with iRule just moving your buttons around and creating different templates for iPad/iPhone and whatever else you have. And you have to do it on a computer instead of just doing it on your device so just testing it is a huge pain rather than being right there. Roomie just sets it up for you and then you can customize it later if you need. Roomie is very public about all kinds of devices that it supports whereas that kind of information is basically impossible to find for iRule. You have to wonder why.

Remember also that with iRule, some of its plans are subscription-based so you pay again every year. So that's double the price but then multiply that by 2 every year.

Good insights!
post #743 of 1454 Old 01-24-2013, 01:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayworth View Post

Roomie is definitely half cheaper, but given your comments, I take that you have not use irule before, as some of your information might be questionable:

1) Roomie had more device support --> For IP controlled device, Irule should be at least the same as in Roomie. Also, if you do the Pro license, you can share and get libraries that other users create, which is A LOT. Those are not easy to "find" though, but there are a lot out there.

2) The Onkyo module that you refer to is not the same as adding Onkyo to the control. For that, they already support it via IP or IR. The Onkyo module is basically an app to control Onkyo network music (nternet radio, home DLNA etc) and display the album arts, songs, control. Now, if Roomie can control all the internet radio/home DLNA with album arts and can do that with every brand, that's really great, but I don't see that in roomie website. It seems like they do support itune (no additional charge, so that's really good) and Sonus.

3) You are correct that it is harder to program and you need to do that in front of a computer. It is better than Harmony though as I don't have to plug in, so I usually just bring my phone with me and sync after I make changes.

4) Irule do have a list of supported device on their web. Granted that their website is like at the beginning of the web era, compared to Roomie. I constantly just go to Roomie for information (like find the port# for a particular device), and just use it for irule smile.gif

5) I don't know where you see that irule is subscription based and need to pay every 2 years. I never see that and certainly hope that's not the case. In fact, they offer i think 2 weeks free trial and you can always get a refund if you are not satisfied. This is taken from their website:

Once you're logged in to iRule Builder, you can purchase a full license at any time. iRule Basic is only $49.99, and iRule Pro is just $99.99. Purchased licenses are non-expiring and include updates and improvements. Reference the table below to see the differences between iRule Basic and Pro. If you'd like to try iRule Basic first, you can even upgrade to Pro later for just $50. You can also add any of our Modules to your iRule Basic or Pro remote, including iTunes, Sonos, Onkyo-Integra, and Automation for Leviton Z-Wave.

Another thing that I think irule does things differently compared to Roomie is the "handset" design concept. Irule support more than 1 handset design. That is not to say that you can only connect irule to onyl 1 or 2 handset. It is the "design" that you can use. For example, you can create an 2 iphone4 layout, with one for your kids/wife, and one for yourself. I don't think Roomie can do that, but they probably do not need to as their design is pretty much set and you don't need to mess or tinker around anyway. And last but not least, if you have Android, then I think your only option is Irule for now, as Roomie had no Android version yet (although irule on Android is NOT on par with their idevice...)

I know this is a Roomie forum, and I am not trying to "sell" irule here, but just want to get some of the facts straight so folks can compare straight.
now, back to my irule programming eek.gif
post #744 of 1454 Old 01-24-2013, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applemike68 View Post

Hi all, I've read through most of the roomie thread but either it wasn't asked or I missed it but I'm unable to turn in my new panasonic 2012 gt50 using wake up LAN . I have it set to on in the TV, I've copied the MAC address into the rommie app but it will not work. The TV is connected to the Internet via wireless. Any help would be appreciated

I'm having the exact same problem with my VT50. So far, no luck. Any suggestions welcome.....
post #745 of 1454 Old 01-24-2013, 01:14 PM

Roomie has had streaming feedback and control with album art in most receiver brands for ages, since at least June IIRC. Many brands are on the list, and yes they are listed on the website. So yes that is what I'm talking about. It's weird to me that after all these years finally iRule does something and then it's just Onkyo. Roomie does all that with Pioneer, Yamaha, Onkyo, Denon, Marantz, etc. And it's not a "module" you pay extra for, it's just there. In reviewing what they've done to pricing (since admittedly I abandoned iRule ages ago), I was shocked to find they're actually charging for those modules. So in Roomie iTunes control is included with the base $10 app. iRule charges $25 on top of the $100.

Programming it on your computer does indeed remind me of the old Harmony (RIP) days. Like having to bring your remote and your RF adapter and spend 20 minutes just uploading to it when you're done only to find that it then still doesn't work. It was a bad design then, it's a bad design now. Programming on the device is perhaps the coolest thing about Roomie. Nothing else to maintain. And then on top of that iRule charges extra for each handset design. Of course Roomie can have different designs per person, you can make unlimited designs, make one for your cat and one for your dog, and there is no fee for it.
post #746 of 1454 Old 01-24-2013, 02:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:

I used Roomie for about a minute at someone's house one time and I was REALLY awed by it, but it is the first type of high-end universal remote I've ever used outside of a Harmony. It was just so cool seeing him change the volume on the physical receiver and seeing it also change on the iPad. The two-way communication was neat. It was awesome how it controlled his lights too, and how the "watch movie" screen had all the controls to control the movie and receiver laid out nicely on one screen.

I've been a very satisfied Roomie user for several months. I'm using it in multiple rooms and multiple configurations in each room (8-12 activities) and I'm also using it at another location. It does everything I've asked it to do.

After I started using Roomie, I wanted the option of making larger buttons and possibly having detailed placement control of the buttons, etc. I got the demo of iRule. The promise of programming and detailed layout is very alluring. I've done graphic design for years and I've done web programming since the 90s. After about an hour with iRule, I decided to abandon it and these are some of the reasons why:

1. I didn't like needing to log in with a Google account for the software. Don't know why, but it just rubbed me the wrong way; but I decided OK, let's move on.
  2. I immediately found the prospect of the customization potential before me and soon it frustrated me. Everything I'd previously seen with Harmony remotes and the Roomie didn't make sense with the iRule. I didn't like the UI or layout of the application at all. I found it to be cumbersome and unintuitive.
  3. I found doing simple things took lots of time and work to get it there. After about an hour, I sat back, looked at my iPhone and what I had done with my Roomie and said, in the same amount of time as it took me to do four buttons and an incomplete layout, I had done four ROOMS with complete activities in the Roomie. At that point, I said to myself that I just didn't need the detailed customization that bad and I just don't have that kind of time to spend.

I can see that for very customized situations where the branding of the remote UI is important that there is appeal for iRule; however, the time and effort it took to use iRule vs. Roomie was night and day. So that's why I chose to stick with Roomie.... and I've never been happier at this point.

post #747 of 1454 Old 01-24-2013, 03:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Yeah.. the irulebuilder UI is quite bad... 1 hr is really not enough to even understand how to do those simple thing...
One question I had for Roomie is how easy it is to add/remove button and command? I had a couple of Macros and custom commands, and does it support "drawers"?

At some point, I might switch to Roomie as I really like their TV Guide integration, and as pointed out above, if all those album arts/internet radio are supported by default, that's a big plus. I am also not feeling happy about paying $15 extra (and that's PER device)... So for Onkyo, I just paid $5 and go to Oremote.
post #748 of 1454 Old 01-24-2013, 04:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 31
OK as a potential iRule defector I have a lot of questions. I'm relatively happy with my set up but haven't sprung for the iRule Pro upgrade. I'm looking at the feedback options and honestly it is something I'm not sure I want to tackle with iRule. So here come the flood of newbie questions.

1. With the Oppo blu-ray players am I correct in assuming feedback is only with RS232 at this point?
  2. I have a non IP enabled Pre/Pro an Anthem D2 does the RS232 support feedback? It doesn't appear to looking at the serial page.
  3. Regarding the Lumagen Radiance not only do I not see RS232 support I don't see it on the IR list either. eek.gif That would be a showstopper.
  4. Is there a way to enter IR or serial commands if they are not in the library?
  5. Any chance we will see Squeezebox IP support? I know it's discontinued but there are a lot of them out there.
  6. Since the wife has her own Apple account would she have to buy the App and add-ins all over for her phone and iPad?
  7. Along the same lines is it possible to transfer configurations to like devices? Or would each phone/iPad have to be programed separately?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

ETA: OK scratch #4 I see in the FAQ it is possible although a bit convoluted.
post #749 of 1454 Old 01-25-2013, 02:18 AM

Hi all, getting ready to order Roomie for my system and just trying to get a handle on a few issue. Apologies if these have been covered in previous pages.

I am planning on ordering the L5, will I need any of the adapters to control my cable boxes if so which?

Will using Niles repeaters create any issues/problems?

Where do i find pricing on the Home Theater Pack and Infrared Control Pack? I didn’t see either in the app store.

Will I need the Infrared Control Pack with the L5?

Is the L5 necessary for IR control?

Are adapters necessary for any IP devices?

Thanks in advance guys.

For Sale:

Salamander Synergy Triple 20 walnut/black aluminum. Like new.
B&W HTM62 Wenge
Rotel RSX-1057

Local only. Photo's up in gallery, PM for additional info.
post #750 of 1454 Old 01-25-2013, 07:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 74
To answer your questions:
  1. I believe you are correct on any Oppo prior to the 103 or 105.
  2. I'm running an Anthem as well but I use IR and it's been absolutely bullet proof for me. Email Anthem support for that kind of question or confirmation. They are fantastic.
  3. If you don't see your device somewhere, shoot an email to Roomie support or use the iTach to learn the commands. I've quickly and easily learned commands for a previously unsupported HDMI switcher. I sent the command set to roomie and they are adding it to the database.
  4. You got your "yes" answer I see. It's very simple to do if you use the iTach. Point the old remote and learn the IR command and you're done. Very simple and straight forward.
  5. Ask Roomie Support and post that question in their forum. This is the wrong place for that question.
  6. More complicated question. You can go on her phone and log her out and log in with your account. Then download roomie and then re-login with your wife's account. You'll then have Roomie on both phones. Remember you can only authorize up to FIVE devices with a single account.
  7. Transferring configs is a snap. Drop box synchronization is the easiest. I'm synchronizing three iOS devices with Roomie configs that I'm constantly tweaking. You can also sync via iTunes, iCloud or email the configs. DropBox is by far the simplest.

Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by obie_fl View Post

OK as a potential iRule defector I have a lot of questions. I'm relatively happy with my set up but haven't sprung for the iRule Pro upgrade. I'm looking at the feedback options and honestly it is something I'm not sure I want to tackle with iRule. So here come the flood of newbie questions.

1. With the Oppo blu-ray players am I correct in assuming feedback is only with RS232 at this point?
  2. I have a non IP enabled Pre/Pro an Anthem D2 does the RS232 support feedback? It doesn't appear to looking at the serial page.
  3. Regarding the Lumagen Radiance not only do I not see RS232 support I don't see it on the IR list either. eek.gif That would be a showstopper.
  4. Is there a way to enter IR or serial commands if they are not in the library?
  5. Any chance we will see Squeezebox IP support? I know it's discontinued but there are a lot of them out there.
  6. Since the wife has her own Apple account would she have to buy the App and add-ins all over for her phone and iPad?
  7. Along the same lines is it possible to transfer configurations to like devices? Or would each phone/iPad have to be programed separately?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

ETA: OK scratch #4 I see in the FAQ it is possible although a bit convoluted.

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Yamaha Rx V2065 Receiver , Tivo , Pioneer Vsx 1021 K 7 1 Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr 1912 Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page