post #901 of 1557 Old 03-20-2013, 06:57 PM
DGF

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthefloyd View Post

Is there a post/thread somewhere that explains the basic setup for someone thats completely clueless?

I'm not aware of a simple description/overview of an implementation that really goes back to basics. The answers to most things are buried somewhere in this thread, but it's 900+ posts long, so it's a bit of a challenge, especially when you don't know what you don't know!

What specifically are you struggling with? Is it that you can't visualize how all the pieces get put together or you don't know what pieces you need? Or what it's like to own and use this type of setup? If you can articulate the rough area(s) you're trying to come to grips with, someone here can probably take a stab at helping to bring things into focus for you.

Once you "get it" you'll wonder why you ever got hung up!

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 1557 Old 03-20-2013, 07:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi there - I'm trying to get Roomie integrated with HomeSeer. I've developed a simple ASP for HomeSeer, and it works fine from a browser, turns lights on/off, and returns ON or OFF to a status request.

I've got Roomie able to turn a light on and off, but I can't get it to return a status.

Here's my plist extract:
Code:
     <dict>
                <key>brand</key>
                <string>HomeSeer</string>
                <key>cat</key>
                <string>LightControl</string>
                <key>codes</key>
                <dict>
                        <key>.LIGHT DIM</key><string>/executeHSon.asp?name=##&amp;action=DIM&amp;dimlevel=$$</string>
                        <key>.LIGHT FORMAT</key><string>504</string>
                        <key>.LIGHT OFF</key><string>/executeHSon.asp?name=##&amp;action=off</string>
                        <key>.LIGHT ON</key><string>/executeHSon.asp?name=##&amp;action=on</string>
                        <key>.LIGHT STATUS</key><string>/executeHSon.asp?name=##&amp;action=status</string>
                </dict>
                <key>method</key>
                <string>http</string>
                <key>type</key>
                <integer>12</integer>
        </dict>
The only option I get for feedback is brightness, and even when I pick it I don't get anything in the display box in Roomie.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any help!

TiVo is on it's way out - stream everything!
post #903 of 1557 Old 03-20-2013, 08:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthefloyd View Post

Is there a post/thread somewhere that explains the basic setup for someone thats completely clueless?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKbQPuLQ3KI
post #904 of 1557 Old 03-20-2013, 08:38 PM
DGF

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrang View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKbQPuLQ3KI

A good place to start, but you still need to have a frame of reference from which to interpret what you're seeing - if you're struggling to construct a context, it's probably all meaningless. {Don't ask me how I know... smile.gif]
post #905 of 1557 Old 03-23-2013, 12:40 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Thanks for the helpful replies to my post 897, gents.

Clearly, there's a significant learning curve, at least for me. I think I'll start with the Oppo and SP3, so my wife can at least play discs, and then add the other components.

Are any of you using remote systems other than the Roomie that have worked well for you?

Best fishes,

RJ

Eschew obfuscation.
post #906 of 1557 Old 03-27-2013, 08:37 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrk874 View Post

Sounds like a problem with the wake on LAN.

Indeed, once enabled my VT50 turns on just fine, should be "on" by default one would think, but CS was fast in writing me back.
post #907 of 1557 Old 03-27-2013, 08:49 AM

OK, now I have my Panasonic VT50 TV hard wired (MoCA Ethernet) and I still can't get Roomie to turn it ON. I have +Wake on LAN enabled. Any suggestions other than dumping Roomie?
post #908 of 1557 Old 03-27-2013, 07:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Have you tried to real Ethernet to rule out the MoCA stuff? There is no reason to believe that MoCA would work for that. Wake on LAN is very low level network stuff (link layer) and MoCA encapsulation seems very likely to disrupt it. But anyway this is not the place to get support for that either. If real Ethernet doesn't work then that's when you should ask support.
post #909 of 1557 Old 03-27-2013, 11:05 PM

Don't know what happened or what I did but Panny VT50 now turns ON & OFF using Roomie. Guess the MoCA Ethernet worked after all. I am still having problems with other commands, especially my Marantz SR7007 Listening Modes. Sometimes Roomie will execute them correctly and sometimes it won't. I assume when Roomie shows a command executing and the command is Red not Blue it means the command is not working?
post #910 of 1557 Old 03-28-2013, 04:41 AM

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacbec View Post

Don't know what happened or what I did but Panny VT50 now turns ON & OFF using Roomie. Guess the MoCA Ethernet worked after all. I am still having problems with other commands, especially my Marantz SR7007 Listening Modes. Sometimes Roomie will execute them correctly and sometimes it won't. I assume when Roomie shows a command executing and the command is Red not Blue it means the command is not working?

That is correct.
post #911 of 1557 Old 03-31-2013, 11:14 AM

Is anyone here using the Global Cache GC-100 series adapters with Roomie? If so please comment about your likes, dislikes & if possible comparisons to the iTach series. I am currently using the iTach IR & Serial adapters & am thinking of getting a GC-100-12.

Thank you
post #912 of 1557 Old 03-31-2013, 03:12 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano18 View Post

Is anyone here using the Global Cache GC-100 series adapters with Roomie? If so please comment about your likes, dislikes & if possible comparisons to the iTach series. I am currently using the iTach IR & Serial adapters & am thinking of getting a GC-100-12.

Thank you

I moved from a GC-100-12 to an iTach. The only downsides are multiple devices can't access a GC-100 at once and it doesn't have a built in IR receiver for learning commands from other remotes. The latter issue and changing my setup is what made me switch. Other than that, the contact closures and serial were nice to have in one package. The iTach is much smaller physically, you can hide it easily if needed as well. Oh and another downside with the GC-100 is upgrading it's firmware. You have to send it back to Global Cache (costing you ~$35 iirc), while the iTach can be updated at home. After speaking with Global Cache support I got the general impression that they want to shift users over to the iTach product line.
post #913 of 1557 Old 04-02-2013, 10:46 AM

Long time Roomie user here... I use it on an iTouch. I recently built and installed a nice HTPC and I'm running XBMC on it. I'm using the "Official" XBMC app to control XBMC, and it works GREAT.

My question is, I'd like to find the best way to control my HTPC via my iTouch. Specifically the volume on the HTPC... and a few other things (but the volume would be great!).

Any ideas? How do you folks control your HTPC? I already have a K400 but when we're outside, the keyboard just doesn't cut it.

Thoughts?
post #914 of 1557 Old 04-03-2013, 06:19 AM

XBMC is supported in version 1.8
post #915 of 1557 Old 04-03-2013, 01:40 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Does anyone here control any LED RGB strip/rope lights with roomie?
post #916 of 1557 Old 04-03-2013, 05:37 PM

I am setting my Panasonic BDT230 Blu-ray Player IP manually. How do I determine which Port it is on?
post #917 of 1557 Old 04-03-2013, 05:51 PM

Quote:

I am setting my Panasonic BDT230 Blu-ray Player IP manually. How do I determine which Port it is on?
Try using port 80 & report back if it works. It is the port for 2011, 2012 players & 2013 (unconfirmed).
post #918 of 1557 Old 04-04-2013, 05:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 334 Post(s)
Liked: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINSnCANES View Post

Does anyone here control any LED RGB strip/rope lights with roomie?

I am interested in this also, but the cheapest route for multiple units with the selection on eBay won't work because the remotes and led rob controller will be the same so Roomie could only send the one command and it would change them all.

PSN: Cravit8
XBL: oOo_Crav_oOo
post #919 of 1557 Old 04-06-2013, 09:04 PM

Does anyone have Roomie working with the Lumagen Mini-3D through IR? I tried the "All Models" listed in the library, but that would not turn the Lumagen on or off. I used CCF Exporter on the CCF that Lumagen provides and created my own custom device. That did not work either. As I am using the IRTach, I was able to learn the commands and that works, but Roomie only had a handful of the Lumagen buttons and was hoping for a quicker solution than a completely custom remote. Also, a friend of mine has the same Lumagen and was thinking of using Roomie, be nice if I could share the RoomieCodes.plist with him if it became necessary.
post #920 of 1557 Old 04-07-2013, 08:49 AM

It works – partly. It won't turn ON with Roomie. Some of the other features may not be working properly either. Still skeptical about Roomie's overall utility. It still crashes alot.
post #921 of 1557 Old 04-07-2013, 09:48 AM

I'm debating upgrading from a Harmony Link to the Roomie Remote. The Link was a decent solution, but support was terrible at best and it's never been upgraded for iPhone 5 screen size. I just want something that doesn't feel like the developer abandoned it.

None of my components are IP-controlled. My equipment is:
Denon AVR-2309CI
Sony KDL-52W4100
Apple TV (2nd gen)
Insight Cable (soon to be Time Warner Cable) cable box, which is a Pace RNG-150N

Will Roomie control all of those things? I checked their lists but couldn't find a definite on the cable box. Someone a few pages back mentioned no support for their Comcast PNG box, so I'm worried. If so, can Roomie be set up for Favorite Channels? While the iPad version of the Link app never was upgraded for it, it was one of my favorite features on the iPhone version. Also, I have a PS2, PS3, and Wii connected to my set up; even though they aren't controlled by infrared, will Roomie still allow me to set an activity that will switch my receiver over to their proper inputs?

It's obviously not a very cheap option, so I wanted to get the collective opinion on if this would be worth it for me.

Thanks!
post #922 of 1557 Old 04-07-2013, 10:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam a View Post

I'm debating upgrading from a Harmony Link to the Roomie Remote. The Link was a decent solution, but support was terrible at best and it's never been upgraded for iPhone 5 screen size. I just want something that doesn't feel like the developer abandoned it.

None of my components are IP-controlled. My equipment is:
Denon AVR-2309CI
Sony KDL-52W4100
Apple TV (2nd gen)
Insight Cable (soon to be Time Warner Cable) cable box, which is a Pace RNG-150N

Will Roomie control all of those things? I checked their lists but couldn't find a definite on the cable box. Someone a few pages back mentioned no support for their Comcast PNG box, so I'm worried. If so, can Roomie be set up for Favorite Channels? While the iPad version of the Link app never was upgraded for it, it was one of my favorite features on the iPhone version. Also, I have a PS2, PS3, and Wii connected to my set up; even though they aren't controlled by infrared, will Roomie still allow me to set an activity that will switch my receiver over to their proper inputs?

It's obviously not a very cheap option, so I wanted to get the collective opinion on if this would be worth it for me.

Thanks!
I went from the link to roomie and never looked back.
With the itach network to ir adaptor you can control anything and even learn from remotes if needed.
As for favorites, you can make a pop up page just for any keys you want like fav channels. I made a HELP page that had only power buttons for each device incase something goes out of sequence.
This page is made where activities are made but it is not an activity..so no macro commands sent when going to that page.

Anyway you will love it and you still can use remote if your internet goes down like harmony link if you have to sign back in to it if internet was down

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
post #923 of 1557 Old 04-08-2013, 04:20 PM

Jacbec, were you successful? I have a BDT230 and have not been successful in getting it to communicate with Roomie using either wifi or ethernet connections to the BDT230 using port 80 (haven't tried any others). Another strange thing is that the BDT230 did not "see" two of my 4 iDevices until I pinged it using an iPhone ping utility (the one just named "Ping"). After I pinged it with each device, they showed up on the MAC address list. I haven't checked the Rommie forums in the last few days but there was no discussion then of the problem. I will check again and post there if nothing is found. I suspect, however, Roomie isn't compatible with the 2013 BDT series yet. Hopefully they will be able to fix that. The fact that Roomie was not able to auto discover the BDT-230 is worrisome though.
Quote:

post #924 of 1557 Old 04-09-2013, 01:13 AM

I just posted a question on the Roomie Remote forum about BDT-230 IP not working with Rommie and got this response (5 min later!) from the Rommie moderator:

"The 230 is still listed as Unconfirmed. We have 1 other report that there is some issue with that model. These are not widely available yet so we don’t have a test unit but we expect to have it in the next couple of days. When we do, we’ll figure out what’s going on there.

Do you have a reference for Panasonic dropping their app? We assume they just have been slow to update it.

Thank you."

Here is my post:
I have a BDT230 and have not been successful in getting it to communicate with Roomie using either wifi or ethernet connections to the BDT230 using port 80 (haven’t tried any others). It was not autodiscovered so I set it up with a manual IP.

I have FIOS router in bridge mode connected to an Apple Airport Extreme. I have been able to ping the BDT230 from my iPhone so I know the network connection is working and the iPhone MAC address shows up on the enabled devices list. But when I go to add the 230 as a device, the Test Remote fails.

Another strange thing (nothing to do with Roomie) is that the BDT230 did not “see” two of my 4 iDevices until I pinged it using an iPhone ping utility (the one just named “Ping”). After I pinged it with each device, they showed up on the MAC address list.

Is it possible that this has something to do with the fact that Panasonic dropped support for iPhone control for both the BDT230 and 330?

Any help will be much appreciated as one of the main reasons I selected the 230 was that Panasonic appeared to have the most complete IP support.

I then followed up their question with:

"As far as them dropping the app that’s not the case for the 2011 and 2012 versions, it’s that the 230 and 330 may not support the function.

In the comparison table on the Amazon page:

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMP-BDT230-Wi-Fi-Blu-Ray-Player/dp/B00AYB3OMG
it shows that “Smartphone Remote Control Capability” is not supported by the 330 or the 230. This is where I saw it first.

However, searching just now, in the spec table here it shows it is:
http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/DMP-BDT230?t=specs

So, I guess we’ll just have to wait and see if they come out with a 2013 version of the app as the 2012 one doesn’t work (it can’t find the 230)."
post #925 of 1557 Old 04-12-2013, 07:34 AM

Running latest version of itunes and roomie remote

When I tap music from the roomie remote instead displaying a list to choose artist, albums, etc. it just plays the first tune in my library. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

RiverBend
post #926 of 1557 Old 04-12-2013, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBend View Post

Running latest version of itunes and roomie remote

When I tap music from the roomie remote instead displaying a list to choose artist, albums, etc. it just plays the first tune in my library. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

I have not encountered that with my library. But the newest version finally recognized my Oppo 103 via auto discovery.
post #927 of 1557 Old 04-14-2013, 01:20 PM
Advanced Member

I've been playing around w the new update and the hue bulbs. Works great for theater applications
post #928 of 1557 Old 04-15-2013, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano18 View Post

I have not encountered that with my library. But the newest version finally recognized my Oppo 103 via auto discovery.

So when you tap music from roomie what do you see?

Thanks

RiverBend
post #929 of 1557 Old 04-15-2013, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBend View Post

So when you tap music from roomie what do you see?

Thanks

I have seperate activities for my AppleTV 3rd Gen & for my AirPort Express. They both have my iTunes library integrated into them. When I'm in the AirPort activity I can choose airplay, shuffle, repeat & playlists (only AirPlay is available in the AppleTV activity). I can also access albums, artists, songs, etc from the HD Guide Pack. It will not play until I send the command but it will enter the activity with the last song I was on. I created my AirPlay (AirPort Express) activity by adding my iTunes library as a device. I added iTunes library support through my AppleTV activity.
post #930 of 1557 Old 04-15-2013, 05:56 PM
Advanced Member

anyone using Roomie with Cineslide? The cineslide has multiple ways it can be controlled but I only see it listed under IR on roomie. I was wondering if it works automatically with RS232 or one of the other ways?

same question for Runco projectors. It just lists them as IR. Anyone try it with RS232 or are you using IR?
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Yamaha Rx V2065 Receiver , Tivo , Pioneer Vsx 1021 K 7 1 Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr 1912 Receiver
Gear in this thread - V2065 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page