Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Markus View Post
Thanks, Will, for your feedback!

Unfortunately it's also not working for me either

Attached please find a screenshot of my iPad 3 screen. It's the activity "Watch BD" that uses a AVR from Marantz and BD-player from Pioneer. Both devices are IP-controllable.

Besides I am wondering how I can get rid of the element that I marked with the red box. I don't know where it is coming from and it also doesn't display anything

Thanks and best regards from sunny Germany,
Markus
The element in the red box appeared for me after the the latest Roomie update. I have not been able to get rid of it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1472 of 1487 Old 07-21-2014, 07:31 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thanks, dharel. Then it's not simply me being too stupid to get rid of the element

Cheers,
Markus
post #1473 of 1487 Old 08-15-2014, 06:58 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
URL schemes in Roomie

Hello All
Has anybody found the url scheme to launch the oppo media control app for IOS? Although I've been a Roomie user for some time, this is a function I just found. For those unfamiliar with this function, it allows you to create a button which then can launch IOS apps directly from RR. For example, I have a button programmed to start my apple TV, switch to the proper hdmi port on my TV (Sharp Elite) and then another button launches the apple “remote” app, which then allows me to control the Apple TV over IP.
Currently my “Play BluRay” button switches my input correctly to play my BDP 103-D, but then I must leave the RR app in order to launch the Oppo app. Not really a huge issue, but I’d like to try and control it similarly to my apple tv setup.
I have searched extensively, but have not been able to find the url scheme for the oppo media control app anywhere.
thanks in advance for any info/pointers.
post #1474 of 1487 Old 08-16-2014, 01:32 PM

Liked: 11
I thought RR was able to control Oppo 103 models directly. Why would you need to switch out to the Oppo app - unsupported functions on Roomie etc?
post #1475 of 1487 Old 08-16-2014, 01:45 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
pioneer vsx 823 control

Hi! All,
I need some help with the Pioneer VSX 823.The direction pad does not respond either in the IP or IR modes from RR.I can control it with the Pioneer app as well via its own remote implying there is nothing wrong with the pioneer.Could not get much help from support.Was hoping somebody here has some ideas.
Thanks
post #1476 of 1487 Old 08-23-2014, 07:38 PM
Advanced Member

Gefen RS-232 conrol

I am trying to control a Gefen HDMI switcher with Roomie and I am not sure how
to format the .plist commands. The RS-232 commands are simple, 1 for Output 1
input 1, 2 for Output 1 input 2 and so on. I can control the switcher with my
laptop by simply typing the command in the hyper terminal and it works fine.
This is the model:

http://www.gefen.com/kvm/dproduct.jsp?prod_id=4559

This is the manual:
http://www.gefen.com/pdf/EXT-HDMI-CAT5-444.pdf

Thanks
post #1477 of 1487 Old 08-27-2014, 02:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Can you post your plist file to the list here? Have you also posted it to the roomie forums for feedback? The formatting is likely the cause and it's easy to miss something
post #1478 of 1487 Old 09-01-2014, 02:27 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Lightbulb Roomie Remote 3.0

Please, review the new 3.0 upgrade pricing preview for Roomie Remote at:
http://www.roomieremote.com/forums/t...ew/#post-15506

There are some significant changes and the Roomie people are pre-announcing them. This should avoid some of the confusion and possibly fix issues before they become problems. The staff have been great, helping me to understand and change some things that are going to happen to Roomie Remote. One important thing for me is that because I have already purchased the Home Theater Pack with unlimited devices, I should not see, nor will I have to purchase the 10 Device Pack.
post #1479 of 1487 Old 09-01-2014, 03:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by idoug View Post
Please, review the new 3.0 upgrade pricing preview for Roomie Remote at:
http://www.roomieremote.com/forums/t...ew/#post-15506

There are some significant changes and the Roomie people are pre-announcing them. This should avoid some of the confusion and possibly fix issues before they become problems. The staff have been great, helping me to understand and change some things that are going to happen to Roomie Remote. One important thing for me is that because I have already purchased the Home Theater Pack with unlimited devices, I should not see, nor will I have to purchase the 10 Device Pack.
I love Roomie and haven't used anything else for a long time now. However, When They tweak the payment of stuff like this is makes me think I should start shopping for something else. I understand no one should work for free and the people working for roomie needs wads of cash and all that... but when I bought it it cost 30x what most apps cost and I know soon it's going to start asking me to subscribe to something which I will not do ever.
post #1480 of 1487 Old 09-01-2014, 03:55 PM

Roomie Remote 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Hampton View Post
I love Roomie and haven't used anything else for a long time now. However, When They tweak the payment of stuff like this is makes me think I should start shopping for something else. I understand no one should work for free and the people working for roomie needs wads of cash and all that... but when I bought it it cost 30x what most apps cost and I know soon it's going to start asking me to subscribe to something which I will not do ever.
I understand your concerns and I would normally agree with you. However, Roomie Remote is not a regular app. Considering that I am using stuff like the ever changing guides. I can add new equipment and most of it is already listed. These things do not just happen. If the business went under today, Roomie Remote would fail in less than 2 weeks. Because the guide would stop working.

IMHO:
Bugs should be fixed for free. New features are should be purchased. Ongoing changes should be billed as a subscription. Because if the company fails it should be done because it is a bad company. Not because of bad cash flow. That hurts everyone.

If you are like me, you and everyone in your household uses Roomie Remote everyday. I don't have any other app on my iOS devices or computers that is used like Roomie Remote. If Roomie Remote dies I have lost my entertainment system. Having tried professional installed Universal Remotes, Harmony remotes and a couple of other systems, I am very happy to pay the subscription fee to Roomie Remote. I am sorry to tell you that as of last year they did add "Roomie Service Subscription" as an in-app-purchase.

A lot of people seem to be having issues with Apple's way of doing business, i.e. There are no try-before-you-buy options and refunds are almost impossible. I am not a fan either, but the alternative is not much different. In Roomie's case you pay $10 to try before you buy. (Personally, I think this should be free.) Then you buy all the in-app-stuff to get everything to work right. (Personally, I think this should be simplified, but then you may end up buying something you don't need.)

Be sure and tell the Roomie Remote people how you feel. I have and they do listen. They may not agree, but they are willing to try different things.
post #1481 of 1487 Old 09-01-2014, 05:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 68
They know how I feel.. I've been using Roomie for a long time.

I had bought the HDGuide long before the subscription model and I can still use the HDGuide even though I've never subscribed to Roomie Service.
post #1482 of 1487 Old 09-01-2014, 07:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by idoug View Post
Be sure and tell the Roomie Remote people...
Given the way "they" respond, it's not worth the drama to put up with the on-going pricing adventures.
post #1483 of 1487 Old 09-01-2014, 08:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Are they going to starting charging for number of device now? Right now, I have access to an unlimited devices...they way that post reads, I feel they will be asking for more money again???

Their rating will tank again in the App Store if they try to retroactively change existing users for functionality they paid for, and there will be complaints to Apple. I hope they remember the fiasco last time they tried this approach of backcharging their customers.

post #1484 of 1487 Old 09-01-2014, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrang View Post
Are they going to starting charging for number of device now? Right now, I have access to an unlimited devices...they way that post reads, ...

I am of the understanding this is for new purchasers. Not those that purchased unlimited devices.
post #1485 of 1487 Old 09-09-2014, 07:45 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
What is the best method to control picture modes (day, night mode) on a Panasonic VT50? For example, I want to create a one-click remote button or an activity that automatically changes to ISF Night or ISF Day. Are there direct VT50 commands that i can send?

Pioneer KRP-500m
Panasonic 65VT50
M&K LCR-750s Fronts and Center
M&K M-4T Surrounds
X-Rite i1pro
post #1486 of 1487 Old 09-17-2014, 07:58 PM
JJ7

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Roomie is a bargain compared to the alternatives, so I have no problem paying for the yearly subscription. I appreciate the frequent updates, new devices and features, etc. If one just looks at total cost of ownership compared to the alternatives, it is still a bargain.

In terms of the device limit with 3.0, they mention in the release notes that there is a way for a room to reference a device in another room, so as to avoid large device counts. Can anyone explain how to do this? I'm running 4 rooms now, and there are several shared components– e.g. Sonos Connect (analog out to one room, optical to the other) and Blu-Ray player (dual HDMI outputs). So I'd certainly be interested in taking advantage of this feature to keep the overall device count down, therefore reducing the costs.
post #1487 of 1487 Old 09-18-2014, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ7 View Post
Roomie is a bargain compared to the alternatives, so I have no problem paying for the yearly subscription. I appreciate the frequent updates, new devices and features, etc. If one just looks at total cost of ownership compared to the alternatives, it is still a bargain.

In terms of the device limit with 3.0, they mention in the release notes that there is a way for a room to reference a device in another room, so as to avoid large device counts. Can anyone explain how to do this? I'm running 4 rooms now, and there are several shared components– e.g. Sonos Connect (analog out to one room, optical to the other) and Blu-Ray player (dual HDMI outputs). So I'd certainly be interested in taking advantage of this feature to keep the overall device count down, therefore reducing the costs.

When creating or editing an Activity in a room, select a device from another room. This is one solution. The Roomie folks said they may no count duplicate devices in the device count as another solution. If you already have unlimited devices then you should be fine, too. The new 10 device option is supposed to be for new customers.
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Yamaha Rx V2065 Receiver , Tivo , Pioneer Vsx 1021 K 7 1 Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr 1912 Receiver
Gear in this thread - V2065 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page