Roomie Remote - Page 55 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #1621 of 1632 Old 02-26-2015, 09:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm getting roomie configured for my father and haven't been able to get 'wake on lan' to work with a Macmini. I've typed in the MAC address and even set the mac to a manual IP but still no luck. What step am I missing? thanks,

Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1622 of 1632 Old 02-27-2015, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
For those have a FireTV, can you launch specific apps using Roomie, similar to what you can do on the Roku?
post #1623 of 1632 Old 02-27-2015, 04:10 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danonano View Post
I'm getting roomie configured for my father and haven't been able to get 'wake on lan' to work with a Macmini. I've typed in the MAC address and even set the mac to a manual IP but still no luck. What step am I missing? thanks,

Dan
The FAQ for wake on LAN components on the Roomie support page makes it seem like all you need is the MAC address.

http://www.roomieremote.com/support/

Does the 'wake for network access' option in system preferences/energy saver also need to be enabled on the Mini?
post #1624 of 1632 Old 03-01-2015, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootowls View Post
The FAQ for wake on LAN components on the Roomie support page makes it seem like all you need is the MAC address.

http://www.roomieremote.com/support/

Does the 'wake for network access' option in system preferences/energy saver also need to be enabled on the Mini?
Ya I tried entering the MAC address and selecting 'wake for network access' but it didn't help. I did find a work around by scheduling the Macmini to start up every morning with an automatic login, never go to sleep, and then shutdown in the late evening. You can set this up under energy saver and then schedules, and the automatic login under user options in 'users and group.'

I've got everything set up great, except that Roomie refuses to completely pair with the Dish Hopper. I can type in the pairing code, and the roomie buttons will then work, but the pairing doesn't complete as after a few minutes it will ask me a code again. (on the tv the pairing que window doesn't go away unless I hit cancel.) Ironically, the RoomieSolo does pair correctly with the Hopper.

Has anyone paired successfully with the Dish Hopper?

thanks,
Dan
post #1625 of 1632 Old 03-02-2015, 05:44 AM

Has anyone here done much experimenting with controlling Philips Hue lights from within Roomie? I've managed to get some basic functionality running (intermittently, at least), but I've only scratched the surface. In the absence of thorough documentation for the app's Hue configuration, the learning curve is proving to be pretty steep.

I'm mostly trying to set up lighting controls within existing activities like Plex, TiVo, Roku, Blu-Ray, etc. Basic things like turning scenes on and off in conjunction with play/pause commands, turning equipment on/off, etc. What I've accomplished so far is little more than a kludge, so I'm hoping somebody has figured out a nice, elegant approach.

Help???
post #1626 of 1632 Old 03-02-2015, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcoble33 View Post
Has anyone here done much experimenting with controlling Philips Hue lights from within Roomie?
I think you may be able to set up a separate activity in the 'popup activity' or 'toggle mode' to suit your purposes. Both options are available towards the bottom of the edit activity page. I set up a toggle mode activity for my hue lights, so that when I select the activity it turns on the lights in the appropriate color and brightness, and when i deselect it they turn off. I did have to go in and put individual commands for each light, so there might be an easier way using the .group command. Strangely enough it seems to work better than the native hue app once it's all set up. Maybe that's because it sends each command individually.

You do have a good idea with timing lights with play buttons etc, so I may try that too.

This page has more info in regards to hue, temperature, brightness etc. http://www.developers.meethue.com/do.../core-concepts

Last edited by Danonano; 03-02-2015 at 08:08 AM.
post #1627 of 1632 Old 03-02-2015, 08:34 AM

Interesting approach. I haven't played too much with popup activities or toggle modes, but I can see how that could be a good approach for setting 'baseline' lighting when I fire up an activity. So far I've just been assigning basic "scene on"/"scene off" commands to the same buttons that control play/pause, but I've had limited success with that. I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually...

Thanks for the feedback!
post #1628 of 1632 Old 03-12-2015, 07:27 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 16
has anyone used the roomie agent 2.1 on the mac?

If so what is your experience with it? Also how many mac's can you put it on? Thanks
post #1629 of 1632 Old 03-13-2015, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadcj7 View Post

If so what is your experience with it? Also how many mac's can you put it on? Thanks
i am only using it as a system time clock - to trigger events etc. I don't use any of the more advanced features so can't comment on those. As a time clock it works well.
I spoke with customer support and you can use Agent on as many macs as you like. It is tied to your email address - not the machine.
post #1630 of 1632 Old 03-13-2015, 08:55 AM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgmobile View Post
i am only using it as a system time clock - to trigger events etc. I don't use any of the more advanced features so can't comment on those. As a time clock it works well.
I spoke with customer support and you can use Agent on as many macs as you like. It is tied to your email address - not the machine.
Thanks for the information. How are you using it exactly to trigger events?
post #1631 of 1632 Old 03-13-2015, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the information. How are you using it exactly to trigger events?
checkout the Roomie Supplied documentation on the latest release.
triggers are discussed starting at page 5.
http://www.roomieremote.com/wp-conte...w-Features.pdf
post #1632 of 1632 Unread Today, 10:07 PM

Quote:

I'm running a macmini with agent and using 2 ipads to control roomie. It works well now that I have things configured. I set the mini to start up every morning and shut down every not and to not go to sleep while its on, and that way I ensure that agent is working during the day. I'm not sure how many macs you can put on it.
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Yamaha Rx V2065 Receiver , Tivo , Pioneer Vsx 1021 K 7 1 Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr 1912 Receiver
Gear in this thread - V2065 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page