Roomie Remote - Page 55 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1621 of 1644 Old 02-26-2015, 09:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm getting roomie configured for my father and haven't been able to get 'wake on lan' to work with a Macmini. I've typed in the MAC address and even set the mac to a manual IP but still no luck. What step am I missing? thanks,

Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1622 of 1644 Old 02-27-2015, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
For those have a FireTV, can you launch specific apps using Roomie, similar to what you can do on the Roku?
post #1623 of 1644 Old 02-27-2015, 04:10 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danonano View Post
I'm getting roomie configured for my father and haven't been able to get 'wake on lan' to work with a Macmini. I've typed in the MAC address and even set the mac to a manual IP but still no luck. What step am I missing? thanks,

Dan
The FAQ for wake on LAN components on the Roomie support page makes it seem like all you need is the MAC address.

http://www.roomieremote.com/support/

Does the 'wake for network access' option in system preferences/energy saver also need to be enabled on the Mini?
post #1624 of 1644 Old 03-01-2015, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootowls View Post
The FAQ for wake on LAN components on the Roomie support page makes it seem like all you need is the MAC address.

http://www.roomieremote.com/support/

Does the 'wake for network access' option in system preferences/energy saver also need to be enabled on the Mini?
Ya I tried entering the MAC address and selecting 'wake for network access' but it didn't help. I did find a work around by scheduling the Macmini to start up every morning with an automatic login, never go to sleep, and then shutdown in the late evening. You can set this up under energy saver and then schedules, and the automatic login under user options in 'users and group.'

I've got everything set up great, except that Roomie refuses to completely pair with the Dish Hopper. I can type in the pairing code, and the roomie buttons will then work, but the pairing doesn't complete as after a few minutes it will ask me a code again. (on the tv the pairing que window doesn't go away unless I hit cancel.) Ironically, the RoomieSolo does pair correctly with the Hopper.

Has anyone paired successfully with the Dish Hopper?

thanks,
Dan
post #1625 of 1644 Old 03-02-2015, 05:44 AM

Has anyone here done much experimenting with controlling Philips Hue lights from within Roomie? I've managed to get some basic functionality running (intermittently, at least), but I've only scratched the surface. In the absence of thorough documentation for the app's Hue configuration, the learning curve is proving to be pretty steep.

I'm mostly trying to set up lighting controls within existing activities like Plex, TiVo, Roku, Blu-Ray, etc. Basic things like turning scenes on and off in conjunction with play/pause commands, turning equipment on/off, etc. What I've accomplished so far is little more than a kludge, so I'm hoping somebody has figured out a nice, elegant approach.

Help???
post #1626 of 1644 Old 03-02-2015, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcoble33 View Post
Has anyone here done much experimenting with controlling Philips Hue lights from within Roomie?
I think you may be able to set up a separate activity in the 'popup activity' or 'toggle mode' to suit your purposes. Both options are available towards the bottom of the edit activity page. I set up a toggle mode activity for my hue lights, so that when I select the activity it turns on the lights in the appropriate color and brightness, and when i deselect it they turn off. I did have to go in and put individual commands for each light, so there might be an easier way using the .group command. Strangely enough it seems to work better than the native hue app once it's all set up. Maybe that's because it sends each command individually.

You do have a good idea with timing lights with play buttons etc, so I may try that too.

This page has more info in regards to hue, temperature, brightness etc. http://www.developers.meethue.com/do.../core-concepts

Last edited by Danonano; 03-02-2015 at 08:08 AM.
post #1627 of 1644 Old 03-02-2015, 08:34 AM

Interesting approach. I haven't played too much with popup activities or toggle modes, but I can see how that could be a good approach for setting 'baseline' lighting when I fire up an activity. So far I've just been assigning basic "scene on"/"scene off" commands to the same buttons that control play/pause, but I've had limited success with that. I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually...

Thanks for the feedback!
post #1628 of 1644 Old 03-12-2015, 07:27 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 16
has anyone used the roomie agent 2.1 on the mac?

If so what is your experience with it? Also how many mac's can you put it on? Thanks
post #1629 of 1644 Old 03-13-2015, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadcj7 View Post

If so what is your experience with it? Also how many mac's can you put it on? Thanks
i am only using it as a system time clock - to trigger events etc. I don't use any of the more advanced features so can't comment on those. As a time clock it works well.
I spoke with customer support and you can use Agent on as many macs as you like. It is tied to your email address - not the machine.
post #1630 of 1644 Old 03-13-2015, 08:55 AM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgmobile View Post
i am only using it as a system time clock - to trigger events etc. I don't use any of the more advanced features so can't comment on those. As a time clock it works well.
I spoke with customer support and you can use Agent on as many macs as you like. It is tied to your email address - not the machine.
Thanks for the information. How are you using it exactly to trigger events?
post #1631 of 1644 Old 03-13-2015, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the information. How are you using it exactly to trigger events?
checkout the Roomie Supplied documentation on the latest release.
triggers are discussed starting at page 5.
http://www.roomieremote.com/wp-conte...w-Features.pdf
post #1632 of 1644 Old 03-23-2015, 10:07 PM

Quote:

I'm running a macmini with agent and using 2 ipads to control roomie. It works well now that I have things configured. I set the mini to start up every morning, shut down every night, and to not go to sleep while its on. That way I ensure that agent is working during the day. I'm not sure how many macs you can put on it.
post #1633 of 1644 Old 04-01-2015, 11:48 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
I'm moving in to a new house, and my roomie set up is going to get a lot more confusing. I'd like to buy a 32", 40", and 55" IP controllable TV for a few places with occasional viewing (kitchen, master bath, and outdoor patio). It looks like Sharp is the best bet, but I'm not familiar enough with their naming syntax to know what is compatible. Can anyone suggest 2013/2014/2015 models for me to look for that are completely IP controllable by Roomie?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Justin
post #1634 of 1644 Old 04-01-2015, 12:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1090 Post(s)
Liked: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBusiness View Post
I'm moving in to a new house, and my roomie set up is going to get a lot more confusing. I'd like to buy a 32", 40", and 55" IP controllable TV for a few places with occasional viewing (kitchen, master bath, and outdoor patio). It looks like Sharp is the best bet, but I'm not familiar enough with their naming syntax to know what is compatible. Can anyone suggest 2013/2014/2015 models for me to look for that are completely IP controllable by Roomie?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Justin
Here's the list:
http://www.roomieremote.com/device-compatibility/

Beyond that, you'll have to ask Roomie. Sharp support likely won't have any idea.
post #1635 of 1644 Old 04-01-2015, 12:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Liked: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
Here's the list:
http://www.roomieremote.com/device-compatibility/

Beyond that, you'll have to ask Roomie. Sharp support likely won't have any idea.
Also note that many sets do not support power via ip - Seems most if not all Sharps listed do, as do later model Sony's

Listening: When I Built This World from "Someday World" Brian Eno/Karl Hyde (Rating 9/10) • Watching: "Talking Heads: Stop Making Sense" (Blu Ray ISO) (Rating 9/10)
Thrang's Theater: Sony VPLVW-1100 - Bowers & Willkins 800/802/803/HTM2D D2 Diamond - JL Audio Fathom 113 - Lumagen 2143 - McIntosh MX-151 - Parasound Halo JC1/A51 - Oppo 103 - Dune Smart B1/Synology 20TB NAS - DirecTV Genie - TiVo Roamio - Apple TV - PS4 • Audio: Sennheiser HD800 - Oppo HA1 - Kef LS50 - iTunes/Pure Music - iMac 5k
post #1636 of 1644 Old 04-01-2015, 12:12 PM

I'm using the Roomie Agent on two Mac Minis and syncing with an iPad Mini and an iPhone 5s. Not exactly a large, high-demand implementation, but it's been rock solid and has yet to miss a beat.
post #1637 of 1644 Old 04-01-2015, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrang View Post
Also note that many sets do not support power via ip - Seems most if not all Sharps listed do, as do later model Sony's
I'm not seeing any 32" TVs that are completely IP controllable, except the Sony KDL-32W650A, which is not available for sale anywhere. I guess I'll just go IR Control for now.

Anyone else see a 32" with IP control?
post #1638 of 1644 Old 04-01-2015, 12:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1090 Post(s)
Liked: 599
Check iRule's compatibility list as well.
post #1639 of 1644 Old 04-02-2015, 07:57 AM

Ok, going to just control those displays via IR.

Does the roomie RS-232 Adapter allow for feedback, or just one way communication? http://www.roomieremote.com/store/bl...es/serial.html

For feedback, do I need to go with an iTach IP2SL?
post #1640 of 1644 Old 04-02-2015, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 371 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Quote:
Ok, going to just control those displays via IR.

Does the roomie RS-232 Adapter allow for feedback, or just one way communication? http://www.roomieremote.com/store/bl...es/serial.html

For feedback, do I need to go with an iTach IP2SL?
It should allow for feedback over serial. However, what types of feedback you can get over serial (or IP for that matter) depend on the equipment.
post #1641 of 1644 Old 04-03-2015, 04:47 AM

Chromebox

Hey guys

Just got a chromebox setup running plex with Openelec and read many times that people were using roomie to control it( although it was Kodi indstead of plex)

Has anyone got it working with Plex, it won't auto discover it.

I am very new to roomie so i am pretty clueless

thanks

post #1642 of 1644 Old 04-04-2015, 03:42 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
I'm not seeing any 32" TVs that are completely IP controllable, except the Sony KDL-32W650A, which is not available for sale anywhere. I guess I'll just go IR Control for now.

Anyone else see a 32" with IP control?
This new 32 looks like it has a pretty good chance it will have IP control:

http://www.sharpusa.com/ForHome/Home...C32LE653U.aspx

But we don't list it yet as it's not quite available and untested. There are more options in the 39-43 range. That Sony model is/was wonderful if you can find it.
post #1643 of 1644 Old 04-06-2015, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphers72 View Post
This new 32 looks like it has a pretty good chance it will have IP control:

http://www.sharpusa.com/ForHome/Home...C32LE653U.aspx

But we don't list it yet as it's not quite available and untested. There are more options in the 39-43 range. That Sony model is/was wonderful if you can find it.
IP Control is listed as a " - " on the tech specs, but you think there may be compatibility still?

I need it to be 32" for the space under the counter.
post #1644 of 1644 Old Yesterday, 10:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 66
So, I see the newly released Roomie update has Roomie for Apple Watch - very interesting...

What the hell are you looking down here for?!
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Yamaha Rx V2065 Receiver , Tivo , Pioneer Vsx 1021 K 7 1 Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr 1912 Receiver
Gear in this thread - V2065 by PriceGrabber.com