Roomie Remote - Page 57 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1681 of 1692 Old 05-14-2015, 01:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1179 Post(s)
Liked: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by rramacha View Post
I have been a long term Harmony user and switched over to iRule recently...
Thanks for sharing. But what does this have to do with Roomie?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1682 of 1692 Old 05-14-2015, 01:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:

Bugs I have:
  1. 1. Oppo 105D Power on does not work. I am using IP Control and may have to go RS232 route and check.

Hello rramacha

I have a 103D and have been wondering about this also. Mine will only show up on my network after I manually/IR power on my unit. After that it will power on and off with IP control. I've wondered if it is a bug or design of the 103D?

Bob
post #1683 of 1692 Old 05-14-2015, 02:27 PM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Sorry I meant Roomie Remote
post #1684 of 1692 Old 05-14-2015, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdawg1000 View Post
Hello rramacha

I have a 103D and have been wondering about this also. Mine will only show up on my network after I manually/IR power on my unit. After that it will power on and off with IP control. I've wondered if it is a bug or design of the 103D?

Bob
Power Toggle works over ip. So I turn on using that. I would like discreet power to work.

Cheers
post #1685 of 1692 Old 05-15-2015, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Hello All

Bugs I have:
  1. 1. Oppo 105D Power on does not work. I am using IP Control and may have to go RS232 route and check.
  2. 2. When using Oppo 105D optical in as source from my bluesound, cannot automate command Source 6 to happen when starting up the activity. I need to do this after activity starts.

Cheers

Raj
I was able to resolve Issue #2 by setting delays. I set delay after power toggle to 20 seconds. I then sent Source Command. I then set delay to 2 seconds and sent command 6. It now worked. Now my oppo goes to optical in.

Cheers

Raj
post #1686 of 1692 Old 05-16-2015, 06:35 PM

Quote:

Oppo 105D Power on does not work.

I'm sorry I can only confirm what you already know. On my 103D the Power on Button does nothing. The Power Off Button toggles the power. The Toggle Power button functions normally.

Bob
post #1687 of 1692 Old 05-17-2015, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Hello All

I have been a long term Harmony user and switched over to Roomie recently. My experience so far has been good. I currently have only few bugs to iron out.
Features I love:
  1. 1. Two way feed back to show volume level and Surround Mode.
  2. 2. Large screen real estate, where I can have buttons dedicated to different Audyysey Modes.
  3. 3. While watching DVR content ability to use slider to go anywhere, rather that use forward or fast forward button.
  4. 4. Ability to type on search field using regular key board.

Bugs I have:
  2. 2. When using Oppo 105D optical in as source from my bluesound, cannot automate command Source 6 to happen when starting up the activity. I need to do this after activity starts.

Things to explore:
  1. 1.Pop Up Activty and
  2. 2. Toggle Activity.

I have no idea what they do.

Cheers

Raj
Quote:
I'm sorry I can only confirm what you already know. On my 103D the Power on Button does nothing. The Power Off Button toggles the power. The Toggle Power button functions normally.

Bob
Bob

Today If time permits, I will try and set up Oppo to control via RS232 and see if that works. If it is, then some thing else is the issue. I also noticed following two important buttons missing on remote rendered by Roomie.

It lacks button for Pure Audio and Darbee On/Off
post #1688 of 1692 Old 05-17-2015, 07:40 PM

I am facing annoyance with roomie remote while watching Dish TV. I keep getting request to enter Pairing Code appearing on screen on my iPad. Once I do I can click settings on dish hopper and save it. Unfortunately this repeats every half hour to an hour. Do any one know of this issue.

Cheers

Raj
post #1689 of 1692 Old 05-18-2015, 06:47 AM

Quote:
I am facing annoyance with roomie remote while watching Dish TV. I keep getting request to enter Pairing Code appearing on screen on my iPad

Hello Raj

I had that problem and turning off Blue Tooth in the Dish receiver Settings cured it.

By the way I sent an email to RoomieSupport about support for discrete power on/off codes on the 103D. I'll let you know if I get a response.

Bob
post #1690 of 1692 Old 05-18-2015, 08:05 AM

Thanks Bob. I will try that. I will mostly do RS232 set up for Oppo in a day or two. I will keep you posted how rock solid that is.

Cheers

Raj
post #1691 of 1692 Old 05-18-2015, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Hello Raj

I had that problem and turning off Blue Tooth in the Dish receiver Settings cured it.

By the way I sent an email to RoomieSupport about support for discrete power on/off codes on the 103D. I'll let you know if I get a response.

Bob
Bob

I did not try turning off bluetooth yet, but tried controlling Oppo using RS232. It is rock solid. Everything works and also I can see all commands like Pure Audio/ Darbee etc. Discreet ON/OFF works as well. Looking at how rock solid it is, I may switch even my Marantz AV 8802 and Epson Projector to RS232.

Cheers
post #1692 of 1692 Old Today, 02:31 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi everyone,

Last week I got an iTach WF2SL which I would like to use with Roomie. The iTach is connected to my network and I can send commands directly to my pre-pro via the iTest-application using port 4999.

When I try to add a device in Roomie I am able to go through the whole selection-process:

- iTach is recognized
- I select it, select Serial 1 and then I can select the device to be controlled

So far so good! However, when I would like to check the remote with the "Test remote"-function each command I press is confirmed by a red name of the button I just hit. The Roomie FAQ says that everything is fine when the button-confirmation is displayed in blue, otherwise Roomie has a communication-problem with the iTach.

So right now I am pretty helpless as the iTach shows up automatically in Roomie but something obviously has to be wrong.

Any ideas?

Thanks and best regards,
Markus
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Yamaha Rx V2065 Receiver , Tivo , Pioneer Vsx 1021 K 7 1 Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr 1912 Receiver
Gear in this thread - V2065 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page