Roomie Remote - Page 59 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1741 of 1744 Old Yesterday, 12:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodbuster View Post
Roomie tracks the power status of each device. Hence I set up every activity as if it were to begin from a cold start. Say I'm watching TV using the cable box and I want to select my Apple TV device: just initiate the Apple TV request, and the selections for the cable box will be 'overwritten'. Note that the cable box will remain powered on, but that doesn't bother me. When I am done with the system, I select System Off into which I have programmed all the power off commands for every device. I usually have every control sequence 'confirmed' before execution. Roomie has made itself invaluable, and I know I'm not beginning to use all its features.

Bill
Thats how I'm starting to feel as I understand it more and more. So you leave all your components on as you use the system so when you switch from STB (TV) to AppleTV the STB stays up, thats not a bad idea, I guess I'm more anal and like having them or at least watching them go off, as I move away from one. So does the red power button automatically turn off all devices or can you edit it and program it to shut all off? The only one I couldn't get to turn off was the AppleTV, there is no command to send it to sleep or at least not one I'm aware of, know how I can do that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1742 of 1744 Old Yesterday, 02:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
When I looked at the commands issued by the System Off button, it looks like I programmed it to turn off every device one after the other. It's been a long time, and I don't remember what the default settings there looked like. I agree that what happens with the Apple TV is a mystery since there is no discrete on/off function. My assumption is that it wakes up when addressed and hibernates when ignored, but that's just a guess. It is the newest device in my system...been there for about a year. I also have a Roku player. These are the only items which are controlled directly via my wifi network...everything else needs an IR signal as provided by an iTach device. Most of my gear is much too old to have an IP address!

Bill Bunker
post #1743 of 1744 Old Today, 07:49 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodbuster View Post
When I looked at the commands issued by the System Off button, it looks like I programmed it to turn off every device one after the other. It's been a long time, and I don't remember what the default settings there looked like. I agree that what happens with the Apple TV is a mystery since there is no discrete on/off function. My assumption is that it wakes up when addressed and hibernates when ignored, but that's just a guess. It is the newest device in my system...been there for about a year. I also have a Roku player. These are the only items which are controlled directly via my wifi network...everything else needs an IR signal as provided by an iTach device. Most of my gear is much too old to have an IP address!
So you can program the System Off button, guess I just haven't clicked it and looked at what its doing. Good to know.

Last edited by ChrisMc73; Today at 08:05 AM.
post #1744 of 1744 Old Today, 10:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sorry, my experience goes back years and Roomie has evolved in the meantime. I just don't know how you should add more emitters, but it is surely possible. The iTach wifi2ir gizmo I use also has three ports. Before I ever started with Roomie, I needed multiple IR emitters, so I bought a device that takes an IR input, amplifies it, then outputs multiple copies on multiple ports (xantech gizmo). I don't lack for emitters!

Bill Bunker
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Yamaha Rx V2065 Receiver , Tivo , Pioneer Vsx 1021 K 7 1 Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr 1912 Receiver
Gear in this thread - V2065 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page